It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists confirm: Ancient Egyptians wore jewelry made of materials from outer space

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I've seen no evidence or valid argument that anyone other than ancient Egyptian humans built the pyramids. While their construction was certainly a very challenging one, it was not impossible for them to pull off with the materials of the time and pure human ingenuity.

Link

When Heroditus went to Egypt and asked the priests there about the pyramids, they said that it took something like 400,000 men 20 years to build. They said nothing about aliens or gods building them. And I think, that the sight of spaceships levitating giant 2 ton blocks in front of all those people would be a pretty difficult thing not to notice, or talk about, even in the ancient world. And the ancient Egyptians were pretty meticulous when it came to recording things (there are even recorded UFO sightings in ancient Egypt, though no contact with any aliens was stated, only that strange bright unknown objects were observed by people back then).

They weren't primitive savages. They were learned men who laid the foundations of science and art, many of which are still in use today.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Very good and rational post.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

When Heroditus went to Egypt and asked the priests there about the pyramids, they said that it took something like 400,000 men 20 years to build. They said nothing about aliens or gods building them. And I think, that the sight of spaceships levitating giant 2 ton blocks in front of all those people would be a pretty difficult thing not to notice, or talk about, even in the ancient world. And the ancient Egyptians were pretty meticulous when it came to recording things (there are even recorded UFO sightings in ancient Egypt, though no contact with any aliens was stated, only that strange bright unknown objects were observed by people back then).

Herodotus, in "An Account of Egypt" also said that the Egyptian priests (440 bce recounting tales from 2540 bce) told him that:

a. Khufu's daughter went into prostitution to help pay for the building of the Khufu pyramid (I am sure that made a significant impact)

b. That there was a pyramid which floated on a great lake and moved about drifting on a large floating matte of watergrasses

c. That the pyramid was paid for by Khufu by stealing the 10% tithe from the Mastabas of Ptah, and that Ptah was greatly angered and punished Khufu (but not his grandson later on Khafren, apparently Ptah was OK by then and had gotten over it)

d. That the pyramid was a lesson, and Khufu was punished greatly for this, that the tithe should never again be removed from the house of Ptah. Ohhhhhhhh, the lesson is 'keep the money flowing.'

e. finally, that the pyramid was built in 20 years.

I think I will just believe bullet point e. cuz that is my favorite.

There, science in action.

edit on 23-8-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Sorry y'all I still don't buy ancient aliens coming down in huge space ships, helping the completely retarded earthlings build monuments.

That's the be all end all of the ancient aliens BS theory. That humans were at that point nothing more than hairless apes until ET came down, and built things for us cause we were too busy flinging our own poo at each other to develop anything past sharp pointy rocks.

It's absurd, and belittles our ancient ancestors to believe that.

Yes, stones were heavy, that's why you have lots of people and probably animals help move them into place. Cutting them to precision? Not that difficult given enough time. And that's what ancient people's had a lot of, time.

We have lost so much of our history over the ages, with the near constant warring our species inflicts upon ourselves. There's no telling what the ancients had that would have helped tremendously in their struggles to build great monuments.

I'm not saying that aliens don't exist. I'm just saying that humans weren't complete and total retards who couldn't do anything beyond try and hopefully not drown looking up at the rain.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hmm, I've recently read that they wore astroid necklaces and so on, is this the same thing?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I agree with some of the sentiments expressed above but i think we take for granted just how difficult building thees monolithic structures really was. not just the tools and technique but the geometry, precision and the man power needed.

in regards to the pyramids some of the bricks involved in building Giza weigh many tonnes and to lift them up this structure using ramps and rope would of required many many men. i cba working out the force needed to push or pull a multi tonne block up a ramp with an incline of around 30 degrees but it can be done if anyone fancies it?! not just that in the temple of karnack its built so precise that the sun will shine on one of the pharaohs faces for just one day a year, the same day, every year, for thousands of years, like clockwork! amazing. i was recently in Egypt and you need to see these things in person to appreciate them fully.

also a bit OT but the conflict there is no where near as bad as its been shown on the news, like seriously its ridiculous how the media has manipulated the situation.

with regards to lifting blocks i think its been shown/ proven ancients couldn't of lifted them with the technology it is generally excepted they had, also cutting granite to precision is hard stone masons today couldn't replicate that and this is thousands of years later. i don't believe in ancient aliens though, i think its clear our ancestors are a lot more advanced than we give them credit for, i don't think people want to accept that though, for various reasons.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Interesting! Sorry to be a bit OT but I want to ask something about the subplot:

Why is it from ancient times we continued to advance things we did way back when, agriculture, science, domestication, engineering and so forth - yet we either slowed down or completely stopped with the building giant wondrous megastructures like the pyramids?

Yes you can argue that things like the Washington memorial and who knows what else, WTC perhaps, were engineering mega-feats of our time, but were they? They were all built with pretty sub-standard equipment for our time. A modern retelling of the pyramids would be what, a 5000 story building perhaps? A monument made out of gigantic chunks of the cliffs of Dover?

Surely if we take the progress and advancement of the other things then we should still have cultures creating these marvelous structures and what not. Enough people if not MORE believe in God, or a God, or what not - why did they stop making such things? We still have cultures who do crazy things and don't seem too bothered if their own die in the process.

Yet the pyramids, stonehenge and all these questionable things happened long, long ago. And that was it. Between then and now things weren't built by humans in epic proportions. To me it's like we had a one off period where it was possible to build these things (or they were built for us, or with external help) and then clearly after that there was no way it could be done with human hands. Did we feel, "Well lol we made the pyramids that'll do for now. We performed the greatest feat known to mankind, let's never do that again."

If someone can fill me in on when we stopped bothering to test our abilities to create such things as the pyramids, and what caused that (because human rights are a pretty new thing, aren't they?) then I'd be delighted to know more

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
If only we could go back in time and just look around. One day. A week tops. See what and how things were. Wouldn't it be awesome? I might just stay back then. Though it is desert and I abhor the heat. I think anything is possible. They may have had some method forever lost in time that would have jump started the "iron age". As the meteorites were from space they were likely viewed as "from the gods" and wearing anything like that would make one "as a god himself". It is neat though for sure.

As for the pyramids...

IDK I found this a while back ago and thought it was an easily doable system to build the pyramids....

Cheops

I also came across the "cast in place" concrete limestone theory... they makes a LOT of sense and would help the blocks to all be perfect as they all used the same cast but they would be easy to get up without ramps and elevators.

Cast in Place

Just because we don't understand or know for a fact... we can't automagically assume ALIENS because we can't build smarter not harder. Maybe we have become too dependent on the technology we do have and it has made us short sighted and unable to problem solve the way these guys could. Or maybe it was aliens. We will likely not know for a VERY long time (if at all).
edit on 23-8-2013 by pslr2301 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Its my understanding that a French architect has proved the pyramids were built from the inside out....
a central ramp was used to move the stones upwards and they were placed from the outer façade inwards till the next level was in place, whereupon they raised the ramp to the new level. and began again....
traces o the process are clearly defined on the pyramid.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

It is how ever hard to cut granite with a copper chisel, and stone hammer. It's also hard to move multi-tonne (up to 100 or more tons in some cases) blocks in the middle of the desert where there are no trees.

Just saying. I don't think the pyramids were built by aliens, but I do think there was likely a group that taught the Egyptians what they know. Whether that be an older race we are unaware of in the area, or what have you.

I don't buy little green men from space visiting earth anyways. I believe there is most definitely life in the universe, how ever the likeliness they have visited us since ancient times, and still today and there isn't indisputable proof is just preposterous.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by pslr2301

As for the pyramids...

IDK I found this a while back ago and thought it was an easily doable system to build the pyramids....

Cheops

I also came across the "cast in place" concrete limestone theory... they makes a LOT of sense and would help the blocks to all be perfect as they all used the same cast but they would be easy to get up without ramps and elevators.

Cast in Place

The "pulley" method looks plausible. I also found this earlier regarding casting.
voices.yahoo.com...
I've just started to look into the building of the pyramids. I'd assumed there were ramps and slaves involved. I'd never thought about the cutting. Seems they knew about iron, as evident from jewelry. I wonder why we haven't found any tools for cutting the rock. That makes me think they were cast. But, what do I know? I'm a noob. I have no idea why their art is so descriptive but leaves out the big clues. At least I assume it does, as there seems to be some debate.

What I do feel to be true, though, is saying gods, ghosts, or aliens did anything is a substitute for research. Might as well say unicorns did everything and then just stop researching all origins.
edit on 24-8-2013 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
Just saying. I don't think the pyramids were built by aliens, but I do think there was likely a group that taught the Egyptians what they know. Whether that be an older race we are unaware of in the area, or what have you.

Why do you think that? Why can't the Egyptians be the ones to have figured this out? Where are the pyramids this older group built?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

There is evidence to suggest many of the pyramids are much older than the Egyptians whose history we think we know so much about. I do not think Aliens built the pyramids, how ever I'm not sure the Egyptians who loved to document their knowledge built them and didn't leave any clues as to how.

How ever, aside from location, occupation, and adamant Egyptologists we can't figure out how they cut(or poured), moved, stacked, or completed the pyramid as fast as they supposedly did, with the accuracy that they did.

There are a lot of neat theories, but none seem to really hold up, and many egyptologists completely discredit many, if not all of the theories that would require them to change their stories.

Science is constantly growing, expanding, asking questions, testing and rewriting what you know. Egyptology tends to be more of a religious belief. It seems to be based on a whole lot of faith.

There was a french engineer who thinks he found a solution actually. Check this out.

I still think that the same man we are today, has been around much longer than it is currently accepted, and many races may have been around much longer than we are aware, having been more advanced than we are currently aware.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Your just backtracking now.. only attackiing people for their beliefs with no real argument or valid point that backs up your beliefs.. typical of an armchair know it all sceptic.. we deny ignorance around here my friend..

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
That's right MrLondon, you tell him and who built the pyramids in china, plus the one on the moon and mars did the Egyptians go to other planets in their spare time to build those too???

No they didn't plus go check out area 51 using Google earth I watched a video the other day sorry I don't have the copy but the aliens have just erected a full size pyramid not the Egyptians, history lies to us all all the time, and no it didn't take 20 years to build what rubbish

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Really? Not that hard to stack hundreds of blocks that weigh tons in perfect symmetry, with no machinery and not to mention the logistics involved.. yeah right!!! Obviously have no idea!

"Perfect symmetry?"

Hardly:

Harte

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Pure Granite, that can only be cut with diamond tips...

That's a lie told by the fringe. You have chosen to propagate disinformation here.

Are you douing this for your own agenda, or to further your own skewed worldview, or are you simply too lazy to find out a simple fact?

Harte

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Than I guess at puma punku had some superior tools back than...even though the age of puma punku is speculated to be older than the Egypt era.

It is unquestionably true that the Tiahuanaco site - including Pumapunku - dates to the common era.

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFlySo what did they use...to cut granite ? Some older, but somehow superior tool to the later copper chisel.

There is no granite at Pumapunku. Assuming you mean the Egyptians, then, they used copper/bronze saws with sand as an abrasive. link

The technique has been duplicated in modern times by Stocks, Protzen et al.
Stocks' book: link

Quarrying link: link

Harte

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleepdealer
reply to post by TKDRL

Anyone who is even faintly familiar with The Egyptian Book of the Dead for instance (as it relates to the construction of the pyramids) knows that they were advanced, knowledgeable individuals. It should not come as a surprise that their architects came up with inventive ways (which most would probably find difficult to understand, even today) to create the pyramids.

I suppose you mean the Pyramid Texts, which date to the Old Kingdom.

Anyone familiar with them would know they have nothing whatsoever to do with construction of any pyramid. They are only a collection of magical spells to be spoken by the dead Pharoah to get past the obstacles between him and his everlating afterlife.

That, along with descriptions of the various situations in which he should use them.

The Book of the Dead dates to the New Kingdom. By then, the Egyptians themselves had no recollection of how to go about building giant pyramids.

Harte

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

That's all fair and well, but ancient aliens and gods are a giant step away from human ingenuity.

The pyramids are not perfect and neither is puma punku or the south american pyramids and structures.
They had the genius and ingenuity to tackle the problems at hand.

I find it ignorant to assert that humans are incapable.

Opinions are fine and we may disagree...
my opinion is that there is still no undeniable proof that an intelligence greater than ourselves decided to mosey on down to this little pebble in the universe and lend a hand.

A more true opinion, in my view, is that we may one day be that intelligence that happens upon a world where we may lend a hand.
That is not a god-mind, that is a logical mind.
For, if aliens came here once, and made themselves known - like god - why would they not have stayed, why would they not have returned? Why is there NO proof of ancient aliens? no bodies, no crafts, nada.

Despite my comments, I enjoy these topics - or why else have I been on ATS for so long? - it is wise to discuss and debate, coz it makes us think... I cast doubt on ancient aliens but I wont outright throw the idea away.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join