It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists and false believers the greatest danger for Humanity.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
And darkness and fire shall be all around them in 21 days starting from today,because they have the mark of beast
'666'.

Many cries will be heard and the devil's soul shall burn in Eternal Fire.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

That's not the way I heard it. Apparently, you burn for a while...then you are destroyed. As in, there's nothing left of you. At all. Every part of you is expunged from the fabric of existence.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

That's not the way I heard it. Apparently, you burn for a while...then you are destroyed. As in, there's nothing left of you. At all. Every part of you is expunged from the fabric of existence.
You will be in Heaven.

And no, nothing gets destroyed,because everything is transforming.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Even the sinners? They just burn for a while, then are reclaimed by "God" after they've learned their lesson?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Even the sinners? They just burn for a while, then are reclaimed by "God" after they've learned their lesson?
When the black will become white maybe,but even then,the process will be very very long because nobody gives lessons there,just feelings.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
edit : nevermind
edit on 2-8-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

When the black will become white maybe,but even then,the process will be very very long because nobody gives lessons there,just feelings.

And how would you know that? Is this some kind of Mystic Christianity you have going on here? Because I'm pretty sure it's nowhere close to actual scripture. I find it a little amusing how you have apparently adjusted Christianity to your own way of think, believing it still counts as genuine Christianity, and then blame atheists and false believers for the problems in the world. Some would call you a false prophet, you know.

I wouldn't be saying any of this if you weren't so insistent on laying blame. I just figure if we're highlighting flaws here, we may as well add yours to the mix. Specks and planks, Piequal. Specks and planks.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'm an atheist. I have been since a teenager when the forced-dogma of the Baptist and Presbyterian churches I was obliged to attend made no sense while trying to indoctrinate me into the kind of intolerance exhibited in the opening post of this thread.

piequal3because14
Because an atheist doesn't have discernment,to discern between good and evil.

You're either making that up, or parroting false propaganda that makes you feel better about your ideology.

In the true sense of the word.For an atheist, humans are just numbers calculated in "too many".

You are so very wrong. Do you have any material evidence -- anecdotal or actual -- to support such an inflammatory statement?

So for him(her) disposing of a human being and indifference is a daily Status Quo.
Like they do not care about if someone dying on the street.
This is why they have false feelings and they are blind because they can see life only from today and not tomorrow.
Of course they behave with animals more gently and kind than with humans.

Wow, just wow. How incredibly unChristian of you. Here's some examples of what I, and fellow atheists, have done over the years...

- volunteered at church-run soup kitchens in many capacities (also city-run food banks)

- volunteered at disaster scenes (I've run my ham radio for 48+ hours on a generator in zones where all other communications have been out)

- worked as day-replacements for Christians, Jews, and Muslims who were low-income and otherwise forced to work on days that were Holy to them -- I've washed dishes, worked in a hotel cleaning crew, mopped floors, etc.

- worked with meals on wheels and hospices

But more importantly, I've never passed pre-judgement on anyone and am thankful I subscribe to no dogma that defines a list of "evil things" by which to judge others, as well as define actions for which I must feel guilt.

I don't tell anyone they're going to a place of eternal torment. I don't tell anyone that they represent all that is evil because they don't believe as I do (I've been told that recently, by someone I once respected). I don't tell anyone their choice of lifestyle is wrong. I do always strive to be a better person than I was yesterday. I do try to accomplish things that matter. I do these things because humanity needs us all to act this way -- be nicer, be better, be above hate.

You're opening post is a fine example of the intolerant hate that fills the mind of those indoctrinated into organized religions, however, you're unable to feel it or see it as hate. Just as you're unable to fathom telling someone they're going to hell, or that they are doing the work of Satan for not believing as you do, is a extremely rude insult of the most significant degree.

And here's a brain-twister for you. If you hold your beliefs dear, then you have no choice but to believe that your God has made me an atheist. And as such, has made all those who are atheists so. The purpose? To test your faith and your ability love one another. Ask yourself how you're doing on that.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It's all double speak, double think, whatever. Slavery is Freedom, War is Peace, Ignorance is Strength. The worst traits of humankind bring out the most productive tendencies. As long as society achieves exactly what its most authoritative components determine to be the best for all involved, who cares what means were used to obtain such ends? Eggs must be broken, etc etc.

Faith is knowledge. Fear is love. Oppression is security. These principles are why I personally am an atheist, and I disapprove of such principles being lauded and encouraged in intellectual society. While they may provide the anesthetic function that so many seem to crave, these doctrines do little to foster an emotionally and intellectually productive system by which to mold future generations into the visionary, comprehensive, compassionate leaders we want them to be.

Religion has a purpose as a positive philosophical construct, I admit this. It can be useful.

Key words: can be. Not will be, not is, but can be.

HOWEVER! I maintain that, in my opinion as determined by my critical observations of both the actualities and potentialities of religion as demonstrated by theists worldwide, religion is useful only insofar as it is a casual and recreational practice much the same as meditation and reading are utilized. When religion becomes as mandatory and invasive as taxes, that is when all susceptible parties become subject to the underlying dangers of religiosity...and this danger is only amplified by the psychological manipulation that leads to the redefining of our understanding regarding every abstract virtue we are familiar with, thereby disarming our inbuilt caution in regard to such philosophies. But perhaps some people want to be fooled. Maybe some want to be tricked. Maybe they want to wash their hands of every danger and risk involved in being human. I don't know.

There are legal obligations...and there are social protocols. To my thinking, social protocols are far more binding and pervasive than any legal obligation, and religion falls under this heading. Let religion be a choice of hobby and not a choice of career.
edit on 2-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

piequal3because14
Because I never lie.

But indeed you have. You are lying about atheists.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

If I may ask...why exactly are you an atheist? What prompted that final decision? Or if it wasn't just a snap decision, what happened to drive that process?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
If I may ask...why exactly are you an atheist?

It's complicated, and somewhat personal. However...

I was compelled to attend church services or religious indoctrination of some type several times a week: sunday school, sunday morning service, sunday evening service, weekly religion classes, wednesday prayer meetings, youth groups, etc.

As my mind evolved, I naturally asked questions after taking immediate offense to being told that all Catholics are going to hell. That made no sense to me. Several aspects of the Bible made no sense. And rather than work with me to help me understand, I was punished and humiliated in front of my peers in youth meetings. This happened in both Baptist and Presbyterian faiths. Ultimately I simply pretended to believe simply to get through the weeks without conflict with my parents and their church.

(The personal issue is family-related.)

Devoid of any spirituality, I'm at complete peace with myself -- a peace I never felt or enjoyed while believing, or pretending to believe.

Now, my motivations are simply defined: be a better person than I was yesterday, and tomorrow, be better than I was today. No complications of guilt or obligations.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

But more importantly, I've never passed pre-judgement on anyone and am thankful I subscribe to no dogma that defines a list of "evil things" by which to judge others, as well as define actions for which I must feel guilt.

I don't tell anyone they're going to a place of eternal torment. I don't tell anyone that they represent all that is evil because they don't believe as I do (I've been told that recently, by someone I once respected). I don't tell anyone their choice of lifestyle is wrong. I do always strive to be a better person than I was yesterday. I do try to accomplish things that matter. I do these things because humanity needs us all to act this way -- be nicer, be better, be above hate.

BRAVO!!!
Hey, S.O., could you please give yourself an Applause for this post? (I'd do it, but I can't.
)
THANK you for joining this thread - how very unexpected!!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
You will be in Heaven.

What are those who are thrown into the fire transformed into?

Why would you want someone to be tossed into fire, instead of helping them to be better people?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

So he deserves an applause, but none of the other atheists do? Even those who paraphrased what he said before he said it?

Just joshin...you know I love ya.

edit on 2-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Devoid of any spirituality, I'm at complete peace with myself -- a peace I never felt or enjoyed while believing, or pretending to believe.

Very few people enjoy this outlook. In the end, going beyond spirituality is what spirituality is for.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

In the end, going beyond spirituality is what spirituality is for.

Care to explain this in greater detail? I never had the impression that you were particularly spiritual. In fact, I've always thought you looked down on spirituality as an impractical abstraction of the imagination. Mind you, I've always respected that view and understood how you came to have it.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Care to explain this in greater detail? I never had the impression that you were particularly spiritual. In fact, I've always thought you looked down on spirituality as an impractical abstraction of the imagination. Mind you, I've always respected that view and understood how you came to have it.

I considered myself spiritual—still do, but not in the way "spiritual" is used today. I was a buddhist monk for years, lived in Tibet and India to study buddhism, and was a practicing ascetic as I travelled the world on a 5 year "spiritual journey". But, like all ideals, these fell away when I came to the realization that I didn't need them anymore, and likely never did. Being taught how to live, adhering to another man's principles, his spirituality, cannot be an act of spirituality. Everyone knows that if one forever remains a student, he does his teachers great dishonor.

So though it seems I am anti-spiritual, I consider myself pro-spiritual and pro-creativity.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Everyone knows that if one forever remains a student, he does his teachers great dishonor.

And when, pray tell, does the student become a teacher? It must be noted here than even teachers are students, to the end of their days.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

And when, pray tell, does the student become a teacher? It must be noted here than even teachers are students, to the end of their days.

I don't think they become teachers, I think they become creators.

However, lets not promote this thread any longer, and let it die like intolerance should.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join