It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a patriot and I love the United States of America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Bleeding for your country doesnt make you patriotic. Being a patriot is about loving your fellow human being,no matter what color or religion. You can debate till your face is blue about either one of those basically we are human. Being a patriot is helping those people though thick and thin, helping at home. Then realiseing that home is not quite home anymore, and doing your service here.

Fighting for anothers greed, so it can in turn screw you in the long run, and have you kill by the way, is not being a patriot. Its getting tricked. You were tricked big time, through one war or another, its not about the American's freedom. Its about the freedom of America, which is represented by a corrupt government, who in turn enslaves its people.

You were there, because corporations would love you to die for their greed, and they wont send their kids or brothers there, nope. Just us poor people, and yes I have been poor, but not easily tricked into a war for a government who cares less about me and more about over seas oil.

So yes I will bitch about this country, but not the troops who have been tricked and brainwashed. You just didnt see the big picture. Im not angry at all, that a normal reaction from you.

Peace to you.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Great accomplishment living on the public dole all your life. Never assuming the risk of making it here in the real world, actually believing expending your life in the Military was an honorable living. Well . . . I was in the Army during the Vietnam War ( I either went or they would have thrown me in prison, because it was the law). I guess I did not see the romance or the patriotism you have sought to embellish in this thread. But I guess when others do the dying and make the supreme sacrifice (you know the real patriots who had to be there and never had a choice) a person can believe they deserve the designation of "Patriot".

Patriots do not fight undeclared wars for multi-national corporations as is being done in the Middle East. Patriots do not hide out on the government dole, all their working lives and enjoy the protections and the rewards which come with that service that are paid for by those of us who assumed the risks here in the real world. It appears you expect a life in "public service" to be appreciated, by those who have been gutting it out here in the real world most of their lives.

Well you need to know, that by making the decision to live like kept cattle (fed, housed, medicated, and clothed) at other citizens expense is not in fact honorable at all. It is a "waste of life". So you may be a Vet, so am I and the VA provides my hospital and medical care, and I do not see you as anyone other than a person who chose the easiest path in life, instead of blazing your own trail, and expending your most important asset . . . your life . . . assuming the risks and hardships that come with taking the path less traveled.

You know the last Patriots we had that thought as you thought, were chased out of this country to Canada by my ancestors who fought in the Revolution. They were called Loyalists. Adios Amigo. John

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thank YOU for your Service and Focus.
That video really reminds me of the Decisiveness of "The Gipper".
Keep up the "Good Fight"!

Best Respects to You and Yours. S&F

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

sir...well said.

Im glad you and people like you are on this earth.

I was watching videos of reunions of military men and women coming home or leaving yesterday......it was painful to watch....must have been hell to live through though.

a sacrifice that most don't even think to...but is not cheapened at all no matter the vile words and actions of lesser people who have never done a thing for others.

I wouldn't even limit my gratitude to just our brave men and women who literally live for and die for our country.
Every patriot in this nation who does with the good of his heart and in their own way to better his people's situation .....they have my thanks and my support.

so say we all.

edit on 13-8-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by crazyewok

Such negativity.

I will throw my hands up and admmit I being a negative nelly. I guess I just got the impression some here think it will last forever. Think of it as a splash of cold water.

Th Has America been beneficial to the world?

Sure has.
But that beneficial side has been dropping off since 14th august 1945 and since 2001 has been none existant.

The first nation to outlaw slavery.

Please tell me you did not just say that!

Britain abloshed slavery in 1833 with the process starting a fews decades before hand in 1813.

The USA 1863

....... So yeah......about that.......

The home of women's rights.

Voteing rights

USA 1920

UK 1918

So yeah about that too..........

America... home of the Industrial Revolution,

Erm I think you will find that in every history book that is UK too.

America... the land of opportunity, where a poor kid can take an idea and mix it with hard work and add a dash of innovation to become whatever they wish to be, a place where the poorest of the poor, even the homeless and the destitute, are wealthy in the extreme compared to the poor from other places around the world.

Actually same thing in UK at least since WW1.Some of the Worlds most famous million and billion Airs started there lives in the UK desitute. Richard Branson being one such example, infact I read somewere a million air per population is higher (thoulgh almost slightly) than the USA. So its not exactly "unique". Rare for the world and special but not unique.

. Thanks to America, you no longer live or die at the whim of a King you never had a chance to accept as your ruler, but rather was forced to accept because of a birthright.

Actually the UK took all the powers from the Monarch in 1649 after our civil war. Since then the Monarch here is just a puppet.

Its a common misconception that our monarch was responsible for the War of independance. It was actually our democarticaly elected (well UK elected) parliment that decided on screwing America over.

So yeah .....sorry no kudos for that as the first colonists were only just arriveing...

. And it is all possible due to the sacrifice of those veterans you still despise so much.

Not the ones right now.

So what have you done to make the world a better place?

Helped develope a diagnostic kit that can detect certain blood cancers 25% faster and more accuratly than the test my compnay put out before hand

Check out all the hsitorical facts I posted. And I dunno how you got 2 stars while I typed this as about 80% was completly cray cray wrong
Please if your going to love your country AT LEAST LEARN ITS HISTORY!
edit on 13-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Ignore the blind patriots what few of them there are at this point.

These people are as good as dead. The government will use these people in the future as fodder for the next meat grinder.

IT ALWAYS WORKS THIS WAY, like a clock

before the dictator(s) falls, the fodder is sacrificed before them

These people don't have much time left, 5 years tops

Honestly if you research the collapse of countries, it follows undeniable path.

You can research small scale demise of small countries and large scale like Rome, or Nazis or Stalin's Soviets

Before the head of the snake is chopped, the left and right hands (blind patriots) are chopped first.

It makes sense because opposition has to cut the bodyguards to get to the Boss
edit on 13-8-2013 by AnyoneSeenJustice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Who told you to? I certainly didn't...

One can be a patriot and love one's country without serving a day in the military. I am. I do. I didn't. Now I am am Air Force brat, and a sibling/cousin/friend of many who did...

I don't agree with the direction our country is headed. Nor do I agree, or support any longer, the wars in the ME... But I'm not going to blame Semper, and others like him, who serve. Or maybe not them solely... I save the majority of the blame for the people who can't be bothered to be involved in making sure Semper and others like my brother, sisters, and cousins, and friends don't have to go to far off places and kill and be killed.

I blame people much like you. I blame people much like me. Those of us who lack men and women like Semper who at least have the courage of their convictions.

Don't like the fact that Marines, and GI's are in far off places as a result of policies you don't like? Well then, do something other than whine at them over the internet.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Just because im not off slaughting arabs dosnt mean i dont have courage of conviction......

There are plently of ways to have courage in ones conviction.

I just dont woship the TPTB and there pawns and will die for that if needed.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I will never understand the reasoning that because patriotism CAN be used for corporate profit that ALL patriotism is then inherently evil....

what do you people think is more useful to a globalist minded corporate entity? A people with a strong sense of identity that will fight tooth and nail to preserve their identity and idiosyncrasies or a nameless and so utterly programmable people they can mold along the way acording to their needs.

does patriotism get used to get soldiers to fight wars? sure....it isn't the only reason for patriotism.

patriotism has existed long before corporations and globalist agendas ever did.

it is a sense of love for your people and your home.....key word here is LOVE.

anyone saying that is a bad thing is just following the leader here.

all patriotism is IMO just the extension of loving your family and your home so as to incorporate neighbors and your home in a general sense. That is natural and good for all.

can it be misused? sure...so can your love of your family.....you aren't going to stop loving them though just because someone CAN make you fight for your mother or siblings ....

So maybe our sense of patriotism and even our country has been usurped ...what do you do? throw your god damned hands up and turn on a fellow citizen who has the correct sense of patriotism which is beneficial to all his people? No god damn it...you fight back and take that crap back.

It is ours and always has been. We are what patriots we say we are and demonstrate we are TO EACHOTHER.

The corporate world can not and will not take away our sense of love for our people and our home. That is beyond their capability ...but it is not beyond our own. They need for us to lose sight of who we are in order for us to change to what they need us to be.

We are patriots in the corect sense of the word. Don't stand against us for that. Patriots, real patriots stand for unity, solidarity, companionship, sacrifice and above all LOVE.

DONT buy into the propaganda meant to divide us. already so many of our people hate their own brothers and sisters for loving their people and their home. When will you say enough and stand up for your family....your AMERICAN family that needs you. Not to fight her wars, luckily we still have brave men and women to defend our home...but our family needs you to be there for everthing else...especially in these hard times.

be a force of unity and cohesion for your people ....don't forget who you are....who WE are together.

Be a patriot. However you chose. It is a wonderful thing. We will stand with you as brothers and sisters.....sons and daughters of our nation. Never alone, never divided. No matter what. That is what being a patriot is to me.

You define it....DEFINE IT.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I'll throw in my two cents on this one.While I really do feel honored that there are people like you willing to lay they're lives on the line for the rest of us.As an American I feel its my responsibility to make sure that there was a real threat to the people of the U.S.Believe it or not,it takes both sides of us to make this country balanced.If someone is laying they're life down,I want they're life to have meaning.I want if they should die and break they're families hearts,that there was a GOOD reason why it had to be done.Otherwise it is a senseless loss of life.

Going out and fighting 'wars' that do nothing but line the pockets of Politicians and Corporations is not a good enough reason. That is over money and money comes and goes.Wars should ONLY be fought over principles ,such as if we were attacked,another country tried to take us over,the U.N. decided to annul our bill of rights.I'm not totally against war,it just has to be justified.There are always civilian causalities during war.How do you explain that you are doing this for your country when they plainly haven't attacked us?

We need strong people like you who go in and do the 'dirty work' when necessary,but this has become a way of life for our gov.

There is corruption in the highest halls of gov.as we speak,yet our Army doesn't protect us at all from them.Where are you?If our politicians give the order to attack and kill us so we don't stop the corp. from hurting us will you open fire on us?You need to think about that.The day may come when you are given such an order.What will you do?I hope Kent state taught us something,but I'm not holding my breathe.

While doing what you are told to do remember that it is the politicians that are trying to strip your benefits right out from under you while you are fighting they're wars.

I don't hate you because your a soldier,I don't hate you for any reason at all.I hate the politicians that are pushing the corps. agenda that is NOT in the U.S.' best interests.They have taken over our gov and are running into the ground.And no one does anything,now its too late to stop them.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

edit on 13-8-2013 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2013 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

how can we be genuinely united as a world at any level if we can not even accept national unity without mockery?

is the thought of a united people so offensive? Why the knee jerk reaction?
....."merica F yeah"....nice.

Do you mock your mother for loving her family? or your neighbors for being concerned for you?

Patriotism IS unity.....so because it has been perverted at some level you give up on all those people who are patriots in the correct sense of the word?

why? Do you see no point? Is it really a lost cause? Even if it were .....is it not the fight that makes us and our endeavour noble?

wars and soldiers aside......this is about YOUR PEOPLE......the world starts with your neighbors .......and your country the same way your community starts with your family and your circle.

I think it a little crass to mock those who would count you important to them and consider you part of an extended family no matter who you are as long as you are one of us.

we make the distinction of "the Government" not "the people"........thats the problem....

well patriotism is about the people and not the government as well.......IT IS LOVE OF US BY AND FOR US...

why mock that?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I will throw my hands up and admmit I being a negative nelly. I guess I just got the impression some here think it will last forever. Think of it as a splash of cold water.

No offense, but it looks like wishful thinking from where I sit. I'm sure I'm not the only one with that impression.

Sure has.
But that beneficial side has been dropping off since 14th august 1945 and since 2001 has been none existant.

I cannot argue with that. But it seems to me the proper thing to do would be to restore what has broken rather than just scrap the whole thing... unless you scrap your car when you get a flat tire.

Britain abloshed slavery in 1833 with the process starting a fews decades before hand in 1813.

The USA 1863

Britain abolished slaves in British territories in 1834.

The USA prohibited importation of slaves in 1807.

Voteing rights

USA 1920

UK 1918

Full voting rights for all women on par with men was not instituted in Britain until 1928.

Erm I think you will find that in every history book that is UK too.

Eli Whitney
Alexander Graham Bell
Henry Ford
Nikola Tesla
George Westinghouse
Thomas Edison
Benjamin Franklin

I will admit that the first Industrial Revolution's beginnings are attributed to Britain. But the bulk of the inventions that came out of the Industrial Revolution are... American.

So its not exactly "unique". Rare for the world and special but not unique.

Still something to be proud of.

I noticed you skipped the part about contributions to charity... can't really blame you though.

Actually the UK took all the powers from the Monarch in 1649 after our civil war. Since then the Monarch here is just a puppet.

Actually, British history from your civil war until around 1800 or so (I believe, if memory serves) is a continual struggle between the powers of Parliament and the powers of the Monarchy. Today, the monarchy is a puppet, but during that period it wasn't always so.

Not the ones right now.

What makes the soldiers from days of old venerable and the ones from today so heinous? Today's wars are actually less bloody than wars once were. At one time, men were not only killed on the battlefield, but many died SLOWLY, over hours and even days, from wounds and neglect. During the War of Northern Aggression, not only were soldiers killed, but the elderly, the women, and little children were indiscriminately killed and tortured. Yet, I respect the soldiers from that war which did not involve themselves in the atrocities, and I place the blame for an improper war exactly where it belongs: Abraham Lincoln, the United States Congress of that period, General William Tecumseh Sherman, and to a slightly lesser degree, General Ulysses S. Grant.

NOT all Union soldiers.

You see things that are minor comparatively today, and blame the soldiers, when the real culprits are not risking life and limb. The soldiers of today are doing exactly what the soldiers of yesteryear did: following orders in the belief they are defending freedom. If someone at the top echelon is giving improper orders, that is the place to lay the lame.

Or do you get angry with the clerk when the prices in a store are too high?

Helped develope a diagnostic kit that can detect certain blood cancers 25% faster and more accuratly than the test my compnay put out before hand

GREAT! Fantastic! Thank you for your contribution.

Now, what's next on your agenda?

Please if your going to love your country AT LEAST LEARN ITS HISTORY!

I have.... may I suggest you study yours?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Love your post OP, one good smack to these ATSer haters, they have becomed delusional with conspiracy, I am one with them, but not to the extreme extent of hate. The US is here to stay an thats what angers them. Good hunting, I applaud you good sirs.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I used to be a “patriot.” Very patriotic, actually. I proudly followed my father’s footsteps and joined the Navy. I wanted to accept the responsibility that I felt I owed to preserving the freedom of my fellow Americans. I believed in the principles and ideas behind the United States Constitution. I still believe in the Constitution. The only thing I would change about it today is the Electoral College, because I believe the need for the Electoral College was based on the slow communications technology of the time, so today it’s not necessary.

However, I believe there is one thing that trumps the Constitution, one thing that trumps patriotism; it trumps the church, any religion, or even God. That one thing is truth. I left the church when I was told that I shouldn’t question the will of God. And I cannot, in good conscience, continue to give my loyalty to the government of the United States when they have lied to the American people in the past and continue to do so today.

What the United States government did to the Tuskegee Airmen, and many, many others, is a matter of public record. After looking into the events surrounding the USS Liberty, there is no doubt in my mind that the US Government conspired with Israel to sacrifice those sailors to give us an excuse to join Israel’s war against its Arab neighbors. The Gulf of Tonkin was another proven false flag perpetrated by the US Government that resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands of American soldiers. And to top it off, it has been proven that the CIA was importing drugs into the US from South America, often times through military bases, against the will of the commanders of those bases.

These are not the actions of a government that values truth or integrity. Maybe I’m a dinosaur; a throwback to a time long gone, or maybe never existed at all. But I would like to believe that things like truth and integrity are the future of humanity. If the United States can’t lead the world in promoting these values, then we are just another empire whose rise and fall will be noted in the history books. No different than Greece, Rome, Persia, Britain, Germany, or countless others.

This goes beyond loyalty to any particular country. If the destiny of humanity is in the stars, then we should be able to bring our best qualities with us. If all we have to offer the universe is lies, deceit, murder, and slavery, then maybe it’s better we all just perish on this little rock.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Just curious, do you consider Paul Revere an American patriot or a British traitor?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I never asked for your "service". and yet you rudely assume acceptance of a gratitude which was never given by stating that you are "fighting for me". I hereby wish to un-thank you. and to kindly ask you to stop fighting.

I know you think that you are affording me my freedom. but at least the founding fathers were aware that all freedom is endowed by our creator.

I cannot wait to live in a world where the small minded disease of nationalism is long gone.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Thank you, Semperfortis. I needed this today.

I needed to remember once again why I too am a patriot.

I needed to be reminded of the service and sacrifice of those who made it possible for me to be a patriot. I am a patriot because others have fought and defended and created and built this nation that is like none other in history.

This is what makes me so very proud of the people, character, and innate goodness of the United States of America that I have no other choice than to be a patriot.

I thank you for what you have done wherever it was, whenever it was, whatever it was. Because of Americans like you, I Am A Patriot.

Truly…

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Semper, I have a lot of respect for you. You are the one who made me feel the most welcome when I first joined ATS

That said, I wish I could feel the same way about this country that you do, but I can not. There are some things I love about this country, other things I hate. At times I am embarrassed by my country. The sense of pride, just isn't there. Yes, I am glad that I am here and not in many of the other countries, but I also see other countries excelling in areas where we are failing.
This country has me very discouraged right now because I don't like where we are headed.

Please know that in no way am I trying to say that I don't appreciate what you and others like you have done for our country. I wish I could feel the way you do, I just can't.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I see some flaws to your Patriotism. The real message you're indicating to us is "I love my Country even if my government commit crimes"

As you wish.

Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious. - Oscar Wilde

edit on 14-8-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join