It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a patriot and I love the United States of America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I to love my country and wouldn't be any where else in this world. "America, America god shed his grace on thee. "

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You are free to have that opinion,
I agree with death before dishonour, but as for the rest of what you said, it sounds like a brainwashed diatribe.
There is nothing patriotic about killing innocent people in THEIR own countries in the name of YOUR freedom.
There is nothing patriotic about blindly following a regime without question.
It is your PATRIOTIC DUTY TO QUESTION GOVERNMENT and to defend against enemies both foreign and DOMESTIC, your government being a very big part of that domestic.
Notice the word DEFEND.

It is dishonourable to not question a control structure that throughout history has time and again grown into a dictatorial behemoth. Control always seeks more control, you are the gatekeeper to how much of that control the government takes. Now that is your duty.
Never forget its FREEDOM that you are supposed to be fighting for, not a government or a political ideology or a corporations bottom line.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Im Speaking metaphorically. You take an oath to protect the constitution of the united states of American from both enemies foreign and domestic.

As the Constitution is systematically dismantled at a parabolic rate, limited speech, dismantling of the 2nd amendment, unreasonable search, seizures, and wiretaps, denial of habeas corpus through NDAA, and an over bearing federal government taking over all aspects of city, county and state laws. Are you protecting the constitution of the United States? Have you failed? As I see it, the constitution as it was written over 230 years ago is not the same constitution we have today.

edit on 13-8-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trubl
I to love my country and wouldn't be any where else in this world. "America, America god shed his grace on thee. "

O brother

I hate it when they bring god into this.

I dont think god gives a flying dam about the USA and view its as just another of the many superpowers that have risen and fallen over human history.

Chances are in 1000 years the USA will be nothing but a page in history next to the British, Spanish and Roman Empires under the chapter of great powers of European origin. And whatever the power of that time be it the Empire of China or the United Federation of the Congo will be claiming they are the country blessed by god

edit on 13-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Funny thing is I am in no way religious
I just love that quote. But of course you are free to express your opinions as am I. I just love my country as does the OP.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Trubl

Fair do's

But my point stands is that the USA isnt "special".

I garentee it will fall. Most likley not in our life times. But 100/200/300/1000 years it will. And if history has taught me anything the next power will come from a random place as its always does be it a Country of rebels not wanting to pay there taxes trying something new(USA), a wet insignificant Island (UK), a munch of drunks living in tents (Mongolia), a city state liveing next to the all so advanced ancient greece (Rome), a bored monarch of wanting adventure (macedonia) or a desert people forming a empire (Perisa)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

“Nationalism is our form of incest, is our idolatry, is our
insanity. 'Patriotism' is its cult... Just as love for one
individual which excludes the love for others is not love,
love for one's country which is not part of one's love
for humanity is not love, but idolatrous worship.”

― Erich Fromm, American Psychologist

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Of course, it will fail. They all do, sooner or later.

What's your point??

link   

What's your point??

link   

What's your point??

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Yes. USMC 1967-1970.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

My point is thinking your special or rah rah flag waveing and blind support of one goverment is pointless. Its just peeing into the wind of history. May as well use your time to do something else.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Hear a song called Greatest Country by Ian from the album "Don't Be Afraid"
about this [color=gold] Englishman's feelings about America, you'll be shocked.
Set against scenes of Los Angeles California.

MIke
edit on 13-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Maybe the idea is, hopefully, a springboard to something better yet. A continued improvement, despite the "dips". Trending higher, even more ideal....

Your personal apathy reflects your nation's ending.

Waxing philosophic is balm of those who have already lost.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

A heartfelt thanks
to all who have served.

Mike

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwtrucker

Maybe the idea is, hopefully, a springboard to something better yet. A continued improvement, despite the "dips". Trending higher, even more ideal....

Yeah that. Not blind support and ignoreing the mistakes of your goverment.

You know what the USA is the USA not the UKA (united kingdom of America)?

Because people like me (like minded indiviuals that live in the USA) queastion the govement, buck its ideas, look for its faults.

The people standing 100% behind america today and blindly signing up to fight in illegal/ immoral wars are the same sort of colonists who in 1776 would have donned a redcoat because you must "support the Troops" and stand behind the govement (UK parlimet).

Your ancestors queationed things and realised things were crap and the goverment going the wrong way. So instead of staying obediant for the sake of loyalty (there a reason the many american that fought for Britain were called loyalists
) they changed things.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy

Hear a song called Greatest Country by Ian from the album "Don't Be Afraid"
about this [color=gold] Englishman's feelings about America, you'll be shocked.
Set against scenes of Los Angeles California.

MIke
edit on 13-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

Im an englishmen, and I think the greatest gift to mankind(not just americans) is the constitution and the bill of rights. It is mankinds greatest achievement so far in trying to afford equality for all and restrict control of government over-expansion. The next best thing is the Magna Carta. So for that reason alone its one of the most valuable acheivements to be protected at all costs.
The constitution hasnt failed, the people have failed to adhere to the constitution and the bill of rights and have allowed it to become an irrelevance.
They put the government in charge of education, all that does is allow those that seek to control us, give us our world view. You cant adhere to a constitution if you dont even know its ramifications, or even if it exists at all.
You would let a police officer commit illegal searches and seizures because you dont know your rights.
You would be oppressed because you dont know where the limit to your own personal freedom is, at the liberty of some power crazed police officer whose had a bad day.
And worse case scenario, you could end up with some totalitarian state that kills all those that speak out against it.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I grew up with a father who was a vet of WW II and learned to love the values of the U.S... in that it was supposed to be a republic made up of it's citizens with respect for individual freedom foremost in it's make up. If the country was perceived as doing wrong, or headed in a wrong direction, it was incumbent upon its citizenry to speak up and change it with the blessings of the very government doomed to be booted out.

Lately, it is a tool of the privileged and is fast returning to the time of the "gilded age" when the corruption at the expense of the average was rampant. Though now the corporations at the helm are far more powerful and all pervasive through our institutions.

Our armed forces, once liberators and protectors, have been sublimated into a force for the monied (again).

It might not be as dire as some conspiracy theorists think it is, but the republic is a different beast now, one that is foremost a tool of enforcement and enrichment for a few, rather than the selfless force for righteousness and protection it was meant to be.

Times change and stay the same. Corruption cycles. But peoples' sense of honor is being used by bad people in the military industrial complex to further their ends and profit from constant conflict and oppression, rather than ending it. And that really sucks... even for the ones who think they're profiting from it.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I believe in the Pledge of Allegiance, In God We Trust and the principles of a Representative Republic.

You believe in songs and nothings. You bleed for lines someone once drew on a map. You fight for abstractions while you kill what is real.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Such negativity.

The United States may indeed fail one day, but there is a major difference between accepting that fact and urging it on. When you get a job, do you just quit because the job won't last forever? When you buy a car do you immediately send it to the scrapyard because it will eventually break down? Would you get married, and immediately after saying "I do" call a divorce attorney because the marriage will probably not last? According to your thinking, there's no problem with killing innocent people for money in a trumped up war; they'll eventually die anyway.

Everything in this world has an end. Even the Great Pyramid of Giza will not last forever, and is already showing signs of decay. The point is not to make something that lasts forever, but to hand to the next generation a world better than the one we found. Have we done that? Has the continual negativity toward the United States done anything to make the world a better place? Has America been beneficial to the world?

America... home of a nation of immigrants, accepted into society from all over the globe. The first nation to outlaw slavery. The home of women's rights. The battleground for struggles of all people for equality under the law.

America... home of the Industrial Revolution, once the birthplace of new technology and new ideas, the spawning ground for economic success, both for the wealthy and for the middle class, a class that didn't even exist in large numbers before we created it.

America... the land of opportunity, where a poor kid can take an idea and mix it with hard work and add a dash of innovation to become whatever they wish to be, a place where the poorest of the poor, even the homeless and the destitute, are wealthy in the extreme compared to the poor from other places around the world.

America... the center of charity, where people freely give time and money to help others around the globe, where countries get assistance in time of need, where food comes pouring out to feed those who are hungry, regardless of where in the world they are.

Yeah, we've got problems... we have some huge, massive problems right now. But thanks to America, Europe is no longer a class-based society. Thanks to America, tyrannical regimes have been suppressed. Thanks to America, you no longer live or die at the whim of a King you never had a chance to accept as your ruler, but rather was forced to accept because of a birthright.

I think we have made the planet a better place. And it is all possible due to the sacrifice of those veterans you still despise so much. So what have you done to make the world a better place?

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join