It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery "Angel" Arrives to Help at Car Crash and then Disappears

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
A catholic priest carry some kind of oil huh?

I'd start my search near any local boyscout camps...

I must assume the comment was ment in jest, because otherwise it is a very stupid and ignorant one. Part of Catholic belief is "extreme unction" or last rites and part of that ritual, given to the dying, is the annoiting with blessed oils. It is perfectly reasonable to disagree with that practice but it is also unreasonable to connect pedophilia with that practice.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

You bring up valid points (that I would actually like to address), but since I haven't been here too long, I don't know what constitutes "off topic" and would not like to derail the thread. Maybe there's another place to continue this exchange?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr1Akula
Ohhh what a blessing, an angel takes the form of a pedophile, to help some rich people in a glamourous Mercedes, While millions of people suffer every day and 250.000 children die from hunger each year.
It is god's love, enjoy it...

Woah, that's a stereotype not all priests engage in pedophilia. Furthermore she was driving a late model Mercedes, she was a teen and doing good in school. The article said she was from Quincy, Ill; it's a middle class area, not rich.

Let me ask you if God had not allowed the accident to happen, then would there be a testament to his power like now?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr1Akula

Alright Bono, like you care about world hunger so much when you're gawking at this little teen girl that was in extreme pain. People who care about those types of things DON'T pick and choose that's how I know you aren't sincere but just anti-christian. I pray you know God someday.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thejaybird

You bring up valid points (that I would actually like to address), but since I haven't been here too long, I don't know what constitutes "off topic" and would not like to derail the thread. Maybe there's another place to continue this exchange?

There are "Conspiracies in Religion" and a "Philosophy and Metaphysics" forums which are probably more appropriate.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

There are "Conspiracies in Religion" and a "Philosophy and Metaphysics" forums which are probably more appropriate.

Cool. Want to continue this in one of those forums?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Sometimes I find story ideas on ATS.

This mysterious Priest will definitely be making an appearance in one of my books.

I love this story. Excellent post op

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

Cool. Want to continue this in one of those forums?

I'll start a thread in "Conspiracies in Religion" titled "My Views on Religion" unless the mods think another forum is more appropriate and move it.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
An artist has created a sketch of the mystery priest in hopes of finding him so the family can thank him.

Artist creates sketch of mysterious 'angel priest' who appeared at MO. crash scene

An artist has created a sketch of the mysterious "angel priest" who witnesses say appeared at the scene of a Missouri car accident Sunday, anointed and prayed with the teenage victim and then vanished without a trace. Fox4KC reports Tucson-based artist Randall Sands created the sketch using online face sketch software at facesid.com based on media reports, hoping someone would be able to identify the cleric. Officials are still scratching their heads over the priest, who they say appeared out of nowhere. Perhaps more mysteriously, the local fire chief said he does not appear in any of 80 photos from the accident scene.

"I think that this time I've actually witnessed a guardian angel at work," Jeremiah See of the New London Fire Department told ABC News.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I stand corrected again, here is where I heard the report of how far the block off points were to the accident:

At this point, Fox4KC reports Lentz asked the rescuers to pray with her. Then the priest appeared – although the highway was blocked for two to three miles and emergency responders were not letting anyone past the roadblocks.

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/10/small-town-searching-for-identity-mysterious-angel-priest-who-appeared-at-crash/?intcmp=trending]Report[/url ]

edit on 10-8-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
reply to post by pavil

I stand corrected again, here is where I heard the report of how far the block off points were to the accident:

At this point, Fox4KC reports Lentz asked the rescuers to pray with her. Then the priest appeared – although the highway was blocked for two to three miles and emergency responders were not letting anyone past the roadblocks.

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/10/small-town-searching-for-identity-mysterious-angel-priest-who-appeared-at-crash/?intcmp=trending]Report[/url ]

This has been a point of confusion in the media. The original story I found and posted said a quarter of a mile. But most other stories I've seen have said 2 miles. Sources other than The Blaze have been (mostly) saying 2 miles or are not mentioning it at all.
There have been a few other reporting inconsistencies, but that unfortunately seems inevitable when a story breaks this widely.

I found in the comments section of this article www.catholicnewsagency.com... on Catholic News Agency people talking about how priests often carry anointing oil in their cars. I thought that was interesting food-for-thought as to why a priest (if he was "just" a regular priest) might have anointing oil with him.

(And please.. no more priest jokes... really, guys! Not only is it crude, but it is dishonoring people of sincere faith and sacrifice as well as people who were victims of abuse. Let's just focus on the beauty and mystery of this story.)

It does bring up questions about why some prayers are answered and others aren't. Why some are saved by a miracle and some aren't. I don't have any answers - but they are good questions. I suspect we won't know or comprehend the answers until we pass over.... We can speculate, but understanding "why" is well beyond our capacity... as it should be, I suppose.

Thanks, everyone, who contributed to this thread. I hope it has touched, and maybe even opened, some hearts.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Just a small observation.

Multiple reliable witnesses, daylight, matching stories, no natural explanation. Had this been a UFO sighting, ATS and the world would have been going nuts.

But, as you would expect, there are some who refuse to even consider the simplest, most obvious explanation. Proving once again, that for some, facts are only facts if they support their point of view. And they claim Christians are closed minded.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
About the artist sketch:

This is from an article: www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Mo. Randall Sands, a Tucson-based artist who does a variety of sketches using FACES software from IQ Biometrix, made the sketch below in hopes that people may be able to find the priest.

I'm not sure about the last part from the article, though. It states the sketch artist created his rendition based "mostly" on media reports but then goes on to state:

He(Sands) also said he has a brother-in-law who is a priest and he just had a sense based on his experiences and the reports of what the unidentified priest may look like.

What?? He had a "sense" about what the priest may look like? Do they really allow this sort of non scientific procedure to take place within the supposedly 3rd party non objectionable view. His brother-in-law is just adding his own perception to it, influencing the artist. I know it's not a big deal at all, I just do not like how "feelings" were added into the drawing. They should be completely free from any sort of family influence when doing their jobs, just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I believe in Angels also. Years ago, (back in my drinking days) I had been drinking all night and was so drunk I couldn't keep myself awake. I was trying to drive home (2:00 a.m.), and I was on a long highway heading out to the country. I was driving pretty fast, maybe 60-70 mph. I remember running off the road and I jerked the steering wheel real hard back towards the road and the car was just spinning around so fast I couldn't put my hands on it. All I remember is seeing the steering wheel spinning around back and forth real fast . I had my hands up in the air to get them away from it and I watched it turn back and forth until the car came to a halt. I looked around and somehow it was just sitting between two huge trees perfectly. Not a scratch on it. I know I didn't steer it over there. But I do remember watching "something" taking over the driving for me because I was too drunk to do it myself. It did change my life and I was thankful for another chance. I believe everyone has their own guardian angels. If it isn't your time to go, they will save you.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Alright Bono, like you care about world hunger so much when you're gawking at this little teen girl that was in extreme pain. People who care about those types of things DON'T pick and choose that's how I know you aren't sincere but just anti-christian. I pray you know God someday.

I care for all people, specially for the poor, Of course, I wan't that girl to be alright, I had an accident too, I almost died. I am not negative towards the girl, I am being ironic for all of you ''christians'' who desperately try to find GOD's miracles in your everyday lives, to justify your own faith. It is just egoistic, you wouldn't even care to read the article of the accident,if it didn't involve a ''miracle'', like all those millions who suffer everyday and you don't give a damn.
ps Don't give me this pray thing, I may be anti-christian, just because christians are paranoic and anti -human. Thank Science, you can't burn me alive anymore for what I say.
I, on the other hand- hope you can find the truth someday, cause beside the blindness your faith has put in your eyes, you seem a good person, Have a nice day...my friend

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I am being ironic for all of you ''christians'' who desperately try to find GOD's miracles in your everyday lives, to justify your own faith.

I don’t have to ‘desperately’ try to find God’s miracles in my daily life. They’re all around me. And it has nothing to do with my faith, lack or it, or me at all. God’s miracles are there - in front of you even if you’d just look. I hope one day you can see. Peace for you and yours.

As for angles? I’ve seen 2 in my life - interacted with one, saw the other. There’s no way anyone can explain away what my experiences were - the truth is what it is - it's that simple... I have no doubt angels are at work in the world every day. Was this priest one? I don’t no, but there’s no reason to doubt it. Not for me.

peace

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Better detailed description of the event from the deputy on site.

edit on 12-8-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The mystery priest sounds like a good movie idea. This mystery priest is chasing satan through the world who is causing carnage and to save humanity he must resurrect 7 people from the death cause by satan accidents in 24 hours.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Better detailed description of the event from the deputy on site.

edit on 12-8-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

Thank you for posting that video!

So, he confirmed the road was blocked for 2-3 miles. He said the priest could not have driven in and it would have been too far to walk (I assume he meant too far to walk without being spotted). His testimony really, for me, adds a lot more credibility to the possibly supernatural aspect to this story. He was very careful, though, to just state the facts and not push an angel angle.

Also interesting to note that he thought that composite sketch was way off. I won't repeat his detailed description of the priest here, but I think this man is a credible eyewitness.

He emphasized that Katie is a remarkable strong young woman, and from what I've heard I have to agree. I hope her recovery continues ... She has a long road of surgeries and therapies ahead of her. Her faith will continue to serve her (and others) well, I'm sure!
edit on 12-8-2013 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have a question for any who would like to answer - and please understand, I will be critically examining your offered answers in an attempt to discern the types of beings we may be dealing with. Any help in this process is more than welcome.

When we say "angels", what do we mean? Is the term "angel" an overarching term for a UPB (Unidentified Paranormal Being) who has demonstrated helpful tendencies? Or are we talking about something more specific?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join