It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a patriot and I love the United States of America

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

Everything you see around you came about because of the sacrifices of others. Everything. Your career, your home, your family, your community, your town, your country... everything. Without the men and women who fought and died during WWII, Britain would be under German rule today; that is a fact. It is also a fact that the United States would probably have fallen shortly thereafter to the same fate.

Youre whole post was a pleasure to read but I think this was the most important part.

The sacrifice of those people DEFENDING their sovereign country is the most honourable of things a man or woman can do.
To lay down his/her life in the name of DEFENDING the very freedoms that allow the freedom of expression to criticise the very people that are protecting them.

And that is the single most honourable thing a person can do.
Any person that does that has my utmost respect.

But when they are invading other countries in land grabs and oil/mineral control with a total disregard for the "enemies" freedom, I thoroughly despise the people that would send them to do that in the name of freedom.

I think its only fair that the people putting their lives on the line for the most honourable cause know they are being used in that way. Its no wonder why so many vets are homeless & depressed & suicides, abandoned by the very "country" and army that they so valiantly put their lives on the line to fight for, and then only to find it wasnt freedom they were fighting for at all but the bank balance of a few already rich people.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Frankly the thing that got me about the OP post is his arrogance. What I read, and imo, it came off as such, and it also sounds like if you dont serve the military, you are a piece of #.

So that pissed me off pretty good. I dont know what he is going through or maybe some liberall hippie pissed him off, but it doesnt give him the right to take a # on everyone else. You served, good for you, but it doesnt make you better than anyone else.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerdurden1
Frankly the thing that got me about the OP post is his arrogance. What I read, and imo, it came off as such, and it also sounds like if you dont serve the military, you are a piece of #.

So that pissed me off pretty good. I dont know what he is going through or maybe some liberall hippie pissed him off, but it doesnt give him the right to take a # on everyone else. You served, good for you, but it doesnt make you better than anyone else.

That is one of the reasons I called him a meat head.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by biggm

I don't know man. You keep alluding to some deeper reasons for calling him a meat head.....

I think youre just making it up as you go.

Judgement passed is reason given. You don't agree is all and are slightly sick of people like him, or at least your own perception of people like him.

In the end your just sick of your own preconceptions ....or just sick.

Had he had the same sentiment and spoke of the idiocy of patriotism you may have applauded him.....

All I see is knee jerk reactions and judgements from the supposed "open minded" and "awaken" crowd.

in other words a mob mentality .......sheep as they LOVE say, being sheep.

meaty sheep.....

edit on 14-8-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Many including me have stated why his post is so unpopular, if you cant see why that is your problem.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by biggm

"unpopular " nice choice of words.......so you see my point....a mob mentality ....

edit:
if it was popular and phrased almost exactly the same way with only a few words being interchanged by your choice of "popular" ideas ,you would be applauding him....so the spirit is not an issue. You just don't agree

and so you judge HIM....not his mind.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
No, once again you are wrong and to be honest I have better things to do.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by biggm

just wrong?

nice intellectual and enlightening conversation with a non meat head......thanks!

very tolerant of you....

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Once again you are wrong, I have been up 17 hours and I am tired, but please read into it what you want.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by biggm

not tired enough apparently ......just wrong....ok

once again very tolerant of you.....no need to say a word about calling someone a freaking meat head or anything ...that is what intelligent and open minded people do......

you seem to only get tired or have to go when I ask you to explain yourself....interesting

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

If Meat Head is the best/worst most imaginative comment I receive on here

I'm perfectly comfortable with that

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You people cry support the troops ect

But what if a crowed of people marched onto that new NSA building in Utah to smash the compters and burn it down? Would you support the troops as they fire on these real patriots protecting there constitution?

What if a hunter in Colorada shoots down a drone like some there are planning. Will you support the Air force opening fire on them?

What if the military declared martial law in a city and started raiding houses like they did in boston without warrents and people resisted and opened fire protecting there homes? Would you support the troops as they open fire?

What if tomorrow 20% of your armed forces mutined and refused take part in any operation in the middle east? Who side will you support?

What if there is a civil upriseing/war and the troops are called in? Do you support the troops protecting your goverment?

So far those troops are chaseing goat herders and makeing life missrable in the middle east. But just because they are being missused 6,000 mile away does the distance really matter? Being missused is being missused and that the way things are going could end up on you door step.

The troops are a tool of the govement. And the Goverment is corrupt and does not have our best intrests at heart. The invidual soilder may not be evil but its master is. And so far the USA armed forces may as well be wearing redcoats right now.

The people who unqueationbly support the troops and/or its govemnet actions like the OP and proud to do the goverments will no matter what are not in my opinion patriots. They are loyalists. Patriots are the ones that question and demand better from those in power.
edit on 14-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman
reply to post by biggm

not tired enough apparently ......just wrong....ok

once again very tolerant of you.....no need to say a word about calling someone a freaking meat head or anything ...that is what intelligent and open minded people do......

you seem to only get tired or have to go when I ask you to explain yourself....interesting

Ive talked about it a lot today and I am tired and going to bed, if you think I am staying up to explain myself to you, you are very much mistaken, get over yourself, you are not important enough for me to loose sleep over.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggm

Ive talked about it a lot today and I am tired and going to bed, if you think I am staying up to explain myself to you, you are very much mistaken, get over yourself, you are not important enough for me to loose sleep over.

Seeing as only the Redneck seems to be the only one able to come up with any sensible reposne to my arguments I guess Im running rings round there minds right now

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Looks like it

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

We have got to put our opinions and feelings aside when it comes to what we think of another specific group. ALL Americans have got to come together to fight the good fight. Republicans, Democrats, conservatives, liberals, homosexuals, heterosexuals, Christians, atheists. ALL colors or and creeds. All Americans have got to unite under one banner. One flag. The American flag! Obama is just a puppet, and there are much greater powers at work pulling the strings. We need to put our energy towards the ones who really have the power. Congress, Federal Reserve, NSA, IRS, lobbyists, big business, etc... Our government wants to see us fighting amongst one another. We have got to stand together, or this great country will fall. If we don’t unite as Americans, if we don’t fight, the day will come where we wished we had. Our rights, our freedoms, are being taken away from ALL Americans.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
semperfortis, thanks for the post. All of us vets know exactly what you are saying and agree with you 100%, or most of us I'd bet. When we said the oath at enlistment, we signed a blank check to be spent as the USA deemed necessary. Unfortunately some of the brothers & sisters in arms had theirs cashed, God rest their souls.

I would venture to say all of the people flaming you have never put on a uniform and done what was asked and ordered of them for the service of others. I do not believe they have earned the right to criticize you. Only DI's have that right! Thankfully the majority of US citizens respect your & our beliefs and appreciate our service and sacrifice.

I just wanted you to know you aren't alone out here...hooah!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I am sorry but that is a bit of a straw man argument.

Of coarse we would love to kick some righteous ass doing the exact things 90% of the country would love to be done.......

but the fact you have such an issue /fear of the troops response shows how little time you have spent trying to understand them. Here in the US if you ask a soldier.....over 90% to not say all of them will respond with the sentiment of another person you may already know. They are people too with family friends and everything you love as well.

they wouldn't open fire on US citizens or like perform NAZIesq actions on us....that is a programmed bias you have in anticipation of something you fear. Ask yourself though who told you to fear these things? Why would they like for you to not get to know how soldiers really are? How would you having a skewed image of them serve someone?

because it is yet more division and so equals more control over you.

I bet you think all cops are jerks too who plug into their regeneration chabers at night like borg drones......

no dude. Think again.They are people too...YOUR PEOPLE. why would you blindly accept that there must be a division between that group of YOUR people and yourself.....?

Talk to soldiers....get to know them. They are not as you think they are. This is why extremes no matter how benign or passive are dangerous and destructive to a peoples cohesion and unity as a group.

no man is an island...remember that.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by blockhead
semperfortis, thanks for the post. All of us vets know exactly what you are saying and agree with you 100%, or most of us I'd bet. When we said the oath at enlistment, we signed a blank check to be spent as the USA deemed necessary. Unfortunately some of the brothers & sisters in arms had theirs cashed, God rest their souls.

I would venture to say all of the people flaming you have never put on a uniform and done what was asked and ordered of them for the service of others. I do not believe they have earned the right to criticize you. Only DI's have that right! Thankfully the majority of US citizens respect your & our beliefs and appreciate our service and sacrifice.

I just wanted you to know you aren't alone out here...hooah!

Of course we all have the right to say what we think, and think what we like,

thats the whole point of fighting in the first place.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Of coarse we would love to kick some righteous ass doing the exact things 90% of the country would love to be done.......

Then why not? Nothing stoped your forefathers?

but the fact you have such an issue /fear of the troops response shows how little time you have spent trying to understand them. Here in the US if you ask a soldier.....over 90% to not say almost all of them and they will respond with the sentiment of another person you may already know. They are people too with family friends and everything you love as well.

It not the individual....its the unit as a whole. Thats the thing. The armed foreces are the tool of the the goverment and what the is doing is wrong, The individual might not agree with what going on (though the OP seems pretty proud of whats hes doing) but they are guilty though lack of action, they are complicite in the goverments acts.

they wouldn't open fire on US citizens or like perform NAZIesq actions on us....that is a programmed bias you have in anticipation of something you fear. Ask yourself though who told yiu to fear these things? Why would they like for you to not get to know how soldiers reallh are? Why would you having a skewed image of them serve someone?

And what makes a American any diffrent from a German? They had familys and loved ones too and were not robbots. American, German, North Korean? We are all the same sacks of meat.

Look at the Kent State shootings? National guard fired on unarmed students. So yes they are capable.
Sure if a wide spread crack down happend I bet a number of serive personal would resign or fight back. But that what purges are for.

I bet you think all copa are jerks too who plug into their regeneration chabers at night like borg drones......

Nope. But cases of brutality are goind up and up. Make you think the good cops are slowly being shifted out. There certainly wasnt any mass police refusal to serach peoples home withou warrents in Boston was there?

no dude. Think again.They are people too...YOUR PEOPLE. why would you blindly accept that there must be a division with that group of YOUR people.....?

Because of history has shown me anything. Any goverment organisation can turn with a corrupt goverment. No country is immune. And at the momet we have rotten goverments in both countrys.

Talk to soldiers....get to know them. They are not as you think they are. This is why extremes no matter how benign of passive are dangerous and destructive to a peoples cohesion and unity as a group.

no man is an island...remember that.

Dont know what that means but blindly going along with the herd is how Goverments seize control.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join