It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars is no longer Alive but once lived

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Curiosity has done a marvelous job. The rover has taken some very close snaps in excellent resolution for us to all glimpse into at close range.

I am going to go through each section of the scene at maximum exposure as available on the following link and see what we can unearth in the days to come. Many of these have already been discovered by other OP and posted them on various threads.

I have created this thread so it can all be at one place.

Original Source

To be clear, we are not jumping to conclusions on this thread. Just marking out strange rocks. Ofcourse you can comment and tell what you see in those rocks that I have marked and discuss it over here.

edit on 7-8-2013 by 0pass because: spelling and grammar.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yay another mars rocks thread.

This is just what ATS needed.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I will be starting from the left of each image at the original source.

Series 1:

Following image shows a flat rock and a cylindrical rock cut at one end and some rocks that look like a head and ribs of some giant creature.

Following image shows a large rock with an elephant shaped structure on top left and a face at center left.

Following image shows a rock that looks like a face and some other rocks that appear like some part of a fossil.

Following image shows some odd shaped rocks with one particular one that is flat with a hole in it.

Following image we see some rocks that have some smooth shaped structure like a head.

Following image shows some flat granite rocks and some odd shaped ones.

Following images seems like a hot bed of fossils with very odd shaped rocks.

Following images have rocks with some distinct unnatural shape.

Following image shows a straight pipe like structure.

edit on 7-8-2013 by 0pass because: correction for the last image

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Judging by the response to the above series, I shall post further on this thread.

If there is no interest then they will be available on my website.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0pass
Ofcourse you can comment and tell what you see in those rocks that I have marked and discuss it over here.

Rocks, loads of rocks. . .

I came here thinking I was going to see an argument as to why Mars 'once lived' but yet no longer does. But I see no argument, just pictures of rocks, which are about as mysterious as this

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Keep in mind those all are 2D images, you cannot see them 3D if you could you would only find sand and rocks.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but....

Rocks.
They're just rocks.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 0pass

Series 1
Pic 1

Sorry mate couldn't resist...

On a serious note, I just don't see anything of importance in those pics, but keep looking nothing's wrong with that

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Curiosity has done a marvelous job. The rover has taken some very close snaps in excellent resolution for us to all glimpse into at close range.

I am going to go through each section of the scene at maximum exposure as available on the following link and see what we can unearth in the days to come. Many of these have already been discovered by other OP and posted them on various threads.

I have created this thread so it can all be at one place.

Original Source

To be clear, we are not jumping to conclusions on this thread. Just marking out strange rocks. Ofcourse you can comment and tell what you see in those rocks that I have marked and discuss it over here.

While those "gigapan" images are great because they cover a large area in one image, they are NOT the best resolution versions of the images used.

All of the raw images used to make that one "gigapan" can be found here, in even BETTER resolution (see the "MastCam" images in this link):

Curiosity Raw Images

However, if you are looking for a particular rock or feature, you may need to do some sifting through the all of the raw images used to make the mosaic in your original post. That mosaic is made up of 850 images taken between October 5 and November 16, 2012 (Sols 59 through 100).

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I like Mars as much as the next guy and think it's awesome that we have a robot there taking pics, but seriously mods.....can we do something about these idiotic rock threads. Complete waste of bandwidth.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
As much as I love the idea of discovering something truly amazing on Mars, a giant shark fossil or something (it's shark week ya know) as cool and awesome as that would be I cannot help but think that these pictures are from NASA. They got them first and could have done anything they wanted. They prolly have photoshop experts just in case something really amazing is captured on film.

So again thanks for posting I really do enjoy zooming around the giga pan images trying to imagine what it would be like to walk on Mars. That being said I don't think anyone is going to find the "smoking gun" as it were because pictures with anything that would solidify the theory that Mars once had life and a rich green landscape are printed, deleted from the hard drive then put in a vault guarded by drones....

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Maybe the powers to be think we think that way and keep the pictures as it is. Anyway there is too much of disinformation on the Internet and even if someone were to find something amazing ( as many have ) they would still find a way to say.. No that is just a rock.

Well most fossils found on earth resemble rocks until we take a close look at it.

I am puzzled why NASA is in such a haste to speed up the rover. Why not check each of these odd rocks, drill a hole and do a spectroscopy. Maybe they are out of budget.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I too find this topic interesting, however am disappointed. You say: "To be clear, we are not jumping to conclusions on this thread." But your headline reads:

Mars is no longer Alive but once lived

I'd say that was a contradiction. In any case nice rocks!!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Here is something interesting that I found out today.

Original Source
edit on 31-8-2013 by 0pass because: correct image

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 0pass

Shadows from rocks with horrible jpeg artifacts? Someone needs to tell JPL to stop compressing the images so much.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Ridiculously fed up with these threads. Clicked on it thinking that there was a new discovery.

No S+F for you.
edit on 31-8-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

top topics

join