It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News uses photo of Obama speech about Zimmerman to incite hate over economic address...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

let me ask you a question, if they hadn't put the caption there would you have known when it was taken?
would it have mattered to you? they did the right thing by placing the caption under the photo, i think most people have enough discernment to know that the one thing has nothing to do with the other.

I did.

edit on 22-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Egads!

How Dare Fox News use the most recent picture of Obama!

Bunch of Haters the Fox news lot!!

Burn down their station!!!

You know like the Nazi's use to do with books they didn't like.
edit on 22-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Obamas Economic address stock photos

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You really have no idea what a Nazi is do you?

But way to bring Godwin's Law into effect.

I was simply showing that FOX News is using a photo designed to instill a sense of hate into their readership. The captioning was intentional. It immediately makes a person with a predetermined opinion on the zimmerman case and Obama's rhetoric about it instantly side against the unrelated article.

Instead of reading the article itself and basing your opinion on the facts contained therein, a person may look at the photo, read the caption, and decide that whatever the POTUS is doing is horrible and be against it without giving it any credence.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Sure do know what a nazi is, and what is with the photo eh?

Beck doesn't even work for Fox anymore, before that He worked for CNN.

I was simply showing that FOX News is using a photo designed to instill a sense of hate into their readership. The captioning was intentional. It immediately makes a person with a predetermined opinion on the zimmerman case and Obama's rhetoric about it instantly side against the unrelated article.

Nope took a story and spun it to a diatribe against that villian Fox News.

Kinda like Fox News was getting accused of.

Instead of reading the article itself and basing your opinion on the facts contained therein, a person may look at the photo, read the caption, and decide that whatever the POTUS is doing is horrible and be against it without giving it any credence.

More spin.

For most of us we don't need Fox News telling us anything Obama says is going to be bad for this country, hell 5 years of proof can already be seen.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Says it all...

Only morons believe anything said by Fox/MSNBC/CNN/HuffPo/ABC/CBS/etc or that this thread was created by someone "independent"...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Oh, so you are okay with 0bama using PR firms and research companies, or and meta data to pitch a lie....Errr I mean election to the masses. Yet you have beef with Fox News slanting a certain way?

You are about the biggest hypocrit on ATS.
edit on 22-7-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Oh, so you are okay with 0bama using PR firms and research companies, or and meta data to pitch a lie....Errr I mean election to the masses. Yet you have beef with Fox News slanting a certain way?

Politicians of both sides do that. The media is supposed to be honest and truthful and FOX News is supposed to be "Fair and Balanced" and "They report, you decide" but that's not what is going on here is it?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

So, again, you are fine with it, so long as "your side" is doing it.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

What about the fact that the rest of the main stream media refuses to do any story that does not make the president look like a saint?

What happened to the N.S.A. , I.R.S., E.P.A., and the Benghazi scandals? Nothing happened to them it is just a fact that your beloved msm refuses to cover these stories. Why? It is simple those kind of stories expose this administration for the douche-bags that they are. My question is how long will you continue with this political pandering? Your messiah is getting old.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well what happened to being fair and balanced?

They should have also reported on Trayon's tweets...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Pretty much every thing that the POTUS is doing is crap. Name one thing good he has done since being elected.

Oh ya he created a bigger division in this country. I forgot about that. Way to go Obama!!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Also you might want to look in to the ratings. Fox news seems to be doing better than most of the leftist media outlets such as NBC, CBS, ABC and the MSN

Not saying that FOX is a good source. Just sayin the rest are no better , and often times worse.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Almost....

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

Name one thing good he has done since being elected.

Here is a list of campaign promises that Obama has kept.

www.politifact.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
I was simply showing that FOX News is using a photo designed to instill a sense of hate into their readership.

But it was a NICE picture of Obama. He looked fine. And it was a very recent picture.
So where's the 'hate'??
Not seeing it ....

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

And here is a list of promises that he broke (from that same site) ... Obama Broken Promises .
Obama - 19 Broken Campaign Promises
Obama distorted his past
Business Insider - 9 Campaign Promises that Obama has Broken
Tally Obama Failed Campaign Promises
Including close GITMO; Cut the Deficit in Half; Fix the Economy; Televise Health Care Debate; Increase Transparency

Obama racks up broken promises
Here's just one from the list ... His 'no lobbiest will find a job in my White House' ... broken promise

However, USA Today reported Obama’s campaign fundraising team included 38 members of law firms that were paid $138 million in 2007 to lobby the federal government.

“Those lawyers, including 10 former federal lobbyists, have pledged to raise at least $3.5 million” for Obama’s campaign, the report states. “Employees of their firms have given Obama’s campaign $2.26 million.”

It wasn’t long before he allowed at least two dozen exceptions and broke his promise.

The best for last .... This is from last year - 218 Reasons Not to Vote for Obama
A VERY GOOD list of the things Obama has done wrong.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

But it was a NICE picture of Obama. He looked fine. And it was a very recent picture.
So where's the 'hate'??
Not seeing it ....

LMAO. Ok, nice one, had me going there.

If you haven't noticed the seething, mouth foaming, unbridled RAGE hate for absolutely every single thing this president dares to do, speak, think, makes mention of, looks at, ponders on, or even his very existence. Then you haven't' really been paying attention to politics over the last 6 years.

I've always maintained that this president could completely destroy the right wing of this country by simply adopting all of their policies. Their sheer hatred and loathing of this man's existence would turn them into bleeding heart liberals in an instant.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

So where's the 'hate'??
Not seeing it ....

LMAO. Ok, nice one, had me going there.

What are you talking about?? Show me how the picture is hateful. It's a nice picture.
He's dressed well. He has a normal look on his face. It's not photoshopped. He's
looking 'presidential'. It's a recent shot and not something old.
Again .. how is this a hateful picture?

If you haven't noticed the seething, mouth foaming, unbridled RAGE hate for absolutely every single thing this president dares to do, speak, think, makes mention of, looks at, ponders on, or even his very existence. Then you haven't' really been paying attention to politics over the last 6 years.

That's an amazingly wild rant you have there ... but again .. it fails to show how the picture of Obama is in any way 'inciting hate'. How EXACTLY is the picture of Obama .. which is a very nice picture .. inciting 'hate'?? He looks just fine to me, and I can't stand the guy (with good reason).

Explain how exactly the picture 'incites hate'.
We are two pages into this thread and you haven't explained that yet.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Explain how exactly the picture 'incites hate'.

It's the context in which the picture was taken that incites the hate. That is the picture from the speech where Obama commented on the zimmerman case. This information was purposefully included in the article in order to twist people's emotions and make them automatically hate the idea that Obama was going to go around and talk about the economy.

Do you understand now?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join