It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want to Believe, and it's Painful

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnPassant
This might help you make up your mind. Either she is a liar faking photos (no) or she is the real deal (yes)

www.youtube.com...

Why is there no middle ground? This is delusional logic you are using.

edit on 5-8-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

Originally posted by Frettin
...White people problems...

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
No kidding

I don't get this part. What does the race of someone have to do with any of this? Do purple, green, or orange people believe more, believe less, or...what?

How does one's race or ethnicity make them more or less of a believer or a skeptic? What am I missing here?
edit on 8/5/2013 by Outrageo because:

I didn't take it as racial although on the surface it might be taken that way. If alien reality is our biggest concern for the day, then I imagine that the rest of our life isn't that much of a concern where as your average non white might be dealing with a whole Slew of real problems. But really could be anyone. I'm white btw.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthSister

And how many of these so called 'contactees' are true? This is even more bogus than the pictures of aliens on Mars or every single youtube video.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Frankly...I don't feel that top of the line alien starships like to pose for pictures. My guesstimate speed of my eyewitness sighting of a fleeting foofighter, in it's high power bluish-white phase, of about 15,000 mph. The second.... low power [approx. 30 mph] phase sighting [giant ball of red-orange fusion plasma] of the same [possible] starship that night, would leave most people shock an awed so much that they would probably not be able to take a picture in it's short time frame of visibility.

I also have photographical evidence of actual --- highly intelligent --- extraterrestrial biological entities here on Earth, of the possible dinosauroid variety --- but as of yet --- I still can't prove it.

Cheers,

Erno

edit on 5-8-2013 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth
reply to post by Chazam

It is not the skeptics responsibility to provide evidence disproving UFOs. It is the believer's responsibility to prove ET UFOs exist.

And guess what, no one over the past 60+ years has been able to do that.

All we have now are sighting reports and blurry photos. It's not terrible evidence but now it's 2013. Everyone in america has a phone ready to record something. Don't you think we would start to get something more interesting than blurry lights in the sky? I think so. I think at the very least on rare occasions we would get photos of close up flying saucers or black triangles but we do not.

We only need one photo! One picture to prove that UFOs are a very real physical phenomenon. With everyone having a camera at their disposal, shouldn't we have that picture by now?
edit on 4-8-2013 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

I only need one picture of God. Just one good picture up close to admit that a God actually exist in anything else than peoples heads..

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I don't really care for two reasons. One: It's intersting and entertaining. two: If the sotry1s ae true, we must help those people. Afterall, we can be dealing with something that is real and can hurt us later. Just like in the horror movies. Somebody tells that a giant monster is killing everyone, no one belives and then -blam- everybody dies for their stupity and ignorance.

I already experienced lots of scarry stuff. Afterall i could be high, crazy or jus treally young. Bu we can't denie that with the ability for living 90 years, it's almost impossible to not experience or see strange stuff. It's a matter of chances afterall.

I choose to believe so i don't turn ignorante and give my back on those who want our help on things they can't understand. But i'm always sceptic, some people will use this on their favor only to fool us.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

It is far more immensely painful for one to wish in something they conceive as imaginary. I do not need statistics or youtube videos, I saw what I saw and believe what I believe, I do not believe in alien contact but I am a firm believer in time travel.

I asked the universe to show me a shooting star, I got far more than I bargained for. The sheer implications that arise from what I have personally witnessed in Texas airspace make your disbelief insignificant.

It is better to not know and be curious than to find out and wish it weren't true.- This is the standard you should hold your life to since you've already given up it's probably why you weren't privy to an experience in the first place.

Life was much less complicated not knowing the truth, so just be a happy human hamster and enjoy the wheel of life. Much like a hamster most humans just can't comprehend even an inkling of "truth".

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I am a believer and ..

it's still painful ~!!!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Originally posted by flipflop

Do you have a power socket in your house, hmm! DONT TOUCH IT
Just look at it, Imagine if you never seen one before, and it was something new that you did not know what it was for, it looks innocent enough, doesn't look like it would bite you. we can't see what it contains. the current residing there is invisible to our vision, we dont hear anything either, and we dont smell anything, hmmm! nothing there,,, what if we stick our finger into it. wahhhhhh!
what I am saying is. even thought we cant see it, or hear it or smell it in this case DEFINATELY does NOT mean its not there.....

Yes, but there is evidence that electricity is there. We can objectively test it's existence.

Yes , now imagine you were plucked from deepest darkest Africa and put in this room (alone or with others such as yourself) with a socket. YOU personally don't know it exists and therefor cant possibly know how to test it. it would probably take some time for you to even discover that there was electricity flowing. say for example you stuck something in the curious little holes...you may not live to even tell the tale of what that felt like to your companions. they would believe it to be evil and stay well away from said socket.

there was once a documentary where they took such Africans into the modern world. I found it wrong on many levels but it was very interesting to see

edit on 5-8-2013 by Jaxsprat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Chazam

It is not the skeptics responsibility to provide evidence disproving UFOs. It is the believer's responsibility to prove ET UFOs exist.

And guess what, no one over the past 60+ years has been able to do that.

All we have now are sighting reports and blurry photos. It's not terrible evidence but now it's 2013. Everyone in america has a phone ready to record something. Don't you think we would start to get something more interesting than blurry lights in the sky? I think so. I think at the very least on rare occasions we would get photos of close up flying saucers or black triangles but we do not.

We only need one photo! One picture to prove that UFOs are a very real physical phenomenon. With everyone having a camera at their disposal, shouldn't we have that picture by now?

why is that our responsibility? We know as well as anyone that there are more hoaxes than real footage. So why should we waste our time sifting through the crap that non believers throw out there just to make others feel better? I personally am not out to prove anything to anyone so will not spend my time finding convincing photos or footage to show to people who have no intention of ever believing it anyway.

when you say that there has not been ONE photo that shows they exist, do you not mean to say that there is not one photo to convince YOURSELF that they exist? Because there are thousands of photos and footage of clear UFOs out there, you have just convinced yourself that they must be fake..... ALL of them....(im sure most are but ALL, im not so sure). You have also convinced yourself that ALL witness statements are lies.

How about this theory. who says that our cameras here on earth are even capable of taking such photos? whose to say that the materials they use to built those crafts are earth like?
They have recently discovered particles that can bend light, can my iphone capture that? highly doubtful.
It has also been discovered that there are particles that travel faster than the speed of light. Can my iPhone capture that?
To relate to my experience, I saw light that appeared orange, the family who saw it from slightly further away swore they were red and on footage they appear white.

until recently there was no footage of light in motion. So before today did it not exist?
until recently we believed that rain drops looked tear drop shape ( whilst falling)....

I haven't seen any footage of these spy drones that appear orange and fly at great speed over vast distances with irregular flight patterns with no sound.

I personally don't 100% believe that what I saw was ET but I know what I saw . I hope them to be ET because I fear the other possibility to be far scarier.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

Our ancestors weren't stupid. It's apparent throughout history from cave paintings to Renaissance art that we have been visited, probably for a very, very long time. The higher-ups in the governments and the military most likely know more than we do as to what's going on in our skies. I would imagine life isn't much different on another Earth. Maybe they're all self-righteous like the vast majority of humans. I sure hope not. I believe. The day is coming, my friends. Like it or not. We will know what's out there. I just hope we can all get along with each other long enough to enjoy the rewards.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaxsprat

why is that our responsibility?

because you are the ones making the claim that ET UFOs are real. As I'm sure you know trying to prove a negative is near impossible. Try it yourself. I say mermaids are real. Prove me wrong.

(I will) not spend my time finding convincing photos or footage to show to people who have no intention of ever believing it anyway.

I have every intention of believing in UFOs assuming someone can provide sufficient evidence. I do NOT however intend to believe in something that is not true, and I hope you don't either.

when you say that there has not been ONE photo that shows they exist, do you not mean to say that there is not one photo to convince YOURSELF that they exist?

correct. myself as well as the majority of humans. It's not like I'm the only one taking this stance.

Because there are thousands of photos and footage of clear UFOs out there,

There are thousands of photos, I will give you that however—clear ones, I'm not so sure. Most of the photos that I have seen could easily be birds or bugs flying by the camera at high speed making them blurry.

you have just convinced yourself that they must be fake.....

I have not convinced myself of anything. I am of the opinion that they COULD be fake, and that they are not good evidence of alien visitation.

But go ahead show me some photos if you wish, I want to believe in what you are saying.

You have also convinced yourself that ALL witness statements are lies.

Again, false. In most cases I believe witnesses—but I think its possible they have misidentified conventional objects.

How about this theory. who says that our cameras here on earth are even capable of taking such photos? whose to say that the materials they use to built those crafts are earth like?
They have recently discovered particles that can bend light, can my iphone capture that? highly doubtful.
It has also been discovered that there are particles that travel faster than the speed of light. Can my iPhone capture that?

Just a moment ago you were telling me how there are thousands of UFO photos out there, and now you are telling me our cameras can not capture UFOs? Does this not seem like a bit of an inconsistency to you?

To relate to my experience, I saw light that appeared orange, the family who saw it from slightly further away swore they were red and on footage they appear white.
I personally don't 100% believe that what I saw was ET but I know what I saw . I hope them to be ET because I fear the other possibility to be far scarier.

So, you and some other people saw lights in the sky. You disagreed about what color they were. what about these lights make you believe they were something spectacular? They could be anything!

until recently there was no footage of light in motion. So before today did it not exist?

I'm certainly not saying we have to know everything about UFOs in order for me to believe in them—I'm just saying we should have better photos by this point. Are you suggesting that photographing UFOs is like photographing light in motion, it requires advanced technology to do?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Due to the countless enthralling threads here on ATS I have not learned the ways of how to's on here as yet, the freshman board is far too boring compared to what else I could be reading
So I will quote the good old fashion way for now.

"because you are the ones making the claim that ET UFOs are real. As I'm sure you know trying to prove a negative is near impossible. Try it yourself. I say mermaids are real. Prove me wrong. "

I can only speak for myself but im not claiming ET ufos are real, I say UFOs are 100% real. I have not come to the conclusion that they have aliens inside them (yet). We share our stories to other like minded people to try and find answers not to try to convince others. But non believers try to convince me what I saw was a Chinese lantern or drone. I had already thought and ruled those out before anyone had to tell me to.

You see if you believe in mermaids I would say jolly good! Why would I care what you believe? I would believe you had some sort of experience to back up your statement. I would not expect a video or photo to debunk to make me feel better about not believing it. I would not go on to your mermaid threads and ridicule ( not that im saying you are, others do)

"I do NOT however intend to believe in something that is not true, and I hope you don't either. "

Certainly not but it has not been proven to be false ( as yet). For example, no one has said here look at this footage of this drone it looks similar to what you saw, or look at this clip of Chinese lanterns moving across the sky, in different flight paths at incredible speed with no wind to speak of. When this happens I will rethink things
Keeping with this.. before my sighting I had not seen a flying lantern for myself, only clips. This niggled me until I did see one for myself, I did which proved to me what I saw was no lantern. I have also looked at pics of drones on the net etc trying to see if possibly there are similar drones, haven't found one yet.

" It's not like I'm the only one taking this stance" Im still rather new at all this but I have not come across too many people that take on the stance that there has not been ONE convincing photo, EVER.

"I am of the opinion that they COULD be fake, and that they are not good evidence of alien visitation."

So if they could be fake then they also could be real? And if you think they could be real well then is that not enough?(Again Im not talking about aliens as such) Im wondering if anything could be proven 100% with just one photo. you would then need the person who took the photo to tell the story. then that person would need to have their heads read because surely they must be looney

"But go ahead show me some photos if you wish, I want to believe in what you are saying."
I don't wish
It seems silly to me. I only want to make people believe there are unidentified objects flying in our skies. I want to know what they are ET or not. If not then I want to know why its being kept secret ( sort of secret)

"Again, false. In most cases I believe witnesses—but I think its possible they have misidentified conventional objects."
Every single witness ever? The pilots, military personel, everyone?

"Just a moment ago you were telling me how there are thousands of UFO photos out there, and now you are telling me our cameras can not capture UFOs? Does this not seem like a bit of an inconsistency to you?"

Uhm no, let me be clearer. When I spoke there I do so with my own experience in mind. Orange orbs. im saying that one theory is that cameras are not able to take a clear shot of this object that would satisfy someone 100% of what they were. Being that they are at a distance, moving rapidly in dark skies. Cameras obviously capture something its just not clear enough. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned my theory though because I disagree when you say there are no clear photos. Although there are none of orange orbs.

"So, you and some other people saw lights in the sky. You disagreed about what color they were. what about these lights make you believe they were something spectacular? They could be anything! "

My sighting. Firstly 3 cars pulled off the road and got out to look at something in the sky, I don't generally get out and stand in the road gawping at the sky for helicopters

there were 11 people in total, 3 large orbs flew through the sky , maybe 2 kilometers away. two of them orbited each other once whilst the third stayed at the same height. All moved quite fast with no sound, no navigation lights. unfortunately they flew behind a house roof ,we drove up to the top of the hill but they were gone. Later that night I went back to the top and watched a commercial plane fly toward me from beyond view. I heard the plane before I saw it, it then took 8 minutes to trave the same distance these things did in 2 mins max.
edit on 6-8-2013 by Jaxsprat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Sightings are the movers and shakers of this game. Photos and video never made anyone a believer, they are simply there for reassurance (for believers) and for keeping the more stubborn minded confused (skeptics). I'd advise you to have one
And for fast-track you may want to settle with yourself the possibility that something may be out there. No-one with deep skepticism was ever shown anything delightful. At least, I'm yet to hear of "the case of a man who trawled ATS every day for evidence of UFOs and was adamant it was not a real phenomena then had an amazing sighting". Nope, it's always the people with this underlying belief that there is more out there than meets the eye. You'll be kept in the dark because that's your choice. To side more with the possibility that it isn't real will not help.

If someone at home, work etc asks you, "do you believe in aliens?" what would you say? If your answer is "Yes" and that's about it, I think you have a good chance of getting personal evidence. If you spiel off a long winded answer as to why "maybe" or "no", then I fear you've locked yourself out of all this (and seeing things for yourself). So, positive attitude. It's wrong to think a video would just sway you into believing. Imagine that, your whole new belief system because of a YouTube video. That's the beginning of a messed up society right there.

And now I think I know why we don't got any good video. Because it would make people crazy, and new religions would be based on ufoporn25's video upload. Uck!
edit on 6-8-2013 by markymint because: spelling

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

continued

something with the light as well, the brilliant orange colour of them seemed different, hard to explain, but there was no haze that you see around other lights at night. could be something or nothing, I have not researched that as such.

Spectacular? Maybe not to you. But not a usual sighting and not for lack of trying I can not convince myself that they were lanterns or drones, I have looked in to all possibilities that I know of and ruled them out. it would be easier to just forget about it , like my other half did, but I don't think that's right either. to just deny what I saw and keep my mouth shut

"I'm certainly not saying we have to know everything about UFOs in order for me to believe in them—I'm just saying we should have better photos by this point. Are you suggesting that photographing UFOs is like photographing light in motion, it requires advanced technology to do? "

Im saying that you don't have to believe in them for them to be true

Yes better photos would be great
Im suggesting that our camera capability is not up to the standard of capturing rapidly flying objects in bad lighting clearly enough for doubters and maybe in time they will, fingers crossed. but again a photo proves nothing!
Maybe like taking a picture of a fast moving object with a polaroid camera would be blurry but with a DSLR on the correct setting it would be clear as day.

Hope I make sense , at least some of the time.
im not out to annoy or cause trouble or make anyone believe anything. I like to read others stories without having to read the same old same old negativities.
I also think that if someone wants to come on to a UFO forum to shout fake then they should prove it to be fake
or at least give an explanation of how they got to that opinion, lighting shadows etc

And to finally end . I can relate to what you say in many many ways. Don't blindly believe, question everything yada yada. I hear you loud and clear. I think without seeing what I did I would be saying the exact same things. And maybe a personal sighting is the difference

TTFN

edit on 6-8-2013 by Jaxsprat because: Deleting left over babble

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaxsprat

Thanks for the well thought out and detailed reply--

First of all quoting the old fashioned way is fine, but if you feel like it, you can just hit the "quote" button on the tool bar above where you type your post.

I can only speak for myself but im not claiming ET ufos are real, I say UFOs are 100% real. I have not come to the conclusion that they have aliens inside them (yet). We share our stories to other like minded people to try and find answers not to try to convince others. But non believers try to convince me what I saw was a Chinese lantern or drone. I had already thought and ruled those out before anyone had to tell me to.

Ah, I see. I'm sorry I assumed you believed in ET UFOs, my mistake. I agree with you, there are unidentified objects, I'm just skeptical they have anything to do with aliens.

You see if you believe in mermaids I would say jolly good! Why would I care what you believe? I would believe you had some sort of experience to back up your statement. I would not expect a video or photo to debunk to make me feel better about not believing it. I would not go on to your mermaid threads and ridicule ( not that im saying you are, others do)

I brought that up to try to prove my point about how hard it was to prove a negative-- in other words, how it would be unfair of believers to ask skeptics to prove UFOs were not real.

Certainly not but it has not been proven to be false ( as yet). For example, no one has said here look at this footage of this drone it looks similar to what you saw, or look at this clip of Chinese lanterns moving across the sky, in different flight paths at incredible speed with no wind to speak of. When this happens I will rethink things Keeping with this.. before my sighting I had not seen a flying lantern for myself, only clips. This niggled me until I did see one for myself, I did which proved to me what I saw was no lantern. I have also looked at pics of drones on the net etc trying to see if possibly there are similar drones, haven't found one yet.

I'm not saying what you saw was lanterns or drones, I don't know what you saw, for now at least they are UFOs. What I am saying is I have found no correlation between UFOs and aliens specifically--although I do see the possibility.

I don't wish It seems silly to me. I only want to make people believe there are unidentified objects flying in our skies. I want to know what they are ET or not. If not then I want to know why its being kept secret ( sort of secret)

You wont find any argument here! I agree 100%-- there is an unknown phenomenon at work, I just dont feel it has anything to do with aliens.

You're sighting was very interesting to read about. I envy you! I wish I could have a sighting of my own.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Originally posted by EnPassant
This might help you make up your mind. Either she is a liar faking photos (no) or she is the real deal (yes)

www.youtube.com...

Why is there no middle ground? This is delusional logic you are using.

edit on 5-8-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

I don't see a third possibility. Either she took the photo or faked it. She took many such photos.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Nice troll post bruh lol

It's painful wanting to believe in something that probably isn't true. You can wish and hope all you want, you can stay up late and look to the stars for any signs of intelligence but in the end it will never matter.

Unless you trick yourself. Unless you lie to yourself and force yourself to believe in what you know deep down is false. And that's even worse.

There are no alien spaceships here! Thinking about it now it seems so ridiculous. Believing feels like a dream, when you're in it it feels real but as soon as you wake up your dream seems bizarre and unbelievable.

Ufology is a boat that is sinking. Most of it's passengers have already fled, and maybe I should flee too. I'm waisting my time, and it's saddening. I should go now so I don't have to watch this boat go under.

I hope I'm wrong, but I know I'm not.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I've wanted to believe ever since I was a young kid watching The X Files. And then I was contacted by alien life out of nowhere when I was 24. So I wouldn't give up hope. I have a feeling that pretty soon the whole world will have no choice but to believe in Aliens. There will be no choice, it will be a fact.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I want to believe, but I have a pain in my hemorrhoids? I think I'll start a new topic now

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join