It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What scares you?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I imagine that topic title is begging for funny jokes about ATS mods or our community friends, but I am asking this question in all seriousness. Fear is something that everyone experiences. If anyone says otherwise, they are not being truthful.

I'm interested in a serious discussion about what scenarios would cause you to be truly afraid. What gives you a fearful physiological response to even just THINK about it? Is it related to a past experience? Or does it simply touch some buried psychological complex that you can't explain?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
What scares me the most is that we live in a society where many think this is ok:

Wanna see some ATS Phobias?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

edit on 21-7-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Blond twin children like in the midwitch cuckoos...I dunno why I have nightmares about them and I freak a little when I see them.
I think it is also to do with watching The shining when I was young, those twins scare me also.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

I don't know if it's the weather but lately I have been staring out of my window in the late evening early morning just to take a peak at who's around. My neighborhood is not very well lit and I'm on a hill...

I live in the suburbs and the neighborhood is very quiet. I often spook myself thinking that some black figure will be in the street looking back at me...Although I don't want to see it I find my self sitting on my kids bed while he's asleep just looking out the window...Not sure why this creeps me out but it does...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I have SAD, I'm afraid of everything.

If you'd have asked "What doesn't scare you?"

I'd have listed a shorter answer for you.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

My greatest fear is of my grandchild being kidnapped by some sick, psychopathic pedophile pervert. When we go anywhere my eyes never leave her for even a second and I always have a hand on her. Even when we're inside my house the doors and windows remain locked at all times when she is here, and when I take her outside to play it is inside the fence and my Pitbull is with us as well as having my cell handy in my pocket. I guess I've seen too many horror stories on the news and it has made me paranoid, but I can't help it.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Nuclear war.

The most terrified I have ever been was when I awoke one night to see on TV a news report that a nuclear war had broken out. It was very realistic. I ran into my moms room and woke her up and couldn't talk, only stutter and point at the tv.

I found out about 10 minutes later that it was a news scenario depicting how one could start , but it was very realistic. I guess I missed the warning at the beginning of the show that it was not a real event. It caused several years worth of nightmares,and still to this day is deeply imbedded in my sub-conscious. It created an instant dislike and fascination with nuclear weapons that to this day still carries on, where OI can't help but look up nuclear detonations, and any time the news talks of nuclear weapons I become glued to the screen wondering why and how we can be so stupid.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I have a fear of death; not becoming a parent and have relations with women; suffering from pain and depression; my body giving out; and not having money, power or influence.

link   
idiots and drunks and ? lady gaga

link   
reply to post by jude11

Go figure... Walmart

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
reply to post by jude11

Go figure... Walmart

Just following your guide...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Spiders and Snakes, Crocodiles. Reptilians,

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Spiders and Snakes, Crocodiles. Reptilians,

That's what dreams are made of. I love all animals and never understood why people fear reptiles, spiders, etc. Well, looking at the pant less guy at wallmart gives me the heebeegeebees for humans.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
What scares the hell out of me? Besides spiders...

People.

Cirque

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

What scares me is the thought of dying. The fact that it will happen and there is nothing I can do to prevent it from happening. Hopefully it won't happen for many years but I could die next week or before I finish typing this sent...
edit on 21-7-2013 by playernumber13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2013 by playernumber13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The world that we are leaving our children and their children

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

I don't know if it's the weather but lately I have been staring out of my window in the late evening early morning just to take a peak at who's around. My neighborhood is not very well lit and I'm on a hill...

I live in the suburbs and the neighborhood is very quiet. I often spook myself thinking that some black figure will be in the street looking back at me...Although I don't want to see it I find my self sitting on my kids bed while he's asleep just looking out the window...Not sure why this creeps me out but it does...

Interesting.... Do you mind if I ask a few questions about this?

Do you think it is a fear of being watched? Does the figure resemble a man? Or is it androgynous?

There is certainly something archetypal about a fear of being watched and that figure represented as a black figure.

Is this fear something particular to your neighborhood? Or is it a fear you've always had, regardless of where you've lived?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Blond twin children like in the midwitch cuckoos...I dunno why I have nightmares about them and I freak a little when I see them.
I think it is also to do with watching The shining when I was young, those twins scare me also.

Is it the demeanor or aura of the twins that scares you (i.e. non visual communication)? Or is it something about the way they LOOK? Or...is the fear really stemming for what they are associated with?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by playernumber13

Yes, I'm terrified of death too. What we need to do is something with technology to allow humans to conquer death. Yes! That's it! It's been in front me all this time.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

My greatest fear is of my grandchild being kidnapped by some sick, psychopathic pedophile pervert. When we go anywhere my eyes never leave her for even a second and I always have a hand on her. Even when we're inside my house the doors and windows remain locked at all times when she is here, and when I take her outside to play it is inside the fence and my Pitbull is with us as well as having my cell handy in my pocket. I guess I've seen too many horror stories on the news and it has made me paranoid, but I can't help it.

This definitely seems like a more pertinent fear given the society we live in today, even though I'm sure this type of crime has happened throughout history by the millions. I think we feel an awareness once we become a parent and are responsible for the budding innocence in those who depend on us.

But my instinct says "why?" Why do you feel such fear for this child? Is it a rational fear? Irrational? What is it based on? Is it a mistrust in society? A mistrust in your neighbors? A mistrust in your ability to protect the ones you love?

Note- I'm not saying you need to answer, especially if it makes you uncomfortable. I'm just trying to analyze the emotion of fear.... You and others sharing these thoughts with me is incredibly helpful and I really appreciate it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join