It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are no Alien Ships visiting Earth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

A statement which is completely incapable of being proven true.

A statement which is completely incapable of being proven untrue.

I just want to point out your statement can be phrased that way as well and it would be just as valid.
That is incorrect. If an alien craft landed in your front yard right now, that statement(thread title) would immediately be proven to be undeniably false. So yeah, it is definitely capable of being 'proven untrue'.

Regardless of that↑ however, I never claimed that it wasn't true. I made no definitive statements regarding anything having to do with the actual possibility of extraterrestrials visiting Earth.

On the other hand, the OP made that statement as if it was an irrefutable fact, which it most certainly is not.

[color=44DB86]Honestly, I can't even think of a good reason for me to have even joined this nonsensical argument in the first place. There are so many holes within the OP's highly flawed logic, that it's not even worthy of discussion. This is pointless.....

edit on 7/25/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I've always held an interest in ufos ,I wanted to believe and that clouds your judgment ,I am more of a sceptic now,I have never seen any smoking gun footage that sealed it for me ,until that day I remain open minded but skeptical.

It may change your perspective when you realise how insignificant earth is in the vast cosmos,I am sure their is life on other planets but the scale of the universe makes it rather unlikely that beings would visit this tiny speck of dust,still it's not impossible.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Grimpachi

Originally posted by Grimpachi

A statement which is completely incapable of being proven true.

A statement which is completely incapable of being proven untrue.

I just want to point out your statement can be phrased that way as well and it would be just as valid.
That is incorrect. If an alien craft landed in your front yard right now, that statement(thread title) would immediately be proven to be undeniably false. So yeah, it is definitely capable of being 'proven untrue'.

Regardless of that↑ however, I never claimed that it wasn't true. I made no definitive statements regarding anything having to do with the actual possibility of extraterrestrials visiting Earth.

On the other hand, the OP made that statement as if it was an irrefutable fact, which it most certainly is not.

[color=44DB86]Honestly, I can't even think of a good reason for me to have even joined this nonsensical argument in the first place. There are so many holes within the OP's highly flawed logic, that it's not even worthy of discussion. This is pointless.....

edit on 7/25/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

As someone else said earlier the Alien UFO community is sounding more and more like religion. Your logic would apply to god or Godzilla coming down and setting foot in my backyard as well.

If something exists it is provable if it does not you cannot expect others to prove a negative. The logical fallacy I was talking about you should look it up and familiarize yourself.. At this point there is 0 tangible evidence for alien UFOs out there just a bunch of first and second hand accounts frankly there is more evidence for gods.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Aliens and humans. In my humble opinion I judge myself as something else than human. I refuse to be a human simply because that i my given right. I can choose to not be a human in my mental state if I wish so, even if my DNA is that of a human. That said; I say I am human when it suits me since not being human means not being able to get a paid job, or a drivers license or free speech.

On the question of Alien visitation one should ask whether there is need for aliens to visit us. Truth be told there is very little use to visit Earth. Earth is a remote planet filled with a prototype of intelligent species nothing more. Humanity invented the Internet and with it the social mirror of its infant collective mind. Most of the internet is filled till the brink with moronic or rather brainless things. It is with with perversity and infantile humor and people raather spend their time watching a ten minute Nyan Nyan poptard cat then to watch an educational video or have a meaningful discussion.
Even if humans engage in a debate then it is often filled with biased opinion, struggles for power (power is a perspective people, NOT a force). Half of the race has delusions, fantasy rich make believe worlds or psychic illnesses and the other half has a warped perspective of reality based upon a limited understanding of real value.

If anything humanity is something to shrug and have a single sympathetic smirk at it before leaving it. You can help a developing intelligence become intelligent they have to learn it by them selves or they will never be ready to do things on their own.

Humanity is on its own, we don't have alien enemies or allies simply because we do not matter yet and we can't be helped on a journey that must be traveled alone. That is the singular truth in this matter. It is a truth past visitation or not. Human DNA is not special, slave labor is not required for advanced species and this bal of dirt is a dime a dozen. If anything 'they' are waiting doing their own thing not yet truly caring for us. Humanity is progressing slowly. Hurry up! I am way past boredom already.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Have you considered that UFO sightings have reduced over the past 50 years because alien cloaking technology has advanced?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

How many pictures do you have (not stock photos taken by the air force) of scam jets? I've never seen an iPhone photo of a scam jet in flight? Why?

Things we think we know about UFOs

• Travel extremely fast, faster than consumer cameras framerate
• Seem to distort space/time/gravity PULSE (like they fade in and out of reality or something), making it impossible for autofocus or any consumer camera that doesn't even offer manual focus
• Can visually appear to be invisible
• Advanced tech could easily detect humans or camera and go invisible each time (we can already detect this from our military platforms)

That's like thinking atoms don't exist because you can't directly observe them.

It's almost impossible that aliens will be at the same level of evolution. We've evolved over billions of years, what if they were only one million years older than us? Do you think they would ever be caught on our technology if they didn't want us to see them?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by subby
Have you considered that UFO sightings have reduced over the past 50 years because alien cloaking technology has advanced?

Not really. If they actually can get here from umpteen lightyears away in deep, deep space, then I kind o' doubt their "cloaking technology" would need much advancement.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Explain to me the structured pyramid-like thing I saw hovering outside my house 30 years ago then. I hallucinated once and only once in my life like that?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think a lot of people who believe aliens are here do so because they want to believe it, and not due to whether there is any evidence for it or not, much like belief in religion and the like. Just as someone may say something in their holy book proves their religion is the one true religion, someone who wants to believe in aliens will find things to support their belief despite the lack of evidence.

I second that our popular culture being full of alien stories probably doesn't help much either, and may even lead people to have dreams or dream like experiences where they believe they meet aliens. A person who does not question their beliefs might come away from that thinking it was a real alien encounter. When I used to read a lot of science fiction, I had lots of dreams about aliens. However, I didn't think anything real was going on.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AncientShade

Well from everything you wrote I will agree with one thing.

There wouldn’t be any need for aliens to visit the Earth at this point.

WHY???

24/7 digital TV and satellite broadcasts sending out more information into space than anyone could ever need.

Why the hell would aliens risk being caught and dissected when all they need is a cable provider lol?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'd like to know the percentile of the population that sleeps during the night, also how often do people stare at the sky? I think it would be safe to say it's not nearly as often as people using their camera phones for things that have nothing to do with the sky in particular.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
There are people who believe in this and there are people who doesn't. Who is right, time will tell, probably not in our lifetime though. History is long and slow.

But it is very interesting that people who doesn't believe that we are being visited by aliens spend a lot of time and effort trying to convince others. But at the same time they rarely use the same kind of logic towards outdated religious beliefs.

And it's even more interesting to hear those who actually are religious and use this kind of logic.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Chazam

When it comes to Aliens I am agnostic.

When it comes to visitation I am less enthusiastic.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Extra-terrestrials no. Inter-dimensionals yes.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dowot
reply to post by mcx1942

I have seen this quoted before, "the belief a human would die if they went over 20 miles per hour. " but can not think why it was said.

After all, a horse, the then most normal form of propulsion, can trot at nearly 20 MPH, and gallop at 30 to 40MPH. So people knew that that statement was a lie.

Probably some anti sales pitch by the canal owners/users.

I believe it was due to the fact that the early engines would vibrate so violently, that if you traveled faster than 20MPH in one, you would be shaken to death. Likely FUD spread by the "buggy whip guild".

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
"There are no Alien Ships visiting Earth..." Well, that is your opinion -and you are certainly entitled to it.

I say:
"There are Alien Ships visiting Earth. There have been Alien Ships visiting Earth for a very, very long time. There will continue to be Alien Ships visiting Earth long after humans have gone."

That is my opinion and I am equally entitled to it as well. Am I not?

Both are merely opinions, not facts, since neither of us can prove what we believe.

[editby ]edit on 7/25/2013 by Outrageo because:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
You are absolutely 100% correct. They arent visiting....they are already here.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

Heh, t-smurf, I just wanted to chime in that I've seen those, too, more than once. So have alotta others.

About 10 yrs ago, two "satellites" came from opposite horizons (East-West if it matters) over Tucson, AZ and stopped about 2 or 3 degrees of sky apart from each other... just stopped... and two or so seconds later, they did a fast semi-circle around each other, like they "switched places" or were tied to each other with a cable for a quick swing and release, and then continued on their way... though a tad faster, not that I could really gauge speed too well from a point of light, though they were above some light cirrus cloud cover.

That puzzled me to no ends... even more so than the white cylinder the seeming size of an aircraft-carrier hanging immobile in 40 mph + winds over the same city in 1997... as that one coulda been a tethered balloon/blimp... or so I tell myself, even though other witnesses saw it disappear while I was going for my camara... and why/how someone could/would tether a cylinder kite/blimp over a residential neighborhood I can't figure out.

Come to think of it, the orange paneled diamond thingy that buzzed my desert house in the 1980's was the weirdest, but I (unlike other family members) only saw the tail end as it left, though it lit up my room at 4 in the a.m.

The other sightings by trusted family and friends are even more spectacularly weird ... and then there's the stuff seen by everybody else... but nothing going on here!

But maybe the OP is correct as who knows what or who those things are?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I am somewhat on the fence regarding this phenomenon because I have yet to witness this myself.

I think the fact that we are stuck on a giant spinning rock, traversing through what we have coined "The Universe", just about anything could be possible. Our existence alone defies our logical sense of reality.

Also, I randomly happened upon another thread you(Op) made a while back, about the same topic.

I'm curious as to why you did not just continue that thread. Link to the Op's other thread of same topic idea - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by rigel4

UFO ET Craft are not visiting Earth. There is NO EVIDENCE to suggest otherwise.

Prove me wrong

Just saying.

You really hate UFO's don't ya lol.

It's o.k.

Everybody is entitled to their opinions.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
So when are the UFO community going to accept that there are no
alien spaceships visiting planet Earth?

The entire world is filled with Camera phones, Cameras, video cameras, surveillance cameras
and everything else in between. Still... after 20 years of the digital age, there is still no smoking gun.

Satellites patrol the skies seeing everything that moves, but all we are offered are the same blurry lights in the sky
or clever cgi that is eventually taken apart by debunkers and shown for what it is.

I tell you alien visitation is wishful thinking..not a science fact.

Oh sure there are billions of civilizations out there in the cosmos..that much I am sure of, but flying saucers/

UfO's belong in a comic book..

Sorry; no star and no flag. It's not that I disagree with your opinion on the subject matter, however, it is the poorly-written method of which I disagree. This is not a personal attack, indeed, it presents itself as an opportunity to learn, to grow, and to develop the skills necessary to produce a successful and substantial thread. When dealing with highly controversial topics, like extraterrestrials and UFOs, it is essential to produce a body of evidence that significantly defines your position. Threads should include quantifiable and objective sources, data, and information. Threads and posts that include subjective material are typically never considered substantial. I've read previous threads by you on ATS. There's a lot of good stuff there. You have a WATS index of 35 so I know you can produce much better material. There are a lot of ATS members that produce really cool threads. I'd start checking them out. Like I said, this is not a personal attack, and I'm no expert on ATS, but I do know a great thread when I read one.

Anywhoo...I look forward to your future posts and threads. Cheers!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join