It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery "Angel" Arrives to Help at Car Crash and then Disappears

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Just saw this story... it gave me chills.
I wanted to share it.

source: news.yahoo.com...

Some believe in angels and others don't. But a story coming out of Center, Missouri, might lead skeptics to conclude that a higher-power sometimes intervenes in the midst of tragedy. Of course, there's also the potential that a real-life priest is responsible for the life-saving act that's gaining widespread attention -- and that he has simply yet to be found.

Allow us to explain.

KHQA-TV is reporting a story that seems virtually unbelievable. After Aaron Smith, 26, struck Katie Lentz, 19, in a head-on car crash on Sunday morning, authorities claim they began a long rescue process. After 60 minutes of trying to get Lentz out of the vehicle (she was pinned between the steering wheel and the seat), rescue crews, at Lentz's request, prayed out loud for the trapped woman.

And that's when a mystery priest allegedly appeared. According to accounts, he came out of nowhere and brought intense calm upon the situation.

"He came up and approached the patient, and offered a prayer," New London Fire Chief Raymond Reed told KHQA-TV. "It was a Catholic priest who had anointing oil with him. A sense of calmness came over her, and it did us as well."

Considering how many people were at the scene and interacting with the mystery faith leader, the story is a fascinating one.

"I can't be for certain how it was said, but myself and another firefighter, we very plainly heard that we should remain calm, that our tools would now work and that we would get her out of that vehicle," the firefighter added.

Now here's where things get weird. After another fire department showed up, the rescue proceeded easily and the tools worked, as promised. But when nearly a dozen firefighters turned around to thank the priest, he was gone; the road was empty. Considering that the road was blocked off for a quarter of a mile during the rescue and that no cars were around, the scenario, on the surface, seems a bit bizarre.

Lentz's friends and family want to thank the priest, but, so far, he's nowhere to be found.

"Where did this guy come from?" Travis Wiseman said, speaking rhetorically about the faith leader . "We're looking for the priest and so far, no one has seen him. Whether it was a priest as an angel or an actual angel, he was an angel to all those and to Katie."

Smith has been charged with a DWI, second degree assault and failure to drive on the right side of the road. And the search for the priest forges on.

The multiple witnesses make this especially interesting.

And, honestly, even this was "just" a living priest, the calm that his presence brought in a time of crisis was (I think) supernatural. I love hearing stories like this... and when they make news without seeming (to me) like a cheesy hoax, it just warms my heart.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this story. Think it was an angel? divine intervention? just good timing and good luck? a hoax? Please share your take on this!

Thanks!

ETA: Here is a link to another story on it: www.connecttristates.com... This is "breaking" news as of today.

Also, here is a YouTube of the story:

edit on 7-8-2013 by VegHead because: adding another article and youtube link

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

I was thinking just last night about a story where a young boy lifted a car off of his father saving his life. Instances like that are explained away as "adrenaline' but your bones are only so thick and your muscle is only so strong, what if there are beings who for some reason do not want these particular persons to die at that time and they are the ones lifting the vehicles.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Reminds me of a story My mom used to tell.

When my younger brother was a Baby, he and my Mother where driving, the car had some problem that caused the engine to catch fire mid drive.

They pulled over alone on the side of the rode at night, She was panicked as smoke filled the cabin of the car once it stopped she tried to get my brother out of the back seat, by this point the cars front seat had already caught fire.

She was panicking and couldn't get my brother out.

She claims at that moment Two men showed up, one pulled her out of the way and calmly walked her to the side of the rode, while the 2nd man my moms words Ripped the car seat my brother was in out of the car and walked him over to My mom.

She was checking over my brother hysterically, when she glanced back to the men, Who she had thought went back to the car.

There was no one there, empty high way middle of the night, she was taking him at like 3 am because he couldn't sleep and she would take him on a long road near our house to get him to sleep.

Until her death she never recanted the story, and I remember a seat belt she kept in her drawer that was torn, not cut. She said it was stuck to the bottom of the car seat.

In my Agnostic days I used to joke about the PCP addicts who wander the roads at night ripping apart cars and how she got lucky.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a story where there is so many stories of the same incident that people start putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5,theres no proof and its just another story blowing all out of proportion.

like when maybe someone being assaulted in your town,the time its came from top to bottom they have been murdered,you can,t believe what you,ve heard till you know facts.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Maybe it was George Zimmerman

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

odd choice of clothing for a priest

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Good story. I believe in some sort of form of angels.

Here is a video of an angel rescuing someone.

I don't see enough movement in the truck when it supposedly slams on it's brakes. I think this video was figured out to be a commercial for a video game?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
a story where there is so many stories of the same incident that people start putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5,theres no proof and its just another story blowing all out of proportion.

like when maybe someone being assaulted in your town,the time its came from top to bottom they have been murdered,you can,t believe what you,ve heard till you know facts.

It sounds like you have never been witness to what can be attributed to "divine intervention". I, however, have. Here's just one of my stories (and you can feel free to take it or what it is worth or dismiss it outright; both choices are your prerogative):

I was riding home from school as a Sophomore in high school with my two friends. The driver did not see that traffic on the freeway was stopped, and we hit a stopped car at fifty five miles an hour. My fiend drove a truck, and while he and my other friend were wearing their seat belts, I was sitting on the console between the two seats, minus a seat belt. Both of them suffered serious and multiple cuts to their faces, and I literally barely slid forward and didn't have a single sign of being in a serious accident. The CHP officers on duty listened to our story multiple times, and agreed that I should have been, by all rights, "pushing up daisies".

I remember the incident like it was yesterday, and recall the accident happening, watching it all unfold in slow motion. Everyone else involved in the accident was hurt, but I walked away unscathed. Was I the only "believer" in the wreck? Well, I was the only one in the vehicle. The Bible is clear that those who believe here and now have the supernatural protection and provision of the kingdom. I firmly believe that, in this specific instance, there was an angelic intervention. Physics would say that I should have been dead. As far as I am concerned, angels said otherwise.

Again, take this specific story for what it is worth, but let's not lose sight of the fact that then inexplicable happens all the time.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Angels can and often do take on human form....this was most likely an angel as "the priest" simply disappeared afterward without a trace. There are other similar stories including one where a person was rescued on a mountain and the rescuer simply vanished off the mountain also. Believe.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
A short while ago I was 'introduced' to the 'Angelic' concept which, being Pagan was not something I would ever have seriously considered. However due to not sleeping I was told to ask Raphael to help. I have slept really well since then and only had one night when I woke and couldn't get back to sleep for hours. I have all sorts of things happening at the moment in my life and normally would be pacing the floor from the midnight hours till four or five am.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
I was thinking just last night about a story where a young boy lifted a car off of his father saving his life.

Could you provide a pointer to that story? The usual legend is of a mother lifting a car off a young child.
But in either case I've always had trouble finding any evidence that an actual event, as described, has ever occurred.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen

I don't see enough movement in the truck when it supposedly slams on it's brakes. I think this video was figured out to be a commercial for a video game?

as i recall this is a viral video for some game or other, it's not genuine, sorry.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen

That is advert for some Chinese video game called "Zhu Xian 2". So that is not real, its just faked.

blog.gadgethelpline.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Angels do exist. I have a friend whose son was saved from drowning by an angel. It was said, after the angel (looked like a man with long hair) put him on the shore...the angel disappeared. The angel vanished infront of Muslims and Christian on lookers...both were screaming "WE JUST WITNESSED A MIRACLE" and started to put there hands on the head of the saved boy.

Another friend also had a similar experience...the angel also disappeared, before he could say thank you.

Life..always brings with it miracles.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

No proofs just a little video that could easily be faked by amateurs and it got 20+ flags? Haha witness ATS the land of the supposed awoken where only Truth remains... This thread amongst many others shows one thing, people just takes into consideration what is convenient to them be it an illusion who cares as long as their little confort is fueled.

My guess is, it is a bad try to make priests, whose reputation has never be so low, look good. If not why a priest? Why not just an angel? Ah obviously if its an angel then it can be a priest which is known to be the spokesman of god so why couldnt he summon one? But of course that makes sense!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

lets parse this tail down :

woman crashes car

FD # 1 attends scence with equipment that cannot tackle task

priest attends scene - and self identifying theists respond favourably

FD # 2 attends scene with equipment that is sutible for task

preist " disappears "

the last element is the only one with any " mystery "

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The is no rationale explanation for it isn't that great.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Oh lordy! lordy! if it twer only so simple, If there was a priest at the scene as seen by many, then it is a person who exists, I don't think we need be feared of angels or aliens on this planet, It's humans that are the problem.. and of course we humans think we are the bees knees of the universe, dont we? yea though so..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join