It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are no Alien Ships visiting Earth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

And for a very long time!! They maybe TPTB!!
Ask yourself why the POTUS only has security clearance level 17. So who has 1 to 16??????
If ET/ID's have only 10,000 years technological advancement then that Im sure would be sufficient enough to keep us in the dark, guessing and disagreeing!!! The ideal status quo for them is it not!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

You know, they've only been documented for thousands of years.
Can't possibly be alien ships visiting earth.
edit on 26-7-2013 by Gudakesa because: Added another image.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I used to believe in ufo's. I mean growing up, that is what we always heard about. It was not until I actually started studying the phenomenon myself by coming to places like here, and looking for real meat on the subject. Over time, after looking everywhere, it all seems to be just science fiction. None of the evidence is convincing to me at any level. I still keep trying to find that one thing though. That one piece that will make my hair stand and mouth gape wide open.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by deanNS

I was in your position until accidentally one winter evening, a shining light shone against a wall. It wasn't bright, it was shimmering and even then I ignored it. Shortly, someone who was with me in the living room said, "what's that coming from the front window?" I thought it was a car that had just passed by but decided to get up and have a look. I stood before the window curtain and peered through. In the distance was a big ball of light, it had an amber color and it would fluctuate. It was moving slowly above the ground at about 10-15 ft. along the country road just passed the furthest ditch, over the grassland just outside the small community, which wasn't very far.

My mouth dropped at what I was looking at and hurried this other person to come and look because, it was moving out from view. Luckily, the two of us seen it. I weighed an internal debate about whether I should run out there and chase it with a camera. It would be a run, I'd need to put on winter boots and a jacket, not to mention find a camera which wasn't anywhere to be found. There's also the slight fear of the unknown, even though I was intensely interested, it was my first definitive UFO sighting at the time. This was back in January 2008. So I decided not to pursue as it had already gone out of view heading northerly and behind the community.

What I'd like to tell you is, I was in your exact position, casually showing interest in reading about UFOs, checking out pictures and videos from people claiming it's this and that but I didn't get captivated by their stories into believing something strange and mysterious exists out there. It is only until you personally see something that defies explanation, that is mysterious and fascinating. The sighting I had seemed accidental and when it was over, I thought it'd be the last sighting I'd ever have. I thought the odds of ever seeing a UFO for yourself again are astronomical and thought why would I be so special? I predicted in time, I'd forget what happened and the sight of it that had burnt into my memory would fade away. I didn't forget and I can still playback what happened like a video clip.

There was another sighting, followed by more sightings, and then there was an even greater sighting. To this day, I could stand outside and stare at the night sky. People demand evidence from witnesses and they demand them to prove it until their heart's content. I demanded that before all of these years sighting and experiencing things. No matter how much you demand, it isn't likely to come in the a way that you're looking for. What you need is to actually witness these events, not try to grasp it by some others mere words and pictures. People need to simply, step outside from their lives and dedicate some of their time, watching.

Go out and have a gander. Step away from trying to search for something on the computer to convince you of something we're naturally inclined to be skeptical about. It's almost like sitting at a library and it being your life to learn about the world from books. It is only until you get up from your chair and step out into the real world, in pursuit of your interest, in this case, UFOs, that you will have greatly increased your odds of finding out the truth with your own eyes.

UFO activity is out there, you just have to get out and look for it. You don't even have to step 20 ft. from your own yard and venture out into the wilderness or go on a great road trip. You can stand and stare at the skies from one spot in your backyard. That's what I've been doing and although you don't always see something interesting every time you do it, you're taking an active role in surveying the skies for 'potential objects of interest'. That's what's important if you want to find out the truth for yourself. It's going to take time and dedication, make it a habbit, get into routine. If it's only a 15-20 minute watch every night, that's perfectly acceptable. A lot can happen.

I haven't delved into too much here, just one sighting that started it all.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma
reply to post by Thundersmurf

Heh, t-smurf, I just wanted to chime in that I've seen those, too, more than once. So have alotta others.

About 10 yrs ago, two "satellites" came from opposite horizons (East-West if it matters) over Tucson, AZ and stopped about 2 or 3 degrees of sky apart from each other... just stopped... and two or so seconds later, they did a fast semi-circle around each other, like they "switched places" or were tied to each other with a cable for a quick swing and release, and then continued on their way... though a tad faster, not that I could really gauge speed too well from a point of light, though they were above some light cirrus cloud cover.

That puzzled me to no ends... even more so than the white cylinder the seeming size of an aircraft-carrier hanging immobile in 40 mph + winds over the same city in 1997... as that one coulda been a tethered balloon/blimp... or so I tell myself, even though other witnesses saw it disappear while I was going for my camara... and why/how someone could/would tether a cylinder kite/blimp over a residential neighborhood I can't figure out.

Come to think of it, the orange paneled diamond thingy that buzzed my desert house in the 1980's was the weirdest, but I (unlike other family members) only saw the tail end as it left, though it lit up my room at 4 in the a.m.

The other sightings by trusted family and friends are even more spectacularly weird ... and then there's the stuff seen by everybody else... but nothing going on here!

But maybe the OP is correct as who knows what or who those things are?

Nice,

It's refreshing to hear that others have similar experiences. Of all the odd things I've seen close up in my life, or have heard from trusted friends, those 'satellites' are by far the most compelling evidence for superior technology, even if they were only as significant looking as a faint star.

One day we'll find out more. Until then, we just have to be content knowing that something else is out there that we can't explain.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
300 BILLION Stars in our own galaxy
Most of them probably have planetary system
Many of those could have life.

Bloody hell these aliens must have a busy time trying to get around that lot.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Premise of the OP is flawed. Professionally produced movies and TV shows have created a false impression of what consumer-grade optics are capable of. Take a photo the next time a plane flies overhead at maximum zoom. Chances are that the photo will turn out very poorly, with the subject out of focus. It's not that UFOs just happen to be captured on cheap cameras, it's that even our best consumer-grade optics won't capture footage of such subjects at such a speed and distance very well.

The second problem is that you assume footage of UFOs should necessarily increase over time. However, this is simply untrue. Just as the real rate of violent crime has decreased over time despite continued media coverage, so too do UFOs remain a rare phenomenon in that they are rarely photographed and/or recorded. Their lack of visual documentation does not imply they don't exist. There are many classic cases in the field, lacking visual documentation (Lonnie Zamora, Carl Higdon, Travis Walton, I could continue...) which can't be debunked as simple hallucinations or misidentified lights.

I can inform that you that much work has been done on the part of scientists to transform the UFO field into a scientific discipline. There's a very large, reputable body of work which lends credence to the phenomena as being real and solid. What's necessary is to correlate a pattern of independent witness observations (e.g. no noise, sudden reversal) with scientific data. What happens after is that a strong case builds itself. If we start with zero assumptions and simply match observations with data, we leave with a much more complete account of what happened than if we assumed these were lights or some other "mundane" event. Well, lights don't reverse direction or run into within twenty feet of your car (and yes, I can list such cases).

The third problem is that no one knows where these craft come from. There's strong evidence suggesting that some cases could be ET (yet again, I can list several cases with data to back them up), but other popular hypotheses include the psycho-social, inter-dimensional and time-traveler hypotheses. Jacques Vallee is the best proponent of the second hypothesis.

The fourth problem with OP is that absence of "evidence" is not evidence of absence. You can designate any arbitrary standard of evidence and dismiss that which doesn't fit the mold. UFO photos, while relatively uncommon compared to the body of recorded evidence without such documentation, aren't the standard of evidence people should be demanding. Photos can be easily hoaxed. It's much easier to draw information from reliable witness accounts which can be narrowed down to a few credible interpretations. As opposed to some photo which can draw so many (and often unsavory) interpretations. A picture's worth a thousand words...

By your standard of evidence, the whole era of Antiquity would cease to exist. Ultimately, we must branch out to other methods of producing knowledge which don't skew our interpretation of results. Such is the nature of the UFO phenomenon...

edit on 26-7-2013 by RUInsane because: Corrections

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by rigel4
So when are the UFO community going to accept that there are no
alien spaceships visiting planet Earth?
Oh sure there are billions of civilizations out there in the cosmos..that much I am sure of, but flying saucers/
UfO's belong in a comic book.
Sorry, but there are a lot of folks out there who have witnessed/experienced something, and while you may not agree with their conclusions...until more information emerges, their opinions are at least as valid as yours.

that doesn't mean that what they are experiencing is necessarily alien craft......

My grandmother one time thought a huge bat was a demon. she swore up and down that it was.. then i cracked the case.. Had I not done that her account would of been that of a demon and some people would lap it up and use that as a way to support the existence of demons.

You are sure of those billions of civilizations yet you have no proof just probability. how about some proof bucko.. oh what?? no proof yet but your gut says so.. and so does probability?? really??

I can probably win the lottery but the reality is I won't... but my gut says I can

There is more evidence proving there are no alien craft visiting than there is proof supporting it is.

edit on 26-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gudakesa

You know, they've only been documented for thousands of years.
Can't possibly be alien ships visiting earth.
edit on 26-7-2013 by Gudakesa because: Added another image.

so have demons does that make them real too?? the type that take your soul not just anal probe you

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Belief is the same as god . deity's.. and ghosts, so i think what you are saying is exactly right,
believing in something doesn't make it real..

[color=6699FF]and mere lop-sided, largely blind

BELIEF

in the non-existence of that which millions of people have observed and/or tangibly experienced

does NOT make such objects figments of such folks' imaginations,

either

edit on 26/7/2013 by BO XIAN because: trying to fix the tag

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
acknowledgment of your SOUL or eternalness is a step...
And so What is yours like visualize it. first try may not be easy but.. Imagine if you never knew that YOU but some did.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
as you observed the physical YOU only and its existence.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

The evidence suggests that my statement is entirely true.

I must beg to differ.

I believe the evidence indicates that you, with EVIDENTLY great narrowness and rigidity of your construct world, define out of existence the incredible warehouses full of evidence that don't fit the biases you seem to have a death-grip on.

e.g. the 4,000+ trace landing cases quite scientifically investigated by a quality well trained team.

You could, however, check-out your construct structure here:

gigi.cpsc.ucalgary.ca:2000...

There's some, I'd guesstimate, very small chance, that I'm wrong about it.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
only clicked once. Don't know why the double post.

edit on 26/7/2013 by BO XIAN because: double post.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

No pictures and no hard evidence.

EVIDENTLY

Hard evidence doesn't float your boat regardless of how loudly you SEEM to be calling for it.

There' 4,000+ cases with HARD EVIDENCE in the trace landing cases database--investigated quite scientifically by well trained folks.

But noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo . . .

YOU in your lofty-ness evidently did not PERSONALLY investigate the 4,000 cases

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

they are disqualified by your obviously 'superior knowledge?'

Now where's that barf bag.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
A species advanced enough to have interstellar space travel down can't figure out how to circumvent an iPhone's camera? Interesting hypothesis.

What amazes me . . . is the naysayers as well as many others convinced of the various evidence

all seem to blithely

UTTERLY IGNORE

the evident fact that

THERE IS SOMETHING INHERENT about the design and operation of the craft that make crystal sharp photos extremely difficult to impossible to capture.

Some say it's the ionization over the exterior skin of the craft which both facilitate such fast speeds without sonic booms etc. as well as the difficulty in capturing a sharp photo.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Fallen angels would explain T Walton's story.

Fallen angels would explain all the stories I can think of.

And, Dr Jacques Valleee and Dr JA Hynek both asserted that the critters are essentially evil entities from an evil spiritual DIMENSION.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
reply to post by FlyersFan

You know that most people who have seen UFOs have also had ghostly encounters? I have myself. I believe they are related and nothing to do with what we generally perceive them to be.

Guy Malone

www.alienresistance.org...

agrees with you.

As does L.A. Marzulli

www.lamarzulli.net...

as do Cris Putnam and Tom Horn of

EXO-VATICANA

www.logosapologia.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Both the anecdotal evidence and the Drake equation are pretty convincing to me that aliens are real.

I'm convinced the ET/fallen angel critters are real.

However, as Stanton Friedman

www.stantonfriedman.com...

has demonstrated with his usual wit and humor, the "Drake equation" is a farce.

There's a number of variables that we are essentially utterly clueless about. Pretending we know enough to plug those factors into an equation that makes any logical sense is absurd.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Thanks for noticing my post, that's rare. I also agree with them. I don't normally post about it because you won't get much except flack from people around here.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join