It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An image of Comet Ison or is it really a comet?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

It has nothing to do with shutter speed. The way darkening an image digitally works is... let's say you have an image of a light bulb turned on the light value at the center of the bulb is brightest... for easy math purposes we'll assign that with a value of 11, and at the outer rim of visible light a 1. Now to darken it the image program subtracts light at a value of 1 per click of the button. So we hit darken and immediately that outer rim of light disappears. Once we've hit the button 10 times, the image no longer looks like a lightbulb, it looks like lines of light, probably in a diamond shape.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by abeverage

The shape is being caused by the darkening not because it is that actual shape. Light isn't cast on the core nor the gas trail evenly, there will be parts that are darker and parts that are brighter.

So the angle is being caused by what exactly? I realize that parts of the Comet are going to be lit differently. But if you are saying the shape is an artifact from the change in exposer from light to dark please explain how it makes the shape. Go through changing the tone and you see a distinctive boomerang shape.

But there have been stranger things lately...

edit on 18-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

What in the world? That is strangely beautiful, whatever it is!

That is P/2010 A2 An Asteroid/Comet (they really don't know what it was or how exactly to classify it as it had both characteristics of a comet and an asteroid LOL)

It might have been an asteroid that had survived and impact that or a Klingon Bird of Prey lol.

But yes amazing and beautiful shame we did not get closer images...
edit on 19-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

ISON COVER UP/May not be a Comet. Part 1.

Nibiru? A craft! That is what the original translation said.

V the tv show?

Anyway. Its very interesting.
edit on 19-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for that
I think this needs to be watched!!!!
edit on 19-8-2013 by Yummy Freelunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

It has nothing to do with shutter speed. The way darkening an image digitally works is... let's say you have an image of a light bulb turned on the light value at the center of the bulb is brightest... for easy math purposes we'll assign that with a value of 11, and at the outer rim of visible light a 1. Now to darken it the image program subtracts light at a value of 1 per click of the button. So we hit darken and immediately that outer rim of light disappears. Once we've hit the button 10 times, the image no longer looks like a lightbulb, it looks like lines of light, probably in a diamond shape.

That would be a great explanation if it were just one line. But if you look at the series of images I posted it goes from one line into to 3 then back into 2.

It is either several pieces or very oddly shaped. My bets are a boomerang or crescent shaped comet.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Did you watch the video that Unity posted? I guess we arent the only ones skeptical..

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I understand about the darkening process, It is the odd shape from the set of images that is puzzling.
But even when you darken the image at x 2, the shape was apparent

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

And it is good to offer logical explanations if they are correct so we don't confuse the issue.

I know comets don't change course in a matter of minutes, I kinda lost the perspective there regarding the timeframe in which the recording was made. I can imagine a comet could make such a sharp turn as it enters a solar system coming from another trajectory but never in that timeframe.

You are right, it wasn't a logical potential explanation.

I don't know what to think anymore.

Nothing that has been proposed sofar seems to cut it.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Go back to the image and then use the lightening tool, I hit it about 5 times I think.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoParadigm

Why does the image maintain a 45 degree angle for the 440 seconds? The pics of the "Comet" moves in a straight line, only under magnification and darkening does the angular shape appear. It appears to me that there is an angular "something" masked by a glow that appears to be a Comet moving in a straight line. Sounds like a sneaky way to travel around. Does anyone know how far out this thing is and if it's heading this way?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Ok. I'm a little bit thick. I just don't get what you're saying. I am a freelance photographer and a from time to time a motion picture camera operator and videographer and I just don't get where you are coming from on this. I'm not arguing with you, I just really don't get what you're saying. Got any pictures? I would love to learn about this so that I don't waste time on it if I see it again.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
I feel like a little kid in a candy store..this is just soooo awesome..what say you? I dont know..I really hope its real, whatever it is! I dont EVER believe in ufo sitings or watch the films that people have taken, you just cant believe it..but THIS is something different..its on a legit website and you can see it for yourself!

All the images of ISON from June - July...

That was the last image of it....They haven't released any since then.

LInk

Comet ISON will pass near Earth in late December 2013. Coincides with ET contactee Alex Collier's info below which was from his Andromedan contact:

light-seeds.com...

December 3, 2013

Alex Collier 2008 Lecture. Talking about his contacts with the Andromedans, Alex Collier makes reference to December 3rd, 2013. Mornay told him: "Now, after the blindness of 5,725 years, you and your Terra are about to regain yourselves. It will be such an unprecedented change that it will be difficult for many to grasp their own potential. It is the turning point on your world, which none of your planets forefathers were ever privilaged to experience."

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I'm outta here. Goodnight gang and thanks for the lively evening. Why doesn't the good stuff happen earlier?
Hahaha

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

The color image of Comet ISON described in a previous blog post is a composite of five exposures taken on April 30, 2013. All of the images were made with the Wide Field Camera 3 UVIS instrument (WFC3/UVIS) during one orbit of Hubble around the Earth. Three exposures of 440 seconds each were made using the V band filter (technically known as F606W), which transmits yellow/green light, and two exposures of 490 seconds each in the I band filter (F814W) which transmits red and some near infrared light.

hubblesite.org...

Are the OP image and the other pics posted afterwards also from April 30 or is the above story about other pics?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by pistolerooo

Why does the image maintain a 45 degree angle for the 440 seconds? The pics of the "Comet" moves in a straight line, only under magnification and darkening does the angular shape appear. It appears to me that there is an angular "something" masked by a glow that appears to be a Comet moving in a straight line. Sounds like a sneaky way to travel around. Does anyone know how far out this thing is and if it's heading this way?

Yup it's coming this way and it's gonna get us......
!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

Goodnight, Wirefly, pleasant dreams

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Im more worried about the tail. or TAILS...the debris..

I mean look at this...

Massive meteor that slammed into Russia in February left cosmic dust that showered Earth for MONTHS

Link[edi tby]edit on 19-8-2013 by Yummy Freelunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Btw, here's a vid of ISON's predicted trajectory through our solar system.

www.youtubeskip.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Thanks for that link Neo. In the trajectory it seems to intersect really close with Mars!

Has there been any concern it might hit Mars or one of its moons?

Maybe it's planning to make a pit stop?

Cirque

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The lines this "comet" makes can't be the result of a slow shutter speed. You have 3 distinctive broken lines converging at a vertex. A slow shutter speed on a moving comet would only have one streak not 3. In addition, the streak would only be created by one light source and it wold be constant.

Just like a slow shutter speed of cars at night. Each light streak reflects an individual light source, such as a tail light bulb.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Thank you for that explanation..that makes sense.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join