learn more

I am a patriot and I love the United States of America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+39 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I am a patriot. I love my country with all of my heart and all of my soul. I love my country so much, I have devoted my life to serving her; well at least the last 33 years.

I have given my sweat, blood and tears for her and sacrificed financially, emotionally and physically.

I would do it all again.

I believe that the stronger my country is the more others will respect her. I do not believe in capitulation, negotiation or apologetics when it comes to the foreign affairs of my country. I believe we are a country founded on the principles and morality of God and the farther we stray from that, the worse off my country becomes.

I believe in the Pledge of Allegiance, In God We Trust and the principles of a Representative Republic.

Now some on here would say that is wrong. Some would have you believe that I am a bad person because of the way I feel. I care little about their opinions as my beliefs are based on a life traveling the world, a life fighting for justice and a life dedicated to these United States. Most if not all that will decry my life, my beliefs and my opinions have not done one tenth of what I have; they have not “walked the walk” yet are free to “talk the talk” because of my service and the service of those just like me.

I grew up poor. More poor than most of you can comprehend or even understand. Yet I grew with guidance from my Grandmother that was sure and strong. With discipline that was swift and fair. Being taught that if I believed and worked hard enough, I could be anything I desired. I desired to serve my country, and I have.

Now some of you from other countries may feel the same. Some may have even done, felt and experienced the things I have. I applaud you one and all as brothers. There can be more than one strong brother in any family just as there can be more than one strong nation in this world. Respect is all that is required; and it is required as is strength.

For those of you that are either upset by this post, aggravated or angered, I suppose my message is this. There is no way I can ever make you understand how ridiculous you sound when you spout off against my country and have never lived a life to be proud of. You have never given enough of yourself to make your opinion matter. I am sorry if this offends, but it is the truth. You must be prepared to die for something you believe in before your words have any meaning, and not just prepared to die in your basement in front of your keyboard.

Oh your opinion matters. It matters to those that are dirty, hot and sweaty; more tired than you have ever known and yet pick up their rifles and go back to work. It matters to those that are lying on the side of some trail, bleeding and wondering if the medics will arrive in time. Matters to the one rappelling from the chopper into live fire thinking of his wife and children back home. OH you matter all right; it is because of you they are there. The “you” that hates the government. The “you” that believes the government is evil even though you voted that government in; if you even voted. The same “you” that believes our very government was behind September 11, Pearl Harbor and every other terrorist act in recent history. That there were no planes and a missile hit the pentagon and every other ridiculous conspiracy your mind can imagine behind your safe little keyboard. It matters to me every day I strap my gun on and go to work, knowing the reason I must wear a gun is the same reason I may kiss my wife for the last time this very morning.

So yes, I am a PATRIOT. I have earned the right to be a Patriot.

The only question is this….

Have you earned the right to criticize me?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Great words

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I too am a patriot and love my country.

However, I have serious reservations about my government.

While it may have started out as a force for good, it has been infiltrated. It is now controlled by lobbyists, special interest groups and those who covet control and power.

Domestically, our freedoms are being systematically eliminated.

With regards to the military and foreign intervention, the history is undeniable.

From Pinochet and the copper mines in Chile to the overthrow of Guatemala via the United Fruit Company to Operation Ajax in Iran, and everywhere in-between, the military and CIA have a well documented history as international enforcers for profit.

I have to reference US Major General Smedley Butler and his expose, War is a Racket:

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested.

Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

Other than the "sell" or the lies/propaganda used to sacrifice lives for profit, nothing has changed.

The same “you” that believes our very government was behind September 11, Pearl Harbor and every other terrorist act in recent history. That there were no planes and a missile hit the pentagon and every other ridiculous conspiracy your mind can imagine behind your safe little keyboard.

Ironic that this is being said on a website for conspiracy theories. Twice as ironic that its coming from a mod...

Though I shouldnt be surprised. ATS members (especially new ones) seem to love the establishment mantras, which often makes me wonder, what they're doing on a website for conspiracies.

Deny ignorance.

edit on 13-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I'm tempted to say....

yaaaawn....

Go...fetch...kill...!!!!

Can you do tricks?
Like roll over...or something.

ups...I just did. Here's hoping the irony does not fly over your head.

On a serious note...I feel so happy if you are fulfilled by your role...

Your country's rich depend on fine upstanding men like yourself...to do their dirty battle for them.

Waiting to be flamed

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I am not anymore.. I was in the National Guard before active duty Army and our motto was "rape kill pillage and burn" which was a *joke* at the time but I do not see it funny anymore.

Gs

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GermanShep

very funny joke indeed...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I am not offended by what you write - but I do disagree with most of it. But I understand what you are saying, and given the background you described I can imagine why you feel the way you do.
I am not a man of faith, but do think that pride is a sin nevertheless. I think patriotism is illogical, divisive and exclusive - and it saddens me that you would blindly devote your life to a country who allowed you to have such a poor upbringing.
But as I said to begin with, I do understand why you feel the way you do.

I've never liked it when military people say that they did what they did for my sake. Cause frankly I never asked them to, and had they asked me, I would have told them not to bother.

If in some smothering dreams you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil's sick of sin;
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,--
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori.

Wilfred Owen

Regarding your question I would argue that no one is above, or at least no one should be above critique. I've tried to make a virtue out of only complaining about things that I feel I have a sound alternative to, and I do feel this is the most healthy approach. But freedom of speech is important, and whoever wants to criticize has my blessing.

edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Love that Smedley Butler geezer...he tells it like it is. And you can't get much better than...hearing the truth. However ugly it may seem.

Love the word..."racket"...yes it is.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Noble sentiments .. well spoken ..
not my place to judge anyone ... but when I see evil and corruption in the world I will speak out against it .. seen far too much over the years .. put far too many back together that were victims of it and buried even more that were killed by it .. for them I will speak out against evil and those that perpatrate it .. live with nightmares of what Ive seen so yes I have earned the right to speak out .. maybe one day humanity will grow up ...

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Everything that you have stated is not "patriotic" it is in the human condition to be a part of something more then themselves.

You have adopted a notion that patriotism is a source that can only come from standing "up" for your country but this in my opinion is false.

Patriotism, is calling crap when its crap, and the more "patriotic" you are the less you stand with the herd, and the more that you promote what its really all about.

Its not about a flag, a chant, a song, or a symbol. Its about what you feel in your heart for every human being on the planet that we all reside on. Enjoying your country does NOT make you any more patriotic then a person in Iraq that feels the same about their country.

The US has not solely taken this word and counted it as their own (well, Ill strike that as it may have copyrighted it somewhere) but those that stand in front of a flag, or singing an anthem of which they do not understand the meaning, or a flag that they hardly know how many stars are on it, or a person on the street getting a look in the eye by a rich person has, as soon as American"s" learn what they stand for, maybe they should sit and learn first.

Peace, NRE.

edit on 13-8-2013 by NoRegretsEver because: spelling

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I've always wondered about how some will give unconditional loyalty. Especially when the institution in which they pledge unconditional loyalty clearly works against the interests of everyone, in general, that operate underneath that institution.Unfortunately, for myself, my loyalty is not unconditional. You need to prove to me that you're doing the right thing, not just profess such intent. The more I look around the more I tend to notice a need to reserve my loyalty under very strict conditions, as to not do so will only work against the interests of the people who are unable to effectively fight for their own.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I do not believe in capitulation, negotiation or apologetics when it comes to the foreign affairs of my country

I believe we are a country founded on the principles and morality of God

God says "love for yourself what you love for others" in any single religion.

So , this is not god you believe in. In fact it is the god you like to define.

And the part that US was found to act as god wanted , think again. It was GWB who said "god told me to invade Iraq in a rose garden"

These skull & Bones , masons , illuminatis and all savage killers do believe in god ,too.

But their god does evil sometimes.

And the truth hurts that US has oppressed many people out of it's borders.

And in the last line.

There is hope only for those who take the pain of truth to get free , others are imprisoned under their bigotry and hate.
edit on 13-8-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

You sure are impressing NSA and US government with your OP. But you are not impressing ATSers I assure you, no matter how many stars you get from the team

Bottom line is you are saying 9/11 official story is real, you NEVER looked at building 7 implosion

You are basically a blind patriot, a pawn for those who care not if you live or die, and in fact would like to see you dead long term.

Every country in the world has people like you, Hitler had them, they were called brownshirts
edit on 13-8-2013 by AnyoneSeenJustice because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Good speech at least up until this part.

OH you matter all right; it is because of you they are there. The “you” that hates the government. The “you” that believes the government is evil even though you voted that government in; if you even voted. The same “you” that believes our very government was behind September 11, Pearl Harbor and every other terrorist act in recent history. That there were no planes and a missile hit the pentagon and every other ridiculous conspiracy your mind can imagine behind your safe little keyboard. It matters to me every day I strap my gun on and go to work, knowing the reason I must wear a gun is the same reason I may kiss my wife for the last time this very morning.

This part shows you are not the least a patriot but rather a person who thinks the government should never be questioned. Patriots fight for their nation not their government. After being in the ME for so long and all the lies that have been exposed how can anyone think they are fighting for the American people? They are fighting for oil companies and the military machine it has nothing to do with the safety of the American people.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Just sound like a brainwashed vet

those of you that are either upset by this post, aggravated or angered, I suppose my message is this. There is no way I can ever make you understand how ridiculous you sound when you spout off against my country and have never lived a life to be proud of.

The people who 'spout off against' your country are the people whose houses have been bombed and children have been blown to pieces and classed as collateral damage. The others who speak against americas crusade are the people who voice their opinion because they want justice for humanity and know what is happening is completely wrong.

You have never given enough of yourself to make your opinion matter. I am sorry if this offends, but it is the truth. You must be prepared to die for something you believe in before your words have any meaning, and not just prepared to die in your basement in front of your keyboard

We have had enough taken from us to have an educated opinion on the matter, rather than your fabricated justification to cause injustice to people who have done nothing wrong. I'v given more to the word sat at my keyboard than you have with your rifle buddy. I'v educated people, changed peoples thought process for the better, I'v helped local protests behind my keyboard - I'm more of a humanitarian warrior than you can even start to imagine. Do not belittle the power of us keyboard warriors, we are very educated in our specific line of interests and have a strong committed group that we can rely on when it comes down to giving for the better.

Oh your opinion matters. It matters to those that are dirty, hot and sweaty; more tired than you have ever known and yet pick up their rifles and go back to work. It matters to those that are lying on the side of some trail, bleeding and wondering if the medics will arrive in time. Matters to the one rappelling from the chopper into live fire thinking of his wife and children back home. OH you matter all right; it is because of you they are there.

All that for corporations, good job buddy hold your rifle high and blast them heads off for corporate power. Good job buddy
(Sarcasm)

The “you” that hates the government. The “you” that believes the government is evil even though you voted that government in; if you even voted. The same “you” that believes our very government was behind September 11, Pearl Harbor and every other terrorist act in recent history. That there were no planes and a missile hit the pentagon and every other ridiculous conspiracy your mind can imagine behind your safe little keyboard. It matters to me every day I strap my gun on and go to work, knowing the reason I must wear a gun is the same reason I may kiss my wife for the last time this very morning.

And then theres you, who doesn't question anything. Your the kind of person who questions people, not ideas - you have it totally wrong. Question what your doing, who for and what is their agenda.

When was the last time a civilian agreed with what your saying? You will find that your not fighting for the majority of your country, you're fighting for a minority that is either as brainwashed as you or benefits from the Wars & lies your leaders are causing.

Side note:

This goes for most countries, I don;t want to come accross as I'm just bashing America when they're all as bad as each other, that's why I'm no longer patriotic. I care about humanity as a whole, not just my country.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I've never really been a patriot. I'm too passive. However, maybe if there were more passive people than aggressive people, the world wouldn't be in such a mess. Passivity is the way forward not aggression and chest thumping. We've had enough of that. I'm happy not being a patriot it just leads to nationalism which leads to hatred of other folks from other countries.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnyoneSeenJustice

Bottom line is you are saying 9/11 official story is real, you NEVER looked at building 7 implosion

How in the world did you connect connect THAT to what he said???

It's no secret at all that I butt heads with most of the Conservatives and right wingers on ATS from time to time, Semper included - but putting words into the mans mouth is poor form.

Without skirting 9/11 forum rules and derailing this thread into territory that it doesn't need to be in, no matter what he personally chooses to believe about any given singular incident has no bearing upon his overall political views.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Originally posted by AnyoneSeenJustice

Without skirting 9/11 forum rules and derailing this thread into territory that it doesn't need to be in, no matter what he personally chooses to believe about any given singular incident has no bearing upon his overall political views.

How in the world did you connect connect THAT to what he said???

Well OP did say he didn't believe in any of the 9/11 conspiracies, and made it clear he doesn't like anyone who does. In fact, he is saying that because of their believes exclusively, their opinions have not merit to him.

So when you say:

"no matter what he personally chooses to believe about any given singular incident has no bearing upon his overall political views."
Do you think that that only applies to people criticizing your buddy, or should he have to follow that same logic?

I wouldn't call it bottom line he is saying that 9/11 official story is true. But he is defiantly saying that it is.

The same “you” that believes our very government was behind September 11, Pearl Harbor and every other terrorist act in recent history. That there were no planes and a missile hit the pentagon and every other ridiculous conspiracy your mind can imagine behind your safe little keyboard. It matters to me every day I strap my gun on and go to work, knowing the reason I must wear a gun is the same reason I may kiss my wife for the last time this very morning.

Personally I don't think there is any conspiracy in 9/11. But that is not really the point anyway.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I am Luciddream and I AM CANADIAN!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I do want to thank everyone that has replied.

Both negative and positive, you have substantiated my beliefs and further supported how I feel.

Your posts have shown I did not miss a thing.

So thank you all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join