It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden Flood of Asylum Requests at U.S./Mexico Border

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
So what happens if a thousand give the same story everyday for months?? I think most people in Mexico could very well have the same fear of drug cartels. Strange 200 in one day but as word spreads, this will be increasing.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

i work hard and recently lost my home.
can i come live with you at your house,
in fact i have a tent and could stay in
your back yard. i and my 12 year old
son would only need to use the bathroom
and shower.
please?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wiz4769

Sudden Flood of Asylum Requests at U.S./Mexico Border

www.breitbart.com

At the Otay crossing near the San Diego border last Monday, about 200 people coming from Mexico gained entry to the United States all using the same key phrase; they claimed they had a 'credible fear' of drug cartels. According to KSAZ FoxPheonix:
(visit the link for the full news article)

I clicked on this thread expecting to hear about Americans trying to escape the NSA and drones.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Most you guys acting like all these illegals just want to come for a better life and are just fine and dandy obviously do not live in a border state, where you really have to deal with this. And for the others that think they do not get all sorts of perks are clueless..

My wife is a counselor in one of the top school districts in the state, has been for years from elementary to high school..These people come here, with a kid that cant speak english, no papers what so ever, none. She has to work herself like crazy to throw some sort of plan for these kids, and they let them come to the school, you cant ask for legal status for them or their parents, against the law...They get full paid lunches, clothes, school supplies and they even provide a place for them to stay after school as their parents cant come get them most the time. The list goes on, and this is in ONE school, hundreds of them. And they pay nothing. I chose the city we live in, me and my wife work hard so our kids can go to these schools, and I pay for their kids to go as well I guess...sounds fair...

Also, stop mixing legal immigrants with illegal to cloud this issue and force your "race" card. I already stated Texas is mixed with mexican heritage and I like it. There are plenty of hard working legal immigrants that do their part to contribute to society and not just take what they want and laugh at the stupid Americans.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
Yes, yes, lets bring in more Mexican criminals, since we dont have enough already.
I live in a city within 200 miles from the Mexican border, the Hispanic population is 60% and they committed close to 100% of the homicides last year.
So, yea. Lets let in more of those hard working souls with neck tattoos and tear drop tattoos under their eye

Of course now Ill be labeled a racist for stating facts

No - but I'd like to see some backup for your facts. "Almost 100% of the homicides". What city are you in? I live a bit over 200 miles from the border and not "almost all of our homicides" are committed by Latinos?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The first thing I would consider when seeing a mass influx like this, is that it is a cartel ploy to bring drugs into the US. Just a thought. But maybe they are hoping to sort of overwork the crossing, making illegal crossings for drug mules further down the line a bit easier. But then again, maybe they are just a group who thought coming in together would give them a better chance of entering the US.

I completely agree that anyone who comes to the US should do so legally. I have said it many times on ATS, that those who would come here illegally are the exact types of people we don't want here. Because agree with it or not, anyone who comes here illegally is a criminal, and has immediately shown they have no respect for our laws. And then there are a plethora of problems that they cause once here. This is not just for Mexicans who enter illegally, but that is our biggest problem when it comes to illegal immigration due to the proximity of our countries.

Mexico wants to blame the US for their cartel problems, stating that is the US demand for drugs that causes the cartel's behavior. Think about it like this: who has more responsibility...The government whose citizens are committing violent acts and manufacturing drugs, or the government whose citizens are simply using a product that they had no hand in making or bringing in to the country?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I have to smile at youse clowns....
Texas west to California IS MEXICO!
Or don't you remember we stole it from them by simply taking over with numbers and guns...???
Yep they kindly let some good ole amurikan refigees into their empire and lookie here....we rolled them over for the whole damn thing!
Whos kidding whom?
You Yankees are ALL illegal immigrants back when....get a life you people!

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Or don't you remember we stole it from them by simply taking over with numbers and guns...???
Yep they kindly let some good ole amurikan refigees into their empire and lookie here....we rolled them over for the whole damn thing!
Whos kidding whom?

I thought the U.S. Govt bought the land from Mexico ?

After the U.S. won the war, they paid $15 million anyway.

Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo ?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Whos kidding whom?

We stole this land fair and square.

And we got the receipts.

However, I think there are many Native American's that would argue your statement.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
stop with this Illegal BS people are born of this earth...NO flippen borders exist...when are people going to learn this FACT!

NO one NATION,PEOPLE,RELIGION or RACE can lay claim to any piece of dirt on this planet....ANYONE...Who say they have borders are wrong.....Borders do not exist ....they are imaginary and non existent.....

The sooner people wake up to this FACT the more free we will become....IF you enjoy enslavement then keep on believing in borders....IF you profess Freedom then know FREEDOM knows no bounds and recognises no Boundaries......

Any border that was taken by the gun should be destroyed by the gun.....NOT a single American has a SINGLE right to Claim a single spec of that land as their own....just as not a SINGLE nation has the right to Claim land as their own.....EACH and everyone of us are born of Earth....live with it,......IT IS FACT!.

No, we just have a claim on all our tax money to support them. All the free stuff they get and we have to pay for.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

Anyone granted asylum is a legal immigrant so maybe you should stop mixing legal immigrants with illegal to cloud this issue.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well, first and foremost, let me address the the ignorant prejudice on here. Yes, it is well established that gang crime is rampant and largely attributed to the overwhelming hispanic population....that is to say in the West Coast and Southwest. To unfairly and stereotypically generalize all Mexicans as depraved criminals is nothing less than ignorance. You're dismissing the rest of the industrious workers that have significantly made a contribution to their communities while being upstanding and law-abiding citizens.

I also love how everyone else is overlooking the instrumental role the U.S played in the drug cartel issue by providing guns. Don't think our beloved government cares about the negative and dire consequences illegal immigration has had, they're in it with the TPTB to see this nation collapse. Polarizing us with the immigration debate is exactly what they want. Divided we fall..

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

stop with this Illegal BS people are born of this earth...NO flippen borders exist...when are people going to learn this FACT! NO one NATION,PEOPLE,RELIGION or RACE can lay claim to any piece of dirt on this planet....ANYONE...Who say they have borders are wrong.....Borders do not exist ....they are imaginary and non existent..... The sooner people wake up to this FACT the more free we will become....IF you enjoy enslavement then keep on believing in borders....IF you profess Freedom then know FREEDOM knows no bounds and recognises no Boundaries...... Any border that was taken by the gun should be destroyed by the gun.....NOT a single American has a SINGLE right to Claim a single spec of that land as their own....just as not a SINGLE nation has the right to Claim land as their own.....EACH and everyone of us are born of Earth....live with it,......IT IS FACT!.

Do you have a lock on the door to your domicile? I bet you do.
edit on 11-8-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I wonder how many people on here truly understand how hard it is for Mexicans to come here legally. The ones that are too poor to afford the legal papers it requires. I am not saying that I am an advocate for Mexicans to come here illegally as it is against the law but I wonder if any of you have talked to one of them to see? I have spoken to some, I have worked with some, in fact my mother married one (a Mexican that is) and I have been to Mexico several times.

You see many of them come here not because the want to, although some do because of the opportunities that America has to offer for them, they come to support their family down there. The good, honest ones. There are of course the dumb ones and the criminals. I have met some that would work only for that beer. Now you may not meet some of them in restaurants and the like, these are also migrant workers. The money they make here is a lot more than what they would make there. When you have to survive on roughly 100-150 dollars a week and support a wife and child.

I was told by many of them that in order to get the required paperwork they have to own land and have money in a bank account. It's very hard for them to own land on that 100-150 dollar paycheck. Those that do well work for the petroleum company that is government run, some working in various areas and buildings, also the gas stations. To make matters worst, they also have deal with corrupt officials and law enforcement. I've actually witnessed it, it has happened to me several times in fact. On top of all that, of course is the Drug Cartels.

I am not saying what they are doing is right, I just wanted many here to understand how hard they have it in their own country and how hard it is for even them to come to our own country legally to make a better life for their families.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sellusnar

Expounding upon that, and my point has been covered to death here and might be considered off-topic, but if you are American and can pass this 100% you are in a minority. (You meaning anyone not nationality specific)

www.test-guide.com...
edit on 11-8-2013 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
Yes, yes, lets bring in more Mexican criminals, since we dont have enough already.
I live in a city within 200 miles from the Mexican border, the Hispanic population is 60% and they committed close to 100% of the homicides last year.
So, yea. Lets let in more of those hard working souls with neck tattoos and tear drop tattoos under their eye

Of course now Ill be labeled a racist for stating facts

You sir hit the nail on the head.

More people in a overly flooded prison system to be paid for by American taxpayers,

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sellusnar

The biggest reason we have immigration laws in the first place is to act like a dam to curtail the flow of immigration.

A country,any country can only function if it has resources to sustain the current population, and anyone paying attention to the current state of the union knows WE CAN"T.

Immigration laws are designed for a 'trickle effect' and absorb people over a period of time, but when those flood gates are open like they are now means there is less to go around.

Less money,Less jobs, and increases to social engineering programs now since those 'brilliant' leaders in Washington who wrote immigration laws in the first place, are now saying they don't matter.

Compound that stupidity they also regulate business and commerce which they have strangled.

Most of the people who have problems with illegal immigration DO NOT have problems with letting people in this country.

We expect everyone in this country to follow the LAW they are for everyone or they are for no one.

Bottom line none of us get to pick and choose what laws are to be followed do we?
edit on 11-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
stop with this Illegal BS people are born of this earth...NO flippen borders exist...when are people going to learn this FACT!

NO one NATION,PEOPLE,RELIGION or RACE can lay claim to any piece of dirt on this planet....ANYONE...Who say they have borders are wrong.....Borders do not exist ....they are imaginary and non existent.....

The sooner people wake up to this FACT the more free we will become....IF you enjoy enslavement then keep on believing in borders....IF you profess Freedom then know FREEDOM knows no bounds and recognises no Boundaries......

Any border that was taken by the gun should be destroyed by the gun.....NOT a single American has a SINGLE right to Claim a single spec of that land as their own....just as not a SINGLE nation has the right to Claim land as their own.....EACH and everyone of us are born of Earth....live with it,......IT IS FACT!.

If this your opinion, I suppose that you will happily move on if I decide to move in to your home while you are away one day, change the locks and refuse you entry because by your own logic, if you cannot own land you cannot own the real estate it sits on.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join