It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman stopped by Texas police for speeding, had gun in car

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Does he live in Texas and if not what is he doing there?
edit on 31-7-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

"We don't need you to do that", is WAY different than "DO NOT DO THAT".

Thanks for clarifying that George was attacked "later". Still think dispatch was trying to prevent a confrontation.

Things are different from state to state too. Where I live I have direct experience with a thousand "security guards" that are subservient to the local pd. As a dumpster diver I was aware of the "rules" that apply. The guards job is to observe the "perpetrators" from a distance, maintain eye contact and stay on the line, as police are on the away. They aren't to approach or confront "suspects". If confronted they are to retreat.

George was "neighborhood watch", but I think the same general "rules" still apply. I don't live in Florida, though.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

If you watched the critical parts of the trial, and watched interviews with Mark O'Mara & Don West your questions would be answered.

Every thread concerning George Zimmerman turns into the same argument and the same debate with it being littered with misinformation.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Yeah, the tape is real...so how does the statement (coming from a dispatcher who has ZERO legal authority, by the way) "We don't need you to do that." translate into a directive?

What? 911 dispatch no legal authority? Someone else can redirect that opinion.

I'll say this. They had a lot more authority than self appointed George Zimmerman did.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

If you are going to disagree you should at least have your facts right.

It wasn't a 911 call. It was a call to the police department dispatch.

He also Never chased anyone down to kill them.

He was investigating suspicious activity and was attacked by a juvenile delinquent thug.

Also make note that after the dispatch told him that " we don't need you to do that ", and then he asked him what the suspect was doing.

edit on 31-7-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

Every thread concerning George Zimmerman turns into the same argument and the same debate with it being littered with misinformation.

The 911 dispatch tape was not mis-information. Quite clearly you hear them advise George in their capacity to his limit of engaging suspects. His "job" is to keep his distance, keep eyes on and wait for the real authorities to arrive. He knew this. Every self appointed neighborhood watch wannabe is taught this uppermost.

20/20 hindsight. If he had done that initially, (stayed in his car) then this wouldn't have happened. Thats my response to any call of justifiable homicide. And I respect the verdict, too.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Not relevant...they gave no directive, so their authority is a moot point.

"We don't need you to do that" could also be interpreted as "That'd be cool, but you don't have to", which is likely how GZ took it.

The above poster nailed it:

There are at least a handful of MAJOR points of misinformation due to mainstream media coverage. But if one takes the time to actually look at the day to day summaries of key points, etc., they'll find the jury had no choice but to acquit. There was even one juror who felt him guilty but as she was instructed to obey the letter of the law, she had to find him innocent.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Removed reply
edit on 31-7-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit,

I think George may be looking for another home front.

The problem is that his cover keeps getting blown.

It is a Fantastic idea for him to keep a weapon handy. I would think that Everyone would agree that he is in a fair amount of Danger no matter where he goes in the Country.

There was a guy one time named John Dillenger. He was Labeled as Public Enemy #1.

George Zimmerman is the Exact Opposite. He has been made into a Public Target #1.

Hopefully he will find a nice quiet place to settle down.

Unfortunately, I think the rest of his days will probably be spent fortifying his position.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Well, damn.. Ive been paranoid everytime a cops behind me for nothing.. thanks lol.
edit on 31-7-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

"We don't need you to do that" could also be interpreted as "That'd be cool, but you don't have to", which is likely how GZ took it.

I don't know why thats a sticking point. "We don't need you to do that" is what was said. I got That. When the police say it they are just being nice. I also know that Georges only capacity is to keep his distance (stay in his car), keep eyes on and wait for authorities to arrive. Even getting out of his car was not required.

By the way, so its clear I believe in the right to personal self defense and applying lethal force, just don't think it was justified here.

ETA: By the way, If the police smile and even suggest you do something, I would take that literally. Just from experience.
edit on 31-7-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

just don't think it was justified here

As Is, .. I find your sarcastic remarks regarding an off topic issue UNJUSTIFIED here as well.

2nd

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
Here's the police report.

And you missed a quote

He also asked the police officers:

Do you recognize me from TV?
Source
This guy can't keep out of the news, huh? What are the chances??? First, he "rescues" a family from an accident. Now, he's pulled over for speeding? Come on.
I bet you, curiosity would find him on Mars.

some news network. tmz television tabloid, goes out looking for dirt and trying to find celebrities to make fun of.
the msm news outlets only picked it up later.

and if he wants to go to mars he's free to do so. he's a free man. no limits to where it is lawful for people to go.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

and if he wants to go to mars he's free to do so. he's a free man. no limits to where it is lawful for people to go.

Yah, but would you want him living down the street from you. He breaks traffic laws too. You want him speeding down the street-armed, where your children play?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Yah, but would you want him living down the street from you. He breaks traffic laws too. You want him speeding down the street-armed, where your children play?

Lmao.. youve never broken a traffic law before,, you follow the speed limit every time you drive? Hell I speed everyday in one way or another and im betting you do to.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

My guess is he needs a gun now more than ever. Looking over his shoulder nervously for the rest of his life.

Was it worth it, George?

Self defence is always worth it. What an absurd question.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

looking at the report, he was on U.S. Hwy 80 which is a four lane Hwy. and if you look at the video, there are fence and frontage rds. no neighborhood,

and i bet you speed on your way to and from work from time to time.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The 911 dispatch tape was not mis-information. Quite clearly you hear them advise George in their capacity to his limit of engaging suspects. His "job" is to keep his distance, keep eyes on and wait for the real authorities to arrive. He knew this. Every self appointed neighborhood watch wannabe is taught this uppermost.

And so he did stop with respect to the dispatcher, he answered questions asked by the dispatcher concerning Trayvon, and THEN when he was told that he doesn't need to follow him he stopped. I don't see the debate you kind of answered your own question.

Link

Mark O'Mara

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

20/20 hindsight. If he had done that initially, (stayed in his car) then this wouldn't have happened. Thats my response to any call of justifiable homicide. And I respect the verdict, too.

No, No, No...

If Trayvon didn't punch him in the face and continue to pummel him, this wouldn't have happened.

I love how people are like "Omg, beating someone senseless doesn't warrant being shot"

Following your logic here, let me tell you the REAL scoop. Being "followed" doesn't warrant you to punch someone in the face.
edit on 31-7-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If George is out driving around Texas looking for a place to hide....

Lubbock would be a good place...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join