It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An image of Comet Ison or is it really a comet?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

You lost me there.

What do you want me to do?

Are you completely ignoring the rather compelling evidence that was presented on the previous page?

I think it is a safe conclusion that you are looking at the progressing stages of the pic.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

The answer was also posted on page 4,

This is not the way comets are usually observed. Normally we would track on the comet to keep it stationary in the camera during the exposure. However, in this case we wanted to produce an image of the comet against a background clearly showing stars and galaxies.

It's up to you wether you believe it or not.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Seems weird timing for the Military to shut down the space fence with this thing headed our way!

www.space.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

What good is Space Fence with Ison? It only sees out to 15,000 nm. It's also not nearly the only thing looking out there, just the one that sees the most. It's not like we're going to stop Ison if it's going to hit us anyway. We don't have the technology.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Bring it on! I'm ready to leave this hell hole anyway.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I don't know what the hell you are trying to show me. If that is what you were going for op congrats.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Descubren ciudad sumergida en el Triángulo de las Bermudas.

Leer nota > ow.ly/o4dkN #Imagen > ow.ly/o4dNl

reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

No, I was wrong, they are not progressive stages.

I see the issue now.

Were those pics with those different filters taken in the order you have posted them?

edit on 19-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
popcorn?
indeed..

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Has anyone called on the almighty Phage to answer this for us???

Say his name 3 times in a row and he shows up like Beetlejuice!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Disagree, sure, but if conspiracy theories seem to bother you, as they often seemed to have done so in the past, I suggest spending your countless online hours on some other site that doesn't vex you so much.

Its not the conspiracy theories that worry me, its the retards who believe in them when the evidence is up in the sky for anyone to see. Comet ISON has been seen by thousands of astronomers in the first half of this year, and since recover a few weeks ago, a whole bunch more have seen it again.
But no, this whole thread has been obsessed with one image taken by one source, many months ago, and has been so completely blinkered by it, that it has ignored all other multiple sources of information.

How about you completely ignore NASA, completely ignore old images taken months ago, get yourself a telescope and see it for yourself.
As other amateur astronomers are doing.
HERE is just one message forum discussing people actually taking images and seeing it personally.

FFS people, its at a close angle to the sun, but its now at about magnitude 13.

...or you could sit here and stew over old antiquated images, inventing conspiracy theories, while the actual thing remains up in the sky, unhidden and in plain view.

This thread is retarded. You might as well be sitting inside a cave, arguing about the color of the sky outside but refusing to go and look. You might as well be arguing about the contents of a web page, but refusing to go and visit it. You might as well be arguing over the density of water, but refusing to measure it. You might as well be arguing over the shape of a comet....

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
Has anyone called on the almighty Phage to answer this for us???

Say his name 3 times in a row and he shows up like Beetlejuice!

Just wondering, is "Phage" the God of ATS?

Seems like when it comes to the unknown, you all turn to this being for answers.

Perhaps due to the inability of ATS members to think for themselves, the ATS admin. should consider "Deity" status for this almighty member?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Phage answers all and knows all, deity would be quite appropiate

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Phage answers all and knows all, deity would be quite appropiate
TBH after 2nd page or so I was surprised Phage did not appear.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Let me get this right, I may have missed something, but is the latest attempt to debunk these attempting to claim these white, straight looking tube-like images are cross-hairs? Don't most cross-hairs line up at 90 degree angles?

Yes I attempted this earlier, (picture perspective distortion COULD have explained that it's not in a perfect angle)..however what speaks against the cross-hairs theory is that the "lines" are surrounded by dust. So I don't think its cross-hair anymore.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Phage is very intelligent in this area of study and interest. Space. Jim Oberg is another ATS poster I'd love to chime in on this thread.

They are scientific, intelligent minded members that excel in this area of discourse. The respect members have for them is deserved. They are rarely rude, do not often degenerate to ad hominen attacks when met with opposition, and generally tolerant of more subjective minded people who study the paranormal and entertain fantastic hypothesis, like myself.

I hope one or the other chimes in on this matter to. Like other members.

Cirque

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'll just be fecking stoopid and say that the comet has broken up..as experted.
Now, scare your ass off.

edit on 19-8-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Being serious for a moment, I don't see how that could be a comet.. Especially with the angle of the lights and the separation... Its definitely a UFO, meaning unidentified.... Crazy picture nevertheless.. Nice find OP

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Disagree, sure, but if conspiracy theories seem to bother you, as they often seemed to have done so in the past, I suggest spending your countless online hours on some other site that doesn't vex you so much.

This thread is retarded. You might as well be sitting inside a cave, arguing about the color of the sky outside but refusing to go and look. You might as well be arguing about the contents of a web page, but refusing to go and visit it. You might as well be arguing over the density of water, but refusing to measure it. You might as well be arguing over the shape of a comet....

And yet how many times have you posted on it? I think this is a great topic, and I really enjoy interacting with other conspiracy minded folk on ATS, and all the other enlightened posters on here. Of course I welcome debate and counter arguments, but if they involve taking NASA at their word - then the debate is certainly not settled.

You seem like an intelligent fellow, yet often rail against many posters on here - which is your right if you do it civilly - it just doesn't seem like you are enjoying yourself - which is your right as well.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRulesAllowed

Let me get this right, I may have missed something, but is the latest attempt to debunk these attempting to claim these white, straight looking tube-like images are cross-hairs? Don't most cross-hairs line up at 90 degree angles?

Yes I attempted this earlier, (picture perspective distortion COULD have explained that it's not in a perfect angle)..however what speaks against the cross-hairs theory is that the "lines" are surrounded by dust. So I don't think its cross-hair anymore.

Well apparently we're not allowed to address the possibility that NASA may not be entirely forthcoming with this matter, am I on the right website or not?

edit on 19-8-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join