It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam, Judaism and Christianity are all basically the same religion at the root.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JoeP2247

A Car comes Flying down the road ,see,

It sideswipes 12 cars on the way.

Then it bounces off 3 people,

before smashing into a fresh fish market and coming to a stop.

Like flies on #, the police are there in no time flat,

Like Wise men on a journey.

The three victims are only

injured with mild concussions. Otherwise there are no fatalities

or apparent injuries.

The Police surround the remains of the wrecked vehicle
only to discover no driver or passengers present. They then proceed
quickly to aid the victims who are now coherent after the rapid trauma.

In succession, The Police record statements from each of the victims
and witnesses. Much to their amazement, each story is completely
different except for general details.

At this point, The Officers step aside to discuss this matter on their own,
and decide to return to the wrecked vehicle for further investigation.
One of the Officers suggests checking the glove box for information.

Inside the glove box is three items.
They are like new Leather bound diary books.
All the pages are empty.
Yet each book has an undecipherable name written on the cover.

While presenting a discussion of this anomaly to the others officers,
the three victims, with adrenaline like advancement beg the officers
to relinquish the books to them. The emotional fervor is such, that the
officers oblige to present the evidence to the victims.

As each witness victim takes hold of their tome, they pronounce a word.
To the officers and all other witnesses, the language is unfamiliar.
To this day, the current pronunciation of the words are misinterpreted.

Yet to this day, in the Year of Our Lord 2013,
Those three tomes and words are the mainstays of the worlds three greatest religious interpretations.

Somewhere in a Massachusetts salvage yard last night, a shipment of scrap was being loaded
for China. Upon closing, the watchman noticed a reflection in the pile.
Sure enough, it was a license plate. Duty Requires that all plates must be removed.
With a pair of Channel locks in one hand , and Vise Grips in the other, he wandered over and
wrenched the placard free.

It quickly see- sawed back and forth as it floated to the ground.
In dull curiosity he turned the plate over in his hands,
He chuckled to himself as he read the three lettered word...
God

edit on 23-8-2013 by Wildmanimal because: composition/grammar

edit on 23-8-2013 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That's your error .... Christianity doesn't believe Jesus is a prophet ... It believes that He is God Incarnate. That's a huge fundamental difference between Christianity and the other faiths. God incarnate. That's HUGE.

"Believes" is the keyword here. Christians can believe all they want that Jesus is the messiah, but, at the end of the day that's all it is: a belief. And a belief is not to know, belief is just some faith.

Historically, Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad are the three Prophets of the denominations of Abraham's monotheism. What each called themselves is irrelevant when discussing the historic and archaeological origins of each.

Siddhartha Gautama believed himself to be the Buddha, but, that doesn't change the fact that Buddhism is born out of Hinduism.

Jesus believed himself to be God incarnate, but that doesn't change the fact that Christianity was born out of Judaism, or that Islam was born out of both collectively.

If Islam is not born out of Judaism and Christianity, whence cometh the angel Gabriel to Muhammad?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Jesus believed himself to be God incarnate

Where exactly in the New Testament did Jesus ever say he believed he was God incarnate?
Could you cite the exact chapter?

edit on 23-8-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

John 8:58
John 10:33.

There are others. The problem is that Jesus doesn't say "I am God" in such direct terms. He implies it with his language. You can read all about it right here.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

There are others. The problem is that Jesus doesn't say "I am God" in such direct terms. He implies it with his language. You can read all about it right here.

Jesus didn't say he was God in direct terms, because he NEVER claimed to be God. In fact, he repeatedly stated that only God is to be worshiped.

The only people who misquote the Bible to make it look like Jesus claimed to be God... are Christians who believe he was God.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

The only people who misquote the Bible to make it look like Jesus claimed to be God... are Christians who believe he was God.

So, let me guess... those Christians aren't real Christians? Even though they're using and reading the exact same Bible, with the same stories, quotes, and myths. I love when this happens! Reminds me so much of the argument between pot and kettle. If you'll remember the original post you replied to though, I had this to say concerning the whole issue:

"Believes" is the keyword here. Christians can believe all they want that Jesus is the messiah, but, at the end of the day that's all it is: a belief. And a belief is not to know, belief is just some faith.

Jesus was neither man, nor God; he was a borrowed allegory, meant to move the Romans, and the rest of the pagan world, into line with Christian monotheism. Whether he was the Son of Man, or the same as the Father is, ultimately, irrelevant, because he claimed to be both. None-the-less, Jesus never Existed, so you're preaching to a choir on whether or not he was or wasn't God.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Joh 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Joh 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
Joh 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

I think it is pretty clear. Yeshua is the word made flesh and all creation came into being via the word of God. One can accept this or reject it, but Yeshua was very clear on who he was, and his disciples testified to all they saw and all he did to prove who he was and is. We each come to our own faith and therefore we will each answer to our decisions and not what others did or did not do.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Judaism= 1+1=0
Christianity= 1+1=3
Islam = 1-1=1

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rex282
Judaism= 1+1=0
Christianity= 1+1=3
Islam = 1-1=1

Thanks for proving nothing.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeP2247
Just minor differences - all believe in the old testament, all think Jesus was at least a prophet (at least Islam does) and all come from the same area of the world.

Really, that’s it - they all have the same root belief in the old testament.

Joe

Islam's handing of Jesus, in its various forms, just shows how far from the root the really are. To think there is a similar root is just logical fallacy.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

That's your error .... Christianity doesn't believe Jesus is a prophet ... It believes that He is God Incarnate. That's a huge fundamental difference between Christianity and the other faiths. God incarnate. That's HUGE.

Historically, Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad are the three Prophets of the denominations of Abraham's monotheism. What each called themselves is irrelevant when discussing the historic and archaeological origins of each.
~ Wandering Scribe

This is so wrong and so academically weak that it cannot even be called a difference of opinion. You should refrain from such wide berth sweeping displays of ignorance. You are looking at this miles away from detail.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Jesus didn't say he was God in direct terms, because he NEVER claimed to be God. In fact, he repeatedly stated that only God is to be worshiped.

Thats not true Jesus indeed claims to be god and the funny part is it wasnt a subtle hint either.

John 14:7-10 If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." [8] Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us." [9] Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, `Show us the Father'? [10] Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work
John 17:11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name--the name you gave me--so that they may be one as we are one.

And if you were Jewish and understand the Torah you would get this reference where Jesus said to the priests he is the son of man ill try to explain. When the priests asked Jesus if he was the son of god of course he knew his answer He was going to say yes lets look at what he actually said;

Mark 60-64:
60 Then the high priest stood up before them and asked Jesus, “Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?” 61 But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer.
Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”
62 “I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”
63 The high priest tore his clothes. “Why do we need any more witnesses?” he asked. 64 “You have heard the blasphemy. What do you think?”

So the priest accuse him of blasphemy claiming to be the son of god you know the priest is going got you! but here is where Jesus takes it a lot further lets examine what he said. Jesus was playing with the priest when jesus said i am this was a reference to the Torah more specifically Moses.

Exodus 3:14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

see the trick gods name he told moses to use I AM this pissed the priest off but he doesnt stop there just in case he missed it he tells the priest and you will see the son of man sitting on the right side of the mighty one. Well this is also a reference to the Torah and remember Jesus taught the gospel he knew what he was doing. What jesus was actually saying is there is going to be a trial And you won’t be judging me. You know that guy in Daniel’s vision? That’s me.”

What he referenced was prophet Daniel wrote (7:13-14):
In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Now notice Daniel said the son of man coming with the clouds of heaven will have sovereign power over man and we will worship him forever in other words he is god.

I know this is long but we are almost there so when jesus told the priest he was the son of man the priest starts ripping his clothes frothing at the mouth because Jesus just told him he was god not just the son of god! And informed him hell see him again! I tried to explain this as best i can if you have questions let me know

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Please, do show me where Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad aren't the Prophets of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. I would love to see what evidence you have supporting that. Did Krishna start Christianity? Maybe L. Ron Hubbard is actually the original writer and compiler of the Tanakh. Did the Buddha pen the Qur'an? I'm just dying to know who is responsible for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, if not Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad!

Afterward, show me how the Christians don't utilize the Tanakh (the Hebrew Bible) as their Old Testament, and simply attach the New Testament, the new covenant through Christ, onto it to arrive at the modern Holy Bible. Because I would love to know where Genesis, Exodis, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, and all the rest come from if not from Jewish scribes (who stole it from Sumerian cuneiform).

And, as usual, if Muhammad has absolutely nothing to do with Judaism and Christianity, whence cometh the angel Gabriel? I would love to see your explanation for how the archangel Gabriel, meaning "God is my strength" to the Hebrews, and one of only two good angels to be named in the Holy Bible, is not a part of Judaism and Christianity, and didn't dictate the Qur'an to Muhammad.

I mean, what could be more "academically weak" than the actual origins of these religions?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Logarock

Please, do show me where Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad aren't the Prophets of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. I would love to see what evidence you have supporting that. Did Krishna start Christianity? Maybe L. Ron Hubbard is actually the original writer and compiler of the Tanakh. Did the Buddha pen the Qur'an? I'm just dying to know who is responsible for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, if not Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad!

Afterward, show me how the Christians don't utilize the Tanakh (the Hebrew Bible) as their Old Testament, and simply attach the New Testament, the new covenant through Christ, onto it to arrive at the modern Holy Bible. Because I would love to know where Genesis, Exodis, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, and all the rest come from if not from Jewish scribes (who stole it from Sumerian cuneiform).

And, as usual, if Muhammad has absolutely nothing to do with Judaism and Christianity, whence cometh the angel Gabriel? I would love to see your explanation for how the archangel Gabriel, meaning "God is my strength" to the Hebrews, and one of only two good angels to be named in the Holy Bible, is not a part of Judaism and Christianity, and didn't dictate the Qur'an to Muhammad.

I mean, what could be more "academically weak" than the actual origins of these religions?

~ Wandering Scribe

Jesus is not a profit in Judaism you do realize the Torah was written before he was born but ill tell you what please find anywhere in the Torah that mentions Jesus by name. Now Christians believe he was mentioned in like Daniels prophecy but Jews dont believe that Jesus is the messiah. If they did they would be Christians and we would only be talking about 2 religions instead of 3.
And Christians dont consider him a prophet either he was the savior but they would never refer to him as a prophet. Oh and the old testament is merely history to Christians when Jesus came this threw out the old testament (invalidated it) and the new testament was created. Which means Christians have a new covenant with there god. Where Judaism relies on the old testament you know an eye for an eye etc. Islam used the old testament precisely because the new testament would not have allowed Mohammad to attack and he was a war lord after all. And it wouldn't allow a lot of things he told them god said was ok because it directly contradicted Jesus. For example Jesus was a passive resistance sort of guy like Ghandi you know turn the other cheek for example. The old testament allowed people to fight in the name of god that is very helpful to someone like Mohammad.

Oh wanted to add one more thing the Torah is written by god in his language according to the Jews it was given to Moses by god himself. Interestingly the Torah was just considered history until Moses then it became a command.Which means the Torah existed before Moses receives his copy from god. Another neatthing is people dont realize Moses actually received 5 books from god.

Bere# (בְּרֵאשִׁית, literally "In the beginning")
Shemot (שִׁמוֹת, literally "Names")
Vayikra (ויקרא, literally "And He called")
Bamidbar (במדבר, literally "In the desert")
Devarim (דברים, literally "Things" or "Words")
edit on 8/24/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I'm aware of the history behind the Tanakh, New Testament, and Qur'an. The whole thing is like a great big game of historical telephone:

The Sumerians told the stories first.
The Akkadians heard it from the Sumerians.
The Babylonians heard it from the Akkadians.
The Jews heard it from the Babylonians.
The Christians heard it from the Jews.
The Muslims heard it from the Christians.

Additionally, the Five Books of Moses (called the Pentateuch by Christians), only refers to the Torah. The Torah itself is only one-third of the full Hebrew Bible. The Torah, the Nevi'im, and the Ketuvim collectively form the full Hebrew Bible, called the Tanakh by the laity.

While I am not a Jew, a Christian, or a Muslim, I am familiar with the ancient Near East, because the religious cultures which do interest me settled there a few thousand years before the Jews began their nomadic wanderings, and the Roman Catholic Church decided a bloodbath was necessary to purge the pagans.

My post, however, was in reply to another user. One who claimed that Islam, Christianity, and Judaism do not share roots. I was mocking said user, because it is historically, and textually, obvious that Islam, Christianity, and Judaism all share in the same faith.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

reply to post by dragonridr

I'm aware of the history behind the Tanakh, New Testament, and Qur'an. The whole thing is like a great big game of historical telephone:

The Sumerians told the stories first.
The Akkadians heard it from the Sumerians.
The Babylonians heard it from the Akkadians.
The Jews heard it from the Babylonians.
The Christians heard it from the Jews.
The Muslims heard it from the Christians.

Additionally, the Five Books of Moses (called the Pentateuch by Christians), only refers to the Torah. The Torah itself is only one-third of the full Hebrew Bible. The Torah, the Nevi'im, and the Ketuvim collectively form the full Hebrew Bible, called the Tanakh by the laity.

While I am not a Jew, a Christian, or a Muslim, I am familiar with the ancient Near East, because the religious cultures which do interest me settled there a few thousand years before the Jews began their nomadic wanderings, and the Roman Catholic Church decided a bloodbath was necessary to purge the pagans.

My post, however, was in reply to another user. One who claimed that Islam, Christianity, and Judaism do not share roots. I was mocking said user, because it is historically, and textually, obvious that Islam, Christianity, and Judaism all share in the same faith.

~ Wandering Scribe

Sharing faith no they do not faith is a belief what they share is history and origin. But lets look at something you make this chain claiming the religion was passed down. However id argue the history was passed down its called oral tradition being that all of mankind no matter religion evolved from the same people does it really surprise you that theyall share the same history. Its what they do with it thats different. Dont get me wrong im not defending religion or even entirely disagree with you however its only logical stories our passed down from generation to generation. In fact at first the bible wasnt written it was an oral story told and retold for centuries. Even the Torah and the Bible differ on telling of the same story.
edit on 8/24/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Jesus believed himself to be God incarnate

Where exactly in the New Testament did Jesus ever say he believed he was God incarnate?
Could you cite the exact chapter?

:shk: Oh don't you start that up again. :shk:
Listen Scorpion .. you've been told time and time and time again exactly where in the bible
the quotes are that show Jesus is God Incarnate ... at least to Jesus and those around Him.
Yet you still deny the facts presented.

That's a topic for a different thread.

ON TOPIC - The FACT is that Christianity and Judaism and Islam are NOT the same religion at the root. They worship different Gods. Islam denies the writings of Judaism and Christianity ... and claims their own twisted versions of them. Those are as fundamental differences as is possible. They aren't even close to being the same in any manor or form.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Well said Flyersfan, and I was clued into this video a lil while ago that shows how the RCC actually started Islam, and he makes some amazing points:

It's a long video, I will post part one and the whole talk, you can choose if you want to know this stuff:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Astute post.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Again - outstanding post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join