It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam, Judaism and Christianity are all basically the same religion at the root.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Just minor differences - all believe in the old testament, all think Jesus was at least a prophet (at least Islam does) and all come from the same area of the world.

The only real difference is that they have different slants - Christianity thinks Jesus was the son of god and not just a prophet, and they have a new testament - the Muslims think he was a great prophet and in the 8th century found a new prophet to follow and the Jews think that the messiah has not come yet and hold onto just the old testament.

Really, that’s it - they all have the same root belief in the old testament.

Joe

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeP2247

Yes, there are many similarities that show they're from the same seed. I can understand there are various differences and customs within each religion.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I tend to believe those three religions stem from an older egyptian religion. They've got names altered and some subjects slightly changed but they're all very similar.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

There is evidence to support your claim -

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yes all three religions start with Abraham, but after that they go in 3 different directions.

Islam-We're the chosen people, wait for last Iman.

Judaism-We're the chosen people, wait for the messiah.

Christian-We are adopted into family of chosen people, Jesus is the messiah and he's coming back again.

Combining all 3 will not lead to peace, but sharia law.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Upton33

Actually, I think it will lead to war - as it has in the past - because all three of these religions, similar as they are - all think they are right and have some kind of monopoly on truth.

I think of protestants v Catholics - Joe
edit on 21-8-2013 by JoeP2247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2013 by JoeP2247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Its all based in astrotheology and goes further back than Egypt.

Then there is the human editing part of history for selfish reasons thrown in.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeP2247
Just minor differences - all believe in the old testament, all think Jesus was at least a prophet (at least Islam does) and all come from the same area of the world.

The only real difference is that they have different slants - Christianity thinks Jesus was the son of god and not just a prophet, and they have a new testament - the Muslims think he was a great prophet and in the 8th century found a new prophet to follow and the Jews think that the messiah has not come yet and hold onto just the old testament.

Joe

This demonstrates a gross misunderstanding of what Islam is, and where it comes from.
You can certainly argue that Christianity and Judaism have the same root. They do. Simple as that.

Islam, on the other hand, contains a form of historical revisionism, whereby it claims that Abraham was in fact a Muslim, that Jesus was a Muslim prophet, and so on and so forth.

More than that, however, you've ignored the fact that Islam isn't just a religion. It is in fact a political and religious system whose principles and laws affect all aspects of life. This is a radical difference, and one of the reasons why so much of the world is in conflict today. Islam's mandate is to bring the whole world into submission to Allah - either by conversion, or by submission, or by the sword. Those are the only options.

You can go beyond this and examine the characteristics of God in each of these religions, and you'll likewise find radical differences. In Islam, Allah is the source of evil. He is the Great Deceiver.

Salvation in Islam comes through submission and subservience. You must work for salvation. This is diametrically opposed to both Judaism and Christianity. Judaism stresses that salvation comes through faith - observance of the law being an outworking of that faith. Christianity likewise stresses that salvation comes through faith in Christ, that "all our righteousness is as filthy rags" and that we must "believe in the Lord Jesus Christ..." to be saved.

To assume that Islam and Christianity or Judaism have anything in common is like focusing on one tree at the expense of the whole forest. Are there similarities? Of course there are - Mohammed knew the Bible and new Judaism quite well. In fact, many have argued that he plagarised freely from these Scriptures. But are they the same religion?

...not even close.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
All religions are essentially the same, thats why I dont understand why people make such a big deal about which is best.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Joe

Everyone that agreed with this statement has never read.

Similarly, according to DNA researchers, human beings relate more closely in someways to guinea pigs, and in some other ways pigs, and in some other ways your famous lab rat -- but we physically appear to seem more like chimpanzees or apes.

It doesn't matter what something looks like. Get into the information and actually learn.

Modern Judaism (which includes the Talmud, which has nothing to do with Abraham, and not the least bit) and Islam (which has nothing to do with Abraham, and not the least bit) both include huge pagan and satanic elements which marry them more closely with the Buddhist religion and the Hindu religion, respectively, if you pay very close attention.

Bouncing around and reading a little here and there is not enough for you to discern, obviously.

For those who need a little help, the Talmud is fake. It has no Holy Spirit in it. If you haven't read the Old Testament, then you probably won't understand how or why.

For those who need a little help, the Quran is fake. It has no Holy Spirit in it. If you haven't read the Old Testament, then you probably won't understand how or why.

Actually read and pay attention. Once you have performed your due diligence, then make a statement. Make some valid comparisons.

It's as easy as comparing the New Testament to the "Gnostic gospels". It's insanely easy to discern what are the counterfeits, if you are honest. The same applies to the other so-called religions of "Abraham" (which they are not, not at all, not even close).

I am not surprised by foolishness or lies. But you must see it from my point of view. It's a little shocking to see people pretend to make such bold statements over something of which they have not one iota of experience.

And they will continue to speak; and I will not be the least bit surprised.

But mainly for the very few that are seeking the truth, and stumble into this thread, sure, go ahead, read, perform your due diligence. I seek to enhance your yearning to understand, not to deter it, so that you will know the truth more abundantly. If you rely simply on the words of the OP instead of performing your due diligence, however, you will set a foundation for a very twisted "Christian" point of view. (For most modern muslims and jews will know better than to believe this silliness; but only self-proclaimed Christians that believe their pastors without seeking proper knowledge might be led astray of these lies; how ironic, and pathetic, and what a sore it is, what a blemish - for in the name of "love" many will be led astray, not realizing that love is for the people, not for the titles, the powers, the names by which they are called, that are all fake).

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

I kept reading, and reading, and reading. Waiting for you to present the information which proves beyond all shadow of doubt that Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are not birds of a feather. How disappointed I was when, reaching the end, I concluded that your whole rant was just unsubstantiated claims, followed by unsupported personal testimony, and completely lacked any scholarly approach at all.

YHVH, God, and Allah are all the same. The prophets of Judaism (like Moses) are acknowledged in Christianity, and the prophets of Christianity (like Jesus) are acknowledged in Islam. The same God is God of all three. The real source of division is among the details. The same reason why there are different sects of Judaism (Orthodox, Chasidic), Christianity (Catholic, Protestant), and Islam (Sunni, Shiite). Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are just different denominations of Abarahamic Monotheism.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 21/8/13 by Wandering Scribe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by TarzanBeta

I kept reading, and reading, and reading. Waiting for you to present the information which proves beyond all shadow of doubt that Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are not birds of a feather. How disappointed I was when, reaching the end, I concluded that your whole rant was just unsubstantiated claims, followed by unsupported personal testimony, and completely lacked any scholarly approach at all.

YHVH, God, and Allah are all the same. The prophets of Judaism (like Moses) are acknowledged in Christianity, and the prophets of Christianity (like Jesus) are acknowledged in Islam. The same God is God of all three. The real source of division is among the details. The same reason why there are different sects of Judaism (Orthodox, Chasidic), Christianity (Catholic, Protestant), and Islam (Sunni, Shiite). Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are just different denominations of Abarahamic Monotheism.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 21/8/13 by Wandering Scribe because: (no reason given)

Do the work yourself. You're smart enough if you are a scribe.

As I pointed out in my statements, you actually have to read to understand.

How unwise you are, though you think you are. If the secrets of the world have not been handed to you yet, then whenever will they be handed to you?

Read and you will know. Understanding, on the other hand, is a matter of submission to the truth. That requires honesty, which you don't yet have.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Modern Judaism (which includes the Talmud, which has nothing to do with Abraham, and not the least bit) and Islam (which has nothing to do with Abraham, and not the least bit) both include huge pagan and satanic elements which marry them more closely with the Buddhist religion and the Hindu religion, respectively, if you pay very close attention.

Bouncing around and reading a little here and there is not enough for you to discern, obviously.

For those who need a little help, the Talmud is fake. It has no Holy Spirit in it. If you haven't read the Old Testament, then you probably won't understand how or why.

For those who need a little help, the Quran is fake. It has no Holy Spirit in it. If you haven't read the Old Testament, then you probably won't understand how or why.

I think the posters her are pretty informed and made informed posts - I suggest you take a comparative religions class at you local community college. because clearly you are not informed.

Joe

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Pe 3:2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

The modern attack on Christianity lines up exactly with what can be expected. Israel is the fig tree, and it began to send forth it's tender shoots in 1948. We now have books proving Jesus never existed, that if he did, then he was trained in Egypt and that Christianity is nothing but astrotheology and they they pull out idiots like Jordan Maxwell using English to prove the bible is linked to Egyptian religion with examples like the name Solomon is Sol Om On which is all about Egyptian sun worship, when in fact his name was Shlomo and makes no sense.

This all ties into theosophy which will be the upcoming all encompassing world religion that ties them all together, and we see this ecumenical we are all one and there is no true path to following the Creator God. I understand what that is appealing because who likes to argue about religion. So, the world will love it, follow it, and pretend we are all one big happy family except for those whack jobs in Christianity, Judaism, and Islam (hold outs) who need to be helped to meet the masters on the other side so they can be reincarnated with a more full understanding and help build the new utopia.

Yes, the writing is on the wall, but few can read it.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

JoeP, much more to it than that. Christ came to show a Path towards Enlightenment/Union with God through activated Grace. To change the dead ways of Judaism, to the Enlightening ways of his Path. Judaism does not produce ENlightened Saints. It's a dead religion that tries to follow 800-some-odd rules of kosher living and not making the creator too mad by continuing to offer animal blood sacrifices(something that still goes on in Israel)

Islam is also mostly dead when it comes to Enlightenment/Ego death/Union, except for Sufism, which actively works on surrendering the Ego and entering into the Heart where Union can be found. However, many Muslim sects hate and don't include Sufism as officially Muslim.

In Christianity, particularly Eastern Orthodoxy Monasticism, (they hold the cleanest title to the purest form and lineage to Christ and the 12 disciples), their Monasteries are basically Enlightenment schools where many Monks eventually reach Enlightenment/Union with God. OF course nor all monks, but many do.

Christinaity still provides and experiential way towards Enlightenment.
Judaism dead
Islam only has a very tiny branch called Sufism, where some may also reach Enlightenment through that path

Pretty big differences if you ask me. You're only touching on Exoteric aspects

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

That is a well thought out post.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Uhhhhhhhhh . . . nope.

Huge difference.

Christ Himself said . . . NO MAN COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME.

JOHN 14:6

New International Version
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

New Living Translation
Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

English Standard Version
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

New American Standard Bible
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Jesus was either a delusional lunatic

OR

[color=6699FF]He was WHO HE SAID HE WAS.

There's no middle ground. There are no other options.

That's what enrages the rebellious determined to do their own thing so much.

Folks keep thinking that they can sow cacti and harvest mangoes.

Doesn't work that way.

Christianity is utterly unique among all the religions.

Almost All other religions preach Salvation through works or some related mumbo jumbo that essentially ends up being works--pulling one's self up by one's bootstraps. . . . perfecting one's self through one's own brilliance, "pure" hearted saintleness or some other similar delusion.

There's NO way to successfully minimize the distinction that CHRIST IS THE ONLY ROUTE to eternal life.

Pretending the foundation is the same is nonsense.

Islam was founded on a demonic satan worshiping moon god cult . . . primarily because the founder's cohorts convinced him that using a religion would be a short-cut to wealth and conquest. His goal was wealth and conquest. . . . regardless of the blood letting involved.

Christ laid down His own Blood even for his enemies.

That's utterly foreign to anything close to Islam.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

No - even the Catholics admit that other religions and atheists can get to heaven their own way.
SO this harsh line really is a load of BS - according to Catholicism.

Joe

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Islam, Judaism and Christianity are all basically the same religion at the root.

Their comic genius just gets more profound as I grow older.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

As Cris Putnam and Tom horn document in

Petros Romanus . . .

The RCC ceased being very Christian, in key respects, a LONG time ago.

If you won't accept Christ's own words about what constitutes Christianity . . . then . . . enjoy your daffynitionary.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join