It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists confirm: Ancient Egyptians wore jewelry made of materials from outer space

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Your just backtracking now.. only attackiing people for their beliefs with no real argument or valid point that backs up your beliefs.. typical of an armchair know it all sceptic.. we deny ignorance around here my friend..

I'm not attacking anyone. I'm merely pointing out that the idea that the only way that ancient people's could build such giant monuments was through the help of aliens is absolutely absurd.

reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

you do realize they had copper chisels back then...as the only tool...at least only one we found evidence of. Try taking your time to cut a granite stone with a copper chisel...and good luck.

Try again, copper chisels were found in egypt, and most of the pyramid structures were made with limestone, not granite, limestone is soft, and easily cut with copper chisels.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

But you pretty much stated ancient alien theorists believe that ancient people build huts with feces.. some things just don't add up concerning the construction of the pyramids.. that is what people question.. its good to think outside the box.. its what ats is all about.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Thinking outside the box is great. I'm all for thinking outside the box.

Let's start with outside the box, and not outside the planet please.

How about this for outside the box. The wheel. Pretty nifty invention if you ask me. Can do a lot of things, including hauling big things with less effort.

Do you know what else helps moving stuff, domesticated animals.

Do you know what else makes it easier to cut stones? Harder stones.

All stuff ancient people's had. No aliens required.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
sigh

While on the topic of south American builders

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's been gone over in other threads that it's possible that ancient americans used a chemical reaction to melt stone/make it soft and then shaped it to their liking.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Testimony for his "melting" theory was also recorded by Professer Hiram Bingham, during his expeditions in Peru, which culminated in the finding of the lost Incan city of Machu Picchu inn 1911. Bingham recounted stories from local people about a special plant whose juices melted rock, enabling it to be worked into tightly fitted masonry.

In the book "Things", Ivan T Sanderson included data collected by Lt-Col. Percy Fawcett. It concerned a man who had trekked 8km (5miles) through virgin forest along the Pyrene River in Peru, only to discover his metal spurs had corroded away. He mentioned it to his host a local rancher, who asked if had had travelled through a patch of dense plants with red fleshy leaves that grow about 15cm (one foot) high. After that the man said the plants were to blame and were "the stuff the Incas used to shape stones".

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Your just backtracking now.. only attackiing people for their beliefs with no real argument or valid point that backs up your beliefs.. typical of an armchair know it all sceptic.. we deny ignorance around here my friend..

I'm not attacking anyone. I'm merely pointing out that the idea that the only way that ancient people's could build such giant monuments was through the help of aliens is absolutely absurd.

reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

you do realize they had copper chisels back then...as the only tool...at least only one we found evidence of. Try taking your time to cut a granite stone with a copper chisel...and good luck.

Try again, copper chisels were found in egypt, and most of the pyramid structures were made with limestone, not granite, limestone is soft, and easily cut with copper chisels.

Than I guess at puma punku had some superior tools back than...even though the age of puma punku is speculated to be older than the Egypt era.

So what did they use...to cut granite ? Some older, but somehow superior tool to the later copper chisel.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Your claim that blocks weighin hundereds of tons can be lifted by a civilization that hasnt yet invented anything even close to electricity etc.is Impossible. If it were so easy, this discussion between us wouldnt take place!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

Your claim that blocks weighin hundereds of tons can be lifted by a civilization that hasnt yet invented anything even close to electricity etc.is Impossible. If it were so easy, this discussion between us wouldnt take place!

“Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.”
Archimedes

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Good luck finding a super long ass lever, made out of a primitive material, but also strong enough to lift many tonnes without snapping said lever like a twig.....

Also, what was used as the counter weight?
edit on Fri, 23 Aug 2013 06:59:57 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Not only jewelry but ancients made blades from iron meteorites too.

Google "knives made from meteorites". They are quite unique looking although not the best choice for strength and durability.

Ancients had time on their hands. Moving stone and cutting stone took forever. Moving stone doesn't automatically require it to be "lifted'. And stone can be "lapped" or ground down as opposed to cutting it. We think nobody could be so stupid as to grind down stone for years and years to make blocks.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The thing about the Pyramids is that looking at pictures on your screen
it's easy to dismiss them as nothing special.
Actually standing next to them is a different story all together.
There is a reason they are admired and even mystical, much like stonehenge but way bigger scope.

Simple explanation would be that they just threw bodies at it, regardless of loss of life to get it done
but even then, the dimensions, accuracy and it would get more difficult the higher it gets and they are pretty damn high regardless of what pictures look like.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Meteoric iron was the semen of God, so they revered it as a religious item.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
They used meteoric glass for their jewelry. So from that same place there should be a rather large quantity of meteor fragments available too. That blast are was in a desert and huge too so finding it wouldn't be hard.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Anyone who is even faintly familiar with The Egyptian Book of the Dead for instance (as it relates to the construction of the pyramids) knows that they were advanced, knowledgeable individuals. It should not come as a surprise that their architects came up with inventive ways (which most would probably find difficult to understand, even today) to create the pyramids.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Thinking outside the box is great. I'm all for thinking outside the box.

Let's start with outside the box, and not outside the planet please.

How about this for outside the box. The wheel. Pretty nifty invention if you ask me. Can do a lot of things, including hauling big things with less effort.

Do you know what else helps moving stuff, domesticated animals.

Do you know what else makes it easier to cut stones? Harder stones.

All stuff ancient people's had. No aliens required.

But we are apart of everything in the universe..we are not isolated from it, so why not think outside the planet?

People can't fathom Ancient Aliens because of the fear of not being the most superior beings in the universe; and it is way too arrognant and ignorant to assert that Earthlings are at the top of the pyramid (no pun intended_.
edit on 23-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

it wasnt uncommon for meteorite ore to be used to make artifacts in the ancient world.

Swords said to have magical properties or mythical swords were often forged from meteoric ore.

There are legends of demons forging swords and giving them to kings or heroes made from sky metal or other such descriptions.

interesting find in any event. S&F

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Use of material from original (something) ... reformed into jeweler weaponry etc. on EA*RTH it may seem.
Another potential option, Gifts given that may have met similar reformed (mixed) metallic fates.

Interesting OP

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Meteoric iron was the semen of God, so they revered it as a religious item.

Haha, that is definitely an interesting way to put it, but I definitely see what you mean. It makes total sense to me, for them to consider the M.I., to be of religious significance.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sleepdealer

Thanks for reminding me, someone recommended me to read that a while back, and I forgot all about it.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Those are some expensive beads!!!

Meteorite today goes for quite a pretty penny by the gram.....

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Scientists Confirm: Most people before and after the Egyptians also wore jewelry made of materials from outer space.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Surely if Humans ( people who would have roughly the same intelligence as the average person today) had been indulging in stonework from 9100 BCE (Gobeleki Tepe) they would have reached a ridiculous level of proficiency by Egyptian times 2100 BCE.

If we draw comparisons today of a relatively unknown skill set 40 years ago-Computer Programming, and we look at the progression to today we see a constant improvement in technique...if we extrapolate this out to thousands of years anything becomes possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join