European Union, Military Superpower!?!

page: 7
0
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamB

Originally posted by Pelayo
The European Union will be a military superpower for sure.


Hmmmmmm.



Britain is the only country in Europe with a decent and strong military.

France, Germany and the rest are falling behind the US and the UK militarily.


It's now becoming more and more obvious that "European Armies" are just the extension of their socialist agenda. Statistics show that most European nations, notably, France and Germany, spend more money on their personnel rather than vital military equipment. Thus the Army has just turned into another socialist employment scheme of people, who are otherwise unemployable. Neither France nor Germany or for that matter any European nation, except Great Britain, has the capacity to defend itself when attacked.

France and Germany should really stop pretending they are world powers. Bruce Bartlett 2003.



With respect adam, take your pro US and anti EU/europe/anyone who doesnt follow america blindy BS and kindly use it as a Suppository.

Let me adress some points here;
A) The UK's military is just as good as the french and german military and vice versay, period.
B) "Europes military has grown soft"? What the blooming hell is that about ? Your qoutes trying to say that the UK has gone soft? Ask the iraqis if the UK has gone soft, as the terrorists in afghanistan if the european armies have gone soft.
C) Since when was it thier "duty" as a major nation to step in and fight in iraq, thier people said no, hence why they did not go. I think as the supposed "land of the free" you should understand that the government does what its citezens want, its there for the people by the people.
D) You want to bring the iraq war up fine, but do it somewhere else.
E) The European military's are some of the best trained and best equiped militarys in the world, dont beleive me look at the gear.
G36
world.guns.ru...
MP7A1
world.guns.ru...
MP5
world.guns.ru...
Accuracy International AW-50
world.guns.ru...
Accuracy International AS50 sniper rifle
world.guns.ru...
SA-80A2/L85A2
world.guns.ru...
Leopard MBT:
en.wikipedia.org...
Leclerc tank:
www.fas.org...
Milan:
www.fas.org...
Index of weaponry...
www.fas.org...

Now tell me europe has no defencive capability.

ed lengthy quote

[edit on 16-8-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]




posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Don't listen to that idiot. He doesn't know anything about European militaries.

To AdamB: in short, France and Germany have good militaries and the only countries that none of these two countries can't defeat are the US and Russia.



posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Sorry....DontTreadOnMe
no problem, just quote what is necessary to make your point...and use the u2u instead of the thread for your off-topic comments


[edit on 17-8-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]



posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
As for that guy trying to talk how bad it would be for Germany if it was attacked…

2) You have to face natural obstacles. Germany is surrounded by: the Rhine river in the west, the Oder and Lausitzer Neisse rivers in the east, the Alps in the south, and the Northern Sea and the Baltic Sea in the north. Only the boundary with Denmark isn’t difficult to cross. But let’s suppose you get past those obstacles. Then:
3) (Assuming you come from the sea) You have to get all your soldiers on German soil without getting them all killed. You will have to deal with one of the best navies in the world and a good airforce. Then:
4) You have to deal with Heeres on the ground (supported by Luftwaffe). Then:
Huge Urban Areas. You think Fallujah was bad? Try taking over Berlin, Hamburg, Muenchen, Stuttgart, Nuernberg, Dresden, Kiel, Augsburg, Koeln, Duesseldof, Dortmund, Essen, Duisburg, Frankfurt am Main etc.



posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
As for that guy trying to talk how bad it would be for Germany if it was attacked…

2) You have to face natural obstacles. Germany is surrounded by: the Rhine river in the west, the Oder and Lausitzer Neisse rivers in the east, the Alps in the south, and the Northern Sea and the Baltic Sea in the north. Only the boundary with Denmark isn’t difficult to cross. But let’s suppose you get past those obstacles. Then:
3) (Assuming you come from the sea) You have to get all your soldiers on German soil without getting them all killed. You will have to deal with one of the best navies in the world and a good airforce. Then:
4) You have to deal with Heeres on the ground (supported by Luftwaffe). Then:
Huge Urban Areas. You think Fallujah was bad? Try taking over Berlin, Hamburg, Muenchen, Stuttgart, Nuernberg, Dresden, Kiel, Augsburg, Koeln, Duesseldof, Dortmund, Essen, Duisburg, Frankfurt am Main etc.


I could go into great detail about how it could be done, but lets stick to known facts.

1939...Germany is the most advanced military power in the world.
1945...Germany is invaded from the east and west, and within one year of D-day the 3rd Reich was defeated.



posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I could go into great detail about how it could be done, but lets stick to known facts.

No, you couldnt, because it is difficult to do.

Originally posted by stumason
1939...Germany is the most advanced military power in the world.
1945...Germany is invaded from the east and west, and within one year of D-day the 3rd Reich was defeated.

Within one year. That is not little.



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Stop thinking about fighting us, no matter where do you come from. Without the help of the US or Russia you have no chance.

If you enter via sea, you have to deal with German air force and the German navy – which is one of the best navies in the world. The German navy would sink your entire navy before you would even make it to the coast. If you enter via land, you have to deal the German land forces (including armored forces). They would beat you before you would even make it to the first major city.



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Here's what would happen if Germany was nuked.

Firstly, Germany would investigate and prove who conducted the attack.

Secondly, there would be a forced detention for all Muslims.

Next, all Germany's neighbours would be forced to comply with German regulations, or would face full economic sanctions, which would destroy their economies.

Next, assuming the source of the attack would be determined, that country would face German retaliation. If it was a power like Russia, or China, demands of nuclear regulations would be made. If it was a weak country like GB or Pakistan, they would be reduced to rubble.

Next, Germany would join the US in attacking any country suspected of harbouring terrorists.



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
Stop thinking about fighting us, no matter where do you come from. Without the help of the US or Russia you have no chance.

If you enter via sea, you have to deal with German air force and the German navy – which is one of the best navies in the world. The German navy would sink your entire navy before you would even make it to the coast. If you enter via land, you have to deal the German land forces (including armored forces). They would beat you before you would even make it to the first major city.


Rather optimistic about the German Navy and Luftwaffe capabilites there aren't we? Not to mention the Bundeswehr, which is still made up from National Servicemen

So you honestly believe that the Navy, numbering only 15 Frigates and assorted smaller vessels and a few diesel/electric subs would have any chance against, say, the British, French or Russian Navies, let alone the US Navy.Your entire Navy is geared towards ASW ops and would get creamed if it came up against a Navy with carriers. I wouldn't even class it as a blue-water navy, as its capabilities are limited and are still aimed at preventing submarine penetration in the Baltic and GIUK gap.

German Navy

Not that I want to turn this into a wang-measuring contest, but your belief that the German Armed Forces are invincible is fallacy.



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Rather optimistic about the German Navy and Luftwaffe capabilites there aren't we?

Why shouldn't I be optimistic about Luftwaffe capabilities? It has good fighters - Tornados and Typhoons.

Originally posted by stumason
Not that I want to turn this into a wang-measuring contest, but your belief that the German Armed Forces are invincible is fallacy.

I didn't say that the German military is invincible.

[edit on 26-8-2005 by AtheiX]



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   


Why shouldn't I be optimistic about Luftwaffe capabilities? It has good fighters - Tornados and Typhoons.


Wasn't denegrating the abilities of the Luftwaffe, but Tornados and Typhoons are bugger all use against sea targets, that is not what they were designed for. Besides, you have a relatively small number of them.



I didn't say that the German military is invincible


What you did say was that the German Navy was one of the best in the world. Whilst I am sure its sailors are well trained and disciplined, I wouldn't go so far to claim that your Navy is one of the best in the world, Pakistan has a larger and more capable fleet than Germany, but then Germany has never been a major Sea power.



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
With respect, How the hell did you 2 get to the point of "europe invadeing or attacking" germany?
Why? Whats germany going to do that makes everyone so worried? They going to invaded alsasce and loraine again?
No offence to the german armed forces but why would we invade them?



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
With respect, How the hell did you 2 get to the point of "europe invadeing or attacking" germany?
Why? Whats germany going to do that makes everyone so worried? They going to invaded alsasce and loraine again?
No offence to the german armed forces but why would we invade them?


haven't a clue DW, AthieX started rambling how anyone invading Germany would be met by hordes of fearless germans to push them back into the ocean for some reason..... Just thought I would put him right, especially on the "best navy in the world" remark...We all know who that is


EDIT: I have just re-read one of his posts and saw this:



If it was a weak country like GB or Pakistan, they would be reduced to rubble.


WTF are you on about? Weak? I am not even going to counter that, as I do not want to get into a wang-fest.......but it's bollocks.

[edit on 26/8/05 by stumason]



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
AthieX started rambling how anyone invading Germany would be met by hordes of fearless germans to push them back into the ocean for some reason.....

I didn't say that the German navy is the best navy in the world. I said that it's one of the best navies in the world.


With respect, How the hell did you 2 get to the point of "europe invadeing or attacking" germany?

I didn't say that it would be Europe who would invade.

[edit on 26-8-2005 by AtheiX]



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
haven't a clue DW, AthieX started rambling how anyone invading Germany would be met by hordes of fearless germans to push them back into the ocean for some reason..... Just thought I would put him right, especially on the "best navy in the world" remark...We all know who that is


Lol.




If it was a weak country like GB or Pakistan, they would be reduced to rubble.


With respect ath,
You are makeing these comments on purpose because you want us to react, guess what I wont and netheir I doubt will anyother briton.

You only let your own country and people down by trying to slander your "ally" and most likely blood relitive, but hey, your the new generation right.
Your generations slogan is "we dont care" , guess what, [B]I DONT CARE what you say about my country and its people.

Yours sincerly , DW.

Stue,
I believe we've made our point...So to qoute our faveroute Lord Flasheart..
"As the bishop said to the net ball team, lets go chums!"



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp


If it was a weak country like GB or Pakistan, they would be reduced to rubble.


You are makeing these comments on purpose because you want us to react, guess what I wont and netheir I doubt will anyother briton.

NO. I am saying this because I want to say what would happen if Germany was nuked.

Originally posted by devilwasp
You only let your own country and people down

I am not letting down anyone.

Originally posted by devilwasp
by trying to slander your "ally" and most likely blood relitive,

I am not trying to slander GB. I am saying what would happen if Germany was nuked.

Originally posted by devilwasp
Your generations slogan is "we dont care" , guess what, [B]I DONT CARE what you say about my country and its people.

Firstly, I am 17. Secondly, I don't use this slogan.



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
NO. I am saying this because I want to say what would happen if Germany was nuked.

Then you would not have said GB was weak nor ANY country was weak.
If you where simply saying what would happen if Germany was nuked then you wouldnt have made the comments you made.



I am not letting down anyone.

By insulting your fellow blood kin and ally?



I am not trying to slander GB. I am saying what would happen if Germany was nuked.

You directly said that GB was weak, tell me that is not slander.



Firstly, I am 17. Secondly, I don't use this slogan.

I am 17 too and guess what my generation uses that slogan and I am seeing the exact same traits my generation has in you.


[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Then you would not have said GB was weak nor ANY country was weak.
If you where simply saying what would happen if Germany was nuked then you wouldnt have made the comments you made.

I was saying that if the source of the nuclear attack was a weak country GB or Pakistan, they would be reduced to rubble. I didn't just say that GB is weak.

Originally posted by devilwasp
You directly said that GB was weak, tell me that is not slander.

That is not an insult, that is an opinion.

Originally posted by devilwasp
I am 17 too and guess what my generation uses that slogan and I am seeing the exact same traits my generation has in you.

I don't use this slogan.

[edit on 26-8-2005 by AtheiX]



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
I was saying that if the source of the nuclear attack was a weak country GB or Pakistan, they would be reduced to rubble. I didn't just say that GB is weak.

Yet again I say, GB is not weak.
You said GB was a weak country please take it back.
PS, The UK would never launch an attack ON germany.



That is not an insult, that is an opinion.

Its insulting me, my countries citzens and the actual country.



I don't use this slogan.
[edit on 26-8-2005 by AtheiX]

Sure as hell looks like it.



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

PS, The UK would never launch an attack ON germany.

That is another matter.

Originally posted by devilwasp

Its insulting me, my countries citzens and the actual country.

That is not an insult, that is an opinion. If I said "Your country is stupid", that would be an insult. Saying that a country is weak is not an insult.





new topics
top topics
 
0
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

log in

join


Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum