It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution backed up by Hoaxes and Desperate Lies

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSunApocalypse
It's either you're a creator or you're a puppet to the forces of nature, judging by your replies, it seems like the latter and what's worse, you have no desire to try changing the pitiful position you find yourself in.
edit on 1-9-2013 by BlackSunApocalypse because: (no reason given)

Science and technology gives us the ability to control are lives unlike early man who had to worry about if they would kill something on a hunt or a drought would cause the local stream to dry up.They were truly controlled by nature and that is why they created gods for every thing the moon the sun water wind oh and lightening sound familiar? God is only used when dealing with the unknown.

God of the gaps if you will as science progresses we went from god creating lightening to understanding how its created.Rain same thing you no longer pray to a god for rain we know how it occurs and he isnt going to help. Then we progressed more science moves along we understand stuff here on earth but we still didnt understand the stars and planets why god made them.More time progresses and we realize hey were not the center of the universe we are one of many planets around many stars. God is again removed and then we hit some really big questions how was life created and the universe well god did it of course! now we have some theories and trying to prove them and no doubt eventually will have our answers. And then where will god be well he must have created space time or other dimensions. This is why religion considers science a threat because science educates people and allows then to understand the world around them and when its no longer mysterious we know god didnt do it! Attacking oh i dont no say evolution is nothing more then what religion did in the dark ages lock up and kill scientists and scholars because they didnt like the fact they were figuring out why things happened and it didnt involve god.

As closing statement ill say this if god exists hes doing a damn good job at hiding and being absent and allows the worst possible things to befall people massacres of Innocent people. Not to mention natural disasters killing thousands every year. If someone is powerful enough to create everything and does nothing isnt that in itself a crime? Doesnt he imply we are his children but yet he does nothing to save us.Any parent in the world would be willing to do whatever it took to save there children why doesnt god is he heartless?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Contrary to what you think, modern technology is actually a weakness, it allows us to wallow in our comfort zones, in truth, it's a source of comfort. Technology in itself is very limiting in the degree of comfort it provides, we can't rely entirely on technology, it could very easily be paralysed through power failure. I know many people are content with their limited ability to influence nature, but I am not. I believe that we as a human species can become something more, have to become something more. Look at Shaolin Monks for example, they display tremendous power through the fire of Chi, is that all there is to it? I don't think so. Such abilities are only a very small portion of our potentialities. We can become something more. To be born, to eat, drink, work and die is really just a meaningless cycle. Who wants to die without knowing where they are going? You see, life is a journey, and we are travellers, searching here and there for knowledge, yes, we look in books and find theories, what happens? We test those theories, and really, we are only playing with matter/energy. When we were born for example, we found everything here, nobody brought anything into the world and nobody can take anything out of it. But to be born and to die, come on, are we as a species really that weak? We can do better, who believes they can defeat death? That should be ones goal, to defeat death, for death watches us, he sees that we are blind and he snatches our lamps from us when it pleases him. Who wants to unmask death? It is necessary to become masters of ourselves. To focus on theories is really just tiresome. Many scientists see phenomena, they try to understand such phenomena but really, they do not. Why are we grounded like miserable worms on the face of the earth? Why can't we fly? All such things are possible in a universe of infinite possibilities. I will never become tired of asserting that we can become something more, at present, we are basically nothing, a stomach ache is enough to put us in bed, a tornado terrifies us. Why do we have no control? These things should always invite one to reflection. I have much more to say, but don't have much time now, I'll do so in my next reply.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I don't think god is heartless. I think God is everything. If the law of cause and effect are irrefutably true, then we all get what we deserve, even the innocent children who are killed, they get killed for a reason of which we obviously know not. Imagine that "innocent child" floated into a heavenly plane of existence after being killed and wallowed in indescribable happiness, while here we are, grumbling about the "innocent child" who just got killed. Everything happens for a reason, sometimes you "miss the sign" but end up in a better place than the one you initially sought after.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I don't think god is heartless. I think God is everything. If the law of cause and effect are irrefutably true, then we all get what we deserve, even the innocent children who are killed, they get killed for a reason of which we obviously know not. Imagine that "innocent child" floated into a heavenly plane of existence after being killed and wallowed in indescribable happiness, while here we are, grumbling about the "innocent child" who just got killed. Everything happens for a reason, sometimes you "miss the sign" but end up in a better place than the one you initially sought after.

Yeah a child created that would never reach there full potential and experience life. And we go right back to god works in mysterious ways i know heard it all before. See this argument only works to comfort people who lose loved ones and ask themselves why did you let my child be killed by a drunk driver he was only 4. See this leaves the parent with to choices they either realize god wouldnt do that and therefore doesnt exist or out pops god woorks in mysterious ways but there in a better place now. Well quite frankly its either a lame excuse for apathy on gods part or just maybe he isnt all powerfull what ya think???

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Your mind is God. Lol. Ever heard the saying "Your thoughts create your reality"? Well see, when you think positively for example, and I mean completely positive, you can be absolutely sure your heart will find contentment. Only negativity can hurt you, and put you in misery. Where your child goes is really what you THINK, see, if you KNEW your child is in heaven/ safe place, that your child is happy, would you cry? The only reason you cry is because you don't know, and not knowing is ignorance.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSunApocalypse

I'm sorry, but the vast majority of parents wouldn't give a toss about the spiritual condition of their dead child - they'd just want them to be alive again.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
The majority of parents wouldn't give a toss? I fully agree with you, that also lends credence to how ignorant the masses are. Lol.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The majority of parents wouldn't give a toss? I fully agree with you, that also lends credence to how ignorant the masses are. Lol.

Wow your a piece of work glad you find grief funny. So your so superior to everyone else because you figured out your god and can control the universe with thought. See why people might have a little problem with your theory well it contradicts rationality. And say things like that too often you end up in rooms with padded wall writing with crayons.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You are your own God, we all have our own "internal god". So really, you have to be master of yourself. Your body is YOUR vehicle, can I be absolutely certain in my affirmation that you pay more attention to what's outside of you than inside?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Of course my "theory contradicts rationality", for the natural thing for people to do is act mechanically, almost every person on earth is a victim of circumstance, when they are insulted, they insult back, when they are complimented, they are happy, when they are slapped, they slap back, when they are hated, they hate back. How can we be masters of ourselves when we're slaves to what other people think and do to us?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Your mind is God. Lol. Ever heard the saying "Your thoughts create your reality"? Well see, when you think positively for example, and I mean completely positive, you can be absolutely sure your heart will find contentment. Only negativity can hurt you, and put you in misery. Where your child goes is really what you THINK, see, if you KNEW your child is in heaven/ safe place, that your child is happy, would you cry? The only reason you cry is because you don't know, and not knowing is ignorance.

Let me get this right. You're saying that if, for example, a parent loses a kid then they should pretend that their kid is in some other place and is incredibly peaceful and happy? That pretending, or being positive as you put it, will ease the pain of their loss?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by helldiver
Let me get this right. You're saying that if, for example, a parent loses a kid then they should pretend that their kid is in some other place and is incredibly peaceful and happy? That pretending, or being positive as you put it, will ease the pain of their loss?

I think that that is indeed the crux of his argument.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Not really, to be pretentious is absurd, any rational person knows this. All I said is this, if a child dies, the parent really only cries through uncertainty. It would cause anyone grief if they were unsure of where their child is going. If a parent KNEW where their child would go, or is, they wouldn't be so distraught. It all depends on where the child is and whether a parent is aware of their childs location. To think positively does give one a degree of relief and contentment. To think negatively (in all it's manifold forms) will obviously increase ones grief.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Not really, to be pretentious is absurd, any rational person knows this. All I said is this, if a child dies, the parent really only cries through uncertainty. It would cause anyone grief if they were unsure of where their child is going. If a parent KNEW where their child would go, or is, they wouldn't be so distraught. It all depends on where the child is and whether a parent is aware of their childs location. To think positively does give one a degree of relief and contentment. To think negatively (in all it's manifold forms) will obviously increase ones grief.

You couldn't be more wrong. A parent weeps for a lost child not because they don't know where they are going but because they are very aware of where the child is NOT.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I am not a parent, so I wouldn't know. I'm sure it wouldn't be an unfair assumption to suggest that parents cry for a slew of different reasons following a child's death. I think it has to do more with loss than with uncertainty. Have you ever been in that position?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I've known parents that have lost children, and the last thing in the world they were thinking about is where their child was going. The fact is that someone that they loved more than anyone in the world has been ripped from them, and they are distraught. They want their child back, and have not spared a thought as to where that child is.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
They are very aware of where the child is not- you say... You mean, they are aware the child isn't with them? Of course they are aware of such. That's the first thing they are aware of when the child dies, but listen, that's besides my point. What I emphasized is, that if parents knew where their child is (good or bad) it could either cause them happiness or grief. I think to know is better than to be uncertain. And just to add, a parent can also grief if they KNEW their child was in a bad place. Agree?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The law of cause and effect attaches a sense of absurdity to "wanting them back" when everything happens for a reason, according to cause and effect. Grief related to losing someone- is just an effect generated by a cause (misunderstanding of cause and effect)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have lost loved ones yes, and no grief from my side. I had a positive attitude towards it, and understood that it happened for a reason.

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join