It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hornsleth Deep Storage Project is Deeply, Darkly, Weird!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I dont think that this person is looking for the WOW factor, this is wayyy beyond that.

Peace, NRE.
WOW factor is missing altogether from contemporary art practice, trying to be weird is just a fake, empty pose that counts in certain circles. Don't bother to try to find a deeper meaning, because there is none, trust me. Except, the phenomena of shallow quasi shocking art practices as such. Well, that IS disturbing.
edit on 3-8-2013 by Douriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Douriff

I meant did you check out the other links to this guy? Hes is what some might consider no longer an artist, if this is for the "artist" factor I sure hope others check out his past a bit more.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Douriff

I meant did you check out the other links to this guy? Hes is what some might consider no longer an artist, if this is for the "artist" factor I sure hope others check out his past a bit more.

Peace, NRE.
I told you, what normal folks consider art is not what contemporary art is. I spoke to some curators, who themselves consider some of modern art museum items freaky and demonic. This guy is no exception. You should search if interested to check what's going on in last several decades. I gave you a few links of most prominent "artist" in that branch (conceptual/performing)
edit on 3-8-2013 by Douriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Am i the only one seeing a Satanic connection here?

Blood, DNA loaded into a pentagram shaped star sculpture, and sent to the deepest part of our planet..as close to mythical Hell as possible.

Call me weird, but it seems much more like some kind of blood sacrifice or offering than preserving anything for the future.

And i'm not even remotely religious, and i can see what this crap is all about.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

No, your not the only one seeing more into this. There is one thing to display something in a gallery, and something entirely different being thrown into an ocean at a depth that we have not really searched yet.

This type of thing is more than a wack job looking for a few bucks, but he is using the guise of "artist" to extract DNA from people, and no one seems to ask... What the...

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Okay this is one of the most interesting things I have seen on ATS in a while. My mind went about a million different places all at once.

1) It's like a genetic time capsule.

2) Why so many?

3) (This is way out there but a random fact I know) Blood and hair are two main and sometimes only ingredients in shamanic talismans and rituals.

4) This guy is freaky weird and seems to air on the side of twisted, pulling in plenty of young donors who want to be able to say their DNA is at the bottom of the ocean

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Correct. Thats what I mean, if were not giving the "human" potion to the skies, now we are looking to get into the sea.

Its a known fact that we have never really had a chance to see what is down there, I mean really, isnt this just common sense?

To date, we have explored less than five percent of the ocean.

The ocean is the lifeblood of Earth, covering more than 70 percent of the planet's surface, driving weather, regulating temperature, and ultimately supporting all living organisms. Throughout history, the ocean has been a vital source of sustenance, transport, commerce, growth, and inspiration.

Yet for all of our reliance on the ocean, 95 percent of this realm remains unexplored, unseen by human eyes.

oceanservice.noaa.gov...

Peace, NRE.

shamanic talismans and rituals.

BTW, I have yet to even touch on that yet

I have been looking into the map and also the locations, dare I say there is also the possibility of stargates as well? Hmmm.
edit on 3-8-2013 by NoRegretsEver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

This is the official trailer, pause it EXACTLY at 1:25. The yellow paper towards the back says FEED ME

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

You are awesome, I did not catch that, nice.... FEED ME,WHAT??

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

The signs are Netto store ads. What are they doing getting involved in a project like this?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

You are awesome, I did not catch that, nice.... FEED ME,WHAT??

Peace, NRE.

Offerings to Cthulu?

On a more serious note (... as far as this topic goes? ... ) you could really go off into blood sacrifice territories like I said before with shamanism and talisman I believe that hair and blood are commonly offered up to the goddess Hekate to name one.

A little info on Hekate I found interesting given the subject matter

HEKATE (or Hecate) was the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts and necromancy. She was the only child of the Titanes Perses and Asteria from whom she received her power over heaven, earth, and sea.

More to see about that here.

I'm going to talk to someone I know about this aspect of it.
edit on 3-8-2013 by ValentineWiggin because: More info

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Now when you dig in to the site and look under their supporters and sponsors you find

Ambient Assisted Living (AAL) is ICT-enabled independent living by using products and services for better lives and functional capability of older adults to promote a healthier lifestyle and to support carers, families and care organizations. It is broadly speaking about older adults and people who take care of them, who will have an existing requirement for ICT solutions dependent on their lifestyle, physical or mental health, now or in the future

Their website is here

They are the -only- sponsor.
edit on 3-8-2013 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Besides the creepiness of the situation, can we really think that there are 5,000 "random" participants?

There could be 5,000 of a certain lineage, its not that difficult to get blood, so if I send a sample and I get a certificate thats supposed to be a guarantee that "my" blood is in there

Even if that is to far fetched for most, just think that this is supposed to last 10-15 thousand years! If something were to happen to humanity and we were in need to lets say.. repopulate, is this where the best supply is supposed to be?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Besides the creepiness of the situation, can we really think that there are 5,000 "random" participants?

There could be 5,000 of a certain lineage, its not that difficult to get blood, so if I send a sample and I get a certificate thats supposed to be a guarantee that "my" blood is in there

Even if that is to far fetched for most, just think that this is supposed to last 10-15 thousand years! If something were to happen to humanity and we were in need to lets say.. repopulate, is this where the best supply is supposed to be?

Peace, NRE.

That can go one of at least three ways.

1) A bunch of random DNA from macabre young artists will be used to (lets say) repopulate.
2) You are right, it may not be the donors actual blood and a "screening" process is involved.
3) None of those donations go in those "sculptures" and it's a front for who knows what reasons involving voluntary DNA donations.

Also in the grand scheme of things 5,000 is not a lot, I believe a sufficient number of people would want to be a part of it, enough to be able to truly screen all of the DNA somehow.

Why Ambient Assistant Living is sponsoring it makes it even more creepy in my opinion. I'll have to chew on the implications of that for a while.
edit on 3-8-2013 by ValentineWiggin because: ADD

Oh and my first impression on the shape of the sculpture made me think of the movie Contact. Random thought.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Apparently its as easy as sending in a "sample" and receiving a letter in the mail, I am sure that they have found more than 5,000 participants so far.

There are supposed to be more than 30 of these to be placed in the sea all over the world.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
So here is our horror story recipe. Which is incredibly fringe to what I would usually go into but it's just too good to not let my cheese slide off my cracker for a moment:

Oddly shaped capsule resembling the device from the movie Contact. (Which when you mentioned Stargates I nodded my head vigorously in agreement)
The only sponsor is Ambient Assisted Living.
There is one art focused organization in the list of supporters (supporters are DIFFERENT than sponsors)
The guy is creepy.
The paper says FEED ME.
The things are filled with blood and hair, almost forgot that part.
Just one mailed in packet of your DNA and you get a fancy certificate.
Tons will donate, DNA could hypothetically be screened for "some" purpose.

This REALLY reminds me of "The tickets". I don't know if anyone recalls that build up to the movie where you needed a ticket to go to the floating cities in the ocean in the event of an end of the world event. The site was up long before anyone admitted it was about a movie, you signed up there on the site for your "ticket" and got a number. This was a huge joke between one of my friends and I because we did it and when anyone talked doom around us we would say "We got our ticket!".

There seem to be too many organizations in support for it to be a scheme for an upcoming movie, but that did also cross my mind.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Because I am having so much for with this, thanks for the back and forth Val, here are a few other things that might be of interest

Even though its considered fiction....
giama.files.wordpress.com...

But this part is what gets me, especially since you mentioned the movie Contact.

WATER AND METAL Water and Metal are the key elements of Time Travel. Water is the barrier element for the construction of Time Portals used as gateways between universes at the Tangent Vortex. Metal is the transitional element for the construction of Artefact Vessels.

And here is a nice excerpt from the kids section of the page.

Do you want to know what the Deep Storage project is? There’s a very simple way to understand it.

You know when you prick your finger, and there’s a tiny drop of blood that appears? Well, there’s actually enough information about you right there to store away and maybe, just maybe bring you back way off in the far future.

You know when you watch Star Trek or Doctor Who, and you see that technology’s been invented that can make perfect copies of people? That’s what we’re talking about here. Genetic cloning.

You see, if you donate a tiny sample of blood to the Deep Storage Project, it will be kept in an extraordinarily safe way for the scientists of the future to hopefully find and use. And it’s going to be kept in something that nobody will ever forget.

Now, when you look at a star, and you draw the shape you can see in your mind, it has lots of points coming out from its centre. Well, the Deep Storage Project looks like an outline of that kind of pattern.

And it’s big. Huge. Eight metres wide and high. The whole thing is made of special steel pipes that have been carefully built to lock into place, like a jigsaw, and form the shape. And in its centre, there’s a special hole that’s been drilled out, especially designed to hold a tube made of super strong metal called titanium.

5,000 samples of blood donated by people will be in there, along with special samples from animals, plants and trees. It’s like an ark, storing all sorts of information for scientists about us, trees that are dying out and animals that won’t be alive in a few hundred years time.

Pollution is making the planet slowly change, and not in a good way, so this whole project is trying to keep things as they are right now. Like a giant DVD player with the pause button pressed, it’s holding this moment forever.

But, that’s not the end of it! The Deep Storage Project is going to be lowered into the sea. In the Pacific Ocean, there’s a very deep gorge called the Marianas trench. It goes down deeper than any other point in the ocean, and when the sculpture comes to rest there, it will wait for so long, longer that you can imagine, and one day people will be ready to bring it back to the surface. And that’s when science might, just might be able to let us all have a second chance!

www.deepstorageproject.com...

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Place DNA at the bottom of sea has a ritualistic feel to it where blood flesh is offered for sacrifice at certain locations.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Okie freakin dokie. Color me entirely disgusted. There is a KIDS SECTION!? How did I miss that. Holy mother of whoever is up there. That is absolutely frightening if you ask me in the context of the project. The way they explain it as a "tiny little prick of blood" (paraphrased) and use the child-friendly language is verging on the side of indoctrinating children into accepting the conservation of DNA for DNA manipulation purposes.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

And while they are at it, they decided to add pollution to the mix.

Pollution is making the planet slowly change, and not in a good way, so this whole project is trying to keep things as they are right now. Like a giant DVD player with the pause button pressed, it’s holding this moment forever

Peace, NRE.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join