It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists confirm: Ancient Egyptians wore jewelry made of materials from outer space

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Manly Hall discusses some of those viewpoints and the esoteric meaning of them.

Nature was the canvas of our creator. So man studied things painted on this canvas in attempts to see Gods hand. Thus, man became adept at observing nature and emulating natural effects.

I mean, we know that roots can melt stone through a process known as "chelation". I am sure ancient man knew this, too, when he found roots boring through stone. But mention "melting stone" in any archaeology discussion and you are laughed at, despite it being a process that is known and understood.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Meteoric iron was the semen of God, so they revered it as a religious item.

I wonder if they made pearl necklaces out of it...I couldnt help myslef

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by Misterlondon

I didn't say it was easy, I just said it wasn't that hard."
'

What level of difficulty would that be? It's not easy but not hard?...sigh

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
My opinion is the ancients knew how to use the old methods to do things better than we know how to use them. They were masters. Instead we use the modern methods. I believe if we were placed into their time without our technology we would be incapable of the simplest things. We'd be laughed at and made fun of. That's why they deserve credit and some respect.
edit on 23-8-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You bring up a very good point. We know that humans from thousands of years ago knew about "complex" workings such as the one you pointed out, yet we dismiss it by saying it's an ancient way of thinking, therefor, irrelevant. Barbaric in a way. Why? Because we seem to be so hell-bent and stubborn in wanting to believe that we are so much more advanced than ancient cultures, that anything they did, we can do better. And the fact that there are so many negative and demeaning connotations attached to ancient cultures, like the word "primitive" for example, that it's ingrained into us from an early age that we are more advanced than they were. We just blindly believe what we're told, yet we think that we're intellectually advanced. It makes no sense to me.

If anything, speaking of intellect here, I think humans have devolved because of the natural course of things. You've heard the saying "necessity is the mother of invention". Once upon a time the wheel became needed as humans evolved physically. The need for a wheel spawned the invention of it. Did it take a great deal of intelligence to invent it? Not necessarily. Just the need. Now, here we are, thousands of years later without a real "need" for anything else. Everything we need has already been invented. You've also heard the saying "Use it or lose it".

Sometimes I wonder if humans were really ever all that smart. All those things that we find that they did thousands of years ago, we spend hundreds of years trying to figure out. Our minds don't need to be kicked into overdrive to think of new things to invent because we already have everything we need. We're not intellectually challenged anymore.That's the case, I believe, because we are so far removed from people who did things because they had to, that we can no longer comprehend the mindset that comes into play under those circumstances. That's why so many people lean towards the ancient alien theory.

Wasn't it the Egyptians, or maybe the Romans, who invented canals as a method of water distribution? They did so out of the need to keep a society of people together in one place. How far has that concept been expanded on? Only as far as the amount of people that a source of water has to serve. It's the same concept that was invented in ancient times. That's the extent of modern ingenuity. Making what was invented before......bigger. The way that's done is by using inventions of the past that are applicable to the method of water transportation, and filling the need of transporting more water to more people faster. Again, we're not inventing anything new. We're expanding on past inventions to meet current needs. That doesn't make us more advanced. That simply means we know how to adapt.

If more people saw things this way then perhaps it would take them down a notch or two and realize that we're not all that. When you take away ego and replace it with a humble attitude you can see things in a more balanced light. The ancient cultures that invented that which we now use weren't barbarians. They were here at a point in time where their physical needs were outpacing that which they had at their disposal that could fill those needs. So they invented stuff. And if no one on this board were there to see it all happen in real time, then no one on this board is qualified to say whether they did it themselves or got help from outside source.

edit on 23-8-2013 by Peacetime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Peacetime

We're running out of room on earth and exhausting the resources. Many people are still starving and we waste a lot of food and resources on a daily basis. People are dying from cancers and diseases left and right and this is a tremendous healthcare strain. There's lots of need out there.

But you're right: if we were placed in a fair competition with the ancients and did not have access to our modern technology they would whoop our behinds and make jokes about us.

I've read enough about the ancients to know they were ingenious given their limitations. We know some of what they knew, but it's not widespread knowledge and not practiced nearly to the same extent. They had knowledge of "known" techniques which was much more refined.

We're kind of like the person who watches the master do something and we nod our head and say "We could do that!" But the fact is, we're not the master and would fail miserably. We have only the briefest academic understanding of old techniques, but we have huge egos.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I would challenge you to find a single point in human history where humans didn't die from disease and cancer. That is, other than the times when they were dying at the hands of each other.

Death....it is absolutely certain to happen subsequent to life. Not sure why we lament it.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Doesn't any know they had a place like Home Depot? They called it Cave Depot and they could purchase all the tools they needed to do any job. 2 goats and a snake skin could go a long way back then.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Don't you understand we're exhausting resources? Have you been paying attention? We're running out of fossil fuels. We're running out of clean water. We're running out of precious metals. We're warming the atmosphere which is have multitudes of effects on the world we live in.

If I am to believe the climate predictions then we're in a sixth massive extinction with unknown effects in our future, most of which will probably not be good. If you touch fire you get burnt!

At any moment a pathogen worse than any in our history could strike and because of our mass transportation system it could spread rapidly and decimate large portions of our population.

And what about terrorism? What about WMD?

And you know it requires money to live comfortably. And money ain't free.

Geez, there're plenty of problems in the world, but there's also a lot of indifference. Part of hte problem is the issues we face today are so complex and require an education and experience in the field. The standards are high. Some people, in response, bow out and embrace oblivion. And then there're large numbers of people who have no chance, like those in poor countries and in war torn places. It seems to me the problems in this world require a global coordination.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

Maybe they sought out space treasures because it was thought to come from the gods?

King tut had a glass necklace charm that is believed to have been formed from a meteor impact.. See here.

Yes for such things would definitely be from the Gods or Heavens. It's like the Black Stone at Mecca. That, too, came from the Heavens long ago according to Islamic tradition and it's likely to be a meteorite or a by-product of a meteorite impact. I have a necklace made from meteorite so I suppose the practice of wearing carved meteorite is still in existence.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Okay, how about the fact that some of the larger blocks that were used in the construction of the Pyramids and other monuments from the Khemet era of Egypt were so heavy that they could not be picked up even using the biggest conventional (non-gantry) heavy lift cranes that we have had at our disposal until very recently? Minor details... Some of the blocks weighed in excess of 800 tonnes. To my knowledge only recently have cranes been built that can handle in excess of 1000 MT and they are 30 million dollar behemoths that sport multiple diesel powerpacks rated in excess of 1000 horsepower each. If we are only figuring out a means of lifting that kind of weight now, than how do you explain the Khemetians' ability to lift 800+ MT limestone blocks if all they had at their disposal was man-power and ropes? Planning does not even come close to what would be required to undertake such an insurmountable task. Also, take into account that the seams and edges of the blocks, in addition to the tight-fitting nature of all of the blocks used to border the numerous passageways and "air ducts" on the inside are of such high precision that they are almost impossible to replicate even using modern air chisels and grinders. There are a few modern stone masons that have attested to this fact and I take their word over your opinion that it is "easy" to carve limestone to that level of precision using only copper chisels and drills.
edit on 23/8/2013 by xXxinfidelxXx because: grammar

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
20 years.....that is what the "historical / scientific" community claims.

It took about 20 years to build the great pyramid of Giza.........

Humm...20 years... well ..lets do the math and see how this sums up.

so there are 2.5 million stones in the great pyramid.

20 years equates to roughly 10.5 million minutes

-20 years x 365 = 7,300 days..

-7,300 days x 24 hours = 175,200 hours
-175,200 hours x 60 minutes = 10,512,000 minutes

so then....

that means they were cutting stones from the quarry, transporting to the site and placing 1 stone every 4.2 minutes ...24/7/365 for 20 years straight non stop.

now there were 3 main quarries they used 2 of which were several kilometers away.

someone explain how they can believe this is true...

doesn't add up unless the "aliens" used space ships to help them move the stones...which weigh on average 2 tons, while the heaviest at the base can be up to 9 tons, that's 18,000 pounds!!!

that's all I got, you decide for yourself who "truly" build this wonderful monument.

Egyptians with ropes and rolling logs, or a "higher" power.....

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Don't you understand we're exhausting resources? Have you been paying attention? We're running out of fossil fuels. We're running out of clean water. We're running out of precious metals. We're warming the atmosphere which is have multitudes of effects on the world we live in.

We exhaust resources not because of our population, but because of our economy. When you live in a culture that likes to make cheap throwaway crap, then this is what you get. We have thrown away all our resources. Perhaps we can set up mines and mine it all back out in the distant future.

RE: warming the atmosphere.....don't listen to Al Gore. He is among the worlds biggest frauds.

If I am to believe the climate predictions then we're in a sixth massive extinction with unknown effects in our future, most of which will probably not be good. If you touch fire you get burnt!

The only thing I can say for sure is that anyone trying to predict the weather is going to be wrong. Their track record thus far is abysmal. So I would say choosing to believe them is a folly.

At any moment a pathogen worse than any in our history could strike and because of our mass transportation system it could spread rapidly and decimate large portions of our population.

Funny....no mass transit in the 1300's. Still lost a lot of folks.

And what about terrorism? What about WMD?

What about them? Do you wanna lvie forever? They are the toys created by the sociopaths we all keep electing.

And you know it requires money to live comfortably. And money ain't free.

Um. No. Money wasn't invented by our creator to grow like tomatoes on a vine. LOL

Geez, there're plenty of problems in the world, but there's also a lot of indifference. Part of hte problem is the issues we face today are so complex and require an education and experience in the field. The standards are high. Some people, in response, bow out and embrace oblivion. And then there're large numbers of people who have no chance, like those in poor countries and in war torn places. It seems to me the problems in this world require a global coordination.

Indifference isn't the problem. Hubris is. Do you think that we, as puny humans, really have made any kind of impact?

Those war torn areas are war torn so that you can have the money that isn't free, and live comfortably.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Here is an example of the meteorite glass they used as well. It is also known as Libian Glass. Found in 1932 and said to be 28,000 years old.

A scarab made for King Tutankhamon

Love this quote:

"This is the stone of King Tout Ankh Amoun. The secret of this beautiful crystal is in its power. The metaphysical power of this crystal affects for physical, mental, emotional and spiritual Energy on many levels. Some of these levels are higher to be understood to normal person, geologist or scientist. You need to be wide open mentally with balanced physical system to attune your system to this crystal frequency. Once you do that, gates will be opened to another dimensions and knowledge of other Galaxies."

Source

Moldavite and Desert Glass both have one thing in common. Both are thought to have been created by a meteor impact. Moldivite is perhaps the best known and most sought after impact site "gemstone - and this term is used loosly as it is acutally glass and not a stone" and was named by A. dufrnoy from Moldauthein in Bohemai where it occurs. It is sometimes cut and polished as an ornamental stone under the name of a pseudo-chrysolite. It is often called Bout-illenstein because of its its bottle-green glass color, and it usually appears as an olive green to dull greenish viterous substance. Moldavite glass is belived to have formed 15 million years ago during the impact of a giant meteorite in present-day Nördlinger Ries. Splatters of rocks that were melted by the impact cooled while they were actually airborne and most fell in central Bohemia - traversed by river Vltava (Moldau in German). As such the glass can be found in the Czech Republic, Austria, Germany and Moldova. It is one kind of tektite.

Perhaps with the looming shortage it could become quite valuable?

The total amount of Moldavite scattered around the world is estimated at 275 tons. There are now only four moldavite mines that are in full operation in the Czech Republic. It is predicted that in less than ten years from now commercial Moldavite mining will come to an end. After this time, there will be virtually no appreciable amount of gem-grade Moldavite left in the ground.

More to the story at the source link:

Source

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Firstly, the OPs linked article is nothing about ancient aliens, just that Mr and Mrs Pharaoh liked wearing meteor ear rings, which tbh doesn't suprise me considering the vast open land they lived in, finding funny looking meteors would probably be quite easy.

Secondly, say it was, why can't the ancient alien thoery exist along with the possibility we built structures like the Pyramid ourselves, theyr not mutually exclusive. And surely they would give better looking gifts than those...Mr T wouldnt be seen dead in that stuff.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I think we both know there was more than just stacking rocks on top of each other. I agree, perhaps today's folk underestimate the ancients... but come on, you don't think there is more than meets the eye? Not just in egypt but all over the world where these ancient civilisations pop up.

I'm not going to say "it was alien intervention" because frankly, i do not know. But just because someone can't comprehend, doesn't mean it could have never happened.

Because although you feel we underestimate the ancients i think you give humans today too much credit. We're so limited and are constantly lied too about our history. We essentially know quite little about our past.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I so loathe the "ancient aliens" BS.

You're right Ancient Aliens is a bit of BS but Ancient Astronaut Theory is on to something. So, pyramids could have been built by the Egyptians, that doesn't explain the rest things that exist in history and that lean to highly advanced technology involved and sometimes descriptions of machines or aircraft.

Let me not start on the evolution of the human mind that no other species seems to develop and the explanation to this is 'it just happened' - such mind as you afterall say that humans are intelligent to build pyramids, does not come just like that and no other species to develop it.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The ancient alien theory doesn't propose that all humans back then were complete idiots incapable of doing basic things. All it says is that certain tasks were probably near impossible to perform without some sort of help from something with technology that surpassed our on at the time.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Well look at the legend from the Thule religion about the Norse god Thor, His hammer (Mjolnir) was made from the branch from the world tree (Ydgrassil) and the head was a piece of Thunder stone (Meteorite),. There are legends about weapons of great power made from Star Metal and not just in pulp fiction but hey appear it many tribal story's, it is probable that because of the high purity of the iron nickel that the weapons were harder and stronger than there none meteorite equivalent's and this alone as well as shamanistic superstition would have made the metal extremely valuable to there society's.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Misterlondon

Really? Not that hard to stack hundreds of blocks that weigh tons in perfect symmetry, with no machinery and not to mention the logistics involved.. yeah right!!! Obviously have no idea!

It's really not. All it takes is planning. What, do you think that the builders of the pyramids lacked any and all ability to plan anything?

It's not like these people had a whole lot to do. With agriculture and domesticating animals for food out of the way, shelters being done. What else is there to do in ancient egypt? You can sit around, or you can go to work doing something.

Pyramid construction was a form of public works and social security. If you ran out of work then you could find a job helping out with the construction of the pyramids. I'd imagine there would be need for medical services in case of accidents, catering for feeding at lunch and dinner-time, entertainment in the evening.

Most agriculture was done before or after the annual flood of the Nile.

Egyptians had the first documented dentists back in 3000BC - Hesi-Re, who was the Pharoahs personal dentist.

They also had medications and used antibiotics like oxytetracycline which was a natural byproduct of the way they fermented beer.mThe problem of preventing the accidental consumption of medications by children by having special clay jars made with scary faces on them.

This track of an Egyptian Horn also sounds like what they would have been woken up by:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-8-2013 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join