It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore to Shoot Sequel to "Fahrenheit 9/11" (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Academy Award winner Michael Moore has announced plans for a follow up to his record-setting "Fahrenheit 9/11." Moore has told Daily Variety that he and Miramax hope to have the sequel ready in two to three years.

www.cnn.com
"Fifty-one percent of the American people lacked information (in this election) and we want to educate and enlighten them," Moore was quoted in Thursday's edition of Variety. "They weren't told the truth. We're communicators and it's up to us to start doing it now."

"Fahrenheit 9/11," which won top honors at May's Cannes Film Festival, became the first documentary to top $100 million at the domestic box office. Moore, who won the documentary Academy Award for "Bowling for Columbine," is pushing "Fahrenheit 9/11" in the best-picture category for the upcoming Oscars.

The issues for the follow-up film will remain the same, Iraq and terrorism, Moore said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Moore has endured a firestorm of criticism over his political views and how they are presented through his films. The original "Fahrenheit 9/11" has been called "a sinister exercise in moral frivolity, crudely disguised as an exercise in seriousness.... a spectacle of abject political cowardice masking itself as a demonstration of 'dissenting' bravery."

"Fahrenheit 9/11 1/2," as the new film will be called, will undoubtedly generate just as much controversy.

Related News Links:

slate.msn.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread61833/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread93336/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread83837/pg1

[edit on 11/11/2004 by sandge]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Moore still feels the need to insult those who aren't buying his obvious
propaganda. He'll never give up, until his bust is on Mount Rush-MOORE..

Quite an ego..

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
For all the whining people make about his latest movie, all of it is true. Despite what people have to say about him or his films, he presented the facts in 9/11, and calling it emotional or flawed doesn't change that...

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I have enjoyed his films & think he's a very brave man. But I would really hope he doesn't time another muckraking (even if it's really real muck) political film for the 2008 election. He preached to the choir in "911" & helped scare away/keep away potential voters from the South/Heartland that he obviously has a bias against anyway. The Democrats of the future really don't need this sort of "help."

And if this was really a fascist regime under Bush, Moore would have died mysteriously "choking on a chicken sandwich" well before "911" was released. Which is more than I can say about the situation in other countries...or Pre-War Iraq. Why doesn't he ever write on his website about how fortunate he is to live in a country where he can make a devestating highly-critical documentary about the sitting leader & not get arrested or assassinated?

As I said, I actually like Moore's work--I just think he needs to be a little less hypocritical than he has been lately. Like campaigning for Nader in 2000 and talking about the importance of voting third-party--and then doing that disgusting bit on Bill Maher in 2004 where he went on his knees and begged Nader not to run again. Why doesn't he do a documentary about himself--in patently muckraking Moore style--showing footage from both events side-by-side? Then he could try to interview himself & at the same time run away from the camera and threaten a lawsuit.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I'm sure I posted in this thread once.
Wonder what happened..
Ah, I can see it while replying..

But not in normal thread viewing mode...Strange

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I'm sure I posted in this thread once.
Wonder what happened..
Ah, I can see it while replying..

But not in normal thread viewing mode...Strange

I see what you mean...weird...

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
i cant wait for this one to come out yahoooo

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I have never liked Moore. However, after this election, I am throwing my support behind him. I hope he can open 51% of the voters eyes to how facist Bush really is. I wonder if he will cover the fact that conservitaves want Birth Control banned for EVERYONE because it doesnt conform to thier bible.

I hope Moore does a fantastic job in slamming the current administration

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I hope this new film helps the 2008 Republican nominee as much as the original helped Bush.

Thanks Mike, keep up the good work!

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
I have never liked Moore. However, after this election, I am throwing my support behind him. I hope he can open 51% of the voters eyes to how facist Bush really is. I wonder if he will cover the fact that conservitaves want Birth Control banned for EVERYONE because it doesnt conform to thier bible.

I hope Moore does a fantastic job in slamming the current administration

Don't kid yourself. What can a two hour movie undo from a lifetime of Sunday morning programming? Or for that matter, 2 hours of Jim Caviezel being beaten? Even facts don't matter to true believers.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
"Conservatives" want birth control banned for everyone....that 'conservatives' want to ban same sex marriages.....any others?

Here's a thought and a question or two:
How many Democrats want the samething?
Example would be that nearly 45+% of the Democrat vote that went for Mr. Kerry ALSO voted to ban gay marriages, etc.....

Yeah...its strictly a Republican and conservative 'thang'....

As for Michael Moore....he is simply trying to get his credibility back in place with those supposed 51%...........!

Not likely to happen.

seekerof

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Don't kid yourself. What can a two hour movie undo from a lifetime of Sunday morning programming? Or for that matter, 2 hours of Jim Caviezel being beaten? Even facts don't matter to true believers.

Well, one can hope
Bush took all my dreams away, so I cant dream about it, all I can do is hope

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Here is my original post:

Moore still feels the need to insult those who aren't buying his obvious
propaganda. He'll never give up, until his bust is on Mount Rush-MOORE..

Quite an ego..

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Michael Moore didn't make a dime off of me with his first movie and I know he won't make a dime off of me on his second.

I hope that people know that he's laughing all the way to the bank!

"Fahrenheit 9-11" was made for the sole purpose of getting President Bush out of the White House and Michael Moore profitted big-time from it.

The sequel will be for the sole purpose of gaining profits.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
"Fahrenheit 9-11" was made for the sole purpose of getting President Bush out of the White House and Michael Moore profitted big-time from it.

Which is ironic, since Bush gives him bigger tax breaks.
Kind of working aginst his own interests.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Which is ironic, since Bush gives him bigger tax breaks.
Kind of working aginst his own interests.

Now isn't this the truth!

Seems to me that Michael Moore only believes in capitalism only when HE benefits from it!

top topics

join