It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman stopped by Texas police for speeding, had gun in car

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I wasn't on "those threads", sorry. For me its new hash. And pertinent to George Zimmerman's general attitude. He thinks he's above the law. And he is.

Well, for whoever in this thread is confused about the 911 call, it’s been explained already. He wasn’t ORDERED not to follow…he was told by a $9 employee of the county that it “wasn’t necessary” to follow; big difference! He didn’t FOLLOW Martin….he lost sight of Martin. When he got out to RE-GAIN sight he was jumped….a fight ensued….Martin noticed the gun in his waistband and said “You’re gonna die tonight” as he reached for it. GZ pulled and shot from his back while mounted.

SELF DEFENSE…..Acquittal…case closed!

He gets pulled over for speeding and let go with a warning.
Haven’t you at some point? I have and I’m certainly noone special.

edit on 31-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Someone driving over the speed limit on a TX highway. There's a news flash. Most of the time it is hard to find someone other than me driving the limit.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Good for George

He needs to get away from all the blood thirsty haters, who support the the whole death threat sponsors. Those are the people who disgust me.

I hope him and his family find a nice place to live away from the death threats.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

My guess is he needs a gun now more than ever. Looking over his shoulder nervously for the rest of his life.

Was it worth it, George?

More then ever because crazy people are threatening him that believe he is guilty of anything when a jury, who saw the evidence and heard the testimony, found him not guilty.

I'm sure given another chance, he wouldn't do the same thing. My guess is, he doesn't feel it was worth it.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Is George running away from karma? He is speeding and state-hopping for no apparent reason.

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth."
-Proverbs 28:1

You decide.
edit on 31-7-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Someone driving over the speed limit on a TX highway. There's a news flash. Most of the time it is hard to find someone other than me driving the limit.

Can you imagine that new tollroad they built near San Marcus.. Max Legal Limit is 85, I would easily cruise along at 95 on it..
Most cops throughout every Texas city Ive lived in, wont even bother pulling you over unless youre 10 mph over, except school zones of course.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

My guess is he needs a gun now more than ever. Looking over his shoulder nervously for the rest of his life.

Was it worth it, George?

Why should he be in fear of his life? This type of thinking amazes me....

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I have accepted the jury's decision.

Sadly I don't think GZ deep down in his heart has accepted it.

Romans 2:15.... They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If old George didn't have a gun in his glove box the state of Texas would have probably issued him one . George can carry concealed in states that honor Florida's CCW license .

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202
Two Facts That Need to be Repeated Endlessly About the Zimmerman-Martin Situation

(1) The Zimmerman Trial was NOT a Stand Your Ground Case, Here's Why:
When an individual charged with a crime asserts self-defense to explain his or her actions, the Stand Your Ground statute is an option that the accused can assert as his or her defense. If the accused chooses a Stand Your Ground defense, a special court hearing is conducted. The procedure for a Stand Your Ground hearing is as follows: The accused's lawyers make a presentation to a judge providing evidence and argument that their client is immune from that which he is charged under the Stand Your Ground statute. Following the defense presentation, the prosecution delivers a presentation against immunity. Following the presentations, the judge makes a ruling to determine if the accused is immune from charges under the Stand Your Ground statute. If the judge finds the accused immune, charges are dropped. If the judge does not find the accused to be immune under Stand Your Ground, a full criminal trial is conducted. Since the above procedure never occurred in this case, it was NOT a Stand Your Ground case.

(2) Trayvon Martin Didn't Have to Die that Night:
- If Trayvon Martin did not choose to violently attack George Zimmerman, he would still be alive.
- If Trayvon Martin chose to continue to his dad's girlfriend's residence, he would still be alive.
edit on 7/31/2013 by NickDC202 because: (no reason given)

Nailed it!

Bumping for accuracy.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

He gets pulled over for speeding and let go with a warning.

Haven’t you at some point? I have and I’m certainly no one special.

Nitpicking is the pastime of pointing out minor flaws or mistakes. The term is almost always used in a negative light.

Nitpicking (pastime)

Sounds about right...........

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Why should he be in fear of his life?

Note how quickly he exited the state of Florida. My guess is he wore out his welcome there. Would you go back home if you were him?

I don't care how hard core, theres this back of the neck itch in the middle of the night when you hear a noise outside your door. It wears on the soul.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

reply to post by introV

No, No, No...

If Trayvon didn't punch him in the face and continue to pummel him, this wouldn't have happened.

You mean if Trayvon didn't come back and confront Zimmerman for following him (which dispatch said wasn't necessary, by the way).
Following someone is NOT AGAINST THE LAW!!!!
Jumping someone and beating the hell out of them is ASSAULT and IS AGAINST THE LAW

Zimmerman did not engage Martin physically, which seems to be glossed over completely

When a guy is slamming your head into the concrete, you have every right to defend yourself. if it was a white on white, or black on black crime, few would be taking martins defense
edit on 1-8-2013 by CoolStoryMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Look, just because you and a jury bought that story, it doesn't mean everybody else has to purchase these defective goods.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

The DOJ must be blowing little fuses to hear he's out wandering the nation with another gun though. lol.

He has a lifetime handgun carry licenses...why is this a big deal again? Everyone has a right to protect themselves.
edit on 1-8-2013 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by intrptr

Wasn't George told by 911 Dispatch, "We don't need you to do that", before he confronted Trayvon?

"We don't need you to do that", is WAY different than "DO NOT DO THAT"..

That's because the 911 operator isn't allowed to give instructions. They didn't want him to follow but can't say it that way, so it's worded as a suggestion.
That was explained during testimony.
The rest of it about trayvon coming at him is only zimmermans version and his only.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
"We don't need you to do that", is WAY different than "DO NOT DO THAT".

This is an absolutely pointless argument, but I keep seeing things said on these boards that just drive me absolutely nuts. Let us start with the above quoted piece.

No, the 911 dispatcher did not say, "Do not do that". The dispatcher actually can not give advice at all becomes it makes them legally liable should something go wrong. That being said, if you really think "We don't need you to do that" is not a polite way of saying, "Dont do that" than you are absolutely fooling yourself. Although the 911 dispatcher did not specifically say, "Do not do that" I can tell who did specifically say that.

The police representatives who helped Zimmerman to organize the neighborhood watch program. Not following, not confronting, being nothing more than an observer was the Policy that they taught and continue to teach to this very day.

Also, if I recall, during the trial timeline, it appears GZ lost sight of TM, and then TM found and confronted GZ, a fight ensued, thereupon Stand Your Ground then legally applied.

Then you recall incorrectly. None of what you say here was ever proven. The truth is, no one knows but Trayvon and Zimmerman and only one person is alive to tell the story. Personally I think this point was one of many mistakes prosecutors made. They never attacked Zimmerman's story or focused much on the inconsistencies. If anything, they conceded these points.

Also "Stand your ground" did not apply to this case nor was the defense based on Stand your ground. It was a self defense case, that's it. Therefor by saying "Stand your ground legally applied" you are dead wrong. The Stand your ground law was not the standard in this case. Self defense was.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222
Is George running away from karma? He is speeding and state-hopping for no apparent reason.

Oh please. Zimmerman haters are really something ...

He is an innocent man who was falsely accused of murder and brought to trial with no evidence.
He was abused by a media and (in)justice system and falsely accused of race-hatred.
He is still being pursued by race baiters and idiots who think he is guilty of murder.
He is still being pursued by politicians who care more about their reputations than an innocent man.
He is a marked man because morons keep pointing at him screaming 'murderer' when he isn't one.

Being a marked man, he is obviously looking for a safer place to live then the one in Florida
that is marked by race baiters, murdering new Black Panthers, and the brain dead.

Zimmerman going to Texas ... SMART MOVE on his part.
Unfortunately, TMZ decided to advertise where Zimmerman is.

He is innocent. He's a victim of the press. He's a victim of race baiters. He's a victim of idiots who dont' understand the law or the facts of the case. People need to get educated on the facts of the case, leave the guy alone and get a life.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
If I was George Zimmerman, I think I would keep a gun in my car as well. Not kidding.
edit on 1-8-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom

If I were him, I'd be driving in an armored vehicle after all the ludicrous death threats from certain groups.
People need to let an innocent Zimmerman live his life.

Please. GZ is looking for trouble and I'll wager he'll find it soon enough. He's tasted blood and I think he enjoyed it. I'm over the whole TM - GZ issue, after all TM deserves to RIP. GZ isn't looking for peace.

"Do you recognize me from tv"~~how immature is that to ask an officer. But it was cute how the officer told him to quit playing with his gun (not sure if play was the word, but close). He opened his glove box without being prompted by the officer..he might just get a little to cocky with the wrong officer if he's not careful. Stranger things have happened,

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join