It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alright, I'll Say It. " Pope Francis: The Black Pope" ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I never start threads in this forum, mostly because I'm non-religious and somewhat think the whole thing is a conspiracy in itself.

However, I was having a chat with a few of my Catholic friends the other night and they were talking about the Black Pope, that is suppose to show up before the End Times right?

Anyway, they think it's this guy.

Because he's so damn liberal. Considering his recent advocacy of homosexuality in some respects, along with his deviation from a lot of classical 'pope' things, what do you all think?

I'm genuinely curious as to what this means to those who subscribe to prophetic end times scripture.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Self fulfilling prophesy? I believe that anything that's said to happen in time WILL happen in time.
Fate....we make ours daily.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The Superior General of the Society of Jesus (the leader of the Jesuit order) is also called the "Black Pope". Considering the Pope is a former Jesuit (supposedly), he could very well be.

en.wikipedia.org...

S+F Tenth.

edit on 30-7-2013 by Lunarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunarian

Huh, that's interesting, I had forgotten about that. I'm not familiar with Biblical prophecy enough anymore to really make the judgements about the black pope, but I would think that the leader of the most popular sect of religion would make a better patsy than then Jesuit one.

Thoughts?

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I can't really say for sure. I'm not all that familiar with Biblical Prophecy either, having rarely gone to church and never having read the Bible in its entirety. But if nothing else, it's an interesting coincidence. Especially if the Pope truly is a former Jesuit.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The Black Pope prophecy isn't Biblical, Popes aren't even mentioned in the Bible. I think it started with ST. Malachy.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Naaaaah. I think he's just following the spirit of St. Francis of Assisi.
I wasn't fond of Ratzinger (Benedict) at all.
But this fella ... so far anyways .... is
in my eyes.
(I"m keeping a close eye on what he says about the money stuff ...
Not sure about that part)
But his 'spiritual' part .... awesome. He's doing St. Francis proud ...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Carreau

The Black Pope prophecy isn't Biblical, Popes aren't even mentioned in the Bible. I think it started with ST. Malachy.

Really?

I thought that was all part of revelation. I guess not when I googled it, it was Saint Malachy.

I could of sworn I'd read something in revelation about a beast being at the head of the church or something like that.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

That's right...I completely forgot about the St. Malachi prophecy. That's where the reference to the "Black Pope" originates from.

Thus I've just demonstrated my true lack of Biblical knowledge admirably.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
List of St. Malachy's Popes in Prophecy
St. Malachy doesn't list any 'black pope' at the end of his popes prophecy.
It has to come from somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunarian

I dont know if you demonstrated a lack of knowledge. You however have proven like any story, its susceptible to inadvertent changes through the millennium. From one language to the next, from one mouth to the next...how much of the bible is in its original context?
edit on 30-7-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Found here

Attributed to St. Malachy, an Irish archbishop canonized in 1190, the Prophecy of the Popes would date to 1139. The document predicted that there would be only 112 more popes before the Last Judgment — and Benedict XVI is 111.

The list of popes originated from a vision Malachy said he received from God when he was in Rome, reporting on his diocese to Pope Innocent II.

The story goes that St. Malachy gave the apocalyptic list to Innocent II and that the document remained unknown in the Vatican Archives some 440 years after Malachy’s death in 1148. It was rediscovered and published by Benedictine Arnold de Wyon in 1590.

The prophecy consists of brief, cryptic phrases in Latin about each Pope. It ends with the 112th pope, named “Petrus Romanus” or “Peter the Roman.”

According to the premonition, Peter the Roman would “feed his flock amid many tribulations, after which the City of the Seven Hills shall be utterly destroyed, and the awful Judge will judge the people.”

I didn't see any mention of a black pope directly either. I always thought it was a symbolic type of label.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations, and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills [i.e. Rome] will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The End.

Sounds like history repeating its self to me....who is the judge? Christ?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have found a few references to an old italian prophecy eluding to a 'black pope', however there is no real source as to who may have said it. The prophecy goes--
"When the White Pope and the Black Pope shall die during the same night, then there will dawn upon the Christian nations the Great White Day"

What this means exactly, I have no idea.
From what i recall, The current pope was/is second in command of the Jesuits, but i may be mistaken.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I just think he's the first Pope in a long time who "walks the walk" instead of just talking out of his hat. Some folks don't like it when you live your life by the meme "What would Jesus do?" I give him a big thumbs Up
but I worry that there are those at the Vatican who might would like to see the new Pope take a short walk on a long pier- just saying what everyone is already thinking!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I agree, there hasn't been a Pope in my lifetime that seemed to have walked the talk he was giving.

I like Francis, he might be a very good catalyst for change within the Church and modernize it.

It's much needed.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
All you really need to know is the current Pope is of the Jesuit Order. That in itself is bad news.

Here is everything corrupt about the Jesuit order.

one-evil.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by occrest

White Pope Pope Benedict XVI retired.. is still alive and will continue to wear papal white and be known as Pope emeritus
Black Pope Francis... now in charge..

I wonder if Rome is trying to fullfill the prophecy of two Popes

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
He is a Jesuit, and Jesuits used to be called "Black"robes because of the black robe they wore.

Of course, all of this is self-fulfilling. Those who put Francis at the top were aware of the connection between "black" and "Jesuit".

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I haven't read the cool thread yet.... " just chimed in " to say ABOUT TIME somebody said that...
yezzirr we that are "in the know" here in Texas back that thread title up....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join