It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Threat to 2nd Amendment

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

I love how these guys fall for this EVERY SINGLE TIME!

It cracks me up how they get their panties in a twist.
That's what a lot of people said to those who believed Hitler was trying to take over the world.

What can I say? Sometimes people need reality to slap them in the face before they realize what's happening.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
Anyone conferm this? From like a REAL UN document?

If true I would start getting worried about that NWO stuff.

No, it is just a hoax.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by HauntWok

I love how these guys fall for this EVERY SINGLE TIME!

It cracks me up how they get their panties in a twist.

That's what a lot of people said to those who believed Hitler was trying to take over the world.

I call Godwin - ergo you are wrong and lose

and of course Hitler WAS trying to take over the world....

What can I say?

Perhaps you could say something like "It's a hoax and disinfo"?

Sometimes people need reality to slap them in the face before they realize what's happening.

If you think that a hoax can tell you what is really happening then I have a bridge to sell you!!

this is disinfo - I wouldn't be surprised if the next complaint from eth rabid gun crowd (as opposed to the sensible gun crowd) is that it's a false flag.....but history (since you are so keen in Hitler) tells us that pretty much all hoaxes of this nature come from the fanatics opposed to what the hoax supposedly suggests.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

No, it is just a hoax.

Yeah but you know they want to.
2nd

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

no.

I don't think they care about your guns.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Big bore air rifles are easy to make and do not need powder or primers. they can fire easy to make round ball.
www.pyramydair.com...

Right now is the time to get a big bore air rifle while there are few laws and no registration rules in most of the US.

If someone want to try to take away guns a big bore air rifle has some advantages like no flash at night.

Great for taking out the gun collectors if you can catch them alone at night

Take them out and take there guns.

www.beemans.net...
www.beemans.net...
edit on 14-8-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by Bassago

no.

I don't think they care about your guns.

Yes actually they do. From the WSJ.

Even before his most ambitious gun-control proposals were falling by the wayside, President Obama was turning for help to the United Nations.

But the new treaty also demands domestic regulation of "small arms and light weapons." The treaty's Article 5 requires nations to "establish and maintain a national control system," including a "national control list."

Obama's United Nations Backdoor to Gun Control

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

That's another example that has nothing at all to do with personal ownership of weapons - the treaty is about the international trade in arms - not domestic.

Do you have anything except hoax and disinfo to offer??

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

What part of "domestic regulation of small arms and light weapons - requires nations to establish and maintain a national control system including a national control list" do you not understand?

Obviously your comprehension skills are suffering. With all due respect go have some more koolaid.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago

What part of "domestic regulation of small arms and light weapons - requires nations to establish and maintain a national control system including a national control list" do you not understand?

Obviously your comprehension skills are suffering. With all due respect go have some more koolaid.

If you go to the actual treatyand read the entire context of Article 5 that includes those words then you will find that the domestic regulation and control system referred to are for the regulation and control of arms sales internationally.

Here's the whole text of article 5, note particularly para 5:

1. Each State Party shall implement this Treaty in a consistent, objective and
non-discriminatory manner, bearing in mind the principles referred to in this Treaty.

2. Each State Party shall establish and maintain a national control system, including a national control list, in order to implement the provisions of this Treaty.

3. Each State Party is encouraged to apply the provisions of this Treaty to the broadest range of conventional arms. National definitions of any of the categories covered under Article 2 (1) (a)-(g) shall not cover less than the descriptions used in the United Nations Register of Conventional Arms at the time of entry into force of this Treaty. For the category covered under Article 2 (1) (h), national definitions shall not cover less than the descriptions used in relevant United Nations instruments at the time of entry into force of this Treaty.

4. Each State Party, pursuant to its national laws, shall provide its national control list to the Secretariat, which shall make it available to other States Parties. States Parties are encouraged to make their control lists publicly available.

5. Each State Party shall take measures necessary to implement the provisions of this Treaty and shall designate competent national authorities in order to have an effective and transparent national control system regulating the transfer of conventional arms covered under Article 2 (1) and of items covered under Article 3 and Article 4.

6. Each State Party shall designate one or more national points of contact to exchange information on matters related to the implementation of this Treaty. Each State Party shall notify the Secretariat, established under Article 18, of its national point(s) of contact and keep the information updated.

sorry dude - you've been lied to again.

I accept your apology in advance.
edit on 14-8-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
IMO, the nudge toward disarming the vast majority of gun owners in America is already in the works. The plan is to use the UN to do the "dirty" work. If Obama signs the UN Small Arms Treaty and our gutless wonders in Washington, aka, the Senate ratifies it, watch out!

I think protecting our 2A and preventing the constant push toward weakening it is one of THE most important issues facing us today.

When it's gone, We The People will no longer be citizens of this great country, but rather subjects of the government.

Read the UN's "fine print" and twisted wording.....read between the lines....download the actual draft...listen to what is being said...pay particular attention to Articles 2, 3, 4, and 12.

www.un.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

OK here's what I see in this "treaty."

Mindful of the legitimate trade and lawful ownership, and use of certain conventional arms for recreational, cultural, historical, and sporting activities, where such trade, ownership and use are permitted or protected by law

One of the reasons for democrats huge push for an assault weapon ban and leave us with Biden's shotgun.

1. This Treaty shall apply to all conventional arms within the following categories:

(h) Small arms and light weapons.

Self explanatory.

3. This Treaty shall not apply to the international movement of conventional arms
by, or on behalf of, a State Party for its use provided that the conventional arms
remain under that State Party’s ownership.

International arms dealers get a pass. Whoops for Fast and Furious, Libyan rocket launchers and small arms to Syria.

Article 10
Brokering
Each State Party shall take measures, pursuant to its national laws, to regulate brokering taking place under its jurisdiction for conventional arms covered under Article 2

New laws to track every gun sale also wanted by the democrats.

Record Keeping
3. Each State Party is encouraged to include in those records: the quantity, value,model/type, authorized international transfers of conventional arms covered under Article 2 (1), conventional arms actually transferred, details of exporting State(s), importing State(s), transit and trans-shipment State(s), and end users, as appropriate.

Gotta track all those Glock's, CZ's etc. and now they have a reason.

I'm not going to go on, plain and simple I don't trust these "folks" one bit, nor Obama and his herd of sycophants. If you want an apology fine, sorry I responded to you in the first place.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

OK here's what I see in this "treaty."

Mindful of the legitimate trade and lawful ownership, and use of certain conventional arms for recreational, cultural, historical, and sporting activities, where such trade, ownership and use are permitted or protected by law

One of the reasons for democrats huge push for an assault weapon ban and leave us with Biden's shotgun.

Huh?

Right away you quote a piece that says it doesn't apply to private ownership oif whatever arms are legal in the county implementing it, and somehow you still think it does??

1. This Treaty shall apply to all conventional arms within the following categories:

(h) Small arms and light weapons.

Self explanatory.

3. This Treaty shall not apply to the international movement of conventional arms
by, or on behalf of, a State Party for its use provided that the conventional arms
remain under that State Party’s ownership.

International arms dealers get a pass.

Nope - that's what "state party ownership" is about - state ownership - countries are allowed to trade conventional arms.

Whoops for Fast and Furious, Libyan rocket launchers and small arms to Syria.

Essentially no different from now - countries get to trade arms between each other - but private companies - your "arms dealers" do not get o trade to countries.

Article 10
Brokering
Each State Party shall take measures, pursuant to its national laws, to regulate brokering taking place under its jurisdiction for conventional arms covered under Article 2

New laws to track every gun sale also wanted by the democrats.

Nope - again it is talking about brokering arms sales between countries - nothing at all to do with domestic arms ownership.

Record Keeping
3. Each State Party is encouraged to include in those records: the quantity, value,model/type, authorized international transfers of conventional arms covered under Article 2 (1), conventional arms actually transferred, details of exporting State(s), importing State(s), transit and trans-shipment State(s), and end users, as appropriate.

Gotta track all those Glock's, CZ's etc. and now they have a reason.

Only for INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS - like it says right there in your quote - nothing to do with private ownership

I'm not going to go on,

Indeed - I can understand that, since you are making such an obvious case that this treaty has nothing at all to do with ownership of weapons by private citizens!!

plain and simple I don't trust these "folks" one bit, nor Obama and his herd of sycophants. If you want an apology fine, sorry I responded to you in the first place.

You should apologise to your parents and teachers for wasting all the effort they put into trying to teach you comprehension skills!!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You should apologise to your parents and teachers for wasting all the effort they put into trying to teach you comprehension skills!!

Like to make things personnel much? Believe me I'd love to talk to my parents again but that time is long past. So I'll tell you what, we'll disagree on this topic, that won't change. You go on believing in the UN and our ever untruthful leaders and I won't. EOL

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

No, it is just a hoax.

OH REALLY?

Please explain this video if it's a HOAX.

This is opening the door to all kinds of international agencies in our business. Nothing good can come of this.

edit on 15-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

No, it is just a hoax.

OH REALLY?

Please explain this video if it's a HOAX.

the arms treaty is about the INTERNATIONAL TRADE in arms and has nothing at all to do with domestic civilian ownership or trading - read up from my message 2 or 3 above.

The constant reference to this treaty as some sort of threat to gun ownership in het USA is a lie - pure and simple.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Like to make things personnel much?

Pot meet kettle - remember this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So I'll tell you what, we'll disagree on this topic, that won't change. You go on believing in the UN and our ever untruthful leaders and I won't.

Except we weren't; actually discussing the truthfulness or otherwise of the UN or your leaders.

We were discussing whether or not that particular treaty applies to domestic arms ownership.

and it doesn't.

So how about you stick to the topic instead of running away behind a strawman. It's ok to be wrong about something.
edit on 15-8-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Yeah. Alex Jones.

Frankly, I have no doubt at all that TPTB have the ultimate goal of a complete and total ban on firearms but trying to prove it or get anyone to care about it is just pissing in the wind.

First of all, they obviously don't care if people know what they're up to. They'll just lie about it and do the usual ducking, dodging and slipping, slithering and sliding. You'll never get anything but a protracted argument out of liberals on this subject. Not a single one of them will ever change.

Here's the thing - LIBERALS KNOW THEIR REPRESENTATIVES WANT TO BAN GUNS AND THEY WANT IT TOO.

They know lying, deception and all sorts of dirty tricks will be required and they will do anything they can to assist in obfuscation of the obvious....up to and including completely ignoring anything you could ever possibly do or say. It would not matter one bit if you could get Obama to stand up and admit it on global television.
edit on 15-8-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

the arms treaty is about the INTERNATIONAL TRADE in arms and has nothing at all to do with domestic civilian ownership or trading - read up from my message 2 or 3 above.

First of all, the POTUS cannot enter into an international agreement without congress.

Second, as I said before, this is opening the door to all kinds of international agencies in our business. Nothing good can come of this. We have ALL THE LAWS WE NEED. We certainly don’t need the arse-kisser-in-chief to sign us up for more.

Do you really think there is no global agenda at play here???? If so, you’re naïve. That's sad coming from someone who has supposedly been 'denying ignorance' as long as you.

edit on 15-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

First of all, the POTUS cannot enter into an international agreement without congress.

Well, first of all, it isn't like any of these people are acting in our best interest or any of that noise. If he needed to, Obama certainly could and would bypass Congress and thumb his nose at anyone who had anything to say about it. But he doesn't need to. They're all in this thing together.
edit on 15-8-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join