It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An image of Comet Ison or is it really a comet?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoParadigm
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

The point is that if you take a picture of a moving "dot" with an open shutter it will show up as a line.

I think the lines you are seeing in the pic is the comet at different points in time and at different postions, in one image.

That is the only logical explanation I can come up with.

Doesn't mean it can't be something else though.
edit on 18-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

I do see what you are saying, but this is a telescope picture..i am not sure, but isnt it different than a regular camera?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think the angle of the "wings" are so far different that it doesn't make sense. Wouldn't the camera angle have to change quite a bit in a short period of time? I mean one is going in the direction of NE/SW and the other is north north west (almost north) and south south east (almost south). That just doesn't make sense to me but I am not a photographer and would welcome a deeper explanation.

*Directions are from the view point we see on the screen, in case there was any confusion.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

If people are going to get excited about pictures off the Hubble website, then they might as well also take the time to the read the blog post that describes the images.

These exposures were made while the telescope tracked the stars. Because of the motion of the comet and the motion of HST in its orbit around the Earth, the comet trailed slightly relative to the stars during and between these exposures. This is not the way comets are usually observed. Normally we would track on the comet to keep it stationary in the camera during the exposure. However, in this case we wanted to produce an image of the comet against a background clearly showing stars and galaxies.

And besides, this is just another example of NASA conspiracy paranoia, as if, once again, people delude themselves into thinking that somehow NASA gets to be the gatekeeper of all astronomical knowledge.
They're not.
Quite a lot of people have images comet ISON at this point, and yes, even from telescopes in their own back yard.

That doesnt explain why the comet shows up AFTER you darken or lighten the picture as perfect lines..

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

reply to post by slowisfast

I'm merely stating that it is an interesting anomaly. As of right now your ideas are as good as anyone's.

Well I was wrong about that anyway, it didn't change course, the camera viewpoint changed.

ok.. but didnt this comet just come around from behind the sun? so it's changing trajectory based on the sun's gravitational pull not so?

winged disc. interesting thought. i was just a while ago wondering why the sudden backtracking on the predicted brightness of ISON. it seems from the reports that it came out from behind the sun dimmer than when it was being tracked before moving behind the sun. which i think for most was unexpected.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy

Look at that!! its a space ship!!

hey Mr.OP do you have other image or a Gif image or Video? i am so curious..!

Im a MISS OP..lol..i do have some other pictures..but i forgot how to put them here.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Diisenchanted

Right but it would not show up as two lines.

It would if the recording was interrupted and resumed.

Also look at the star in the bottom left corner. See the lines coming off of the star if it was multiple shots they would be distorted as well.

Why, those angles stay the same, or virtually the same.

I have other pictures of it as well, and it has changed..how do i get them here? Its been too long since ive posted

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

If the claims that they made the pics with exposures of 440 sec., are true, then the "anamoly" is easily explained.

You could say those claims are bogus and that it is a cover up and that it really is a bigass spaceship, which is what you seem to be doing.

Well, exciting times I guess then!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
here is a link to all the images..and they do the same thing..but it has changed..

LINK

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

That doesnt explain why the comet shows up AFTER you darken or lighten the picture as perfect lines..

It's because of overexposure I think.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jahari
Wow that's amazing. Question. Why do we assume ufo's have or needs lights? Could those three lines be denser parts of the ice that's possibly reflecting more light? I am by no means a expert or novice for that matter. If someone don't come along and make sense of this I may lose my cool. Its freaking spooky.

I never said it was a ufo..BUT..if its ice..which i dont believe comets are, anyway..why is it so geometrically perfect? I mean, its flying through space at how many miles an hour, and still stays perfectly symmetrical?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoParadigm

Its a lot better than a comet with a huge poisonous tail that is going to cover us. When we move I'm going to set up my telescope and hope that this connector I bought, T ring, for my full spectrum camcorder, will be the right one. Otherwise I still need to wait and order the other one(s). But I want to see this for myself. If its going to show up this fall.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

ok.. but didnt this comet just come around from behind the sun? so it's changing trajectory based on the sun's gravitational pull not so?

Yes, it probably did change trajectory, I changed my mind a couple of times.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast

Wouldn't everything else in the cameras field of view change along with it, then?

Thats what i said..and wait until you see the other pics..if i can get them on here..it is NOT what he is saying..

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
ok guys..these two pictures are from July 16..

and the below picture is from June 27..now why would the june one NOT look like the others..

Something very strange..

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Yeah gonna keep an eye on this one!

hla.stsci.edu...

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I never said it was a ufo..BUT..if its ice..which i dont believe comets are, anyway..why is it so geometrically perfect? I mean, its flying through space at how many miles an hour, and still stays perfectly symmetrical?

Because it is not zoomed in enough to see the actual shape, and it radiates (infrared) light so in the pics it always will show up like a round bright dot, or in this case a line(because of 440 second exposure). I think they are naturally roundish too because of the forces they are under. Not sure though.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Shutter speed would not be symmetrical...

It would be random sticks...

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

Originally posted by slowisfast

Wouldn't everything else in the cameras field of view change along with it, then?

Thats what i said..and wait until you see the other pics..if i can get them on here..it is NOT what he is saying..

I already retracted that and it has nothing to do with the explanation of why it looks like a line.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Yeah gonna keep an eye on this one!

hla.stsci.edu...

agreed, sir..i dont think this is shutter speed anomaly...it certainly has me excited

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Because it is not zoomed in enough to see the actual shape, and it radiates (infrared) light so in the pics it always will show up like a round bright dot, or in this case a line(because of 440 second exposure). I think they are naturally roundish too because of the forces they are under. Not sure though.

If this were true..the stars would look like lines as well, since they are roundish, also.
edit on 18-8-2013 by Yummy Freelunch because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join