It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An image of Comet Ison or is it really a comet?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Yes..I know, you've seen it all before..but really, this is something very strange.

Go to this link..find the comet, and darken the image as dark as it will go..up at the top of the left of the page.

I want to know what YOU guys see, because what I see is NOT a comet!

And if its some kind of anomaly with the camera, then why are none of the other stars doing this...

hla.stsci.edu... n/display?image=hlsp_ison_hst_wfc3_130430_f606w_v1&autoscale=&title=Ison+130430+WFC3+F606W

I know I havent posted in a LOOOONG time, but this is worth it..hopefully I havent made a retarded post..lol

UPDATE: Bilk22 has posted a picture at the bottom of page 1..but DONT look at it, yet..go and see it first for yourself..
edit on 18-8-2013 by Yummy Freelunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
ooops..i dont think the link worked...

link

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

So where on the image is Ison?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

This is the latest image of Ison,

I don't know what the heck that link is showing.

Try this.

The above image was recorded by amateur astronomer Bruce Gary using his 11-inch telescope at Hereford Arizona Observatory

... as right now we are celebrating that ISON does appears to still continue to shine, and [color=gold] it looks like it has brightened up somewhat as we would have hoped and predicted.

NASA ison campaign . org

Mike

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

lol..i knew someone would ask that..just zoom all the way out and you'll find it..im sorry to make you work for it..but it loses its impact if you dont see it for yourself!!! IF you still cant find it let me know.

I would post a picture of it, but , as I said..it loses it's impact..IMO>.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
ok..its close to the upper right side of the picture..i dont know how to use those numbers, I'm just a silly ol' girl.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Can you describe what you are seeing?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy

This is the latest image of Ison,

I don't know what the heck that link is showing.

Try this.

The above image was recorded by amateur astronomer Bruce Gary using his 11-inch telescope at Hereford Arizona Observatory

... as right now we are celebrating that ISON does appears to still continue to shine, and [color=gold] it looks like it has brightened up somewhat as we would have hoped and predicted.

NASA ison campaign . org

Mike

Im sorry..but it is a link from the science education site..it is legit..its from the Hubble telescope archives..it IS a real picture.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoParadigm

You cant see it?

Please..if I tell you, you wont be surprised as I was!

Put it this way..it is NOT a comet!!!!

Please go and look for yourself..I hate to be silly like this, but for real, if you see it for yourself, you're going to say..HO LEE CRAP!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
ok..this is the main page that the page i sent you came from..it IS legit..it isnt from some amateur astronomer..this is real...folks..please go and look for yourself..

LINK

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Zoom out to the 3rd option from the left. You can see the comet clearly from there. Then zoom in on it a little (3rd option from the right...don't forget to move the crosshair over to it) and hit the darker contrast button (upper left) a few times. I am sure there is a reasonable explanation for it, but its interesting nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

triangle of lights?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

i am sory sir i dont see anything..its so blurr..
please describe what you see..

becouse this is what i see from your link sir..

my apology if i wrong..

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unthought Known
Zoom out to the 3rd option from the left. You can see the comet clearly from there. Then zoom in on it a little (3rd option from the right...don't forget to move the crosshair over to it) and hit the darker contrast button (upper left) a few times. I am sure there is a reasonable explanation for it, but its interesting nonetheless.

Thank you..im terrible at giving directions..remind me never to apply for a management postion.

Ok..yes..there is a reasonable explanation..but what is it...lol

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is NOT a comet!!

link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is NOT a comet!!

link   
reply to post by cheesy

zoom out

link   
ooops holy double post, batman!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I feel like a little kid in a candy store..this is just soooo awesome..what say you? I dont know..I really hope its real, whatever it is! I dont EVER believe in ufo sitings or watch the films that people have taken, you just cant believe it..but THIS is something different..its on a legit website and you can see it for yourself!

All the images of ISON from June - July...

That was the last image of it....They haven't released any since then.

LInk

+46 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Is this it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join