It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hornsleth Deep Storage Project is Deeply, Darkly, Weird!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

And while they are at it, they decided to add pollution to the mix.

Pollution is making the planet slowly change, and not in a good way, so this whole project is trying to keep things as they are right now. Like a giant DVD player with the pause button pressed, it’s holding this moment forever

Peace, NRE.

Because tossing a bunch of huge weird "eco-friendly" star structures is totally not pollution. I understand they are all made "green" but they are tossing them into depths we have yet to explore as you stated earlier. If a fish can get caught in the plastic bindings of a six pack of soda, who knows what is down there that could get caught up in these contraptions? Just a fleeting thought about that.

The wording is not scientific, it seems to be aimed at a younger demographic and not to mention children. "Like a giant DVD player" yeah that description gives the project a ton of scientific credibility. Give me a break!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I think what scares me most is not even knowing whats down there. If this goes into the ocean and breaks or leaks.. yeah Im going a bit science fiction here, but do we really want any of that?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I think what scares me most is not even knowing whats down there. If this goes into the ocean and breaks or leaks.. yeah Im going a bit science fiction here, but do we really want any of that?

Peace, NRE.

I am following you between the lines here. Let me slide right off the rocking chair into science fiction and say a couple of things...

Whatever is down there, do we really want to give it a nice taste of human blood?

If it spills, what kind of evolutionary weirdness could come of that?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Thats exactly how I felt when I learned about the voyager disc, same concept, different location, we seem to be wanting to screw ourselves on both ends.

We can barely have a conversation about evolution and creationism, but yeah, lets throw some DNA in the sea, and see what happens

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The funny thing is, they mention for future scientists to find and use. If it's in the trench for 10-15 thousand years, how the heck are they going to know it's there? I understand that the world would be different by then but someone would have to look for it. Besides steel pipes? Is there something I don't know about that would prevent it from corroding?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sellusnar

Apparently scientists, labs, equipment, oh and yeah maps will survive, they must have decided not to add that important information.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I would also like to point out some of the imagery from Hornsleth Arms Investment that is in a word... disturbing.

This lovely picture is hidden in there

Also seen here

All in this "certificate"?

edit on 3-8-2013 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I read their green policy. It would take a lot of money (hence supporters and donations) to come up with the technology for

A hermetically sealed electro-polished stainless steel pipe-structure, will ensure absolutely no erosion, or rust, in the oxygen void depths. A nano-engineered outer surface will prevent any organic material or life to reciprocate in any way with the sculpture too, and ensure that it will reflect brightly back, when lit upon with a light source. This will also ensure that it can be discovered again 10,000 years into the future.

And who's to say that would even last as long as they think it will? It would have to be tested and that would take a while.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Here ya go Val have some fun with this

www.hornslethvillageproject.com...

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Oh yeah that's TOTALLY reassuring

HORNSLETH VILLAGE PROJECT UGANDA

We want to help you, but we want to own you!

* The Hornsleth Village is an art project.

* 100 people from the small village Buteyongera in Uganda changes thier name to 'Hornsleth'

* Each person will go through the official legal name change process

* Each person will have an ID card issued to show their new 'Hornsleth' name

* Each person will be photographed holding their new Hornsleth ID * The portraits will be defined as an original art work

* The photo works will be 120 x 100 cm and will be presented in various art shows

* A professional documentary film crew is filming the process for Danish TV DR2

* A big book will be produced describing the project and showing all the photographs

* International art critics and philosophers will be invited to contribute

* The project is a business deal between Hornsleth and the appointed village opinon leaders

* The participators will recieve farm animals for their involvement according to agreement

* A locally well known animal re-distribution system will be implemented

* 5.000 people will in five years have recieved an animal from this project if it runs as planned * Don't worry, this is art

Source

Ah don't worry, it's just delousing.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
You would think there would be happier looking people in the photo, I mean they now have a farm animal, and a new name?!

How the hell is this art???

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hey but they gave them pigs!

Here are some of the testimonies from the people who took the animals. I choose to include thier names because you would like to check them out in the book.

1. An old woman called Nalongo Rodah got a pig from the project,at first before she got a pig,she was very sick of hernia and she had no money for the operation.but after getting the pig, it gave birth to 6 piglets, she returned 3 to the project. When her remeaning 3 made 6 months, she sold them off and when for the operation which was sucessfull. Now very happy woman and praises the project so much for having saved her life.

2. Gidunno Franco, also the chairman of the village, is very proud of the project. He got a pig, gave birth to 7 piglets, returned some to the project, and now he has opened up his only farm.

3. Mariam Namagero an old woman crippled says that she got a pig and sold it after giving birth, kept the piglets and she used the money to contruct a pit latrine which she lacked, so she is so much thankful for the project.

Source

Just a few examples of the powers of pigs.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You would think there would be happier looking people in the photo, I mean they now have a farm animal, and a new name?!

How the hell is this art???

Peace, NRE.

The art of manipulation? The art of a sociopath? I'm waiting for the section where they drink a bunch of kool-aid and jump on a comet.

Didn't the members of Heaven's Gate change their given names in exchange for one name which meant they were chosen to ascend to the next level of whatever the heck it was?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Here ya go Val have some fun with this

www.hornslethvillageproject.com...

Peace, NRE.

Here is that official certificate.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
www.langelandschoolmassacre.com...

www.merriam-webster.com...

In order to really understand this guy, a person has to have a full understanding of what conceptual art is. Typically, this form of art is rendered through inanimate objects This Hornsfeld character has taken it to the next level and is using humans. The problem, is that most people aren't on the level of this guy. Take the first link for example. This would cause outrage in the U.S., and probably even here on A.T.S. Some people however see it as a learning experience. How can a group of 14 year olds who live in a peaceful society and aren't bombarded by violent images all the time, have such an acute sense of what the aftermath of violence looks like and feels like? Because, in large part, violence is a very big part of who we are. And until you come face to face with it and deal with it on it's own terms, you will never be able to rise above it. If you don't stare your own demons down, they'll stare you down. Sadly though, most people don't have the stomach for that, which is why we are still an actively violent species.

People think there is a hidden agenda. I don't. He is so fully immersed in the field of art, that I really think he views people not as human, but as players on a stage. He's taken a lack of empathy and turned it into an art form. That village project. The only people who weren't against it were the people who benefited from it. The school project. The only people who weren't sickened by it were the kids who participated. Why do you think that is?

When you're actively doing something or otherwise immersed in a project, you're going to see it differently from someone who is just observing. That difference in participation is going to cause you to have a different perspective. Put a dash cam on a Ferrari that's doing 100mph on the Transfagarian highway and the person watching the scenery wizz by on CCTV is going to be EXTREMELY nervous. The driver though, is going to be having the time of his life.

I'm not saying I agree with what the guy is doing, but I'm not going to call him a freak of nature either. He's pushing the boundaries in his field of expertise to the point where he's detached from the majority of people and how they view right and wrong. Look back through history and see how society has typically viewed people who push the envelope, and just won't stop. They've been ridiculed, ostracized, branded as evil and, in some cases, murdered.

C'mon ATS, I'm disappointed by your lack of vision and your willingness to stay in the box of conventional thought.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This sounds legitimately like what they are up to, as all of the cards are clearly out on the table. I can see some peaceful culture in the future finding one of these and resurrect a human one day... haha... kidding

It seems like a pretty cool project. Great picture, O.P.!
edit on 3-8-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Wild! Thanks for posting. I had not heard of this.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

....It could be 500 to 100,000 years from now. Who knows? But this is a chance to be there when it happens!

So he's suggesting that your awareness would be 're-awoken' in your future clone....

For someone putting so much effort into a project, you'd think he'd do his homework first.

Your future clone would be your identical twin, but you would still be dead.

edit on 3-8-2013 by McGinty because: doh

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I certainly appreciate an unbiased and level view of it. Thank you for that contribution, well done on your part for presenting another way to look at it all.

Doesn't mean I agree.

I do respect.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
This sounds legitimately like what they are up to, as all of the cards are clearly out on the table. I can see some peaceful culture in the future finding one of these and resurrect a human one day... haha... kidding

It seems like a pretty cool project. Great picture, O.P.!
edit on 3-8-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

You sure you are kidding there buddy?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join