It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery "Angel" Arrives to Help at Car Crash and then Disappears

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen
Good story. I believe in some sort of form of angels.

Here is a video of an angel rescuing someone.

I don't see enough movement in the truck when it supposedly slams on it's brakes. I think this video was figured out to be a commercial for a video game?

That video was a commercial/viral campaign.. I just forget the source ..

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sounds like bs to me, so what we are to believe is the rescue team walked away from a dying person so random people on the street could pray for them>???

Maybe its different here in the UK, there is NO chance on earth firefighters trying to free a dying person from a car would let random people come over to the car to chat whilst they went on a quick break....

Religion, pfft what a load of crap. Anything to try and keep the fairytale alive, it amazes me only religious people and insane people hear voices in their heads and see people that dont exist...wonder why that is? lol

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Why do you have to make this about religion? You're using this topic as a springboard to launch your own vendetta. There are other more relevant threads for that. This is about a possible UPB - Unidentified Paranormal Being - and its impact on our world.
edit on 12-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I suppose that the question to always, always ask is…

What is more likely? That that the laws of nature were suspended in a particular individual's favor… or… that some people were confused about what they saw?

The human mind is often confused (and we know well that the chemistry of the brain is rather unstable - and easily affected by stress, trauma, sensory overload, medication, age, sleeplessness, lack of oxygen, etc.). Most people report the facts of a crime scene incorrectly. And moreover, people believe what they want to believe. That should also weigh in when assessing a situation like this.

Again, what is more likely?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The mystery "Angel" priest has been found. It is Father Patrick Dowling of the Diocese of Jefferson City, MO.

abitadeacon.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Oh, look. A human being. I guess we should be ascribing this "miracle" to the human nature, instead of divine intervention. Why is it that every time a human being acts out of human nature to save another human life, we deny all credit to humanity and insist that something divine be attributed sole responsibility for the actions of that human being?

I'd love to see humanity receive the credit it deserves. Hooray for humanity! Hooray for human compassion! Hooray for human initiative! We humans can make a difference! After all, the only role religion played was giving that man a reason to act and the belief that he could. Psychology at its finest.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
I have a question for any who would like to answer - and please understand, I will be critically examining your offered answers in an attempt to discern the types of beings we may be dealing with. Any help in this process is more than welcome.

When we say "angels", what do we mean? Is the term "angel" an overarching term for a UPB (Unidentified Paranormal Being) who has demonstrated helpful tendencies? Or are we talking about something more specific?

So no one is going to answer my question? That's disappointing.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I probably don't use the term angel properly. I say it to mean either a spiritual being or a human that is directed by divine intervention.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

I probably don't use the term angel properly. I say it to mean either a spiritual being or a human that is directed by divine intervention.

What do you mean by divine intervention? Is that a direct violation of free will, or is that a term used to describe the influence a person takes from an inspiring message? And what constitutes as a "spiritual being"? How do you determine the nature of such a being just from looking at it?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
The mystery "Angel" priest has been found. It is Father Patrick Dowling of the Diocese of Jefferson City, MO.

abitadeacon.blogspot.com...

Thank you! I had been keeping my eyes open for when/if they found him.

This is from Fox News...

“I had Mass in Ewing MO as the regular priest was sick,” he wrote. “As I was returning, I arrived at the scene. The authorities were redirecting traffic. I waited till it was possible to drive up closer. I parked behind a large vehicle about 150 yards from the scene. I asked the Sheriff’s permission and approached the scene of the accident.

“I absolved and anointed Katie, and, at her request, prayed that her leg would not hurt. Then I stepped aside to where some rescue personnel and the (rescue helicopter) pilot were waiting, and prayed the rosary silently.

“I left when the helicopter was about to take off, and before I got to my car…”

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

So glad he was there... I feel he may have been divinely led to that moment... But regardless, I'm glad he was there when Katie needed renewed strength.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

So glad he was there... I feel he may have been divinely led to that moment... But regardless, I'm glad he was there when Katie needed renewed strength.

The power of suggestion works wonders with you lot. Which is ironic, given that ATS members should be most leery of such influence.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I do believe in a higher power and this is a great story but I feel that this was just a "right place right time" scenario with the priest. But in the end what matters is the presence had a calming effect.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by colbe

...I'd love to see humanity receive the credit it deserves. Hooray for humanity! Hooray for human compassion! Hooray for human initiative! We humans can make a difference! After all, the only role religion played was giving that man a reason to act and the belief that he could. Psychology at its finest.

AI, my friend,

"Humanity" is a creation of God, we didn't create ourselves, humanity is very, very complex, there is no proof we come from nothing.

"Compassion" is from God too, everything good comes from God. You said religion's only role gave that man a reason to act. What motivates you to act as a disbeliever in "religion" (Eph 4:5 calls it, the faith)? Look at the good the priest brought about by his actions.

Father Dowling, he practiced the virtue of humility at the accident scene and after, it took awhile to find him.

"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." C.S. Lewis

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

You are welcome.

I was listening to a liberal local talk radio show this afternoon and they came on with the news. Another priest was ill, coincidence, he couldn't offer Mass. Father was going to sub for him. And nothing stood in Father Dowlings' way. He was God sent.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Do you like listening to podcasts? Dave from Darkness radio out of MN is one of my favorite hosts. Although, he will have some competition once Art Bell returns in Sept. Back to topic: On darkness radio a month or so back, Dave invited a guest (Dan staddler) to tell his story (Angels in the fire) about a devine intervention with an angel. The story had me on my toes. He tells of the time him and his wife were hit head-on in MN on I-90 by a drunk driver. Although the experience happened to the passenger, his wife, he speaks for her since she was not able to appear.

LINKS TO 'DARKNESS RADIO' RADIO SHOW WEBPAGE, RSS, FEED, &DIRECT LINKS TO THE STORY:

Darkness radio Website/Listen from webpage (scroll to June 26, 2013)

Add Darkness RSS Feed to you Podcast App (I use BeyondPod)

LISTEN NOW_6/26-Miracles & Divine Encounters
Hour 1: Angels in the Fire
Hour 2-Angels in the fire

Cheers & Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Sunday morning, priest on the way to church stops.. prays... then needs to get to his service on time and leaves. Case closed.
edit on 8/15/2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Shiver me timbers! My favorite part of this story is that the Priest's name is Father Dowling.
I'm pretty sure the anointing of the car accident victim and calming the emergency crews was in Season 2.
Father Dowling

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Shiloh7
A short while ago I was 'introduced' to the 'Angelic' concept which, being Pagan was not something I would ever have seriously considered. However due to not sleeping I was told to ask Raphael to help. I have slept really well since then and only had one night when I woke and couldn't get back to sleep for hours. I have all sorts of things happening at the moment in my life and normally would be pacing the floor from the midnight hours till four or five am.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join