It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery "Angel" Arrives to Help at Car Crash and then Disappears

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
So let me get this straight. God decides to send an angel for divine intervention for someone driving an expensive Mercedes but doesn't get involved in the plight for millions of starving kids and those who are poor or have terminal illnesses. Ok.

I tend to agree with you on there, even its a good story away from dooms from Europe But you have a great point.
I do believe in divine intervention but for this story even though it sounded good, but there are milions of people whom also need divine intervention yet there prays haven't being answered.

edit on 9-8-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

So let me get this straight. God decides to send an angel for divine intervention for someone driving an expensive Mercedes but doesn't get involved in the plight for millions of starving kids and those who are poor or have terminal illnesses. Ok.

Perhaps the young woman in the car will be having a child in the future that will grow up to help solve world hunger, or do great work with the poor, or maybe even help find a cure for cancer? Maybe it wasn't so much about the young woman in the car but about a possible future child who will do great things for people.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr1Akula
Ohhh what a blessing, an angel takes the form of a pedophile, to help some rich people in a glamourous Mercedes, While millions of people suffer every day and 250.000 children die from hunger each year.
It is god's love, enjoy it...

Only 250 children each year? Wow thats pretty good for a planet that has 7 billion people.

...and it was an older model Mercedes so enough with the liberal spin.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I do believe they exist, not just because of the bible or other thing but because I'm a spiritual being. And always felt this way.

I myself have have had several mysterious spiritual experiences that I can't deny nor dismiss.maybe people who had many traumatic experiences in their lives and still want to follow the right path , to not want to deviate because of all the negativity and still be open for godly intervention when it occurs.

My grandmother had such a story once . It was worldwar II when she was very young she drove alone on her bicycle through the fields of war to her home . She was scared to be caught by the Nazi's on the thoughts of that a mistery man in a dark coat ride along side smiled to her, the whole trip he stayed allong. When she saw her home she turned to thank him but he dissappeared out of nowhere...

She always speaks of the angel who brought her home...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87

Ohhh what a blessing, an angel takes the form of a pedophile, to help some rich people in a glamourous Mercedes, While millions of people suffer every day and 250.000 children die from hunger each year.

Only 250 children each year? Wow thats pretty good for a planet that has 7 billion people.

...and it was an older model Mercedes so enough with the liberal spin.

I meant 250 thousand... But even 1 dead child from starvation is not ''pretty good'' , whatever the population number might be...

How would you feel, if one of those 250 dead children (you speak of) was your own?

ps. I guess most people that drive a little older Mercedes are poor, right?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Octave

Perhaps the young woman in the car will be having a child in the future that will grow up to help solve world hunger, or do great work with the poor, or maybe even help find a cure for cancer? Maybe it wasn't so much about the young woman in the car but about a possible future child who will do great things for people.

I thought that child was Jesus, but none of these problems solved back then... and now it is a little late acting for the ultimate power that knows all and created the universe, time and space, to take action on this subject, after all the suffering His ''children'' have had the last few thousand years

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

im a believer

something happened at our twins birth that made me a believer

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
That is a nice story. Thank you for putting it up. Whether supernatural or not, it was a good deed.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by VegHead
Just saw this story... it gave me chills.
I wanted to share it.

source: news.yahoo.com...

Some believe in angels and others don't. But a story coming out of Center, Missouri, might lead skeptics to conclude that a higher-power sometimes intervenes in the midst of tragedy. Of course, there's also the potential that a real-life priest is responsible for the life-saving act that's gaining widespread attention -- and that he has simply yet to be found.

Allow us to explain.

KHQA-TV is reporting a story that seems virtually unbelievable. After Aaron Smith, 26, struck Katie Lentz, 19, in a head-on car crash on Sunday morning, authorities claim they began a long rescue process. After 60 minutes of trying to get Lentz out of the vehicle (she was pinned between the steering wheel and the seat), rescue crews, at Lentz's request, prayed out loud for the trapped woman.

And that's when a mystery priest allegedly appeared. According to accounts, he came out of nowhere and brought intense calm upon the situation.

"He came up and approached the patient, and offered a prayer," New London Fire Chief Raymond Reed told KHQA-TV. "It was a Catholic priest who had anointing oil with him. A sense of calmness came over her, and it did us as well."

Considering how many people were at the scene and interacting with the mystery faith leader, the story is a fascinating one.

"I can't be for certain how it was said, but myself and another firefighter, we very plainly heard that we should remain calm, that our tools would now work and that we would get her out of that vehicle," the firefighter added.

Now here's where things get weird. After another fire department showed up, the rescue proceeded easily and the tools worked, as promised. But when nearly a dozen firefighters turned around to thank the priest, he was gone; the road was empty. Considering that the road was blocked off for a quarter of a mile during the rescue and that no cars were around, the scenario, on the surface, seems a bit bizarre.

Lentz's friends and family want to thank the priest, but, so far, he's nowhere to be found.

"Where did this guy come from?" Travis Wiseman said, speaking rhetorically about the faith leader . "We're looking for the priest and so far, no one has seen him. Whether it was a priest as an angel or an actual angel, he was an angel to all those and to Katie."

Smith has been charged with a DWI, second degree assault and failure to drive on the right side of the road. And the search for the priest forges on.

The multiple witnesses make this especially interesting.

And, honestly, even this was "just" a living priest, the calm that his presence brought in a time of crisis was (I think) supernatural. I love hearing stories like this... and when they make news without seeming (to me) like a cheesy hoax, it just warms my heart.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this story. Think it was an angel? divine intervention? just good timing and good luck? a hoax? Please share your take on this!

Thanks!

ETA: Here is a link to another story on it: www.connecttristates.com... This is "breaking" news as of today.

Also, here is a YouTube of the story:

edit on 7-8-2013 by VegHead because: adding another article and youtube link

Sorry, I do not mean to sound too critical when I say this;

Sure. Thank the priest. My question is this; where is the thanks for the fire fighters who pulled this man out?

Edit; It is funny how the video here is entitled Mysterious Priest Performs Miracle

What if the fire or ems could not save any lives; would it still be hailed as a miracle?

The only supernatural force here is the sheer determination of first responders to save lives.
End of story.

edit on 9-8-2013 by anon4m05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
It is a nice story but looking for a rational explanation, the following is credible;

Police block the road off 1/4 mile up the road (in reality, it may be less) a priest arrives at the road block after delivering his sermon at a nearby church (or before, depending on the time as it is Sunday morning) and asks if he can help. Knowing the severity of the situation, the officer lets him through the cordon. If he walks quickly, he will reach the scene in under 4 minutes on foot. However, with all the action at the scene and adrenaline, which of the emergency service workers are going to take notice of a police car pulling up a couple of hundred yards away and dropping the priest off?

The priest reaches the scene and does his thing and then leaves as the new fire department arrives. They cut the girl out of the car and turn around to thank the priest who has long since left as it will take more than 4 minutes to free the girl from the car. The officer who let the priest through the cordon keeps quiet either because he went against protocol by letting the priest through and doesn't want to get into trouble or he doesn't want to be the one responsible for revealing that there was no divine intervention.

Maybe there is a church on the other side of one of these fields and the priest walked across after seeing the flashing lights. Again, logical explanations are abundant but trying to prove a faith is much more appealing to some.

Some may argue that the priest arriving on scene out of coincidence is divine intervention in itself and I can't argue with that.
edit on 9-8-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Ummm, just want to confirm that this Mercedes Benz is a 230E. It's 25-30 years old and if you like, you can pick one up for $2-3000.

It once may have been the vehicle of a well to do middle class accountant: these days...no.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This is a very different take on the apparent phenomenon, but please bear with me: Whether or not this particular case is a genuine unknown, is it possible that all of that TYPE of the unexplained that deliberately performs "miracles" - which are actually simply part of undefined or secret SCIENCE - in a specifically RELIGIOUS context, is actually a subtle form of disinformation, manipulation, propaganda by MALEVOLENT agents of the unseen, those who have the most power and influence over the existing ghastly-corrupt, secrecy-BASED political world? They occasionally throw the masses a bone to "show" how they and they ALONE are (allegedly) the sole agents of "God" as defined only by (particularly Abrahamic) organized/named religions, which by default claims that Earth humans are the pinnacle of "God's" Creation and (at least effectively) the center of the universe.

As "way out there" as it sounds, I wouldn't rule it out, though would not state it as fact without proof (what a concept).

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
It is a nice story but looking for a rational explanation, the following is credible;

Police block the road off 1/4 mile up the road (in reality, it may be less) a priest arrives at the road block after delivering his sermon at a nearby church (or before, depending on the time as it is Sunday morning) and asks if he can help. Knowing the severity of the situation, the officer lets him through the cordon. If he walks quickly, he will reach the scene in under 4 minutes on foot. However, with all the action at the scene and adrenaline, which of the emergency service workers are going to take notice of a police car pulling up a couple of hundred yards away and dropping the priest off?

I'm not saying a miracle or mundane event, but there are a LOT of anomalies.

I stand corrected. I thought I had read 2 miles from the article. When police block a scene, they try to keep as far from the scene to avoid people gawking. From my personal experience, it would be at least that 1/4 mile unless the surroundings prevented that kind of buffer.It's more a "line of sight" then Distance kinda thing. Police at a cordon checkpoint will info via radio those at the scene of any people arriving. It's protocol and Police and Fire follow protocol in emergency situations. I've been at road accident scenes, the Police are still very aware of the surroundings, they are always looking for gawkers and cameras from the News .If you are using Jaws of life at an accident scene, they move everyone back before cutting in case of a gas leak. They don't let people close by. That has been my experience at such scenes. There was only one Catholic Church in the surrounding 4 towns and nobody recognized the Priest. A Priest coming from Sunday Mass wouldn't have chrism (anointing oil) with them.

The priest reaches the scene and does his thing and then leaves as the new fire department arrives. They cut the girl out of the car and turn around to thank the priest who has long since left as it will take more than 4 minutes to free the girl from the car. The officer who let the priest through the cordon keeps quiet either because he went against protocol by letting the priest through and doesn't want to get into trouble or he doesn't want to be the one responsible for revealing that there was no divine intervention.

Jaws of life aren't a quick things to use and the situation was far from certain, even if the jaws worked fine and got the girl out. I would have a hard time thinking a Priest would have left at that point, let alone leave without saying a word. The girl still was in critical condition, I don't think a Priest leaves a person who is still in peril. If there is a rational reason like you say, people will eventually talk and talk soon.

Maybe there is a church on the other side of one of these fields and the priest walked across after seeing the flashing lights. Again, logical explanations are abundant but trying to prove a faith is much more appealing to some.

From the article, there is only one Catholic Church in the surrounding 4 towns. It's implied in the article that the Catholic Church is not close by, as nobody recognized the Priest. None of the locals at the scene,which include members or at least two towns Fire Departments recognize Priest.

Again, I'm not saying miracle vs rational, but some of your points are just you trying to explain a large number of anomalies and reaching to make points, not being rational or logical. If there was a Priest there, I am sure he will come forward as this got pickup nationally in the news.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Some people are just so wrapped up in fanatical and hateful ideology that they can't just accept a nice story for what it is and are forced to say something cruel and spiteful. It must be sad to live in a life so twisted.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Maybe there is a reason..........
your faith

Maybe the reason is there are no angels............... or God for that matter.

But can you make this statement with 100% certainty? No, you cannot, just as I cannot with 100% certainty say the God (and angels, for that matter) exist. Your experience, life lessons, and perception have led you to a place in which you have concluded that God does not exist. My experience, life lessons, and perception have led me to a place where I believe the contrary.

Please note that I am not employing the "burden of proof" fallacy here, but simply pointing out that you have chosen to have faith in your faith that there is no God, while I have chosen to believe. Neither of us can prove our position. That's why it is called faith.

That being said, incidents such as the OP (and WAY more events in my own life) confirm for me that my faith isn't misplaced or misguided. You may see it differently, which you absolutely have the right to do. However, you cannot say, with 100% certainty that angels and God do not exist.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
People are entitled to their religious beliefs and I don't belittle them, as long as I don't get attacked for my lack thereof. But here is my take:

1) "faith" is a buzzword used by religions which promotes intellectual laziness for people not to search for a rational meaning for things which currently cannot be explained. For instance, the Catholic church excommunicated Galileo for daring to go against their teachings at the time for saying the earth revolved around the sun instead of promoting the church's saying the known planets and sun at the time revolved around earth. It was a few hundred years later for the church to offer an apology and acknowledge Galileo was right.

2) a lot of my religious friends will pray for a cause. If things work out favorably they say "my prayers have been answered. If things don't work out they say God didn't answer their prayers because "it was his will for reasons we don't yet understand". So instead of saying something was just a result of natural fate, it's God picking and choosing which of billions of prayers to answer. In another words two people maybe praying for two different outcomes of the same event. God then answers prayers, I guess, who he favors. I just don't buy it.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Angels exist or don't, it is nice to believe that they do and I personally have encountered a couple of them in a very unexpected situation in an accident helping a victim.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Here is an update on the story, from "The Blaze", which has become very big nationwide news:
source: www.theblaze.com... wood-actor/

Of interest here are a few more details on what the priest looked like and local churches response.

TheBlaze contacted numerous Catholic churches in the Center, Mo. area to learn more about the incident. One, Rev. Louis Dorn of nearby St. Joseph’s Church, is as perplexed as everyone else.

Dorn said that there are three churches in the area (St. Joseph, St. Clement and St. Williams), but that none of the priests nearby match the description of the mystery man that first responders and other witnesses gave.

“What I heard on the news was he was dark-complected, about 5’7″, just under 200 pounds, with black rimmed glasses,” Dorn said, adding that firefighters and others reported he was “speaking with an accent of some kind.”

Indeed, KHQA-TV reported that one woman who helped at the scene, Wanda Burr-White, described the priest this way, adding that he had dark hair and that she was unsure of his nationality. Her husband, who also saw the man, added that he had black-rimmed glasses and he resembled Matthau, best known for his roles in “The Odd Couple” and “Grumpy Old Men.”

As for whether a priest (or an individual posing as one) is responsible for the rescue or whether it was an “angel” as some have claimed, Dorn is uncertain, but did point out some strange elements.

“If it was a real priest, there’s several things that make you really wonder,” he said. “If the road was blocked a quarter mile in either direction, that would have been a long walk. How do he get that far away without anyone seeing him? It’s a fairly flat area.”

Here is a composite picture of the priest:

I will say, I don't think the composite looks anything like Walter Matthau. Maybe Matt Walsh of the Upright Citizens Brigade... but not Walter Matthau,

Father Bill Peckman of the St. Clement parish added that all of the local priests would have been in mass at 9 a.m. and that the person was likely a faith leader who was on vacation. As for whether the appearance was an angel or an actual priest, he said “regardless God intervened.” He added that this is a “wonderful story” and a nice break from some of the other things going on in the world right now.

Deacon Dan Joyce, head of communications for the Catholic Diocese of Jefferson County, the presiding church body in the area, told TheBlaze no priests have yet come forward to say they were the one who helped crash victim Katie Lentz.

“We have international priests that are assigned from our diocese that are from places like Nigeria, the Philippines and India — and a few of them are within a 150 mile radius,” Joyce said. “We’ve looked at the area and the churches to see where that path is in relationship to some of the parishes and we really don’t come up with a priest from our dioceses who would be traveling on a Sunday morning on that particular path.”

That doesn’t mean that there’s something supernatural at play — it’s entirely possible there was another priest who just happened to be passing through. The diocese remains unsure of what really happened.

“Our feeling is clearly something occurred. There were many witnesses that were involved,” Joyce said. “There was an anointing involved.”

Catholic leaders aren’t spending too much time on the case. While they there open to the idea that this was a potential miracle, as their faith compels them to remain open to the prospect, Joyce isn’t going out of his way to find answers.

“We’re not going to be conducting any sort of investigation, certainly out of respect to our priests who might have been involved — in respect for their privacy if they don’t want to come forward,” he said.

edit on 9-8-2013 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Octave

I thought that child was Jesus, but none of these problems solved back then... and now it is a little late acting for the ultimate power that knows all and created the universe, time and space, to take action on this subject, after all the suffering His ''children'' have had the last few thousand years

Umm no, we aren't discussing virgin births here, my point of view was that perhaps in her future she might have a child that will go on to do good things for people and that is why this particular event happened. Predestiny if you believe in that, it was only a different point of view and one that I had hoped would show a different view point in this discussion.

This point of view does not involve any need to hold onto any particular religion, it does however require an open mind. One not stifled by conventional religion.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A catholic priest carry some kind of oil huh?

I'd start my search near any local boyscout camps...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join