It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden Flood of Asylum Requests at U.S./Mexico Border

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
reply to post by Night Star

So your alternative is to deny Asylum to innocent people from those same rapists, murderers and thieves when it is obvious their own government is having a hard time containing the explosive violence just across our border?

That makes you the bad neighbor.
edit on 11-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

How many of these asylum seekers are telling the truth? We have violence here in America and poor people who are afraid to let their children play outside in broad daylight for fear they will get killed. We have elderly who no longer feel safe walking in their own neighborhoods. These poor people cannot afford to live in safe and secure places. Where is their asylum?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Everywhere in the world is violent, but at least the US tries to maintain some sense of order.
They might not succeed, but guess what, all those people you just mentioned have one thing on the mexican people victimized by the cartels.

They are not being beheaded and dumped on the side of the road in large numbers!
They are not being left to rot in mass graves!

Edit.
If you really want Asylum from your American overlords, then please go and ask for it!

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
here is a novel idea. instead of trying to claim "asylum", why don't they instead form a "militia" and FIGHT TO SAVE THEIR COUNTRY? go after those criminals and take them out. ask the US for guns, they seem to just love handing weaponry over to those around the world supposedly trying to fight for justice. or does the US ONLY give guns to criminal and terrorist organizations? even ask for military support, after all that was the whole reason units like the 'green berets" were formed in the first place to go in and advise and help those trying to overcome tyranny. i even bet if they started to ask for help many people from the rest of North America would go down to help fight. all it takes is the WILL to fight back and take back the country from the criminals. and the US SHOULD give all the help they need to accomplish this for a few reasons. for one mexico is supposed to be a "friend", and currently it is a friend in great need. the US seems to be going out of their way to help nations across the world, why not their neighbors? it would help secure the border regions from having those same criminal elements from continuing to cross the border to create may ham and kill. and as we all know the problem IS largely CAUSED by the US and their "drug war" which as we all know IS what has empowered and financially supported these criminals. so the US should be compelled to help deal with what they had a major hand in creating.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Originally posted by Night Star
For the open border group who thinks that anyone shoud be able to go where they want when they want to....
That means that is is perfectly ok for murderers, rapers, theives, pedophiles etc. to come into your country?
What lovely neighbors they would make.

Do we not already have a large number of Rapists, theives, pedophiles already living here? I mean I don't get what you are trying to prove? Do you seriously think that if we closed our borders and didn't allow any immigrants in legal or illegal then our problems would magically disappear?

Would it make you feel any better if someone was raped by a legal U.S. citizen?

for some odd reason I think it would.

Do you hear what you're saying? Your saying we already have criminals here which is true, but it's ok to add more when we have laws agains such things? Laws that could prevent such tragedies? If a child is murdered by an illegal who never should have been here had our laws been enforced, that child would still be alive today. Get it?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

But the cost in terms of the safety and lives of American citizens is even higher — indeed, incalculable. GAO found “criminal aliens were arrested about 1.7 million times, averaging about 7 arrests per criminal alien.” Their offense records were even worse: “A total of 2.9 million offenses, averaging about 12 offenses per criminal alien.”

And what were those offenses? GAO’s random sample of 1,000 criminal aliens found that half were arrested at least once for assault, homicide, robbery, a sex offense (such as rape) or kidnapping. About 50 percent were arrested at least once on drug charges. In New York, the primary offense for which aliens were convicted in 2008 was homicide. From 2005 through 2008, drugs, sex crimes and assault were the top three offenses for illegal immigrants imprisoned by states seeking reimbursement under the SCAAP program.

But many of these aliens had multiple arrests in their record (which raises the question of why they were
in a position to commit a second offense):

More than a quarter (28 percent) had six to 10 arrests.
Another 11 percent had 11 to 15 arrests.
3 percent had rap sheets revealing 21 or more arrests

www.heritage.org...

www.gao.gov...

www.gao.gov...

For our study population of 55,322 illegal aliens: * They were arrested at least a total of 459,614 times, averaging about 8 arrests per illegal alien.[Note 1] * Ninety-seven percent had more than 1 arrest. About 38 percent had between 2 and 5 arrests, 32 percent had between 6 and 10 arrests, and 26 percent had over 11 arrests. * Eighty-one percent of all arrests occurred after 1990.

www.gao.gov...

Want some more facts?

edit on 11-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Really? The Heritage Foundation? The Koch Brothers?
These are the guys we trust now?

You do realize that a lot of regular americans have been arrested more then twice right?
Would that not make the 40% you cited irrelevant?

But it seems a lot of posts ignored that this wasn't about illegal aliens.
It was about people seeking asylum from madness, torture and death.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

For the open border group who thinks that anyone shoud be able to go where they want when they want to....
That means that is is perfectly ok for murderers, rapers, theives, pedophiles etc. to come into your country?
What lovely neighbors they would make.

Do we not already have a large number of Rapists, theives, pedophiles already living here? I mean I don't get what you are trying to prove? Do you seriously think that if we closed our borders and didn't allow any immigrants in legal or illegal then our problems would magically disappear?

Would it make you feel any better if someone was raped by a legal U.S. citizen?

for some odd reason I think it would.

Do you hear what you're saying? Your saying we already have criminals here which is true, but it's ok to add more when we have laws agains such things? Laws that could prevent such tragedies? If a child is murdered by an illegal who never should have been here had our laws been enforced, that child would still be alive today. Get it?

So you'd feel better if that child was murdered by a legal U.S. citizen? alright got it

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantriQueptidez

Wait what?

I'm 'ignorant and racist' because I think people(everyone) should follow the law ?

That is what it means to be 'racist' in this country?

Who are the truly 'ignorant' ones I ask.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So are you going to admit you posted a hoax as "facts" then continued to mislead by talking about gang violence?

Or maybe you would like to explain how much easier it is to get arrested when you're an illegal and be convicted vs being an american citizen. Racial profiling ring a bell?

Your facts are void of reason. Just showing the aftermath of failed social policies in more than one nation.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No. Your racism shines clearly in your posts. You can't fool me, Neo. I don't fall for your weak minded trash.

I said, "likely". Unlike you, I don't have a need to deal in absolutes to try and manipulate and mislead weaker minds. I do note you twisted what I said for emotional support and for stars. Weak.
edit on 11-8-2013 by QuantriQueptidez because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I'm 'ignorant and racist' because I think people(everyone) should follow the law ?

That is what it means to be 'racist' in this country?

Damn.

I guess 3/4 of the United States is racist then.......Go figure.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Really? The Heritage Foundation? The Koch Brothers?
These are the guys we trust now?

You do realize that a lot of regular americans have been arrested more then twice right?
Would that not make the 40% you cited irrelevant?

But it seems a lot of posts ignored that this wasn't about illegal aliens.
It was about people seeking asylum from madness, torture and death.

Guess you clearly ignored the GAO links.nice political trolling though.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantriQueptidez
reply to post by neo96

No. You're racism shines clearly in your posts. You can't fool me, Neo. I don't fall for your weak minded trash.

Sigh.. Jeez this can go on and on but its not worth it. You cant even put a proper sentence together.

link   

link   

Originally posted by tadaman
reply to post by Wiz4769

this pisses me off to no end.

I am going through hell right now trying to get my wifes papers done and it is no piece of cake.

I have been alone for months.....will be for some more months......not to mention the money I am spending.....just to get my wifes papers done properly.

My kid is in another country and I can't even see her or send her here because I have to work so I can't take care of her.

People need to respect the law and show their intentions of being upstanding citizens to their adoptive country.

There is no reward for doing things correctly. only self satisfaction from a clean conscience .....I guess.

But...... Your racist for thinking like that, didn't you know?

/Sarcasm

link   
reply to post by plube

I disagree, when the country that takes my tax dollars
claims there are borders and anyone in those borders
gets a cut of my tax dollars, then the borders exist.

Otherwise my tax dollars would go all around the world.
Not just in one specific section with nice little lines around it.

I get where you are coming from, but that dream will never happen,
not on this planet anyway.
People are to defined, to labeled to do away with all borders and treat
it as one world, every country is guilty of it.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantriQueptidez

Really...

What facts do you want?

That the United States doesn't have a Immigration problem?

That the United States doesn't have criminal gang elements from Mexico trafficking drugs and killing people here in the United States?

That the people coming in dont care about our laws?

Here's Mexico Immigration laws.

Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony, punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to re-enter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six-year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals.

The law also says Mexico can deport foreigners who are deemed detrimental to “economic or national interests,” violate Mexican law, are not “physically or mentally healthy” or lack the “necessary funds for their sustenance” and for their dependents.

Mexico’s illegals laws tougher than Arizona’s

Wheres your ANGER at that?

There is none apparently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join