It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution backed up by Hoaxes and Desperate Lies

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Originally posted by BlackSunApocalypse
I'm not complaining about anything, I'm saying that theories (false as they may be) are quite pointless.

Electron theory.....germ theory.....pointless? Know what powers your computer, ever been to a doctor?

Ya! what he said! And what about gravity theory? without it.... we would all fly off into space!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Sometimes I seriously worry that we are heading for another dark ages.

Threads like this aren't helping.. To see modern day, supposedly sane and educated (debatable) people actively celebrating a rejection of science and embracing superstitious nonsense...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry..

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Threads like this aren't helping.. To see modern day, supposedly sane and educated (debatable) people actively celebrating a rejection of science and embracing superstitious nonsense...

Makes me worry about are education system to be honest. How are you supposed to teach people that are unwilling or incapable of realizing whats fact and whats fiction. Maybe this is what television has created an entire group of people that cant tell the difference. And when confronted with scientific facts that are to amazing for them to grasp immediately decides they dont understand it so its not real.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I'm not complaining about anything, I'm saying that theories (false as they may be) are quite pointless. What's important is to reach for the facts, but the question is how, I'm sure you can tell me? Please tell me how THEORIES can stop and we, as "intelligent" human beings can understand something without attaching false labels to it. Will you?

In fairness BSA, I understand what you seem to be saying. I think even many so called "atheists" would agree there could be more to this whole thing. I wonder if you might not be confusing a philosophical problem, with a scientific one? There is plenty of scope for spirituality and there may even be the possibility of reaching higher truths for humanity. Surely this personal quest must be grounded in physical reality to begin with though, rather than belief in tall tales?

As the Dalai Lama seemed to say, if science is at odds with Buddhism, it could well be Buddhism that needs revising. Something very healthy about that.

Historically there can be quite a problem when people claim facts derived from such "superlative faculties" as you mention, without submitting to the genuine scrutiny that a process like the scientific one might offer.....the Inquisitors, Jim Jones, Sai Baba, Marshall Applewhite.....

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Historically the church persecuted those who challenged their dogma, intentionally or not. We may be glad those times are long gone, but then again all you have to do is look at some middle eastern countries where the seperation of politics and religion does not occur to get a taste of how the 'faithful' run things, with oppression, callousness and brutality. Religious dogma is the bain of humanity.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The gargantuan amount of theories are exactly the obstacles stopping us from perceiving "reality and facts". If our minds weren't filled with so many subjective theories, we'd see things for what they really are, we would perceive the objective reality that nature presents. But all well, if you wish to immerse yourself in theory, you may.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I believe that science (in it's true sense) and religion are one. There is a science for illumination. And what religions (in truth) demand is illumination. If everyone were illuminated, there wouldn't be so many problems in the world. It becomes evident that we are on the brink of a great catastrophe. The seas are rubbish bins, the poles are melting, the sub and top soil is being exhausted, wars are all over the place, in our very homes. Surely humanity is mentally unstable, abnormal. This is quite sad to say the least. And yet, people love their theories, they don't want to understand that theories are always inconclusive and that there really is a "truth" beyond this. If humans could only perceive that truth, peace would reign on earth, but alas, parents are content with sending their children to schools where their innocent minds become indoctrinated with theories which they themselves repeat like parrots to others.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I believe that science (in it's true sense) and religion are one. There is a science for illumination. And what religions (in truth) demand is illumination. If everyone were illuminated, there wouldn't be so many problems in the world. It becomes evident that we are on the brink of a great catastrophe. The seas are rubbish bins, the poles are melting, the sub and top soil is being exhausted, wars are all over the place, in our very homes. Surely humanity is mentally unstable, abnormal. This is quite sad to say the least. And yet, people love their theories, they don't want to understand that theories are always inconclusive and that there really is a "truth" beyond this. If humans could only perceive that truth, peace would reign on earth, but alas, parents are content with sending their children to schools where their innocent minds become indoctrinated with theories which they themselves repeat like parrots to others.

Ok here's a question:

How would you propose to identify and confirm the truth to the extent where it could be justifiably taught in a modern education system?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSunApocalypse

You are mistaking a scientific theory for a layman's theory. Scientific theories are backed by facts. A scientific theory is not looking into the sky and saying, "Well I think that star right there is inhabited by intelligent beings". It's "We have observed facts x, y and z via repeated experiments, and they confirm the phenomena ." Science and religion aren't even close to the same thing. There's no relation AT ALL. Science is a method of gathering facts, religion is a guess on why we are here and who put us here. They are night & day based on their concepts but can indeed work together. The problem is stubbornness in believing literal translations of ancient texts and that leads to 99% of all the evolution slander. Scientific theories on not inconclusive, they just don't know every single detail. Gravity, evolution, etc are all very much conclusive.

Is sending a child to a school any worse than indoctrinating them at home with religion and books that aren't even approved by the scientific community and people that make the educational materials? Home schooling is a much bigger problem as it leads to threads like this where people vehemently defend an outdated religion and attack science in support of pure guesswork and lies put out there by these die hard religious folk.
edit on 3-9-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I believe that science (in it's true sense) and religion are one. There is a science for illumination. And what religions (in truth) demand is illumination. If everyone were illuminated, there wouldn't be so many problems in the world.

The irony is that what you posted is just another theory to add to the gargantuan pile. Now, can you prove that it is the truth?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

What religion (in truth) has always demanded is subservience, your money and your common sense gone.

There is such a ring of familiarity about your new age spiel it could be called "the song of the charlatan". Not that you are one yourself, but it appears that you also might be doing more than a little parroting of your own.

An "illuminated one" too wise for theories, come to shine amongst the mental instability and abnormality of the spiritual paupers/proletarii? Before the "catastrophe"?

So before education was available, before people were able to be sent to school to be brainwashed, they perceived the deeper truth of existence and peace reigned on earth? Sounds about right.

edit on 3-9-2013 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
"Scientific theories are not inconclusive, they just don't know every single detail". That seems to contradict itself.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The truth can never be taught in a modern education system. Modern education systems were created to program people into slave labour. Everything children learn in school is subjective.

Prove it....

...your statement is full of absolutes. One thing I've learned in my many decades of life is that there are no absolutes. (and yes... I realize that that statement is contradictory)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the truth can only be experienced, when you forsake the lie and false science being fed to you, you will experience the truth.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Prove what? Please be specific.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
What religion (in truth) has always demanded is subservience, your money and your common sense gone..... Not true, religion never demands such things, the corrupt people who uphold such "religions" desire such things. If you didn't know, religion means "unity with the divine". And yes, the "truth" would definitely be known and understood if the minds of children (filled with so much subjective theories) were emptied and made clean for divine knowledge.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Prove what? Please be specific.

Prove that modern education systems were created to program people into slave labour.

Prove that everything children learn in school is subjective.

Prove that what you say has any foundation in reality....

Specific enough?

You know... ATS has standards for "Denying Ignorance". You're not going to get away with making definitive statements without some source or proof to back up what you say. If you think it's sufficient to come here and just offer your opinion with the expectations that everyone will just believe what you say, you're mistaken... and it honestly makes you look foolish.

edit on 3-9-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Unfortunately, the truth can only be experienced, when you forsake the lie and false science being fed to you, you will experience the truth.

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read on ATS... congrats!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Children are taught and indoctrinated to perform slave labour, that is a fact. Children are fed with knowledge which they're forced to believe is correct, they aren't under the slightest suspicion that what they are taught is false science. I don't need to prove that the modern education system isn't working, look at the state the world is in today, your idea of utopia? We only have the education system to blame.

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join