Islam, Judaism and Christianity are all basically the same religion at the root.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Upton33
Yes all three religions start with Abraham, but after that they go in 3 different directions.

I'm not sure what was the purpose of the OP. Yes, all three religions mentioned there are called Abrahamic - there is no conspiracy to hide the common denominator. And so

There is one more religion that belongs to that set: Bahá'í Faith.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeP2247
reply to post by BO XIAN

No - even the Catholics admit that other religions and atheists can get to heaven their own way.
SO this harsh line really is a load of BS - according to Catholicism.

Joe

LOL, please don't confuse Catholicism with following the bible and Messiah Yeshua. RCC is nothing more than repackaged babylonian mysticism with a christian front. Yes, by all means believe what a Catholic teaches since according to their catechism Jesus came so we could all become God.

I'm quite sure the whole world will be worshiping their messiah pretty soon.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

This is my lowly opinion -

The thing that Christianity, Judaism, and Islam have in common is that they are the main monotheistic religions in the world - one "god" as opposed to "many gods".

The old testament which is "shared" by these three religions is a history book, of sorts - besides the much prophecy enclosed within, esp. the Book of Daniel.

The difference is that in the New Testament - God made a new convenance with humans - he gave his Son, Jesus, in sacrifice for all the sins man had and will commit - so if they accept this grace, man could be granted salvation. Hard for us humans to comprehend this kind of love - living in this horrible human ego driven world of our making.

With Judaism and Islam - all I really have to say, is that satan cannot deny Jesus the Christ, ever.

I also believe that God made every single one of us, and knows, and loves, every single one of us.

Man cannot understand God in our human minds - makes me think of the phrase "let them come to me as little children"

I want to add that the roman catholic church has allowed itself to become the seat of satan himself on this earth.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Islam, Christianity and Judaism are three facets of the same Monotheism. Islam however overlaps with the other two over many aspects. For example, like Christianity, Islam accepts Jesus as the Messiah... and like Judaism, believes in the supremacy of the One God, who is not and cannot be a human.

As we have already seen on this thread, there are Christians who deny Mohammad as a prophet... similar to the Jews who deny Jesus as a prophet / messiah.

But Jews and Christians - if they are intellectually honest - can recognize that Islam, reflects their own beliefs in God, His prophets and the messiah. So when a Christian denies Jesus' as Messiah in Islam, he makes himself an anti-Christ. When a Jew denies the Omnipotent Creator of the universe in Islam, he denies the God of the Torah.

But I have found that Jews to a very large extent have no qualms with Islams concept of God. Christians, however - are a different story.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeP2247
Just minor differences - all believe in the old testament, all think Jesus was at least a prophet (at least Islam does) and all come from the same area of the world.

The only real difference is that they have different slants - Christianity thinks Jesus was the son of god and not just a prophet, and they have a new testament - the Muslims think he was a great prophet and in the 8th century found a new prophet to follow and the Jews think that the messiah has not come yet and hold onto just the old testament.

Really, that’s it - they all have the same root belief in the old testament.

Joe

No there not and by the way great way to insult Jews Muslims and Christians in one foul swoop. Actually they all have different tenants and really arent related at all. The only common thread they share is Abraham but what they do with the stories is all entirely different.
if what you said was actually true then they would all use the same scriptures but they dont. Now you could say protestants and roman Catholics are the same. Since they use the same scriptures but id suspect they would argue differently.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

This demonstrates a gross misunderstanding of what Islam is, and where it comes from.
You can certainly argue that Christianity and Judaism have the same root. They do. Simple as that.

They share the same root... yet are theologically opposed to each other.
Christianity believes God is triune and that Jesus is God, or a part of God.
Judaism is purely monotheistic... while opposing Jesus - the "god" of Christianity - as a false prophet.

So Judaism and Christianity are two completely different religions. As for "same root", Christianity more than anything else, resembles Hinduism or the Roman / Greek religions that believe in man-gods and the like.

Islam's mandate is to bring the whole world into submission to Allah - either by conversion, or by submission, or by the sword. Those are the only options.

If that were so, then India that was ruled by Muslim dynasties for centuries would have turned into a Hindu country by now. Yet, India's Hindu culture and traditions persists to this day.

And also the fact that the Iran has the second largest community of Jews in the middle east rubbishes any notion of Islams "mandate" to convert or kill anybody.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
That premise is ridiculous
Its absurd and to suggest as much is a testament to a persons lack of knowledge and desire to understand the concepts of faith and religions involved.
Judaism is a doctrine of law
Islam is law
Christianity is grace

yes they all originate from the book of the law, but thats it, nothing else.
Nothing remotely similar as religions

Can you explain why you think they are similar, in what wau

Go study the differences before assuming you know something, makes you look a little naive.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Upton33

Islam-We're the chosen people, wait for last Iman.

not really, Islam came to bring jews and christians back to the true understanding.
That Jesus pbuh is a prophet and Messiah.
We wait for Jesus pbuh to return and also believe that Imam Mahadi would be a righteous leader who would join Jesus pbuh when he returns.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by logical7
reply to post by Upton33

Islam-We're the chosen people, wait for last Iman.

not really, Islam came to bring jews and christians back to the true understanding.
That Jesus pbuh is a prophet and Messiah.
We wait for Jesus pbuh to return and also believe that Imam Mahadi would be a righteous leader who would join Jesus pbuh when he returns.

Messiah, son of God, part of the trinity as described in the Gospels and letters
What does messiah mean to Islam

Do you ignore the teachings of Christ as the Son of God, a part of the Trinitarian God and why does Islam ignore Christs teachings

The law is finished for those under grace, prophecy is finished, Christ stands alone.
Your prophets are not needed, Jesus fulfilled the law

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Islam, Judaism and Christianity are all basically the same religion at the root.

Not even close.

Judaism worships the God of Abraham.
Islam claims to worship the God of Abraham ... but they have changed him to suit their own agenda.
Christians worship the Holy Trinity ... God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.

That's a HUGE difference.

Judaism has their holy books.
Christians have the Jewish holy books (Old Testament) and they also have the New Testament.
Islam has their Qu'ran which is really just bits and pieces of the Jewish faith, Christianity, Paganism and Zoroastrianism poorly transcribed and with lots of misogyny added in.

BIG difference.

The only thing they have in common is that each one thinks they 'have it right' and the others have it wrong.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
But Jews and Christians - if they are intellectually honest - can recognize that Islam, reflects their own beliefs in God, His prophets and the messiah.

So when we prove you wrong that means we aren't being 'intellectually honest'??
Talk about a passive-aggressive post!

No dude. Islam absolutely does NOT reflect the Christian belief in God, the prophets or the messiah. Not even close. That's absurd. Jesus is the Mercy of God incarnate according to Christianity. To Muslims, Jesus is just the side kick to the fictional 12th Imam dude who shows up at the end of the world. Your 'prophet' Muhammad was a murderer and a thief .... Jesus was the opposite.

Not even close.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

nonsense . . .

That's such a huge distortion as to be absurd.

IF
Islam
TRULY ACCEPTED
JESUS AS THE MESSIAH,

1. Muslims would BELIEVE and FOLLOW what HE SAID vs the opposite.

2. There would be no talk of a competing 'messiah,' the Mahdi, 12th Imam.

3. They would believe the very solidly vetted historical record vs lying about it

4. That blather is just another example of Muslims following their founding documents and their lying founder in saying whatever is attractive in a given context . . . until they can "FORCE BELIEF" at the point of a sword due to military and political power... Lying in behalf of Islam in the founding documents is considered righteous. I don't think of any other religion that actually teaches THAT. But Islam does--FROM THE FOUNDING DOCUMENTS!

Real "Righteous,". that. /sarc

edit on 22/8/2013 by BO XIAN because: tag fix

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Uhhhhhhhh sorry to disagree, but NO.

The BIBLE does NOT teach that prophecy is finished. That's heresy from man.

The Bible teaches that in these END TIMES, your sons and daughters will prophecy under the influence of Holy Spirit.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Ok so this thread is hilarious. You have all the atheists/agnostics agreeing with the OP (because frankly he's correct) and all the religious people in the thread going "Nuh uh! My religion is clearly nothing like the others and this is why it's superior! Read my particular religious text and you will see."

First off what makes your particular religious text more true than any of the others? They all tell you how to worship one god. The differences comes down to how you go about doing this. Since all three subscribe to the idea that there is one god it's highly likely that they all worship the same one. Of course since they all are referred to as Abrahamic Religions it's even more likely.

This is why organized religion is a wash, different religions worship essentially the same thing yet they bicker, fight, and kill each over how it is done. All three use prayer to commune with this god, so why do the little details like the rest of the religion even matter?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
Ok so this thread is hilarious. You have all the atheists/agnostics agreeing with the OP (because frankly he's correct) and all the religious people in the thread going "Nuh uh! My religion is clearly nothing like the others and this is why it's superior! Read my particular religious text and you will see."

First off what makes your particular religious text more true than any of the others? They all tell you how to worship one god. The differences comes down to how you go about doing this. Since all three subscribe to the idea that there is one god it's highly likely that they all worship the same one. Of course since they all are referred to as Abrahamic Religions it's even more likely.

This is why organized religion is a wash, different religions worship essentially the same thing yet they bicker, fight, and kill each over how it is done. All three use prayer to commune with this god, so why do the little details like the rest of the religion even matter?

Spoken like a true atheist agnostic

believe there is nothing, believe we are all wrong
But
Understand there is a huge difference between law and grace, if nothing else

Abrahamic religion was based on the revelation of the Messiah, Jesus.

Jesus is the root of the Hebrew faith, not the law.

Oops you cant understand that

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JoeP2247

Please dont post things like this.

People cant handle the truth.

I mean, if people realize that we're all basically the same, how will TPTB use the divide and conquer strategy against us?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

I mean, if people realize that we're all basically the same, how will TPTB use the divide and conquer strategy against us?

Look im an agnostic but even i know there is major differences in there beliefs. To say well they all worship a god and all have the same thing just shows a lack of understanding of the topic. If you truly want to know why there difference read them i have. And if you do you will quickly realize the tenants of each religion are vastly different and seek a different purpose.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I can't understand what now? Seems you are just assuming many things about me based on my post. I was raised Roman Catholic. I spent the better part of my childhood going to church every Sunday and then afterwards, going to Sunday school. I switched to Christian Non-Denominational after I graduated from high school and had joined the military because I became disillusioned with the Catholic faith and didn't want to join another denomination yet still believed. Then eventually as I got older I decided it was just better to be agnostic (read: NOT atheist agnostic). In fact I think that the Buddhist faith has more of a chance of being correct (at least the reincarnation part) then any of the three control mechanisms.. er.. I mean religions discussed in the OP.

I am very aware of what Jesus means to Christians, it doesn't change the fact that all three religions still worship the same god and just go about it differently.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

You are correct. People can't "handle" the truth

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

The divide and conquer strategy used by the 'tptb' merely convert you into twice the children of hell by hardening your heart through the love of sin and by their words by which you reason.

"Abrahamic religion" being such words as demonstrated by the OP. He or she believes this merely because he has heard it enough times. In fact, since faith comes through hearing, it's fair to say that his faith has been put in the men and their words. What has he done in the process?

He has called Almighty God a liar.

He has stated that these people are telling the truth and that Jesus Christ is a liar. He has believed and placed all his faith in them and their words. And hypocritically, no doubt calls those who place their faith and trust in Almighty God through Jesus Christ, fools.

It is what it is. Tptb have done their role well. They have blinded him to the reality that he has placed all his faith in them and in what THEY say. He cannot discern that by choosing to believe them, he deems his Creator the liar. it truly is that simple. And as others have pointed out, even a cursory investigation will show him that it is simply not true. They have given him an excuse, and he's happy to carry on with it.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t

I can't understand what now? Seems you are just assuming many things about me based on my post. I was raised Roman Catholic. I spent the better part of my childhood going to church every Sunday and then afterwards, going to Sunday school. I switched to Christian Non-Denominational after I graduated from high school and had joined the military because I became disillusioned with the Catholic faith and didn't want to join another denomination yet still believed. Then eventually as I got older I decided it was just better to be agnostic (read: NOT atheist agnostic). In fact I think that the Buddhist faith has more of a chance of being correct (at least the reincarnation part) then any of the three control mechanisms.. er.. I mean religions discussed in the OP.

I am very aware of what Jesus means to Christians, it doesn't change the fact that all three religions still worship the same god and just go about it differently.

How many times have you heard that excuse "all three religions worship the same god" before you actually believed it? I'd guess that I've seen it, heard it and read it about 300 times so far this year.

God - he who will come to kill all non-Jews and set them up as kings
God - he who will give 70 virgins and kill by the sword all infidels
God - he who is love and the Saviour of the world, saving each in his own order

Please tell me how they are the same Creator God?
Please tell me, apart from repetition, how you can keep believing that claim?

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join