It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden Flood of Asylum Requests at U.S./Mexico Border

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I understand and agree with what you said. My problem is with many American's complaining about "there aren't any jobs because those darn Mexicans are taking them." I believe there is a reason why they work these jobs, because most American's don't want them or don't think it's worth their effort. I've seen many a migrant worker work their butts off for twelve hours a day and make 300 dollars which might not be much but it's still more than they would make back in Mexico. These are many of those that work at farms working the tobacco fields, cucumbers etc that most American's look down on. 300 dollars might not be much but it's still better than nothing.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Wow, the projected level of intolerance and racism in this thread is, revolting.

Seriously, I think you've managed to hit a new low ATS.

For a nation built on immigration, a lot of you need to rethink just how your family initially became American.

M.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Awesome ! ! !

Throw the race card !

For a country that was 'founded on immigration' wouldn't that make those law makers 'racist' for writing laws that made it illegal to come in to this country without permission ?

I agree some people have sunk to a new low, ok not really a new low just an over played card because they have no real arguments.
edit on 12-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

As a Hispanic man (although I American first and foremost) I don't agree. I haven't seen many racist responses or posts on here. What I have seen is people calling others who have a different view or may agree with a post being called racist. It's something I don't understand.

just my 2 cents

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
a lot of you need to rethink just how your family initially became American.

My Family came here legally.

No loopholes. Not illegally.

Learned to adapt, and learned that America is a great Country.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Its my understanding that the crime illegals do is from....wait for it...wait for it...Illegals.

Now then
If they are no longer illegals (documented, processed, etc) then you have a lot more control over them, no?

The biggest problem, the true reason of this BULLSNIP outrage is because once an illegal is no longer illegal, then they are protected by law, require minimum wage, and will hurt the produce and other industries that use illegal labor at criminal wages due to threats of being turned in.
So, to those whom want the things to remain the same, where we don't document the illegals, too flippin bad, you don't even know why you are against it (hint, your a programmed drone, damn zombies).

-from Florida. surrounded by Cubans...give them a decent wage and watch them outwork a native-

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

So did any of the people in the OP granted asylum.

What is everyone complaining about?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well that isn't true 'illegals' already receive all right's and privileges afforded to citizens where illegals can sue American citizens and win.

With exception to voting, and some say they vote anyways.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

So did any of the people in the OP granted asylum.

What is everyone complaining about?

From source.....

"They are being told if they come across the border, when they come up to the border and they say certain words, they will be allowed into the country," said a person who did not want to be identified on camera. "We are being overwhelmed."

The "process" is broken.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sellusnar
reply to post by neo96

I understand and agree with what you said. My problem is with many American's complaining about "there aren't any jobs because those darn Mexicans are taking them." I believe there is a reason why they work these jobs, because most American's don't want them or don't think it's worth their effort. I've seen many a migrant worker work their butts off for twelve hours a day and make 300 dollars which might not be much but it's still more than they would make back in Mexico. These are many of those that work at farms working the tobacco fields, cucumbers etc that most American's look down on. 300 dollars might not be much but it's still better than nothing.

Can't really argue that as there are quite a few Americans who think they are to good which creates a slave class.

Also with my understanding is they send most of their money back to Mexico.

I have heard that Mexico does not have any 'welfare' programs is there any truth to that?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

"They are being told if they come across the border, when they come up to the border and they say certain words, they will be allowed into the country," said a person who did not want to be identified on camera. "We are being overwhelmed."

The source is broken.

How do you come up to the border after crossing the border?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

The source is broken.

Semantics

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

From what I understand there isn't any kind of welfare, which is why many of them send money back.
edit on 12-8-2013 by Sellusnar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Moshpet

Awesome ! ! !

Throw the race card !

For a country that was 'founded on immigration' wouldn't that make those law makers 'racist' for writing laws that made it illegal to come in to this country without permission ?

I agree some people have sunk to a new low, ok not really a new low just an over played card because they have no real arguments.

Really? Did you stub your toe on it? The fact that the bulk of the thread is written in such a manner to incite a less than tolerant behavior among the membership of this site should have been your first clue. The fact that you leaped like you did just clarifies how racially charged and emotionally driven the topic is.

So yes, I am shoving it there, because clearly someone needed to step up and say people are crossing the line.

The fact you need to defend this thread by saying, "Oh look someone threw the race card..." and attempt
to deflect attention from the racial tensions this thread is encouraging, just verified the need for it to be brought out into the forefront.

Thanks for bringing the point that much clearer.

M.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

The source is broken.

Semantics

Yes, it is a quote and the person could have worded it wrong.

Doesn't change the fact that if they are granted asylum they are legal.

edit on 12-8-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I absolutely agree with you, Mexico was going to legalize some of them but
of course the U.S. used political clout to pressure them into not doing so, the
only way we will fix the Mafia problem we have it to legalize the black market
items they sell, i swear its like people forget alcohol prohibition even happened......

This War they so call it is based on such idiotic ideals, it not only does not
fix the problem it exacerbates it to no end, produces criminals with net incomes
of small countries and armies to fight for them...... There again those who
ignore the past are doomed to repeat it.....

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Really? Did you stub your toe on it? The fact that the bulk of the thread is written in such a manner to incite a less than tolerant behavior among the membership of this site should have been your first clue.

Then someone is willfully ignoring many comments in this thread out of their own intolerance.

The fact that you leaped like you did just clarifies how racially charged and emotionally driven the topic is.

Actually no it's not certain people are trying to make it 'racially' charged by insulting others.

So yes, I am shoving it there, because clearly someone needed to step up and say people are crossing the line.

Mean shoveling derogatory comments meant to inflame people oh I agree.

The fact you need to defend this thread by saying, "Oh look someone threw the race card..." and attempt

Who is the one who is going around calling people 'racist ' again ?

to deflect attention from the racial tensions this thread is encouraging, just verified the need for it to be brought out into the forefront.

Want to try again ?

Read this Post

Then try to spin that again.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
Really? Did you stub your toe on it? The fact that the bulk of the thread is written in such a manner to incite a less than tolerant behavior among the membership of this site should have been your first clue. The fact that you leaped like you did just clarifies how racially charged and emotionally driven the topic is.

Thanks for bringing the point that much clearer.

M.

The race card has racked up more mileage in the last 5 years than Air Force 1 has on round trips to Martha's Vineyards. The fact of the matter is that every liberal politician is salivating at the thought of opening the Southern floodgates under the guise that to not do so is mean, cruel and racist, but in reality it's all in order to secure votes. What's even more pathetic is that you blindly jumped on that bandwagon, because to refuse would gain you the title 'racist' and lump you in with people like me and many other posters. You in essence are watering down your own citizenship, cheapening it and making it something to be given away like a novelty gift.

Screaming 'racism' doesn't mean anything unless you have something substantive to offer afterwards and why you can't seem to understand people's objection to granting any form of citizenship to a group of people that snuck into this nation like burglars is beyond me.

It isn't racist to dislike criminals, which is exactly what illegal immigrants are, nor is it outlandish to demand they be rounded up and be shipped home on the next thing smoking.
edit on 12-8-2013 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Well that isn't true 'illegals' already receive all right's and privileges afforded to citizens where illegals can sue American citizens and win.

With exception to voting, and some say they vote anyways.

Wages...covered by minimum wage makes the difference between honest hard working people and employers verses a criminal enterprise feasting off the labor and threat of the illegal employees
As far as them having some basic human rights while being an illegal. I find it hard to make a case against it and not sound like a demon...so I don't. I can't fathom the sadness some have to not be able to randomly say, shoot illegals and not get punished, or other random crimes against them you can't do on regular citizens.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Wages...covered by minimum wage makes the difference between honest hard working people and employers verses a criminal enterprise feasting off the labor and threat of the illegal employees As far as them having some basic human rights while being an illegal.

Most of which is hyped up not to discount that does happen it is not as widespread as some like to make it out to be that has just become a political talking point to justify rewarding law breakers.

If the immigration laws were enforced there would be none of that happening.

I can't fathom the sadness some have to not be able to randomly say, shoot illegals and not get punished,

Interesting comment to make considering the anti illegal immigration supporters have not acted like the Native Americans and started shooting them, the people that pro illegal always love to play as victims.

r other random crimes against them you can't do on regular citizens.

You do know that quite a few illegal immigrants regularly commit crimes against US citizens..

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join