It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What scares you?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Being over powered and male raped, is my biggest fear. Just not sure I could ever handle that one. I'm also scared of the dying process.

This is an interesting fear.... I'm going to assume that you are a male. Freud would naturally say there some homo-eroticism involved in this fear, but I don't necessarily agree. I feel it is more an issue of fear of loss of control.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by CIAGypsy

I am not really that scared of anything else to be honest although i do fear being burned to death - not death itself, more the pain involved. I have no idea where that may come from though, other than an over fertile imagination.

These are the kinds of fears that especially interest me....the ones that have no outward explanation.

Do you dream of being burned alive?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Society.

Society scares me. Why? Because i look out into a crowd of mindless, brainwashed individuals who want nothing more to do but talk away on their mobile phones and consume the latest unneeded products.

I fear where society as a whole is heading.
edit on 22-7-2013 by daaskapital because: sp

Does this fear cause you physiological anxiety attacks? Or just concern?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Interesting thread Gypsy,

Like some others posters I have the usual fear of loss, that something might happen to my daughter and that I would be helpless to intervene. Fear of dogs is a big one but that too can be traced back to negative dog experiences in my childhood. Both of these I would consider rational irrational fears in that I can understand the reasons for feeling the way I do.

Death weirdly does not frighten me at all. I'm hoping I can go without prolonged pain but my curious mind knows that the only way to know what happens next is to experience it first hand.

So, my big fear that I cannot really explain is my fear of being in the water with orcas, and more specifically orcas in closed bodies of water. Orca dreams are some of my earliest remembered dreams, and I have been dreaming about them a few times a year for at least 40 years. Because of this I do not ever intend to be in the ocean and have trouble with bodies of water in which I cannot see the bottom.

A couple of years ago my husband who is a songwriter performer was asked to play a healing retreat out here in the pacific northwest. There was a woman there who was using stones for divination. She asked if I wanted to give it a go and after holding the stones for awhile she threw them down and there on the grass was an image I instantly recognized. Much like Queequeg from Moby Dick she had thrown an orca. She however said "oh wonderful, you have very strong dolphin energy". Usually I am a very hard read but this was so incredibly clear I think I might have giggled a little.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

Being over powered and male raped, is my biggest fear. Just not sure I could ever handle that one. I'm also scared of the dying process.

This is an interesting fear.... I'm going to assume that you are a male. Freud would naturally say there some homo-eroticism involved in this fear, but I don't necessarily agree. I feel it is more an issue of fear of loss of control.

Is it eroticism, for a female to fear rape? I would say it was a fear of being forced into something against my will, that would come with all sorts of psychological issues.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Is it eroticism, for a female to fear rape? I would say it was a fear of being forced into something against my will, that would come with all sorts of psychological issues.

Apologies. I thought you were a male and my comment was from that perspective. Looking at the situation from the perspective of a female, yes....there are some of the same aspects of fear. Loss of control, being objectified....

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pennylemon
Interesting thread Gypsy,

So, my big fear that I cannot really explain is my fear of being in the water with orcas, and more specifically orcas in closed bodies of water. Orca dreams are some of my earliest remembered dreams, and I have been dreaming about them a few times a year for at least 40 years. Because of this I do not ever intend to be in the ocean and have trouble with bodies of water in which I cannot see the bottom.

A couple of years ago my husband who is a songwriter performer was asked to play a healing retreat out here in the pacific northwest. There was a woman there who was using stones for divination. She asked if I wanted to give it a go and after holding the stones for awhile she threw them down and there on the grass was an image I instantly recognized. Much like Queequeg from Moby Dick she had thrown an orca. She however said "oh wonderful, you have very strong dolphin energy". Usually I am a very hard read but this was so incredibly clear I think I might have giggled a little.

Very interesting... So you don't have a general fear of the ocean? More of a specific circumstance that is tied to the ocean and a particular animal in it? Have you grown up close to the ocean? When was the first time you ever saw an orca in person (how old were you?)? Or have you?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
A royal reptilian baby.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

What scares you?

The words, "Next, on TLC...Honey Boo Boo"

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
A royal reptilian baby.

Oh...now that was just downright mean.

Who could be afraid of a baby?
edit on 23-7-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

go see the movie Chucky...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Lol...and here I was waiting on someone to post a picture of Rosemary's baby.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

One of my fellow mods' baby pics....

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I am a male, I was just comparing whether the fears are both eroticism. What perspective you take whether male or female shouldn't matter. In a way its worse for men, because of the stigmatisation and feelings of loss of 'manhood'.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I think my biggest fear besides something happening to my kids is basically fear, by it's self. I'm scared that I'm so scared of failure that I won't actually try to do certain things in my life. Resulting in me feeling like a failure for not doing what I want to do because of he fear of failure.. make sense

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Very interesting... So you don't have a general fear of the ocean? More of a specific circumstance that is tied to the ocean and a particular animal in it? Have you grown up close to the ocean? When was the first time you ever saw an orca in person (how old were you?)? Or have you?

I really don't have a general fear of the ocean at all, and aside from the my obvious aversion to meeting a shark that might want to eat me, it's the possibility of meeting the orcas face to face that fills me will dread.

I grew up in southern California somewhat near the coast and as an adult live in the far north woods of California. I'm near enough so on a calm night I can sometimes hear the seals on the coast. As a child I have always had an issue with heading to the beach according to my mother. As I got older and the dreams continued my family took me to Sea World thinking that maybe I would lose my fear when I saw them in person. I remember it so vividly. It was horrible and looking back now I equate it to the feeling some with fear of heights describe when you feel that for some reason you might "accidentally" jump. I felt like any move on my part might end with me being "in" the tank somehow.

Over the years I have become very interested in the plight of these captive orcas and with the idea that no orca should be in captivity, ever.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by erikaorange589

Erica,

I really do understand this kind of thought processes. The other day my grandmother, who is 89, said "If you can't do something right the first time, don't bother doing it at all". I had never heard her say it quite like that and it got me thinking that this is the root of that kind of self depreciating fear, and it seems to have concentrated itself over the years. Now we have a culture that in general, will pounce at any mistake and it has become a badge of honor to point out failures.

As I write this I am thinking that the cousin to this fear is a kind of shame that comes with actually being good at something. It would seem that many who would point out "fails" with glee might also consider excelling at something and admitting it to be prideful. I think of them as the "so you think you are better than the rest of us" crowd.

I have come to think of them as the voice of my Grandmother and it helps the stubborn side of me take action. Don't listen to them, go for it. You might just surprise yourself.

Penny

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Great thread!

What am I afraid of.....dying, but only dying before my children are old enough to look after themselves (i.e. be adults). I am not afraid of dying itself. I see no point of having fear about something we know nothing about:

“To fear death, gentlemen, is no other than to think oneself wise when one is not, to think one knows what one does not know. No one knows whether death may not be the greatest of all blessings for a man, yet men fear it as if they knew that it is the greatest of evils.”
- Socrates

I am also afraid of.........NIBIRU/Planet X!! Although it is a bit overdue.......Maybe I can relax now.......

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
people who have nothing better to do than go onto the internet and post on the same forum for years .

over and over even when you call them out on it without using the word shill .

or people who call you a idiot without ever meeting you

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join