It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman stopped by Texas police for speeding, had gun in car

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Looks like George is off to find greener pastures. Texas perhaps?

George Zimmerman was stopped by police for speeding in Forney, Texas Sunday afternoon, TMZ is reporting.

During the stop, he said he was headed "nowhere in particular" and told the officer he had a gun in his glove compartment.
Source

Well, it's a big state. Not everyone there can know him by sight alone, right? The DOJ must be blowing little fuses to hear he's out wandering the nation with another gun though. lol... I can imagine the scene. It's perfectly legal in a good number of states that way though. More power to him. After all, he was acquitted.

Anyway, it's just interesting to see he isn't hiding in his home. I wasn't sure what he'd do, but I had a feeling that staying close to home wouldn't top the list.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

My guess is he needs a gun now more than ever. Looking over his shoulder nervously for the rest of his life.

Was it worth it, George?

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

We did it to him. This entire media debacle wasn't even on anyone's radar until the MSM and this administration held a mob trial for him.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hes in transit to or past Dallas because Forney is a little hick town several miles east of Dallas. Ive driven through it many times.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Do you know how many people in Texas own a firearm? And how many keep one in their car? Lots.

Anyone making a big deal out of this doesn't know Texas very well. Guns are about as common as toilet paper down there.
edit on 31-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just like Florida. And unlike GZ, I don't have a CCW, but not illegal for me to have my pistol in my center console.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Are you in Texas?
I am, I also do not have a CCW but I do carry my pistol in my truck as well. I do believe I am breaking the law though because I carry it fully loaded (with .40 Zombie Max Ammo
)
Instead of carrying the gun and ammo separately
edit on 31-7-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa
reply to post by intrptr

We did it to him. This entire media debacle wasn't even on anyone's radar until the MSM and this administration held a mob trial for him.

Respectfully disagree. Nobody told him to chase somebody down and kill them. In fact, I think he was told not to.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I think the fact he popped up in Texas is far more interesting than the fact a man who has countless active death threats is carrying a legal gun in a proper way. That part is what I imagine catches the Department of Justice (Still investigating him for Fed charges to carry further on) as much as it did the media.

I'll just find it interesting if he appears as a new resident of another distant state. Smart move, I'd say. He could pick worse states too, that's for sure. Texas would be welcoming by what I gather from people living down there.

+24 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Originally posted by Evil_Santa
reply to post by intrptr

Respectfully disagree. Nobody told him to chase somebody down and kill them. In fact, I think he was told not to.

Except the trial demonstrated that is not what happened.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
reply to post by Gazrok

Are you in Texas?
I am, I also do not have a CCW but I do carry my pistol in my truck as well. I do believe I am breaking the law though because I carry it fully loaded (with .40 Zombie Max Ammo
)

No, buddy, you ought to be legal under the traveling law. It changed a few years ago to qualify almost any person carrying in their car. I don't want to provide legal advice, but it is my opinion you are legal, look it up if you are interested. I'm in TX too.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

I am, I also do not have a CCW but I do carry my pistol in my truck as well. I do believe I am breaking the law though because I carry it fully loaded

Nope, in Texas, you're good.

A person may carry a loaded handgun without a permit while in or heading directly to a motor vehicle or watercraft they own or control. The statute does not specifically state the handgun must be concealed while heading to the vehicle or watercraft, and 46.02, which requires concealment of a handgun while in a motor vehicle or watercraft, is not applicable to a person while the person is traveling, pursuant to said activites. 46.15(b)(2).

Statute PC 46.02, PC 46.15 (Peaceable Journey Laws)

In FL, about the same, except without a permit, we have to keep it either in the center console, glove compartment, or some other container (can't be immediately available for use). Texas does not have this restriction (just that it be concealed while NOT traveling).

edit on 31-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

reply by Intrptr

Reply byNavyDoc

Except the trial demonstrated that is not what happened.

I thought the 911 tape was real? Correct me if I misunderstood...

Wasn't George told by 911 Dispatch, "We don't need you to do that", before he confronted Trayvon?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
reply to post by Gazrok

Are you in Texas?
)

No Sir, you are not breaking the law. The new Motorist Protection Act cover you.

80(R) HB 1815

article

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Here's the police report.

And you missed a quote

He also asked the police officers:

Do you recognize me from TV?
Source
This guy can't keep out of the news, huh? What are the chances??? First, he "rescues" a family from an accident. Now, he's pulled over for speeding? Come on.
I bet you, curiosity would find him on Mars.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Man I just find it funny that everything this guy does is now news. He is right up there with Elvis sightings right now. Zimmerman sightings.
I could see a reality show coming up.

Anyway glad to see he has protection with him. He may want to tone it down when crossing some of the less friendly states on his way back.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Wasn't George told by 911 Dispatch, "We don't need you to do that", before he confronted Trayvon?

"We don't need you to do that", is WAY different than "DO NOT DO THAT".

Also, if I recall, during the trial timeline, it appears GZ lost sight of TM, and then TM found and confronted GZ, a fight ensued, thereupon Stand Your Ground then legally applied.

I won't argue that the law should have some clarifications added. Legally, GZ is in the clear, but morally, I think his actions violated the "spirit" of the law, if not the letter.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I thought the 911 tape was real? Correct me if I misunderstood... Wasn't George told by 911 Dispatch, "We don't need you to do that", before he confronted Trayvon?

Yeah, the tape is real...so how does the statement (coming from a dispatcher who has ZERO legal authority, by the way) "We don't need you to do that." translate into a directive?

reply to post by Gazrok

Thank God for moralists like George Zimmerman. Because of him, we have one less punk, thug, gangsta-wannabee, hoodie-wearin, pants-on-the-ground, dope-fiend, idiot walking the streets...I just pray he was unable to procreate prior to his death...

edit on 31-7-2013 by totallackey because: further content

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

SYG wasn't part of the trial he didn't invoke that law. The media would have you think different but that's the media.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
He probably used his Zimmy powers to detect a crime and was rushing to the scene before Twatman stole his thunder.

edit on 31-7-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join