It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An image of Comet Ison or is it really a comet?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

She wanted us to do the work. And I can tell you, it's alot more fun when we do the work and see for ourselves. Too much things in the World are based on "someone else told us"... It's fun to actually see by ourselves.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
The lines this "comet" makes can't be the result of a slow shutter speed. You have 3 distinctive broken lines converging at a vertex. A slow shutter speed on a moving comet would only have one streak not 3. In addition, the streak would only be created by one light source and it wold be constant.

Just like a slow shutter speed of cars at night. Each light streak reflects an individual light source, such as a tail light bulb.

This made me think of something. If, as we know is the case, this were three images, I could understand three lines. Just like the cars in your image would do if that image were a composite of three images. There would be breaks in the lines where the cars moved while the shutter was closed. Now, if our comet were corkscrewing through space...nevermind, the lines would be curved.

Still stumped.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The "breaking up" theory is logical, but the shapes looks strange for a puzzle, its hard to fit these pieces back together

s&f

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
So.............we have hundreds of thousands of pictures from hundreds of other comets.............and none of them have ever appeared as thus?

My thoughts exactly ... on the assumption that nothing special happened with the photography and its a standard photo of a comet then there should be lots of this type of image and we would have discussed it ad infinitum .... but there arent ... so its something else ...

Oh and to the OP ... thanks for making me do it for myself ... great fun ... thank you

edit on 19-8-2013 by johnrobca because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Hi all,

I was wondering... IF this ISON picture was made to show a comet with a clear cosmic background as NASA says...

...why did they present us a picture that was saturated with light?

I mean, they tell us that the lines are appearing because of "xyz" explanation, but they did present a picture showing only a blob of light at first... as if they were expecting most people to only see the blob of light...

Am I making sense?... lol

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoParadigm

Neo if that were the case would not all the surrounding images get the same effect?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jahari
snip Question. Why do we assume ufo's have or need headlights?

What we assume is that the lights are a side effect of the electro-gravitic propulsion system.

It is assumed, I assume, that the way "space ships", whether NASA Black Triangles or true "alien" interdimensional vehicles, travel is by gravitic nullification and direction through electro-gravitics (the same force they used to lift the pyramid stones, the same force Ed used at COral Castle, the same force encoded into the Masonic lodge wall murals in Philly (I think its Philly), and the same force that is illustrated all over European art and architecture as those "S"-shaped decorations on the corners etc of large buildings).

It's a silly assumption, but there it is.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I have to admit, this is an amazing image. If this image has no defects, then it could be a very significant find.
edit on 19-8-2013 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Comet ISON is not brightening as much as expected as it zooms toward the sun, an amateur astronomer has reported, dealing a blow to skywatchers hoping for a spectacular show from the icy wanderer during its close solar approach this November.

ISON, which almost immediately after its discovery last September was branded as a "comet of the century" candidate, now seems in jeopardy of completely disintegrating before skimming just 724,000 miles (1.16 million kilometers) above the surface of the sun on Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 28).

Since early June, ISON has been unobservable because of its close proximity to the sun in our sky. The comet is now slowly moving out of the bright solar glare and is becoming better placed for viewing in the morning, low in the eastern sky just before sunrise. [Photos of Comet ISON: A Potentially Great Comet]
from www.space.com...

Latest update ...

Its breaking up..That's all I get "what's up with comet Ison. It's just a "a rock" ...

Interesting thread though...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
It looks like a perfect mirror of itself, so its obviously one object, somehow getting mirrored

That or its a construction or a freak of nature

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

I never said it was a ufo

In a way you did,

You said its not a comet and gave no other conclusion of what you think, so its unidentified by you in your thread about a Comet not being a comet.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
That's what's called an Anzu bird, or at least the sign of...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
How about this concerning the image of the the comet Ison and why you see those lines...

Four stacked images of Comet ISON. Since Hubble followed the background, the comet shifts position from exposure to exposure. To make the final image, we then shifted these independent images of ISON into one combined Franken-comet. (Credit: Hubble/NASA)

thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

Sorry, no spaceship this time, but maybe one day you will get one...

A Franken-Comet??? Well that clears things up!

Nothing has been explained of how this comet is shifted so dramatically, it shouldn't be able to do that!

If this is 4 stacked images they should be in a STRAIGHT LINE! Heck I would even take a small curved line but not a BOOMERANG SHAPE!

I am a photographer and an Amateur astronomer and I am ok with a zig-zag pattern...Something like this
/

/

/

But if we see something like this...
|
|
/

|
|
Unless Keplers Orbital Laws and Newtons laws have changed

IT CANNOT MOVE LIKE THAT! IT IS NOT POSSIBLE!

No object can pull another object so dramatically from it's established orbit! It would only change its parabolic trajectory in a curve not an abrupt change!

Unless it is an impacted, released a HUGE out-gassing (and then ANOTHER one to return it back to its orbit, or it is moved through artificial(Thrusters/Rockets whatever) means.

If we are looking at 1 object like NASA suggests and not 3...I need a satisfactory explanation of HOW it changed its path so dramatically in a matter of minutes and then back again!

edit on 19-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

Comet ISON is not brightening as much as expected as it zooms toward the sun, an amateur astronomer has reported, dealing a blow to skywatchers hoping for a spectacular show from the icy wanderer during its close solar approach this November.

ISON, which almost immediately after its discovery last September was branded as a "comet of the century" candidate, now seems in jeopardy of completely disintegrating before skimming just 724,000 miles (1.16 million kilometers) above the surface of the sun on Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 28).

Since early June, ISON has been unobservable because of its close proximity to the sun in our sky. The comet is now slowly moving out of the bright solar glare and is becoming better placed for viewing in the morning, low in the eastern sky just before sunrise. [Photos of Comet ISON: A Potentially Great Comet]
from www.space.com...

Latest update ...

Its breaking up..That's all I get "what's up with comet Ison. It's just a "a rock" ...

Interesting thread though...

WAIT.. this thing is made of ice.. going round the sun.. and doesnt melt down to nothingness while passing so close??

Science/Nasa what are you doing? go home you're drunk!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

If people are going to get excited about pictures off the Hubble website, then they might as well also take the time to the read the blog post that describes the images.

These exposures were made while the telescope tracked the stars. Because of the motion of the comet and the motion of HST in its orbit around the Earth, the comet trailed slightly relative to the stars during and between these exposures. This is not the way comets are usually observed. Normally we would track on the comet to keep it stationary in the camera during the exposure. However, in this case we wanted to produce an image of the comet against a background clearly showing stars and galaxies.

IOW....you are seeing long exposure of jets of gas from the center comet head

please watch the 7 minute video here ...countdowntozerotime.com...-574

and inspect some of the other comet coma shots..one in particular looks like a volcano cone...so i would infer that the two 'arms' projecting from the central dot are just the denser fragments of the coma from the camera perspective...
i think we are drawing false conclusions of the built-up image (color filters, long exposure, etc)
edit on 19-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

but to not disappoint all the fervent religious believers out there....

in Revelations i believe, there is the promise of the Sign of the Lord that all will see in the sky.

so here are the symbolic three crosses of the cruicfixion day... that is the "sign" of His return...imbeded in the comet ISON.... there, now we got a end-time, eschatology 'sign' woven into this Kachina star

edit on 19-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
How about this concerning the image of the the comet Ison and why you see those lines...

Four stacked images of Comet ISON. Since Hubble followed the background, the comet shifts position from exposure to exposure. To make the final image, we then shifted these independent images of ISON into one combined Franken-comet. (Credit: Hubble/NASA)

thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

Sorry, no spaceship this time, but maybe one day you will get one...

ok i think the' four stacked images' just mean that they placed 4 pictures together like one big square from 4 smaller squares. one of the pictures by itself holds the entire comet ISON.. the others show surrounding space.
edit on 19-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Viewing the test protocol for these images on the hubble site shows that F606W was three exposures of 440 seconds, while F814W was two exposures of 440 seconds. An object photographed from an orbiting platform with these conditions, will show a sinusoidal pattern (a squashes sine curve) F606W three images were taken at the two orthogonal extreme points and the one in the middle, resulting in the seeming "V" pattern. The central shorter line, was shorter because the motion of the comet was more directly at us, resulting in a shorter parallax effect. Think of a time exposure of a baseball for say a tenth of a second from the catchers perspective, or from the dugouts perspective . The first would be little more than a dot, while the second would be a longer line.

Image F814W's two constituent images were taken in between the two extremes and the center point, thus showing a different part of the sinusoidal curve, corresponding to the gaps in image F606W's portion of the curve.

If there was only one exposure made, of exactly the orbital period of the hubble scope, the image would display a single sine curve in its entirety. No mother ship.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tombaccei

So you are saying that the curve is due to a change in the camera viewpoint? But the stars are still in the same place, so the viewpoint couldn't have changed.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tombaccei
Viewing the test protocol for these images on the hubble site shows that F606W was three exposures of 440 seconds, while F814W was two exposures of 440 seconds. An object photographed from an orbiting platform with these conditions, will show a sinusoidal pattern (a squashes sine curve) F606W three images were taken at the two orthogonal extreme points and the one in the middle, resulting in the seeming "V" pattern. The central shorter line, was shorter because the motion of the comet was more directly at us, resulting in a shorter parallax effect. Think of a time exposure of a baseball for say a tenth of a second from the catchers perspective, or from the dugouts perspective . The first would be little more than a dot, while the second would be a longer line.

Image F814W's two constituent images were taken in between the two extremes and the center point, thus showing a different part of the sinusoidal curve, corresponding to the gaps in image F606W's portion of the curve.

If there was only one exposure made, of exactly the orbital period of the hubble scope, the image would display a single sine curve in its entirety. No mother ship.

The original images found HERE in a series of a 8, 171-second exposures, Not 440 seconds and this contains the original Boomerang shape taken in 1 image and there is no mention it is a stacked image.

Hubble Heritage program 13229 imaged the comet on 8 May 2013, using a Wide Field Camera 3 (WFC3) subarray which is half of one of the two CCDs (2K x 2K subarray). Eight identical 171-second exposures were obtained, with one dither step to mitigate bad pixels. The long-pass F350LP filter was used to maximize the signal-to-noise in one orbit. A small offset from the nominal aperture was applied to optimally position the comet and tail within the field of view.

Please explain that.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join