It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turns out they were racist...what now? Teen Australian Thrill Killers....

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by Monger
... wasn't the shooter a white kid? And his two black friends? I recall seeing a slideshow featuring their mugshots - two black kids and a white kid, with the white kid having the most severe charges (murder along with discharging a firearm, while the black kids had just the murder charge). Not saying that to diminish the severity of their crimes, it's really terrible what they did. But it's not as if there exists this imagined war on white people as a growing number of people on ATS seem to believe.

edit on 8/22/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

The shooter was black and the guy that came up with the idea was the other black one...the white one was the 'getaway driver' and the only one to show remorse in court.

Nw I'm gonna say something that may really sting, but I think that the white one was more sympathetic because this type of ruthlessness may not be part of his 'everyday culture'....the blacks, we see it all too much where this has become the norm.

Truthfully, for whites, its the exception.

Your comments don't sting, they only make you sound dumb and biased.

A. So a crime is a crime no matter what persons commit them, right?
B. Persons from the same socio-economic groups often commit crimes together
B. Certain persons showing remorse should be showed sympathy in court, right?
C. If the person is non-black the likelihood of showing remorse and/or being not guilty is more likely

Now, I'm picking on you because you cry racism about literally everything so much that it's annoying. You've made threads on racism, commented on racism and have even been on the radio speaking about it. Sometimes you pull elements of racism out of your a** just for attention and the stinger: (ding ding ding) you're black.

Most of the problems in this country stem from poverty, but you can find racism in everything. Truth be told I think you're the racist, and you hate yourself.

I'm out

P.S: I hope you're not a woman because you're bending over so far back apologizing, your heads between your knees and you can't mind your own business.
edit on 23-8-2013 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by Spider879

Originally posted by butcherguy
I am waiting for Obama to state that if he had a son, he would look like Chris Lane.

Obama is just as white as he is black, right?

Tragic as this case is they were arrested and will get the book thrown at them in the Zimmerman case there was no arrest until massive protests that's the difference
Does it matter that one of the killers is white?? it shouldn't but It's inconvenient for FOX and friends and folks who hate context.

If Trayvon Martin had been shot by a black man under the same circumstances, there would have been NO outcry. That is reality.
Again, using facts, you need to admit that the 'white' boy was of mixed race. He also was the driver, not the shooter. The shooter was black and had violent racist posts on twitter.

Really how do you know that?? ..that one of the kid is probably white or mixed mean jack..the point is this is still manufactured rage brought to you by FOX and friends they were caught is now in the legal system being processed, and that's the difference.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

Really how do you know that?? ..that one of the kid is probably white or mixed mean jack..the point is this is still manufactured rage brought to you by FOX and friends they were caught is now in the legal system being processed, and that's the difference.

Follow my posts and you will understand that I believe that the outrage was manufactured for the Trayvon Martin Case. The fact that the was no real racism in that case and they manufactured it is enough, but when you lay it next to this case, it is plain to see that the MSM manufactured it for Trayvon, but ignore it when there IS evidence of racial hatred associated with a killing.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Follow my posts and you will understand that I believe that the outrage was manufactured for the Trayvon Martin Case. The fact that the was no real racism in that case and they manufactured it is enough, but when you lay it next to this case, it is plain to see that the MSM manufactured it for Trayvon, but ignore it when there IS evidence of racial hatred associated with a killing.

Butcherguy the racism thing was secondary in the TM case as in others..most reasonable folks can't wrap their heads around that a fight if that was what it was ended with an unarmed kid dead and the perp walked after a couple hrs on his own say so..at least we expect a court date which was not forth coming. I challenge anyone to find a high profile case where blacks were pissed simply because some random white dude killed some random black dude,racist intent or not, that did not involve suspicion rightly or wrongly that the justice system did it's job.. I had laid out recent examples of frankly horrible crimes some with racist intent that did not spark any outrage simply because the justice system did it's job. ..pls take up that challenge.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I always wonder why recent immigrants from Black Africa thrive in the USA and their children excel in a variety of areas, but the descendants of the Black African slaves for the most part fail to thrive on their own and live on constant public welfare assistance generation after generation. Recent Sub-Saharan African immigrants to the USA do not kill each other the way that these endemically poor descendants of Black slaves do. Neither do they commit acts of violence and murder against white people the way these descendants of the Black slaves do.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melekim
I always wonder why recent immigrants from Black Africa thrive in the USA and their children excel in a variety of areas, but the descendants of the Black African slaves for the most part fail to thrive on their own and live on constant public welfare assistance generation after generation. Recent Sub-Saharan African immigrants to the USA do not kill each other the way that these endemically poor descendants of Black slaves do. Neither do they commit acts of violence and murder against white people the way these descendants of the Black slaves do.

That's why history and sociologically classes were important too bad you dosed off or skipped it to play hooky.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
reply to post by CaptainNemo

See, Captain Nemo....unlike BC, you haven't pulled back that one extra layer and analyzed it. You lack a depth of wisdom that ButterCookie has exhibited over her body of work/posts over time. Really...I mean this without insult...but, on this issue, you are a surface thinker.

Oh really? Why must she apologize for Trayvon Martin, the Australian, and the WWII vet? Why aren't you apologizing for Timothy McVeigh or Sandy Hook?

Maybe I'm a surface thinker or just maybe I just minding my own business.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879

Originally posted by Melekim

That's why history and sociologically classes were important too bad you dosed off or skipped it to play hooky.

That was actually a fantastic question, there's no need to disparage him he's just being inquisitive.

Well that answer that I'm going to propose isn't taught at the high school level, it's only taught at the graduate level or in scholarly essays. Three AA scholars, Theresa Perry, Claude Steele, and Asa Hilliard talk about the identity crisis as the center point of discussion in Young, Gifted, and Black. That's the boring stuff but essentially the reasons black immigrants get better grades and score better on tests are:

-AA's struggles for freedom resulted in the feeling of only wanting the necessities and nothing more. Which is why the narratives of people who kept pushing boundaries like Frederick Douglas and Maya Angelou stick out

- Black immigrants foster a deeper respect for education and familial unit. In general most immigrants do

- AA suffer from the "stereotype threat" or the unconscious assumption of particular stereotypes. In other words they assume the roles people expect from them in a controlled environment.

That's all my memory can draw, but I do encourage you to check out the book. It's not very long but it is powerful.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I based my comment about the white (mixed) driver because

he was the only one to show emotion in the courtroom

he was the only one who cried when they learned of their victim's death

he was the only one to cooperate with authorities

So my observation of him being the one most influenced(and I'm not taking anything from what he did) is a reasonable one.

Court room reporters say that the other two showed NO emotion, were uncooperative, and danced and smiled as they were walked into court.

THESE are the reasons of why I think he was mostly cooerced out of the three.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
reply to post by pavil

That's just silly. So DAs all across America undercharge black people because they don't want to incite black people to riot? If that line of thinking holds true, then surely no black would be charged with any crime lest blacks riot.

Just Take a GOOD look at the Zimmerman Trial.
Did you see what happened With the black community after the Verdict ?
Don't Tell me that wouldnt set off some fireworks if these BOYS/YOUNG MEN were charged
with a Hate Crime.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

That was actually a fantastic question, there's no need to disparage him he's just being inquisitive.

Well that answer that I'm going to propose isn't taught at the high school level, it's only taught at the graduate level or in scholarly essays. Three AA scholars, Theresa Perry, Claude Steele, and Asa Hilliard talk about the identity crisis as the center point of discussion in Young, Gifted, and Black. That's the boring stuff but essentially the reasons black immigrants get better grades and score better on tests are:

-AA's struggles for freedom resulted in the feeling of only wanting the necessities and nothing more. Which is why the narratives of people who kept pushing boundaries like Frederick Douglas and Maya Angelou stick out

- Black immigrants foster a deeper respect for education and familial unit. In general most immigrants do

- AA suffer from the "stereotype threat" or the unconscious assumption of particular stereotypes. In other words they assume the roles people expect from them in a controlled environment.

That's all my memory can draw, but I do encourage you to check out the book. It's not very long but it is powerful.

You are right I sometimes assume people are familiar with what I know..Melekim sorry to put you on blast, and given my own recent family's migration and experience.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

My APPLAUSE.
I'm White.
IMO it's a damned shame that all people are not Color Blind.
Then Just Maybe We could all be Humans.
You Know We as a race might actually accomplish something Grand.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Furthermore, it would be the exception for him based off violent crime statistics alone.

I don't find racism in everything- I'm not liberal (duhhh).

However, I do see a major problem with the blacks yelling racism as the cause of their social misery when the should learn how to take corrective criticism, and stop claiming the 'victim' role.

Yes, I am a woman.

You cannot refute any point that I have made, so you resort to ad hominem attacks...

typical

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

he was the only one who cried when they learned of their victim's death

Oh come on, even children know the result of shooting someone. He should have been crying to go home. No amount of coercion except for a pistol to my side is going to make me do something I don't want to do, and the defense isn't arguing that so send them all to big boy prison for a long ass time.

Silence is a powerful indicator! He stayed complacent now he must pay!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Threads like this are the reason I RARELY come to ATS anymore. It has become ridiculous. I seriously think it's time for ATS to get serious about it because they are losing very intelligent followers who actually what to "Deny Ignorance" but are over shadowed by nothing more than net bullies who through thinly veiled innuendos and disparaging remarks lump people of the same ethnic or cultural background in one lump.

Utterly shameful

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Furthermore, it would be the exception for him based off violent crime statistics alone.

Oh, well good thing the scales of justice are blind.

However, I do see a major problem with the blacks yelling racism as the cause of their social misery when the should learn how to take corrective criticism, and stop claiming the 'victim' role.

Look here, I kindly ask you to stop lumping as all into one freaking category. You aren't talking about me when you say 'the blacks'.
1. I'm not racist
2. I don't commit violent crime
3.I don't think only white people can be racist.

The three most politicized cases of the year with 'implied' racism involve 10> people. There ar e 42 million black people in this country, your generalizations just aren't mathematically possible to apply to everyone! Anyone who agrees with you must live under a rock, only getting news from the media etc. I live in the real world, I go to work with white people, black people, Asians, and Hispanics. We all help each other, that's reality.

I'm not liberal

And please continue to be conservative because the less people fixated on race in this country, is the better.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Vasa Croe

That's not the point. The point is to stop hate, not perpetuate it. All you're doing is recycling the garbage those kids started. This whole thread is a perpetuation of the same filth that motivated those kids to murder that innocent man. Spinning it around and around, hating back and forth and not learning a single lesson. You want to take the failed exam and burn it, when you should be examining the mistakes and taking notes and learning from it.

Don't perpetuate the hate. Stop the buck and turn a new leaf. Don't just stew and brood over the past, chewing on it like rancid meat - learn from it and find a way to make a brighter future. This thread is a poisonous ritual.
edit on 22-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

So your point is That we should just close our Eyes and it will all get better?
I think that's just a wonderful,intellegent,perfect Solution.
That's why this country is in this Damned mess now.
Too many people have closed their eyes to the Facts.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I haven't read all the posts on this thread but I can tell you that at least James Edwards is racist. I grew up in Duncan and still live in the area and only a few months ago he tried to fight my brother-in-law because "we don't like white crackers around here"

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join