It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hornsleth Deep Storage Project is Deeply, Darkly, Weird!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I dont need to understand a so called "deep", "misunderstood" artist to know that taking DNA and hair and adding into the ocean in 30 locations is not just wrong, but unhealthy and irresponsible.

Just because he found a way to do these things and call it what he chooses also doesnt make it right. He isnt trying to draw a paint a bowl of fruit, or a sad clown, he is claiming to want to give humanity a second chance for revival, by using his so called art piece.

Not a doctor or a scientist, but a man who seems to want to play god at some point.

If this was any other random person trying to do this, people would be outraged to say the least, but since its art, well then... you cant say no to art

BTW in case someone missed it, how the heck are we supposed to eventually pick up this "piece" of art from the deepest trench in the ocean? Oh wait, because 15,000 years from now we will need to replenish the Earth with humans, with something that we cant get... come on.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
It seems Mr Hornsleth himself is also deeply, darkly weird, egotistical, and untrustworthy. Based on his previous antics this is likely to be a scam which would also explain why there is no mention of the samples undergoing any checks. Potential investors or participants in this project should take a look at this en.wikipedia.org... The points you raise are good ones and this is still a good concept for discussion, but early evidence says there is something very off about this guy which is a pity because your OP is well thought out and interesting.

I'm curious if you even looked at that page before you linked it. Because the page you told us we should look at says this:

Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name. Please search for Kristian von Hornsleth. in Wikipedia to check for alternative titles or spellings.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
seeing as how the frozen body or frozen head burials in liquid nitrogen has played itself out --- and is prohibitively expensive to get interred in perpetuity (that is to say the LLC or Corp will be a viable entity some 50-100 years from now)

the next best solution for the masses to get "some-degree-of-being-Eternal/Immortal"
is to get a DNA sample placed in a protected container to withstand the ravages of Time

see, this enterprise is designed to be a business that produces income for the 'core crew' for at least their lifetimes....

i recall that Ancient Greeks and other spiritually inclined groups had a folklore that one would remain 'immortal' if someone on the planet remembered to say your name (i guess on occasion, not repeating your name endlessly every day)

i feel that this project is trying to touch that nerve we (collectively) seem to desire...... some sort of after-life, immortality... to transcend death itself as-it-were

good luck to the venture investors, i hope it gives you solace & peace of mind

(think in terms of this 'artist' creating his own Niche in the Cottage Industry of life-after-death pathways) = opportunist, capitalist but different from the vulture-capitalists and predatory capitalists running the banker guild now-a-days....
edit on 4-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Ok seriously this gets more and more creepy as I look into it

www.hornsletharmsinvestment.com...

I cannot post a pic of the brand name as I would break the T&C, but come on people... this guy has been at it for many, many years.

Peace, NRE.

I love the last sentence. Don't be a hypocrite, be a peace investor in arms and art love ! A peace investor in arms IS being a hypocrite. What hogwash !

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

You don't need to understand why he is making his art - you just know it is wrong? Well it could have saved me a lot of time and energy. Three pages ago there was a debate between to people who were agreeing all over the place about the conspiratorial, fishy and really mystic about him, almost demonic, and now it is just a case of what you think about his art. A matter of right and wrong?

But it is fascinating how he make people feel. Mostly disgusted at first, but if you think about it, like with the HAIC project, it makes sense. It makes us wonder about ourselves and what we do without even think about it. He just try to makes us aware. And now we are.

edit on 4-8-2013 by HamP1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Okeyd57

Yes that is the point

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If you read a bit of the "Futilist Manifiesto" on his site, I'd think he'd expect this venture he is selling to outright fail. (Just as the other projects he has don't seem to show any long-term benefit.) But it fits right in with futile attempts to preseve some kind of personal artifact out of vanity. In some ways his Futilism seems a lot like Dadaism, but with a more sarcastic edge to it.

So you either buy in on it because you're in on the joke, or you're clueless and trying something that seems futile anyways. Either way he's got people to buy into it, and making money for putting on a show.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
As far as Im concerned the ones that seem to be so hip, as to see the "art", I will fund a large pool and he can drop as many little things full of hair and blood, and those that see the great artist (in a nice french accent) then they are welcome to jump right in.

For those that see things in a larger light, then we can just let others know this kind of lets say "stuff" is happening, and hope it doesnt come to be.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

As far as Im concerned the ones that seem to be so hip, as to see the "art", I will fund a large pool and he can drop as many little things full of hair and blood, and those that see the great artist (in a nice french accent) then they are welcome to jump right in.

For those that see things in a larger light, then we can just let others know this kind of lets say "stuff" is happening, and hope it doesnt come to be.

Peace, NRE.

I'm with ya NRE, got sidetracked from this thread, catching up

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

reply to post by hotel1

I dont think that we have even gone that far, the thing could bust half way there, and there would be no telling, and btw, if there was a structure for us to go down those depths, why the heck arent we making submarines or something like that for research?

Peace, NRE.

A valid point my husband and I were discussing the other day. So you are gonna throw this star shaped things filled with blood and hair to the depths of the sea, then what? Leave a map? For who? Why? How will they get recovered? Did I miss something? Do I have early onset dementia?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

suggest that genetic material recovered from sea floor sediments can shed light on the ecological history of the oceans and climate change

Alright let me broadcast my ignorance so someone can set me straight here on what this made me think of.

First of all, what do they mean by genetic -material-? Anyway

Let's say that the viruses/bacteria/whatever at those depths have never encountered human blood. Which in my (probably ignorant) mind means that it is essential they do not become contaminated in the event that we can get to those depths to research them.

So let's say we toss ... hmm ... I dunno some star shaped contraption filled with modern human dna down there and it bursts? How much of that have we contaminated? I mean they aren't just throwing one of those things in the ocean. I would postulate a counter argument could be it would only contaminate specimens in a certain radius of any potential "leak?" of these structures. But they are putting them everywhere, so how much of that potential science could be compromised by "art" ?

If that made sense.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Nah, apparently we also have an onset of not knowing art in a controversial form, but I will tell you what we do have....

Common sense to know that this is not a good thing, questions that have answers that make no sense, and apparently a crazy guy, that seems to want to restart the world with bodily fluids that have no business either being sent to him, or funding for him to do it.

Peace, NRE.

BTW, thanks for the return

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Sheeze. Do you think someone a thousand years from now is going to want to recreate their primitive ancestors who trashed the earth, were threatening to blow everyone up, who's newest growing religion was care only for yourself and say I am not worried about the future generations.

Maybe they will shoot that Hornsleth into the sun.

Gotta agree with you there, I don't know him but I don't like him. Maybe that will be his next project

Then again... weren't WE just trying to recreate our primitive ancestors .. mongoloids... I recall a thread about that.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamP1980
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

There is nothing mysterious or conspiratorial about Hornsleth - only something that make us outraged and / or fascinated. He is an artist who tries to make us think about our OWN dark and deep nature - often the hypocritical nature we all possess.

Yes he offends, but he makes us think.

Take, for example. the village project in Uganda. The project was made on the basis of the Western world view of Africa: we want to help you but we will own you in return. Hornsleth believe in free trade instead of donations. Thus he believes that Africa's problems will be solved if we allowed to trade freely. This will contribute to autonomy and self-preservation. He therefore used his name as a commodity. All the villagers got a pig, goat or sheep in return for taking his name. Thus at trading.

HAIC project that you linked to, was intended to make us aware that we often support war industry without us knowing it. We may think that we support peace and harmony all over the world, but in fact we support more war than peace. The return of the shares would go to humanitarian purposes.

His latest project, Deep Storage Project, deals with the idea of ​​eternal life. If I know most humans correctly we love the idea of eternal life, because we are surely scared of death. We hate the idea that this is it. all I have lived for, worked for, will it die with me? We love ourselves and if we could give something to the afterlife, wouldn't it be our DNA - Me? That way I can ensure, that I will live forever. We are simply narcissistic in nature (also).

/HamP
edit on 4-8-2013 by HamP1980 because: Google translate error

You have presented a different way to look at this for sure which I appreciate . I just wanted to point something out about the bolded text.

1) Now he is asking for DONATIONS for the weird blood star project thingie which is what I am going to call it from now on.

2) Is this ETHICALLY right for him to do? Is it Ethical to prove an artistic point to the West by "trading" with the East despite their cultural differences? I mean we can go down a long road of cultural ethics on that project alone.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
adding fuel to the fire, there is a reasonable contention that the famous "ark" was simply a more elaborate version of this project. It wasn't Elephants, Mice and Wheat in physicality that was stored on the ark, but in fact the DNA, and the ark was more space ship then boat.

Could be he is simply tapping into the collective experience of our previous planetary restart - kind like the seed bank, Iron Mountain and the rest of the government doomsday efforts. Or he's a scammer...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

This lovely picture is hidden in there

Ehm, it is not quite hidden. It is right there when you enter the site.

This is a case of finding what you're seeking.

/HamP

Just pointing it out to those who may not have actually followed the links.. which happens a lot around here.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

As far as Im concerned the ones that seem to be so hip, as to see the "art", I will fund a large pool and he can drop as many little things full of hair and blood, and those that see the great artist (in a nice french accent) then they are welcome to jump right in..

My problem with the whole "Its just art you don't understand" argument is right along these lines. Who can appreciate that art at the bottom of the ocean? Are they gonna put a webcam down there? How do they even know it's their DNA? I see how it could be a narcissistic pleasure to contribute to such "avant garde" art, but in the grand scheme of things he isn't going to even make a ripple in the artistic community. No pun intended.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
adding fuel to the fire, there is a reasonable contention that the famous "ark" was simply a more elaborate version of this project. It wasn't Elephants, Mice and Wheat in physicality that was stored on the ark, but in fact the DNA, and the ark was more space ship then boat.

Could be he is simply tapping into the collective experience of our previous planetary restart - kind like the seed bank, Iron Mountain and the rest of the government doomsday efforts. Or he's a scammer...

Turning off my conspiracy mind for one second only, I'd go with the latter and say he is doing it totally for a future profit, such as a book or movie.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

This is the official trailer, pause it EXACTLY at 1:25. The yellow paper towards the back says FEED ME

HE is at a meeting in NETTO. NETTO is a convenience store. The logo is black and yellow. You can see the logo when he enters NETTO. He is standing on a rug. "Feed me" (black on yellow paper) refers to the food we buy in the store. Hornsleth has sold sheets, duvet covers and pictures of his art in the store. Therefore he is at a meeting in NETTO in the video. He collects money for his travels he does not make money.

/HamP

Touche but it's still CREEPY you gotta admit that
I threw you a star for that one.
edit on 5-8-2013 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

reply to post by ValentineWiggin

BTW, thanks for the return

All hell broke loose around the world and distracted me, aint nobody got time for that with something this interesting

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join