It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution backed up by Hoaxes and Desperate Lies

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSunApocalypse
Just because I don't see things your way doesn't mean I'm asleep. To deny the greater intelligence is to be asleep. Did I deny the greater intelligence? No, so I can't be asleep. If you concede to having life and admit to a life giving force, then of course it would mean you know little-to-nothing. I didn't proclaim to know everything, to proclaim such is the most foolish mistake a man can make, I am aware of the higher intelligence and my need to understand it better, are you? I don't want to read anything about your baseless theories of evolution being all there is, you most certainly know little about yourself, if not, can you prove otherwise? The least you can do is admit to a greater intelligence and seek to establish yourself in it. Pointless you being sarcastic towards me.

When you admit to there being a greater intelligence are you perhaps referring to the general population?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSunApocalypse

A greater intelligence?

What intelligence is greater than the inner self?

If God created us in his image, then we are that greater intelligence... no need to look externally,,, the "self" is it!

Then the only thing to understand is that there is a whole bunch of other "self's" out there that our "self" has an effect on (positive or negative)... just by existing.

In time the very nature and perception of the "self" changes, which is why we have a parallel thread of philosophy that accompanies humanity. We are currently battling with the tail end of monotheism, and are entering a new religious paradigm in the coming centuries. It's hard to say exactly what the next major theological approach will be, as there are a few contenders... but the overall trend seems to be towards collective theism, or interpersonal theism... where the focal concept is "the individual is just an extension of the universe/god or whatever new discoveries describe the whole mish-mash to be.

Cheers

edit on 29-8-2013 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
No, I am refering to the unseen, unmanifested force that gives life. The force is the greater intelligence. It pains me that people can't see or understand this.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
If God is perfect and created us in his image, you can be sure the world wouldn't be imperfect. Why are there so many wars? So much hatred? The answer is self-explanatory, society and the degeneration that accompanies it is a reflection of a degenerated self- which in truth is our lower, animalistic self. We have forgotten the Self/Image of the creator. If we "knew" such a self or image, we would definitely aim to understand it better and thus, through comprehension we would better able ourselves to reflect that Self into the world. But right now, it's evident we aren't. When we look at the "Self" you are referring to, we come to the logical conclusion that such a self or image is spiritual.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

No, I am refering to the unseen, unmanifested force that gives life. The force is the greater intelligence. It pains me that people can't see or understand this.

Surely thats a contradiction? An unseen, "unmanifested" force. If a force is passive then its not really a force is it!?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The force is unseen, my friend. It becomes imperative for you to comprehend that every atom has a force that moves it. Even the most infinitely minute particle has a force that propels.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

If God is perfect and created us in his image, you can be sure the world wouldn't be imperfect. Why are there so many wars? So much hatred? The answer is self-explanatory, society and the degeneration that accompanies it is a reflection of a degenerated self- which in truth is our lower, animalistic self. We have forgotten the Self/Image of the creator. If we "knew" such a self or image, we would definitely aim to understand it better and thus, through comprehension we would better able ourselves to reflect that Self into the world. But right now, it's evident we aren't. When we look at the "Self" you are referring to, we come to the logical conclusion that such a self or image is spiritual.

Because we traded the truth for a lie, fell from our perfect state and the world has falled with it. It's going faster and faster into chaos, and one day it will be fixed. I know you won't believe that, but that is why this stuff is happening. We chose to become as God and we fell. God gave us free will and it was our choice to do what was right or to follow a liar who hates both God and us.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

And which lie would that be?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Can you supply more than that? I have responded to many posts. I'd like to keep it all in context.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

Can you supply more than that? I have responded to many posts. I'd like to keep it all in context.

"Because we traded the truth for a lie, fell from our perfect state and the world has falled with it."

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

My friend. Life force is by no means a theory. It's a fact. Life force is that intelligence which gives "life" to everything in the universe. Life obviously defines the ability to fuction. So when something has the ability to function, it obviously needs a life force to govern that function. What I think is this, I think you find yourself in a horrible trap. You have by no means understood the intelligence of that which gives movement to every mechanism and function. There is a need to be less complex in your descriptions and more simplistic. What is life? And what is life without a life force propelling it? You have no way of extricating yourself from the position I currently have you in, any argument you throw forth will seem null and void. When this discussion between you and I have been completed. You will be convinced that there is a creator God.

* A crystal is a rather complex structure, it can grow in certain shapes and has certain aspects which set it apart from, say, a rock... has a crystal therefore a "life force" in it?
* Has a tree a life force in it? Obviously....a tree is considered life. So...has wood a life-force in it? It grows, so obviously it is alive. Has my desk the life-force in it? Because my desk is from wood. But...rest assured, I cannot really think as my desk being "alive".
* Has a sperm or a seed a "life-force" in it?
* Have plants a "life-force" in it? If yes, why are plants different to animals? Eg. why don't they have a brain..why don't they have a consciousness? (Assuming here)
* Has a river a "life-force" in it?
* Has a cloud a "life-force in it?
If the above two don't..explain why.
* Has DNA a life-force in it? A virus? (Not all agree that virii are actually considered living organism)
* Has a stone a life-force in it?
* Why are some things always getting their "life-force" but other things are excluded? Why, for example, would not rocks get a life-force and become living organisms? Why are rocks for all eternity damned to have no life-force?

I am astonished that you give a ultra-simple explanation about an alleged "life-force" where I could pull out a TON of questions which makes it obvious that such a simple explanation as a "life force" cannot even remotely explain what life is, how it came about etc.. .you are the one saying "there is a need to be more simplistic"....which leads me to believe you under-estimate the complexity of life? Because it's HARDLY as simple as you think it is.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

"Because we traded the truth for a lie, fell from our perfect state and the world has falled with it."

Thank you for quoting that. Yes, that is my belief. We traded our place for a lie that we could be as God knowing good and evil and in that day fell along with creation into chaos. You can have your own thoughts. It was asked why is the world so screwed up basically, and why would God create such a terrible system. God did not, but in our lack of obedience the problems followed.

So, I hope that clears it up. Lucifer lied and we have been dying ever since.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I wonder why we don't see these

You ***wonder*** because you don't understand evolution

Because if you would you could immediately come to MANY valid conclusions why such a creature "would not make sense".

For once, why would a creature have a large mouth and teeth but a small stomach?
Why would it have a large, heavy head and tiny chicken feet?
And 1000x other things which are extremely obvious WHY such a creature could have never evolved in such a way....why a bird-like animal with a tiny stomach would never had grown and developed a large mouth etc..etc..etc...

And this is exactly WHAT evolution is...what the words "evolve" (or adaption) actually mean..how beings today are how they are.

Edit: You are aware that your "impossible" creature respective it's non-existence is the best proof for evolution.
But of course, you are obviously one of those people who can only think as far as A) God B) "By Chance" - assuming that those who do not believe in Creationism attribute everything to "by chance". Which only is the exact opposite what evolution actually is. Evolution has NOTHING to do with chance. This is why your impossible duckator doesn't exist.

I could play this game even further:

If we assume an entity/intelligence/being having designed everything, he was not obliged in any way to design any creature perfectly.
He could have very well "designed" some odd creatures like the impossible duckgator and give it a means to actually survive, DESPITE its "nonsensical" attributes.
Why did that never happen?

Wouldn't actually an *impossible* living creature be the best evidence of creationism? I need to grin since you used the duckgator as evidence for your belief...which is probably the WORST evidence you could have ever picked to prove that everything was "designed". (The designer could have had ANY freedom to design what he/she/it wanted....but there is no such thing.)

edit on 29-8-2013 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

If I had to guess, I would say you have never applied any of your psychology classes to the Bible. The whole damned thing reminds me of a watered-down precursor to a James Patterson novel. All the criminal psychology and military tactics are there. Any FBI profiler worth their salt could tell you that this little game being played between the iconic god and devil of your precious scriptures is no different from the Republican and Democrat debacles that take place in America. In fact, you would probably be appalled at how easily you've been fooled by the most basic psychological tricks in history.

I have my own theories as to how the government is utilizing religion, but that's for another thread. Check out the links in my signature if you're interested.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

If I had to guess, I would say you have never applied any of your psychology classes to the Bible. The whole damned thing reminds me of a watered-down precursor to a James Patterson novel. All the criminal psychology and military tactics are there. Any FBI profiler worth their salt could tell you that this little game being played between the iconic god and devil of your precious scriptures is no different from the Republican and Democrat debacles that take place in America. In fact, you would probably be appalled at how easily you've been fooled by the most basic psychological tricks in history.

I have my own theories as to how the government is utilizing religion, but that's for another thread. Check out the links in my signature if you're interested.

You can take that approach, but I line up the bible with history and prophesy and see it all playing out. I won't call you an idiot for your view. I bet any good psychologist could turn any system into this good vs evil. At one time the world was in much more balance and yes religion has been used to control people, but it does not mean God is not real and that there is not truth to His creating us. It just means we are fully capable of turning the best things into evil to suit our own base needs,desires, and wants.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I see. So this is less about science and more about zealotry. That's all you needed to say.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The world has actually gotten much less chaotic over the years. Just look at the whole concept of tolerance for those who believe differently or come from a different background. It's hard to imagine that just 60 years ago African Americans were commonly treated as lesser humans. That's less than a full lifetime ago. It's changed much since then, and before then people were hunting evil magical witches and burning atheists alive. The world has become incredibly more peaceful since ancient times. Just 1000 years ago, public executions and torture were a normal part of everyday life. Things are improving, not getting worse. There is still ample corruption in many government organizations and companies, but there's no comparison to just a few centuries ago.

You keep slandering evolution, yet you believe that a loving god would punish millions of generations of people just because one guy who allegedly didn't have free will, used his free will to make a decision that god didn't like. So not only does he doom all Adam's lineage, he decides that still isn't enough and gets mad that people don't follow his every demand and decides to flood the entire planet killing almost everything on earth. Riiiiiight. That's WAY more logical than evolution.

edit on 29-8-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

The force is unseen, my friend. It becomes imperative for you to comprehend that every atom has a force that moves it. Even the most infinitely minute particle has a force that propels.

A clear cut case of Jedi-delusion.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Everything is made up of atoms, and energy is liberated from it. If matter becomes energy and energy becomes matter, you can be sure your desk contains energy (life force). The desk is made up atoms congested together. The life force is the fire inherent in all things. If you set the desk alight, the fire is liberated. That's why God is called Eternal fire. He is the fire you can't see, and yet he is there.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Jedi delusion? So saying a life force exists in everything is Jedi delusion? Please explain, don't throw around comments when you can't prove me wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join