It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want to Believe, and it's Painful

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It's painful wanting to believe in something that probably isn't true. You can wish and hope all you want, you can stay up late and look to the stars for any signs of intelligence but in the end it will never matter.

Unless you trick yourself. Unless you lie to yourself and force yourself to believe in what you know deep down is false. And that's even worse.

There are no alien spaceships here! Thinking about it now it seems so ridiculous. Believing feels like a dream, when you're in it it feels real but as soon as you wake up your dream seems bizarre and unbelievable.

Ufology is a boat that is sinking. Most of it's passengers have already fled, and maybe I should flee too. I'm waisting my time, and it's saddening. I should go now so I don't have to watch this boat go under.

I hope I'm wrong, but I know I'm not.
edit on 4-8-2013 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth
It's painful wanting to believe in something that isn't true.

I wouldn't say necessarily "not true" because it is still an open case in my opinion. I am not a "believer" per say but something is obviously going on that we are having difficulty proving. That is why we have the term Paranormal because things go on within our reality that can not be proven using our tools of science. We also can not disprove them fully, except for hoaxes of course. But I feel not every single unexplained phenomenon ever, is a hoax. I guess it's possible but I doubt it. Something is going on in the skies.

Could it be Aliens? Possibly.

Could it be Military related? Possibly too.

Could it be something we have yet to even think of as an idea? Very possible as well.

Until being able to fully disprove or prove a phenomenon, I like to remain open minded about.

edit on 8/4/2013 by mcx1942 because: typo

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Having a hard time believing in something can't see are we?

Go do some math on the probabilities that Alien life exists. You WILL come out a winner every time.

Although there is literally Tons of credible information on the existence on UFOs, there is also, unfortunately, Tons of Hoaxes and dis-information.

Just because you can't see something doesn’t mean that it doesn't exist.

It really is a matter of patience. In time we will learn the truth. Maybe Not in Our lifetime, but, in time, definitely.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

It really is a matter of patience. In time we will learn the truth. Maybe Not in Our lifetime, but, in time, definitely.

Maybe we already have learned the truth and we deny it.

I don't believe we are the only intellegent life in the universe, I just don't believe aliens are coming here. If they were, don't you think we would have more pictures of close up flying saucers/ triangles now that everyone has a camera on their phone? But instead we see the opposite just more pictures of blurry lights far off in the sky.

Maybe thats all UFOs ever were, just blurry lights far off in the sky.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Sorry mate, but sky ships(ufo) do exist. Different shapes and sizes, just like cars and boats. Maybe you haven't seen a skyship yet, but you will. Many different planets, many different stars, many different beings. Nothing is the same anywhere in the universe.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I think about all the other countless number of people prior to us who have gazed up at the night sky asking that same nagging question (Are we alone?), only to meet the end of their life without an answer (I know, it's disheartening).

Wishful thinking is comforting, but reality does not need to conform to our desires or wants.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I think that anything advanced enough to travel the vast distances between the stars wouldn't need to come very close to the earth to observe us. They could probably get all the info they needed from a very distant orbit.

That's if there's anyone out there at all. Unique events happen all the time and maybe, just maybe the life that happened on this planet is one of them. The fact that all life on this planet that we have ever encountered shares a single common ancestor certainly suggests that even in the perfect conditions we can only find evidence of it spontaneously starting once.

edit on 4-8-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth

I don't believe we are the only intelligent life in the universe, I just don't believe aliens are coming here. If they were, don't you think we would have more pictures of close up flying saucers/ triangles now that everyone has a camera on their phone? But instead we see the opposite just more pictures of blurry lights far off in the sky.

Here is another way to look at it. It is entirely possible the UFO phenomenon is something our brains are not wired to understand. For example, a dog can learn very simple math but they can not learn more advanced math because their brains are simply not wired in the correct way to be able to process the information the same way ours do.

The UFO phenomenon may be just outside of our perception of reality, therefore giving an explanation as to why we can not prove their existence. WE tend to be arrogant as humans, thinking our reality is the ultimate truth, but if science has given us anything, is that the Universe is so complex, we have really only begun to scratch the surface of what we have coined "reality". That is why I feel it is entirely plausible that the reason we can not prove nor disprove the UFO phenomenon is simply our brains have not developed enough to truly comprehend all this.

Just makes sense to me.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

I agree, what you say is entirely possible and maybe probable. Despite this, I believe we still must attempt to learn as much as we can.

Maybe our brains will evolve and in a trillion years we will know what UFOs are.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
...White people problems...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I understand threads by people who are seeing UFO's and even more. And who are researching those who have. But the nonstop demeaning threads, just seem like they're on an agenda. I'm an experiencer, and my family. My son has called me out to view crafts that were very low over the roof and vice versa. And for choppers chasing them, crafts that he sensed, was connected to, knew when they were returning even though they were soundless and ones I had greetings from. There is alot more but thats I'm all I'm going to say here. UFO's are real, and many people see them, and many have experiences, some good and some not so good.

However, for those who haven't seen, and have no real interest in pursuing seeking, but just talk off the top of their head opinions that show a very real lack of research and deep thinking, even psychopathy in my opinion because it means you don't understand people, aren't pro other people, don't believe in them, even though some very credentialled folk have come forward, doesn't matter. It must lonely to distrust everyone in the world that much.

Most people aren't like that but a disappropiate amount online are. And they seem to dominate this category over the people who should be writing. But they don't want to due to this.

And I don't know, it could be just a non issue, off the top of the person's head, but it just so happens to be on a huge issue of black op information, suppressed from humanity due to all the murders and all the hidden tech that would be the end of the scarsity system and their dominion over humanity. There would be no need to pretend anyone needs to starve in Africa, in Bangladesh, in Madagascar or anywhere on earth. There is no need for mean harsh demonic systems. No they don't want it out. But....its off the top of some ones head that it's so painfully not an issue. Never seen one, but can definitively say this and slam dunk everyone who has.

That or its an agenda, for that group that is suppressing this info. IMO most are on agenda.

edit on 4-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The suppression of ufology is evil. It serves a force of mass murdering elites on this planet. They don't want to bring out real ufology, maybe their dark side stuff, maybe the ones that like pyramids and fascism. But not real ufo's and real cosmic citizens who are here to help free minds and this planet. Their dominion would be challenged. Scaristy system gone. Planet can be healed. Planet can support all the population and nature. But religions would be exposed....and theocracies gone.....their power structure for the people, and the people would be highly educated and empowered. They don't want that.

A thing of the past! No more! Mind you people may want criminal justice done, and I don't suppose they want to be exposed. Imagine the people demandiing David Rockefeller behind bars.

Lets get real. This is what it's all about And this is what your thread and many other, silly speculations, trying to define without any input, off the top of their heads, flight of fancy, and without deep thought, are serving.
edit on 4-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Yet another one of these useless topics, the last couple of weeks. And they all follow the same red line: "There are no aliens here and no spaceships are visiting earth".

They often try to strengthen their arguments by stating things like "I used to believe but not anymore".

And they don't have anything to say. They present no evidence that proves anything. They just come here, burp these anti-topics and leave.

Too transparent guys. Way too transparent.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chazam

And they don't have anything to say. They present no evidence that proves anything. They just come here, burp these anti-topics and leave.

reply to post by Unity_99

Lets get real. This is what it's all about And this is what your thread and many other, silly speculations, trying to define without any input, off the top of their heads, flight of fancy, and without deep thought, are serving

What I find disturbing is the ridicule and discouragement that people receive from the believers when they com forward with their personal epiphany. Suddenly they start useless "anti topics" with no evidence and are part of the black ops agenda and are evil. Really? Sounds like someone just left a cult.

It's no wonder more former believers don't come forward with the their personal revelations. Who needs to be labeled an evil useless topic starter? And since when does someone need evidence for their personal beliefs or opinions?

I used to believe in this topic but realized just what a disturbed bunch you all really are. So the message I hear consistently is "don't ask questions", "don't look into alternate explanations", and "don't EVER mention that this could be due to hallucinations". Don't ever cross that line or you will be one of "them" and shall be banished.

Originally posted by Frettin
...White people problems...

No kidding

edit on 4-8-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Chazam

It is not the skeptics responsibility to provide evidence disproving UFOs. It is the believer's responsibility to prove ET UFOs exist.

And guess what, no one over the past 60+ years has been able to do that.

All we have now are sighting reports and blurry photos. It's not terrible evidence but now it's 2013. Everyone in america has a phone ready to record something. Don't you think we would start to get something more interesting than blurry lights in the sky? I think so. I think at the very least on rare occasions we would get photos of close up flying saucers or black triangles but we do not.

We only need one photo! One picture to prove that UFOs are a very real physical phenomenon. With everyone having a camera at their disposal, shouldn't we have that picture by now?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I neither "want to believe", nor do I "want to DISbelieve". I just want to know.

I just want to know what the evidence is telling me, one way or the other. It's better to go into an investigation with an open mind...And being open-minded is NOT only about "thinking outside the box" enough to believe that aliens are visiting Earth. No -- having an open mind also includes being open enough to find that the evidence does NOT support a hypothesis.

If anything, on some level deep inside me, I probably "Hope" that aliens have been visiting us. That's a very cool idea. However, just because it is a cool idea, and just because on some level I would like it to be true, that doesn't make it true...

...I still need to follow the evidence, and while there is some potential evidence of Alien visitation and some interesting accounts and occurrences, that evidence is not yet solid enough for me to believe alien visitation is occurring.

edit on 8/4/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LevelEleven
Sorry mate, but sky ships(ufo) do exist. Different shapes and sizes, just like cars and boats. Maybe you haven't seen a skyship yet, but you will. Many different planets, many different stars, many different beings. Nothing is the same anywhere in the universe.

Sorry mate but when was the memo passed around explaining the acronym UFO had its meaning changed to sky ships?

Why put UFO in brackets?

Why if you specifically said before it sky ships?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Speak for yourself.

i knew ETs were real decades before I ever wanted it to be true.

There was a reason that my fears had to be used to test my desire to understand.

To give me a choice of whether or not i wanted to not face it and push it out of my mind... Or in choosing the truth over my fear... as it would mean that my desire for the truth and not simply diluted complacency was genuine.

i do, now, have a longing for the truth to be seen widespread and to stand face to face with them... but that is after overcoming my fear in recent years and after decades of being afraid. The desire to know them again, did not come first. the knowledge that there are things beyond our confined reality is what i knew first...and it is inescapable.

Do not ever think you speak for anyone's experience but your own or that you can so easily convince someone who knows that it is all VERY real.
edit on 4-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join