It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An image of Comet Ison or is it really a comet?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
reply to post by Bicent76

Well, supposedly Deep Impact has pictures as well, not released yet, of course.

yea they are using probes, and everything we have to observe this thing but ahem where are all the pictures? Why are they being kept top secret?

What surprises me is there is so much hype for a comet, being spewed to us yet hardly any images of the damn, thing or explanations about its nature.. The only logical conclusion I can draw, is they do not know what its nature is, and that is why they are not showing many images of a comet they find strange. First the scientist were rambling on about how bright this comet was going to be and how large it was. Then they decided it was not really that big, now they think it wont be super bright, yet other scientist do

This is what I think, I think NASA, has no idea what ISON is...

edit on 19-8-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

Yes if you watch the video I posted from ThorNews..he even says that it was amateurs that RE found ISON..and the professionals are strangely silent on it..they're the ones that wanted everyone to jump on the ISON bandwagon and everyone take pictures of it..where the heck are THEY now?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Yes..this is worth watching..its all the same info..and looks like Thor and Dahboo77, a few youtubers have found all the info..it wasnt me who found it for this thread, but my fiance..

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

reply to post by nitro67

Yes..this is worth watching..its all the same info..and looks like Thor and Dahboo77, a few youtubers have found all the info..it wasnt me who found it for this thread, but my fiance..
I was wanting to ask you about that. You said she discovered this? Did she discover someone elses post or did she figure out the light contrast thing herself?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Yes if you watch the video I posted from ThorNews..he even says that it was amateurs that RE found ISON..and the professionals are strangely silent on it..they're the ones that wanted everyone to jump on the ISON bandwagon and everyone take pictures of it..where the heck are THEY now?

Usually the conspiracy arises because "the authorities" are in control of all the information, and the public have to take their word for it.

Are you seriously turning this around and claiming its a conspiracy because backyard astronomers, the public, are looking at something (and finding no spaceships) more than you think "the authorities" are doing????

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoParadigm
reply to post by abeverage

It would be extremely helpfull to know which pic was made out of which other pics from what position at what time.

It dont know if that was a correct sentence.

LOL I really don't know what you mean? I am going to do something just clarify things...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

there was people saying at one time ISON, had two tails.. This is a very odd picture, has anyone from NASA, explained what the hell this is?

NASA dont have to explain jack #t about that.
Two tails (gas, and dust) is a fundamental basic part of cometary science that you'll find explained in "Basic comets for complete idiots, Volume 1".

Comets actually have two tails -- a dust tail and a plasma (ionized gas) tail.

Oh, look, it turns out that NASA actually do explain it, and you'd know this if you did a google search.

edit on 19-8-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
..this ' I the son ' Comet "passes Regulus in first half of october"

regulus is in Leo
the star of Rule
the Sceptre

"..and the sceptre will not move from between his [judahs] feet : untill shiloh [the Kingdom] comes"
Regulus is inbetween Leo's paws

basically, what this Ritual is about - see page 4 of thread -
is that Evil devised this Ritual to bring the sceptre [illegally] to earth,
using a "comet" as " metaphysical vehicle"

...that is: using, feeding off the belief of sóuls into this comet
feeding Off their attention [ =energy] and belief in it

does that make sense..?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Is this it?

Hey thanks for that I could not get the link to work on this tablet. Wow if that is it that is not a comet, lol.

The Bot

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The change in apparent path is because the image was taken while the Hubble Space Telescope was orbiting Earth. Because the comet is much closer to Earth than the background stars, the comet appears to move in relation to the background over the 2,300 seconds the 5 exposures took. Using Starry Night Pro, I plotted the path of ISON as viewed from the HST on the date the pictures were taken. Each green dot represents 5 minutes of time. Because of the HST's motion around the Earth, you get this scalloped path, where the comet appears to move less at "points" in the path, and then speeds up as it swoops to the next point. That's exactly what you see in the image. One long streak where the comet was moving quickly relative tot he background, more of a single point where the comet was near the tip of the path, and then another long streak as it swooped on on the next point. As you can see from the time stamps, the 2,300 seconds (38 minutes and 20 seconds) total for the exposures nicely matches up with the shapes we see in the exposures.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoParadigm
reply to post by Char-Lee

I was also wondering, would the tail not have responded to the exposures as lines also instead of seeing the diffused light as we do?

This seems to be a common misconception in this thread. You are not looking at the tail. The blob of light is just overexposure to light, in the image.

At least that's what I think.
edit on 19-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

Thanks, to late again I saw someone already asked this, but the diffused light is not consistent around the object but spreads out in one direction so certainly looks like the comet tail. Also why would we not see the comet tail in the picture.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Not to mention, as i stated AND showed pictures of other comets a few pages back..no other comet shows like this one.

How does the Shoemaker-Levy comet being pulled apart by Jupiter relate to Ison?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Lets get really exited...Ohhhhhhhh its NIBURU!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry i could not resist, I should know better!!!

But seriously Im sure it will be just a comet when it gets here!...But it sure is a great image and find

edit on 19-8-2013 by TheDoctor46 because: Niburu Nonsense!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Bicent76

Well, supposedly Deep Impact has pictures as well, not released yet, of course.

yea they are using probes, and everything we have to observe this thing but ahem where are all the pictures? Why are they being kept top secret?

What surprises me is there is so much hype for a comet, being spewed to us yet hardly any images of the damn, thing or explanations about its nature.. The only logical conclusion I can draw, is they do not know what its nature is, and that is why they are not showing many images of a comet they find strange. First the scientist were rambling on about how bright this comet was going to be and how large it was. Then they decided it was not really that big, now they think it wont be super bright, yet other scientists do

This is what I think, I think NASA, has no idea what ISON is...

so why not just release the images to the world, let us help

edit on 19-8-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

I think all that was said about Elenin also. Still I never stopped thinking something was odd about Elenin even the supposed demise of it.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
And here's a image where I've zoomed in on the plotted locations in Starry Night, then pasted the Hubble image over it and just rotated it. You can see the paths match up nicely.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

I do love your work here, nice to see someone actually using their noggin!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

I was on the fence with this, but i am no longer. Great work squire

King

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4

reply to post by nitro67

I was wanting to ask you about that. You said she discovered this? Did she discover someone elses post or did she figure out the light contrast thing herself?

Im a female, my fiance is a male..just to clear that up..lol..

Im not sure where he found it..but we've been discussing it for months, and he regularly researches it. He's the one that gave me all the links, etc..

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
The change in apparent path is because the image was taken while the Hubble Space Telescope was orbiting Earth. Because the comet is much closer to Earth than the background stars, the comet appears to move in relation to the background over the 2,300 seconds the 5 exposures took. Using Starry Night Pro, I plotted the path of ISON as viewed from the HST on the date the pictures were taken. Each green dot represents 5 minutes of time. Because of the HST's motion around the Earth, you get this scalloped path, where the comet appears to move less at "points" in the path, and then speeds up as it swoops to the next point. That's exactly what you see in the image. One long streak where the comet was moving quickly relative tot he background, more of a single point where the comet was near the tip of the path, and then another long streak as it swooped on on the next point. As you can see from the time stamps, the 2,300 seconds (38 minutes and 20 seconds) total for the exposures nicely matches up with the shapes we see in the exposures.

Thank you.

Not the guy to say I told y'all so......ah who am I kidding.

I told you so!

Word.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

Not to mention, as i stated AND showed pictures of other comets a few pages back..no other comet shows like this one.

How does the Shoemaker-Levy comet being pulled apart by Jupiter relate to Ison?

I was just showing that they took clear, color photos, FROM HUBBLE..and it was further away than ISON is..

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join