It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists confirm: Ancient Egyptians wore jewelry made of materials from outer space

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

meteoric iron was - in ancient times highly prized so objects made of it , are to be expected - any alternate claim begs the question - why would aliens bring such a common element to earth ?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEthicalSkeptic

Originally posted by Harte
The most recent technical estimation I'm aware of (1999) comes from the Architectural/Civil Engineering firm Daniel, Mann, Johnson, & Mendenhall (DMJM) - today known as AECOM:

Based on our program management approach and our informed guesses we concluded that...

Yes, my firms have done many construction projects with DMJM, or "Dim Jim" as they were known affectionately in the industry. The average person doing such PERT and Work Content measures studies would have been 3 years out of mechanical, architectural or civil engineering undergrad work...

Oh my goodness!! Surprise surprise! DMJM did not actually DO any PERT or Work Content measures in the Khufu 'study.' It was nothing but a highly prosaic 10 page calculator guesstimate opinion.

Will wonders never cease.

edit on 24-8-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by HauntWok

It is how ever hard to cut granite with a copper chisel, and stone hammer. It's also hard to move multi-tonne (up to 100 or more tons in some cases) blocks in the middle of the desert where there are no trees.

Just saying. I don't think the pyramids were built by aliens, but I do think there was likely a group that taught the Egyptians what they know. Whether that be an older race we are unaware of in the area, or what have you.

I don't buy little green men from space visiting earth anyways. I believe there is most definitely life in the universe, how ever the likeliness they have visited us since ancient times, and still today and there isn't indisputable proof is just preposterous.

you might want to continue your obviously sparse research in this area--as, all evidence taken together, alien contact has been repeatedly described in detail and is veritably indisputable. look at puma punku--that was not done with stone age implements. the 'sky gods' gave people like the egyptians tools and technologies to precisely cut and move monoliths to construct artifacts they desired in place. engineers say the concept of pi was necessary to constructing great pyramids, though there is no indication the egyptians possessed this knowledge. pyramids are also at the precise center of earth's land masses--and just take a look at the global pyramidal scheme!

but of course, we must ignore everything ancients said about sky gods and their relation to extreme technology and advanced astronomy--they were totally deluded regarding reality, though they possessed abilities we lack today. btw, has anyone looked at the brain size of akhenaton, nefertiti and tutankhamen--which was covered up for discovery ch. documentaries?

help us out here, smart people in this area--keep pouring out amazing facts about all this!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Really? Not that hard to stack hundreds of blocks that weigh tons in perfect symmetry, with no machinery and not to mention the logistics involved.. yeah right!!! Obviously have no idea!

"Perfect symmetry?"

Hardly:

Harte

that's dumb--called erosion; used to have a coating as smooth as a baby's behind.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

The site I linked above your post explains why this may not have been the case. Here is a direct link. I think it is ultimately all speculation on our part. As I said earlier... we may just not be able to think "outside the box" on it because we have become so reliant on technology that we have become limited to what our technology can accomplish.

I still want to go check it out for myself though. =)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
here's a depiction of a project advisor.

www.old.aravinda.in...

it's amazing how their 'greys' totally resemble our own!
edit on 24-8-2013 by ouvertaverite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Interesting find OP. S&F.

I wonder....

How did ancient Egyptians know the rock they were crafting jewelry from was a meteorite?

I mean, rock is rock - until you stick it under the microscope and break it down.

There are other ways to come across glass. When lightening strikes sand, volcanic glass...but the ancient Egyptians specifically favored glass from outer space? How did they know?

Cirque

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
There are other ways to come across glass. When lightening strikes sand, volcanic glass...but the ancient Egyptians specifically favored glass from outer space? How did they know?

Cirque

When lighting hits sand yeah but how do you find that? It's rare as hell to find something like that. Volcanic glass isn't clear so it isn't very good for jewels. Meteoric glass on the other hand is clear and the ancients knew one place that has more than they can gather of it. Also they weren't able to make it so only option remaining is the meteoric.
edit on 24/8/2013 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by Harte

Now, if someone with "advanced" tech built the pyramids, why, exactly, are these ramp remains there?

Mind showing me a picture of these [ramp] remains?

Here's a PDF that tells about their discovery (among a great many other things regarding pyramid construction.)

Harte

Below is the 'ramp' which Abousir Zahi Hawass 'discovered,' and sponsored for publication in this referenced report.

a. At least one third of the recitations in this report were from other reports developed personally by, or authorized earlier by Zahi Hawass himself. And Zahi, we now know from after the fact, was such a trustworthy and neutral individual, I am sure we were delivered these recitations in only the highest of integrity.

b. And I am sooooooo glad that they were archaeologists who proposed this, and not engineers; I mean, who wants to put up with asking engineers whether the ramp was feasible? Such a waste of time and energy when we have reports to be done.

c. Screw the pyramid, I want to know about this RAMP!! Wow!! Pyramid schmyramid..., this RAMP was the single greatest feat of engineering ever accomplished by man. The unheralded Eighth Wonder of the World. Fully 340% larger in volume than the pyramid and having to support 80% more weight than the pyramid itself. The stones, from their technology-elect would have been massive!!

The Ramp is a true wonder of wonders... being completed in 10 years and all too...

... and then they removed it.
(the removal of the ramp was the Ninth World Wonder)

d. Ramps are engineering for 12 year olds. There are much simpler, faster, smarter, less work intensive and more economical and expedient means of lifting 2.5 tonne stones up an inclined surface.

This is nothing but stupidity and political correctness being passed off as science.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet. I just started reading this thread but, for those that think moving large blocks was too hard, look up Wally Wallington on youtube. He can do amazing things.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

If you mean a photo, I don't know if one exists, though you might look for it online.

Yes I meant a photo of these supposed ramps, or what they would call a ramp.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

having read further into this - i suspect that people have missed how easily a discovered meteoric iron fragment could be worked [ relative tow raw iron ore ] with a furnace hot enough to smelt copper , iron is made malleable enough to work

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

you do realize they had copper chisels back then...as the only tool...at least only one we found evidence of. Try taking your time to cut a granite stone with a copper chisel...and good luck.

Oh, but......you know the Egyptians had nothing better to do back in those days but sit around, according to HauntWok. So they had all the time in the world to chisel away on a piece of granite, even if it took a lifetime!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The ancient Egyptians did amazing things. Being that they were into preservation, I wonder if it's why there's so much that has been found in comparison to other civilizations. Nobody else takes their belongings with them into their tombs. You don't see a Hearst towing a U -Haul.
Other civilizations might have been equally impressive but those artifacts were buried deeper from geological events. They aren't going to be found in our lifetime. Who knows

Anyways it's an interesting find.
Can I ask a dumb question? Where is " outer space". Out of our solar system?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ouvertaverite

alien contact has been repeatedly described in detail and is veritably indisputable. look at puma punku--that was not done with stone age implements.

Really do you have ANY evidence to support that? The page before I posted a video that shows they did have all the knowledge and tools to do that and there were blocks found in various levels of workmanship being formed.

Do you have anything other than the lies from ancient aliens?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Ancient Egyptians were much more powerful and clever than nowdays

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by farhad

Not sure about that. Did they have more control over their people? Probably.
More intelligent? Probably not.

Or another way of looking at it is the average Joe now knows a lot, where as before knowledge was mainly only for the rich and fairy tales for the poor.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

Ancient Egyptians had a well structured social system and good level of science. This is the reason why this empire lasted so long.

It is not fruitful to compare with modern society. Egyptians were better than other competing societies in many aspects. One of that was their knowledge of metals.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

The most recent technical estimation I'm aware of (1999) comes from the Architectural/Civil Engineering firm Daniel, Mann, Johnson, & Mendenhall (DMJM) - today known as AECOM:

Based on our program management approach and our informed guesses we concluded that...

Yes, my firms have done many construction projects with DMJM, or "Dim Jim" as they were known affectionately in the industry. The average person doing such PERT and Work Content measures studies would have been 3 years out of mechanical, architectural or civil engineering undergrad work...

Oh my goodness!! Surprise surprise! DMJM did not actually DO any PERT or Work Content measures in the Khufu 'study.' It was nothing but a highly prosaic 10 page calculator guesstimate opinion.

Will wonders never cease.

You have an active, if paranoid, imagination.

The link leads to an article published in a trade magazine, not to any scholarly journal. The article is an overview of what they did. DMJM actually did publish the "work" (if you want to call it that) but it's not online.

I posted that information in response to the claims that by using 100,000 workers, the Egyptians could have built the GP in 20 years.

The point of the post was that there are other estimations that have been made by people who know something about managing construction projects. You know, unlike Graham Hancock for example. Or Herodotus, for that matter.

So, what I posted stands. there exist estimates, by legitimate entities, that it wouldn't have taken 100,000 workers working for 20 years to build the GP.

The fact that people have provided these estimates does not, of course, make them correct.

Harte

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join