It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An image of Comet Ison or is it really a comet?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoParadigm
reply to post by abeverage

Do you know anything about Astronomy or are you just pulling things out of your "hat"? The comet might be tumbling or tugged by a planet or other celestial object, but a comet much like any other object entering the solar system follows an elliptical orbit around the sun and would only vary slightly from its path.

I offered a potential explanation. I never claimed I was an expert, I specifically claimed that I wasn't.

There is no real need for anger, but be my guest.

Sorry for trying to find a logical explanation and not jumping on the spaceship bandwagon.

It will be here in November. We'll see.

I am not angry. And it is good to offer logical explanations if they are correct so we don't confuse the issue. So no worries ok? There is most likely a logical explanation it maybe that the object is angled and those are the best reflective surfaces in an L shape.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

If you read my post above... but to add to it a comet does sort of have a V shape to it, the actual ball of ice as the head or point and then the vapor/gas trail V's out from it.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
If you keep darkening the image you will see the stars that are closer or brighter begin to also become lines of light. The image darkens with an algorithm which makes it reduce all light values uniformly that's how we end up with straight lines of light... if you notice in the original image the outer edge (that when darkened become the boomerang) is brightest so it remains even when the rest of it is blacked out. It's like a positive balance of light after the darkening algorithm is done subtracting.

Good point. But how do we explain the L boomerang shape? It is possible the comet is shaped like an L and those are the most reflective sides of it? We wont know this until is closer. It is the angled shape that confuses me.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I know you're joking about a spacecraft having headlights but I look as it as being a powersource or ....I don't know it's just weird!

I gotcha gotya. I really do have to lean towards the craft-ish thoughts myself. I'm just trying not to let my imagination go too far out there...YET! hahaha. Booooy but I wanna!!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

Im with you, there.. .im not saying its a craft either..but it sure would be neato..Im not even sure what I believe in, anymore...but, heck, it sure would make my whole year.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

If you keep darkening the image you will see the stars that are closer or brighter begin to also become lines of light. The image darkens with an algorithm which makes it reduce all light values uniformly that's how we end up with straight lines of light... if you notice in the original image the outer edge (that when darkened become the boomerang) is brightest so it remains even when the rest of it is blacked out. It's like a positive balance of light after the darkening algorithm is done subtracting.

Good point. But how do we explain the L boomerang shape? It is possible the comet is shaped like an L and those are the most reflective sides of it? We wont know this until is closer. It is the angled shape that confuses me.

Yes..i see what everyone is saying..but what about the other pictures..it has changed shapes..i dont know..im at a loss, as well.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

The shape is being caused by the darkening not because it is that actual shape. Light isn't cast on the core nor the gas trail evenly, there will be parts that are darker and parts that are brighter.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

The other images show a different shape because light is being cast on it differently in each image.

ETA, so it's nothing to do with shutter speeds or the photography it's just simply the darkening process. I wish it were actually a craft, but it isn't... it's a comet, which is still cool

edit on 18-8-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The one thing that deflates my balloon is that this is an image that TPTB has already vetted. They'll never let something truly cool out. We'll only ever see that one coming once it's here already. I wish ATS had a space telescope that we could all manipulate with a mouse.
Hahaha.
"My turn!!! myturnmyturnmyturnmyturnmyturnmyturnmyturn. C'mon Phage! stop hogging the scope!!"

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

The shape is being caused by the darkening not because it is that actual shape. Light isn't cast on the core nor the gas trail evenly, there will be parts that are darker and parts that are brighter.

So the angle is being caused by what exactly? I realize that parts of the Comet are going to be lit differently. But if you are saying the shape is an artifact from the change in exposer from light to dark please explain how it makes the shape. Go through changing the tone and you see a distinctive boomerang shape.

But there have been stranger things lately...

edit on 18-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

There are a number of options available to rent a scope online!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

How does that explain when you lighten it as well..it still has the boomerang shape

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

So the angle is being caused by what exactly? I realize that parts of the Comet are going to be lit differently. But if you are saying the shape is an artifact from the change in exposer from light to dark please explain the shape. Go through changing the tone and you see a distinctive boomerang shape.

The angle isn't actually there, it is created by the darkening process... it's not an artifact from the camera exposure either... if you go to the link the OP provided and zoom out til it's a manageable image on the top left of the page you will see buttons that let you manipulate the image, one of those buttons is to darken... hit that a few times (takes a while to render) you will see exactly what I mean.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

So the angle is being caused by what exactly? I realize that parts of the Comet are going to be lit differently. But if you are saying the shape is an artifact from the change in exposer from light to dark please explain how it makes the shape. Go through changing the tone and you see a distinctive boomerang shape.

But there have been stranger things lately...

edit on 18-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

What in the world? That is strangely beautiful, whatever it is!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

So the angle is being caused by what exactly? I realize that parts of the Comet are going to be lit differently. But if you are saying the shape is an artifact from the change in exposer from light to dark please explain the shape. Go through changing the tone and you see a distinctive boomerang shape.

The angle isn't actually there, it is created by the darkening process... it's not an artifact from the camera exposure either... if you go to the link the OP provided and zoom out til it's a manageable image on the top left of the page you will see buttons that let you manipulate the image, one of those buttons is to darken... hit that a few times (takes a while to render) you will see exactly what I mean.

That doesnt make sense to me..it would mean that everything in the picture would look that way, and it doesnt..it also happens when you invert it..

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
That actually startled me,,,once I actually found the "object"!!! And if you noticed, it didn't really show until you zoomed way in. Nope,,nope,,nope,,,not a comet--------------A SHIP!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The darkening is to filter out the lights. If this was the case why aren't there any lines in the stationary star images? and in other images of ISON? You see multiple symmetrical lines in the last image with a dot in between.

If you look at the inverted image you can see 3 separate light source on the comet. If it was a shutter speed blur, you'd see a trail but it doesn't explain the angles. Unless the Comet changed trajectory, which doesnt make it a comet if it was so.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousme333
That actually startled me,,,once I actually found the "object"!!! And if you noticed, it didn't really show until you zoomed way in. Nope,,nope,,nope,,,not a comet--------------A SHIP!!!!

Now do you see why i wanted everyone to find it for themselves!!! It startled me too!..I didnt want to take away that pleasure...lol

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

We go from this

To this

Those are not artifacts it is either from outgassing or it is tumbling and very lumpy.

This is going to be a very odd shaped comet I am sure. I seriously cannot wait to photograph it!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

ISON COVER UP/May not be a Comet. Part 1.

Nibiru? A craft! That is what the original translation said.

V the tv show?

Anyway. Its very interesting.
edit on 19-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join