It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam, Judaism and Christianity are all basically the same religion at the root.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

All three religions say that their god is almighty and that he is the only god. They all are derived from Abraham. Therefore they are all the same god. The message in the religions is what is different. The religions care more about HOW the god is worshiped rather than the actual god. If every Christian, Muslim, and Jew would just sit down and realize that they all worshiped the same god and that he loves everyone equally, there would be FAR less violence and hate in the world (of course not all would be gone). Yet here you are (as well as other religious people) in this very thread getting all offended that someone has the AUDACITY to point out that all your religions come from a similar source and essentially worship the same exact thing. This is why I hate organized religions. The mentality that MY religion is correct and all others be damned even if the others worship the same thing. Heck even in your particular religions you can't even agree with what is correct. That is why there are so many denominations of Christianity, several Muslim denominations, and several Jewish ones.

By the way, in order for what Jesus' words to be true, one has to believe the bible, a book written by easily corruptible men. So until it can be proven that the bible is completely factually correct (and this is becoming more and more unlikely) your religion is as true as Judaism or Islam.
edit on 22-8-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by WhoKnows100

All three religions say that their god is almighty and that he is the only god. They all are derived from Abraham. Therefore they are all the same god. The message in the religions is what is different. The religions care more about HOW the god is worshiped rather than the actual god. If every Christian, Muslim, and Jew would just sit down and realize that they all worshiped the same god and that he loves everyone equally, there would be FAR less violence and hate in the world (of course not all would be gone). Yet here you are (as well as other religious people) in this very thread getting all offended that someone has the AUDACITY to point out that all your religions come from a similar source and essentially worship the same exact thing. This is why I hate organized religions. The mentality that MY religion is correct and all others be damned even if the others worship the same thing. Heck even in your particular religions you can't even agree with what is correct. That is why there are so many denominations of Christianity, several Muslim denominations, and several Jewish ones.

By the way, in order for what Jesus' words to be true, one has to believe the bible, a book written by easily corruptible men. So until it can be proven that the bible is completely factually correct (and this is becoming more and more unlikely) your religion is as true as Judaism or Islam.

What your saying is the equivalent of saying a bicycle and a car are the same thing. They both have wheels and you ride them haey look no difference. Ill tell you if you actually took the time even the gods mentioned in all 3 of the books isnt the same they all have different motivation and purpose. You know what i find funny if im going to critisize something i at least familiarize myself with the topic im learning most others do not.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This topic is confusing.

Most Christians already believe and accept that they worship the same God as in Judaism (the jews are just doing it wrong). And most Muslims already accept that they worship the same God as in Christianity and Judaism(they're just doing it wrong).

It is the other way around that is problematic: Jews don't believe that Christians worship the same God as them , and Christians don't believe that the Muslims worship the same God as them. And even then, there are exceptions. Catholics and some Jewish groups I believe acknowledges that Muslims are worshipping God (just doing it wrong).
edit on 22-8-2013 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The minor differences in these religion make them incompatible. Everyone wants their interpretation to be the dominant interpretation. I don't have a problem with others beliefs, we can all get along.

I know, I'm living in a dream world.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

A bicycle and a car are both vehicles. This is the analogy that I am getting at. The way they are operated and perform are how they differ. Would you as a car driver go to kill and wage war against the bicycle drivers?

The reason the god in the religions seems different looking at the different religions is because their religious texts were written by different people who had different outlooks on life then interpreted by different people with even more dissimilar outlooks on life. When you peel away all the nonsense you are still left with the same thing. An almighty god that loves all. But you know go ahead and carry on being condescending towards me and worry about the minor details when I'm clearly talking aggregate.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

A bicycle and a car are both vehicles. This is the analogy that I am getting at. The way they are operated and perform are how they differ. Would you as a car driver go to kill and wage war against the bicycle drivers?

Look your an idealist i get it unfortunately the world doesnt work that way. My personal belief is religions in general just mislead and used to control the masses. However you know there is all ways a but I do understand why the religions are the way they are and when you have such major differences in theology you cant really compare them. Its the old apple and oranges thing. There is 3 things they have in common they all worship a god (can argue if its the same one and they do). They all tell the story of Abraham (again differently i might ADD) and finnally they are all believe god created man (though they differ as to how)
edit on 8/22/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

These are some of the very reasons I went from being Christian Non-Denominational to dropping religion altogether. Religions focus too much on the little things and view the differences between their religions as something reprehensible when they should really be celebrating the fact that they all worship the same loving god and have just developed vastly different ways of doing it. Then the coup-de-grace was when I discovered that all three essentially worshiped the same thing and had just as much chance of being right as a Christian then as a Muslim or Jew.

When it comes down to it all three religions commune with god through prayer (granted the customs and traditions on how they go about praying are different) yet all three have come up with crazy traditions and rites that do more to control them then to actually you know celebrate god. Why does one need a church or mosque at all when one can just talk to god through prayer? If they want to learn about their faith they can read their respective religious text, why do they need some guy to tell them how to interpret it and what to learn about?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
Its all based in astrotheology and goes further back than Egypt.

Then there is the human editing part of history for selfish reasons thrown in.

This post is true. They all worship Saturn. The rest of the posts(most) are from brainwashed individuals. I skimmed ove rsome and Krazysh0t is thinking for himself.

edit on 22-8-2013 by qwerty12345 because: addendum

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JoeP2247

Hello Joe,

Islam is not of God. Look at its fruit.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I have been studying them.

My first exposure was through a college course called "Jew Christian Muslim".

My self study has continued from there.

I dont agree with your opinion.

Despite what the media would have you believe, the similarities are staggering.

From the almost identical (specifically with regards to The Law) passages in the Koran and Torah to the belief in the Virgin Birth and Second Coming.

edit on 22-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

These are some of the very reasons I went from being Christian Non-Denominational to dropping religion altogether. Religions focus too much on the little things and view the differences between their religions as something reprehensible when they should really be celebrating the fact that they all worship the same loving god and have just developed vastly different ways of doing it. Then the coup-de-grace was when I discovered that all three essentially worshiped the same thing and had just as much chance of being right as a Christian then as a Muslim or Jew.

When it comes down to it all three religions commune with god through prayer (granted the customs and traditions on how they go about praying are different) yet all three have come up with crazy traditions and rites that do more to control them then to actually you know celebrate god. Why does one need a church or mosque at all when one can just talk to god through prayer? If they want to learn about their faith they can read their respective religious text, why do they need some guy to tell them how to interpret it and what to learn about?

It was all about control you see it even in the time of Jesus for example who was in charge the rabbis at the temple. Why did Rome adopt Christianity simple to set up a papal state and ensure control. Why did Mohammad start Islam simple arabs were tearing themselves apart with pagan religions he tried to unite them thus a form of control. Little did he know upon his death it would splinter causing all the problems we see in the middle east.

Luckily id say western nations are slowly loosening the grip of Christianity however other nations still use religion for control Israel and Saudi Arabia come to mind.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

You have all the atheists/agnostics agreeing with the OP (because frankly he's correct)

No. He's not correct. If you had bothered to read the information posted you would have seen that Islam, Judaism and Christianity are fundamentally different. They worship different Gods. That's as fundamentally different as it gets.

and all the religious people in the thread going "Nuh uh! My religion is clearly nothing like the others and this is why it's superior! Read my particular religious text and you will see."

Wanna' show us exactly where anyone said anything like that? Good luck with that.

First off what makes your particular religious text more true than any of the others?

I have no idea if the Old Testament text is true. I have no idea if the gospels are 100% true. However, I am 100% sure that the Qu'ran is false. It took the Old Testament and the Christian Gospels and POORY Plagiarized them ... adding some paganism and zoroastrianism as well.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
YHVH, God, and Allah are all the same. The prophets of Judaism (like Moses) are acknowledged in Christianity, and the prophets of Christianity (like Jesus) are acknowledged in Islam.

That's your error .... Christianity doesn't believe Jesus is a prophet ... It believes that He is God Incarnate. That's a huge fundamental difference between Christianity and the other faiths. God incarnate. That's HUGE.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

I have been studying them.

My first exposure was through a college course called "Jew Christian Muslim".

My self study has continued from there.

I dont agree with your opinion.

Despite what the media would have you believe, the similarities are staggering.

From the almost identical (specifically with regards to The Law) passages in the Koran and Torah to the belief in the Virgin Birth and Second Coming.

edit on 22-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

Well by your logic you could say Christians and Buddhists are the same religion. Hey they both had this holy profit who told them how to reach enlightenment. They have similar laws like Do not kill. (never mind the fact any civilized society tends tto develop the same way). And look they both believe you can live again after death. As i said you cant compare things that do not compare to each other . Or as the old saying goes apples and oranges . Yeah they both come from a tree and both are fruit but they arent the same are they?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
No. He's not correct. If you had bothered to read the information posted you would have seen that Islam, Judaism and Christianity are fundamentally different. They worship different Gods. That's as fundamentally different as it gets.
And if you had bothered to read more than my first post in the thread you would see that I have already outlined and elaborated on my point you are quoting here.

Wanna' show us exactly where anyone said anything like that? Good luck with that.
Would you like me to link the first page of the thread because just about every response follows that reasoning? Sure my version was more shortened and slightly sarcastic, but the message is the same.

I have no idea if the Old Testament text is true. I have no idea if the gospels are 100% true. However, I am 100% sure that the Qu'ran is false. It took the Old Testament and the Christian Gospels and POORY Plagiarized them ... adding some paganism and zoroastrianism as well.

I could really care less about the validity of any of the major religious texts. I know they were all written by easily corruptible men, therefore are all most likely flawed. By the way all the texts (and many of the stories in them) can be traced to parts of Zoroastrianism.

en.wikipedia.org...

Most scholars believe[30] that key concepts of Zoroastrian eschatology and demonology influenced the Abrahamic religions

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeP2247

Sir/Madam the #muslimbrotherood has chosen its path. #christianity has also chosen its path. #Global interaction will not be changed. It chose its path based on a #path, but here we are, the #muslimbrotherhood has benn #branded as a #terrorist #group

Welcome to the New Age.

Sincerely

#?
edit on 22-8-2013 by Manipulativebehavior because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2013 by Manipulativebehavior because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Aug 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed a ton of "edit"

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

reply to post by borntowatch

I can't understand what now? Seems you are just assuming many things about me based on my post. I was raised Roman Catholic. I spent the better part of my childhood going to church every Sunday and then afterwards, going to Sunday school. I switched to Christian Non-Denominational after I graduated from high school and had joined the military because I became disillusioned with the Catholic faith and didn't want to join another denomination yet still believed. Then eventually as I got older I decided it was just better to be agnostic (read: NOT atheist agnostic). In fact I think that the Buddhist faith has more of a chance of being correct (at least the reincarnation part) then any of the three control mechanisms.. er.. I mean religions discussed in the OP.

I am very aware of what Jesus means to Christians, it doesn't change the fact that all three religions still worship the same god and just go about it differently.

You havnt got a clue have you

Jesus is God, the Jesus of the bible.

Christians worship God as revealed through Christ, Israel and islam worship the law, the rules, they worship religion. Just like Catholics
edit on 22-8-2013 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
all religions are bascially the same at the root, the earliest known scriptures are the vedas, which make up the basis of hindu religion..

3300 - 1300 BCE : extent and major sites of the indus valley civilization.. this was a bronze age civilization (3300–1300 BCE; mature period 2600–1900 BCE) in the northwestern region of the Indian subcontinent, flourishing around the indus river basin, the civilization extended east into the ghaggar-hakra river valley and the upper reaches ganges-yamuna doab; it extended west to the makran coast of balochistan, north to northeastern afghanistan and south to daimabad in maharashtra..

the civilization was spread over some 1,260,000 km², making it the largest known ancient civilization.. the Indus valley is one of the world's earliest urban civilizations, along with its contemporaries, mesopotamia and ancient egypt.. at its peak, the indus civilization may have had a population of well over five million.. inhabitants of the ancient indus river valley developed new techniques in handicraft (carnelian products, seal carving) and metallurgy (copper, bronze, lead, and tin).. the civilization is noted for its cities built of brick, roadside drainage system, and multistoried houses as well as for containing artifacts of early hinduism..

3228 – 3102 BCE : traditionally accepted time of krishna's life on earth (one of the revered gods, (christ figure) in hinduism)

wikiwikipray

the vedas (sanskrit वेदाः véda, "knowledge") are a large body of texts originating in ancient india.. composed in vedic sanskrit, the texts constitute the oldest layer of sanskrit literature and the oldest scriptures of hinduism.. the vedas are said to be apauruṣeya ("not of human agency"), they are supposed to have been directly revealed, and thus are called śruti ("what is heard"), distinguishing them from other religious texts, which are called smṛti ("what is remembered")..

the vedas are among the oldest sacred texts.. the samhitas date to roughly 1500–1000 BCE, and the "circum-vedic" texts, as well as the redaction of the samhitas, date to c. 1000-500 BCE, resulting in a vedic period, spanning the mid 2nd to mid 1st millennium bce, or the late bronze age and the iron age..

definitions of God are very similar in judaic and vedic philosopy.. according to the monotheistic and panentheistic theologies of hinduism, God (the supreme being) is, in the highest sense, One: beyond form, infinite, and eternal. God is changeless and is the very source of consciousness.. God is beyond time, space, and causation and yet permeates everything and every being.. God is beyond gender.. when God is thought of as this infinite principle, God is called "Brahman", Brahman is the indescribable, omnipresent, original, inexhaustible, omniscient, first, eternal and absolute principle - the Supreme Cosmic Spirit - who is without a beginning, without an end, who is hidden in all and who is the source, cause, material and effect of all creation known, unknown and yet to happen in the entire universe.. Brahman is the Absolute Truth: it is pure existence, consciousness and knowledge.. according to the hindu philosophical school of advaita vedanta, nothing in the universe truly exists except Brahman..

in judaism, many of the exact same ideas are invoked in the daily prayer service: God is One, without form, without beginning or end, beyond time and space, the source of life and consciousness, indescribable, inexhaustible, omniscient, omnipresent, original, first, eternal and absolute principle—the ultimate transcendant reality, who is hidden in all and who is the cause, source, material and effect of all creation known, unknown and yet to happen in the entire universe. the Creator is described as: incomparable, without equal, unbounded by time, One but not in the sense of counting, preceding everything, and knowing of all secrets.

the idea of God's permeation of every aspect of life is summed up in both religious traditions with a similar saying or mantra: in sanskrit, "tat twam asi" means "and that, too" - with the idea of mentally acknowledging every thought and event as being part of God.. the corollary in judaism is a saying attributed to rabbi ish gam zu: (gam zu la tov) - "and that, too, is for the good"..

some threads of vedantic thought posit many "sub-forms" of God, giving them names and powers, with whole cults arising around these various personalities, whereas judaism rigidly avoids this, and doesn't indulge in any of these subdivisions.. another difference is the jewish importance attached to the "names" used to describe the Creator, with levels of sanctity attributed to these names, including a name that cannot be pronounced - that was only pronounced in ancient times by the kohen gadol (high priest) on yom kippur, the day of atonement.. modern jews use a variety of euphemisms for God, one example is HaShem, or "The Name"..
edit on 22-8-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
as for islam..

"shahada" (faith) is the first and most important pillar of islam, in sanskrit ‘shraddhaa’ means faith.. the fact that the word for the first and foremost pillar of islam is derived from the sanskrit word is simple proof that the pre-islamic arabs knew sanskrit and were followers of the vedic religion but were very degraded..

the kurueshi signifies a descendant from the indian kuru dynasty that once ruled many parts of the world, including the middle east regions before the mahabharat war (until about 5000 years ago).. the war was between the kurus and the pandavas and the kurus were defeated which ended their rule.. this is mentioned in the bhagavad-gita..

"islam" is an arabic word for "submission or surrender in ultimate peace".. "muslim" means "a believer in One God (al-Illah or allah)"..

islam originated around 610 a.d.. judaism around 1300 b.c.. both are evolutionary and theological offshoots of the original vedic teachings, and christianity is a further offshoot of judiasm, heralded by the arrival of the messiah, and his judgement that judaism is no longer God's will for man.. jesus chased the jewish money lenders out of the holy temple, and decried the ownership of property to be leased to others.. he disagreed with the judaic economic and spiritual systems of control and was crucified for it..

in present day, we still have these offshoots of religion which do not agree with each other, but in essence are founded in the same original theological teachings of the vedas.. if we are to move forward in our spiritual understanding of ourselves, we have to accept that all religion is intended for the betterment of mankind, and dissolve the barriers that hold back religions from achieving ideological unity.. we have to stop focusing on specific teachings as if they are the be all and end all of holiness, (i.e. homosexuality, abortion, believing in other gods etc.), and admit that whatever "supreme being/energy/order" is out there, it does not wish us harm, nor for us to harm each other..

all religions mention the golden rule, and consider it to be the fundamental moral standard for human interaction.. there is no verse in any bible which decrees that killing an unborn or marrying the same sex leads to moral corruption, but they all state that killing another human to prove a point is an unforgivable sin.. the greatest of all sins in fact.. yet this has been the principle method of religious entanglement since record of time began..

it is sad how much the people literally believe and follow specific teachings, over understanding and following the principles of their chosen/enforced religion as a whole..

there is only one true religion, and one true God, and His interactions with different societies are described through those societies' language of the time.. we must adopt a scientific approach to religion, figure out which parts came from where, and attempt to reconcile them, if we are to ever reach true religious freedom..

science does not oppose religion, nor vice-versa.. science is the natural evolution of religion.. if you will, it is the mathematical messages of God, sent to us as it was back the days of vedic scholars.. the only difference is that instead of using words we use numbers, a solid, objective foundation for testing theories and understanding the word of God.. hebrew is a mathematical language that attempted to do this..

personally, i am not religious.. i am a religiously philosophical scientist.. if there was ever to be a universal religion, it would have to encompass all of God's communications, not just those that benefit or justify the personal belief and opinions of certain populations during certain periods of history..

sometimes, it seems, in the present day, that dogmatic or fundamentalist religion is not subject to evolution.. due to the nature of fundamentalist religious doctrine, it does not allow itself to evolve with the times, this is, as i see it, the most flawed fundamental aspect of religion we must remove before seeing progress.. evolution occurs everywhere, on everything, and yet, strict religious protocol hold it back from achieving what itself desires most; universal harmony..

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
what more can we say?

quiet, still..
you feel there's nothing goin on until..
you realise, the space behind your eyes is filling up with something like peace..
as your thoughts cease, and pleasure grows in your soul..

i ain't a christian, sometimes i feel like dissing them..
but listen i'm just tryin' to tell you what i know..
if you would once relax, chill to the max..
these words on wax will cause sweet bells to ring in your soul..

if i say God is alive, i know you'd wanna know why..
babies die, food don't grow, why..
trains smash, planes crash, situations mash..
and slam bam your fellow man, money's in fashion..

it ain't rational, because DAMN IT!
He didn't just give us the planet and its wealth..
deep inside yourself he left a piece of Himself..
the Lord is in here, his voice is small..

you keep lying and trying, denying the core..
but inside you can't hide, from responsibility..
so decide from today just how it's gonna be..
thou shalt have no other God but Me..

He can set you free, but you have to listen..
and whose this false idol i see you kissin'?
money, success and untold wealth..
good health, and all you have to do is love yourself..

it a fact, you'll attract all the things that you lack..
so just chill, and get off the race track..
and take a pace back, face facts..
it's your decision..

you don't need eyes to see.. you need vision..

continue to see the Lord as being separated..
and you are living a lie that has been perpetrated..
for many centuries, i wanna mention these facts in my rap..
i don't sing..

but i wanna share the peace that it brings..
by name is G.O.D..
the Grand Oral Disseminator..

so talk my words and the bass, taste and then swallow me..
no following the devil, 'cause you'll level if you follow me..
for equality, and i make no apology..
for linkin' my thinkin' with computer technology..

'cause this is like a modern day hymn for the new church..
i search for thruth, got a hole in my tooth..
i'm uncouth, yeeah.. i got a street university where we..
learn to earn even in times of adversity..

and i would find an easy way out of a hard time..
petty crime sometime, but now i'm inclined to find..
a fresh direction.. kiss me neck, check out the funky section..

'cause this is the part where i start to impart..
words of comfort, coming straight from the heart..
i'm not a mystic, my views are realistic, simplistic..
with one special brew and i get pissed quick, get sick..

so i don't do it no more, you wont find peace of mind rolling around the floor..
the point i wanna make is that you can never escape from your fate..
the mistake is to take without givin', from within..

you wanna know how i'm livin'? i'm cool, i'm looking after myself..
and i would never put wealth before my spirit..
i fear it's unhealthy, the devil creeps around you so stealthy..
stealthy, 'til you get bold, rush the gold, and before you're much older, your soul is sold..

where's it getting ya? competition starts sweating ya..
gold-diggers setting you up, soon forgetting your existence..
do you need a for instance? i have to admire your persistence..
of sticking to a game plan, that brings you pain, man..

and at the end of the day nothing is gained

so listen to the voice within..
i'll see you later..
pay heed to..
the Grand Oral Disseminator..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join