It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hornsleth Deep Storage Project is Deeply, Darkly, Weird!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Ok, hopefully you stared at the pic for a while, now lets just see what this is about....

This is called the "Hornsleth" (hmmm), I say lets have a bit of fun with this, besides the shape, where it is going, and why this is here, lets see if we can really get into ATS mode, the way it is meant to be.

From the official site.

In the end of 2013 something extraordinary is going to happen. Something so strange and enthralling, that hearing the concept alone makes your imagination fly

Picture this; A vast steel sculpt, 8 by 8 by 8m, being lowered deep into the Pacific Ocean. This first of a series of sculpts will be stored into the Marianas trench, right to the bottom 11,000 metres down. With us so far? That’s 200 miles off Guam Island between Japan, the Philippines and Indonesia. Now, are you ready for the plot twist? It’s going to be full of human blood and hair samples, DNA.

This is art and hard science colliding head on. 30 locations around the world have attracted 5,000 willing donors or investors, if you like. All are rewarded with certificates proving they believed this might be a second chance.

Science is progressing faster than the greatest philosophers dare to predict, so who’s to say that there won’t be a point in the future when these samples can’s be utilized to bring people and endangered species back to life? It could be 500 to 100,000 years from now. Who knows? But this is a chance to be there when it happens!

How will we have evolved? How will humans be different? The Deep Storage Project is fighting back against the natural decay and erosion destroying all that we know and understand. People are embracing the ideals of the The Deep Storage Project, and in doing so, they are becoming a voice to be heard in the future.

Why is it that every time I think things cannot get any creepier... they do?!

But before you say, well we should know better, apparently us "humans" dont care at all where we spread our DNA, who finds it, what they do with it, and apparently playing god with humanity is far from.. far fetched.

Remember us just throwing the same kind of things into space?

Did someone say "as above, so below"? Sorry I had to

Here is a nice link to all the things that we already sent into space.
Contents of the Voyager Golden Record
en.wikipedia.org...

But wait... theres more...

The Deep Storage Sister Sculpture Grid

Five Deep Storage sculptures will placed deep into the ocean containing the DNA.
Similar so called sister sculpture will be placed on land, in order to witness and contribute the myth of the ocean stored versions.
The first sculpt will be lowered in early 2013 in the Marianas Trench near Guam Island.

www.deepstorageproject.com...

The coordinates are there, and I will be adding things that are found in the immediate area, I also find it amusing that they use the term "myth of the ocean".

Oh and of course amusing enough they are taking samples from those that "donate" it.

You are invited to invest one drop of your blood on a project paper slip and also give us 3-5 of your hairs including the hair root for DNA

One other drop of your blood goes on your Deep Storage Project Certificate

The certificate with your blood sample will be signed and numbered by Kristian von Hornsleth

The certificate is a gift for you and is a proof of participation

Your blood and hair DNA will be contained in the main Deep Storage sculpture in the Marianas Trench in late 2013

Special table size editons of the Deep Storage sculpture are availabe with engraved donors certificate number and Hornsleth signature HERE!

Amazingly enough I see no where that the samples are checked, verified, or even tested.

Please add what you think, this is something that I think can easily go into almost any forum, but come on guys really?!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It seems Mr Hornsleth himself is also deeply, darkly weird, egotistical, and untrustworthy. Based on his previous antics this is likely to be a scam which would also explain why there is no mention of the samples undergoing any checks. Potential investors or participants in this project should take a look at this en.wikipedia.org... The points you raise are good ones and this is still a good concept for discussion, but early evidence says there is something very off about this guy which is a pity because your OP is well thought out and interesting.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Removed coz I didn't read the OP first.

edit on 2-8-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Due to the vast amount of interest we have to charge 30 USD for handling and shipping, ORDER a DIY kit HERE!

Sound like a good money making venture.

Send me $30 and a drop of your blood, and I'll dump it into the ocean.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Its a depiction of what it will look like, it hasnt been done yet

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I agree with you. Dark, weird, and IMO "deeply disturbing". Don't trust Hornsleth at all.

The Hornsleth Village Project is a controversial conceptual art project by Danish artist Kristian von Hornsleth in which he went to the Ugandan village of Buteyongera and paid impoverished villagers to legally change their names to "Hornsleth". In exchange for consenting to have "Hornsleth" added to their identity documents, the villagers were given livestock. The project began in June 2006. In October 2006, Kampala officials put a stop to the project, citing ethical reasons.

Hornsleth Village Project

And this sculpture, man, it just does not look right. Something dark about it, too. Same as his Hornsleth logo, dark.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: Added text

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

Its a depiction of what it will look like, it hasnt been done yet

Peace, NRE.

Yep, realised AFTER I'd read the post. It just stuck out like a sore thumb, and you know how we are around this place about pics

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Yeah that would have been a real rookie move of me

Apparently there are some of the links that I cannot access due to being in another language, and of course my translate works when it feels like it, but it seems that even if this is a hoax, which I honestly hope that it is, he is making waves with it

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

Thanks for the link, this is one reallllyyy creepy guy. I tell you there are seriously some people out there that just have a serious agenda, and I am sure that if they find the right equally "crazy" millionaire, this might hit home a lot more than we think.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Ok seriously this gets more and more creepy as I look into it

www.hornsletharmsinvestment.com...

I cannot post a pic of the brand name as I would break the T&C, but come on people... this guy has been at it for many, many years.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Removed coz I didn't read the OP first.

edit on 2-8-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

The sculpture has been shopped in, the crane was holding something else in the original. That piece wouldn't be heavy enough to require two parts of line, half inch cable on two parts would be good to around 17,000 lbs, (appropriate for a crane that size)also using two parts would be undesirable in this application as you would need in excess of 22,000 feet of cable. Expensive, much better to go single part. Useless info I know, but rarely on here do I see my area of expertise arise.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Thanks for this link

I am thinking nothing is going down to the Mariana Trench end of 2013. People who invested, or those who are thinking about investing in this, well, I am just gonna hush..
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Everything about this guy points to you being absolutely correct. This "gentleman" is an accomplished pedlar of snakeoil.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames

I am thinking nothing is going down to the Mariana Trench end of 2013. People who invested or think about investing in this, well, I am just gonna hush..
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

If your buying into this scheme you will almost certainly be interested in the bridge I've got for sale.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Didn't James Bond kill this dude in Moonraker?

Just wondering... the premise seems familiar... deeply, darkly weird

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
There are as many weird art projects as you wish. Entire art scene has been weird, for quite a long time:
just to mention a few most prominent examples, that are just the tip of an iceberg (of art scene)

blood head
Damian Hirst
Marina Abramovic
machohist art practice

Many of this so called performances and conceptual art happenings are deeply disturbing and controversial. the goal is (supposedly) to bring the awareness (to whatever) (by shocking the audience).
edit on 2-8-2013 by Douriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I dont think that this person is looking for the WOW factor, this is wayyy beyond that.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

This is all very strange NRE. Are the elites expecting humanity to become extinct?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
He's a concept artist with the emphasis firmly on the CON part.

In a way, it's no more corrupt than a lottery. As long as he puts all the samples into a secure enough container and drops them in the Marianas Trench, he's giving them as equally unlikely a chance of being cloned in the future as the person who pays £2 for a lottery ticket has of getting the jackpot.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

You already know my answer to that... dont you

Peace, NRE.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join